Scamming Methods Exposed

A good mentor would have pointed out the boxes and showed you where to go to loot. You get NO loot from bots and you can't loot the boxes until the boss is dead and your start the death timer. I would say they left you out to dry and kept the loot for themselves.

In beacon missions before VU10 it was always the "opener" ("looter") who got all the loot in the box.

For the beacon missions I've done after VU10, the stackables has been distributed "by damage", proportional to how much ammo you spent. The most obvious example to this is/was Jennifer's Island, with just one box to open. Probably though this would require team rules to be set accordingly (and not, for instance, "Looter takes all"). The only headache in beacon missions has been the manual splitting needed, for instance for guns. The loot is distrubited auctomatically when each box is opened.

Did you (cass81250f) check the team rules for the beacon team what it was set to? Sometimes there are people who creates team with rules such as "looter takes all" or "casual" and invites random people to team, to get loot for free.

Then, there is an obvious thing to say, at beginner level: In beacon missions you need to find and open at least one box to get any loot. Usually there is a box in the same room as the boss. At higher levels there are also boxes along the way. All loot is in the boxes - so if noone in the team opened any box, there will be no loot handed out at all, and noone will get any loot, regardless of damage made/ammo spent. Edit: There is, as far as I know, always a box in the room with the boss. It sounds odd your mentor didn't know about it.

Last edited:
Sorry if this is already written, too much pages to comb all the posts;

Most common scam in all the MMORPG - and I saw it several times on the calytrade channel:
1. A shouts in some channel: Selling item XYZ
2. Slightly afterwards: Buying item XYZ (the same item)
And you hurry to buy the item and resell it for some PED profit only to find out the potential buyer "just bought one" or "sorry, no PED left" etc etc.
Sometimes the intent is not even to scam some PED from the reseller but just to sell fast and at good price some hard to sell item.

Most common scam in all the MMORPG - and I saw it several times on the calytrade channel:
And you hurry to buy the item and resell it for some PED profit only to find out the potential buyer "just bought one" or "sorry, no PED left" etc etc.
Sometimes the intent is not even to scam some PED from the reseller but just to sell fast and at good price some hard to sell item.

How is this a "scam" tho? Just seems like a reseller getting trolled. He isn't getting cheated or anything. If he agrees on a price with the original seller, pays that price and receives the item, then where's the problem?

hello,

as i dont understand for 100% what you are saying,but in my opinion for point 1+2 this is the reseller tactics, they buy and sell the same thing instant,depending what the "customer" wants...
sometimes they shout the both things in the channel within 1 min...

it is a commmon and legal thing,if its also good thats another story..

--> for the rest of your post :

you write like you wanted to do the same thing as they do but you complain then ,that the other reseller doesnt want it anymore, because he got it from another guy faster???

better not to buy something only for selling it to them afterwards....they pay usually also lower % because they want also their charge or it..

Eddie

hello,

as i dont understand for 100% what you are saying,but in my opinion for point 1+2 this is the reseller tactics, they buy and sell the same thing instant,depending what the "customer" wants...

--> for the rest of your post :

you write like you wanted to do the same thing as they do but you complain then ,that the other reseller doesnt want it anymore, because he got it from another guy faster???

better not to buy something only for selling it to them afterwards....they pay usually also lower % because they want also their charge or it..

Eddie

I suspect what he is hinting towards is a team of resellers playing together to create fictional interest in an item one of them is selling, or a situation where a reseller uses 2 accounts, one to sell an item and another one to pretend to be looking for the item and willing to pay a fairly higher markup on it... People that pay attention to the chat might get tempted to buy and resell as there seems to be an opportunity there.

I suspect what he is hinting towards is a team of resellers playing together to create fictional interest in an item one of them is selling, or a situation where a reseller uses 2 accounts, one to sell an item and another one to pretend to be looking for the item and willing to pay a fairly higher markup on it... People that pay attention to the chat might get tempted to buy and resell as there seems to be an opportunity there.

Exactly. And I've seen it in the trade chat.

hello,

I think that market manipulation is explicitly disallowed by the EULA.

If you have a friend who's claiming to buy something falsely with the intent to create a demand/to increase market value, imho it's market manipulation.

I think that market manipulation is explicitly disallowed by the EULA.

If you have a friend who's claiming to buy something falsely with the intent to create a demand/to increase market value, imho it's market manipulation.

-> correct.....but i understood this post like a "used car reseller" ...he buys and sells also the same things instant but to unknown and different ppl...

like you see also in chat "WTB/WTS xxxxx"

--> if the meaning was intended for a false interest from "friends" only for pushing more interest or mu...then yes that is not allowed...

-> correct.....but i understood this post like a "used car reseller" ...he buys and sells also the same things instant but to unknown and different ppl...

Actually in this case the "used car reseller" will be scammed.

Thus said, interesting why this scam is kinda unknown although it is most common in all the MMORPG. I, myself, rarely watch the trade channel but still noticed it several times. In one of the cases a guy was trying to sell an expensive legendary pet and at the same time a player which I knew was a friend of the seller, was shouting to buy the same kind of pet.

LOL... Just read this:
[#calytrade] [XYZ]: WTB [Pile Of Garnets] 150%

And few minutes before on the white chat:
[Local] [ZYX]: WTS [Pile Of Garnets] [Pile Of Rubies]

Especially keeping in mind the highest MU of [Pile Of Garnets] for all the time was 107,16% and right now the lowest buyout MU on AH is 100,28%.

Do someone still thinks it is not a scam?

Last edited:
Hi

I get all kind of weird offers and PMs due to selling quite a few crafted items.

Today I got this fat nolife poor guy, playing a girl character of course, telling how cool I look and so cool armor and so cool weapon and wow how I am.

After a while, since I was flying quads, he asked if he can play a quad to test it out. I said sure. Instead of you know, waiting til I spawn it, trade window pop up instantly :)

Can I post chat logs here or names? No? Is there a website where we can post full chat logs, screenshots, names?

Kinda getting tired of this 5+ times a day someone trying to scam something lol. Atleast future folks could ignore them or I could add a whole bunch to my list and never get tells from known scammers.

PS! Scamming dude is playing that dead model, actress, and television personality :p

A new scam came to my attention yesterday ^^

A noob suddenly is offering his DPS support ... after playing over 10 years, but all he did was scamming and reselling with multiple ava's.

So pls if you hire a DPS support SCAN the avatar before giving him any weapons/ammo, even if you know him for years.
If you cant scan him, ask him to undo this, if he refuses, just ignore the scammer and find another 1.

Back