Scamming Methods Exposed

The file contains a key logger duh

Ok, if that is the case. 'SHE' must be banned for life. But slideshow.exe itself isnt a bad executable if i am correct.

I'm a little confused here :scratch2: someone pays you 200ped + your ammo and they only get half the loot?:scratch2:
wtf?
yes u are..very!:rolleyes:
my deciple gave me 40 ped to hunt with , i bought 4k ammo,came back with almost 200 ped, she got half.I dont scamm nobody.
1},2},3} were all jokes, common old scams that alot of us have had attempted on us, jeez.It was meant to be funny.guess i lost u.:silly2:

Think I read somewhere about a 'vote to depose Soc leader & boot them then demand a hanger for their return to Soc membership' scam somewhere...can't for the life of me think where :D

Of course this is just hearsay, but the potential reward from the scam is enourmous if it happened...and if the Soc had an LA or two the loss to the individual would be financially significant, regardless of whether they coughed up on the blackmail.

Scam #2;

I got a PM and the guy asked it I wanted to buy some pants. I told him NO, that I already had some. Then he asked if I wanted to trade my 7 ped pants for his 100 ped blue pants.

I was curious on what the scam was, so I said YES.

Anyway, so he brings up the trade window and tells me to put my pants in the trade window, so I do. Then he puts in OJ pants. When I questioned him about it, he claimed that it was a glitch in the game's trade window, but they were really worth 100 ped and would be blue once I got them in my inventory.

Well I am a colorer as a profession, unfortunately there is a bug there where you have bleached person item and colored it, then put it back into trade it will like it had as the original time.

While this bug exists it could also be a scam, so make sure you get peds back, or dont give the coloring fee till you see its colored maybe in item info or on yourself.

land area scams

old i know but maybe a list off these sheds could be made saw 1 on auction again..just 2 be more specifick:)

Land Area Shed Scam

There are some Outback Land Area Shed deeds in circulation that people try to sell you as the real land area. The sheds are the small buildings found on the outback land areas that can be used to store items or place a shopkeeper (like an apartment). Remember, to access the land management functions and collect taxes, you need the Land Area deed, not the Land Area Shed deed.

Don't get caught out by paying hundreds of thousands of PED for a small house

AU value scam

Ran into a new scam the other day.
A person crafted a lot of bodyguard gloves and put them in the AU att ridiculously high markups. He then proceeded to convince a noob to buy a pair for "only" 350 ped telling the person to take a look in the AU for value.
The noob was my wife and i was sitting next to her laughing at it and recording every word. That scammer has now been banned by MA :yay: but watch out for this scam

How could I miss this thread?

Oh, my rule of thumb is, if I meet an obviouse scammer I try to keep him busy as long as possible...like talking and walking to a place where he wants me to come...

I never have been scammed so far, at least not that I know of, might be because I mostly trade with people I know for years.

Those could scam me easily, but if they would, it wouldn't be the loss of peds that would hurt me...

Mindark actually did a lot to prevent scamming imo...like the market value button, or enabling the 'split loot equal' option...

Still waiting for a beacon option where yo cant get cheated.

If anyone I don't know asks me for anything i simply say NO and move on. Heard a lot of hard luck bs stories from a lot of people. Still comes the same answer from me NO. = I don't get scammed.

I was told to add the Scam trick i suffered from here since my old thread was locket by a rule lol :)

I'll do my best that this doesent happen to others. I like to add that almost all critical points in this case has a proff attached if anyone doubt any of it.

Anyhow a new scammer is out. Hes very active on forums too. got 2 accounts here and ingame.

Occasionally. Some people sometimes work for others with less time to find more rare items. I took up a job of finding a gun for "XXX". I think that name says me something of a avatar ingame. but i doubt its the real XXX who is behind this profile.

He will offer you a good fee for finding it for him. And when you find it. And he will make sure unoticable to be around where you are afterwards. You buy the item for a price beneath that. luckily at a price reasonable for the effort.

Then you of course tell the original jobgiver that the item is found. Then he will tell you that he is busy or can meet you in some days. And when the day finally arrive he dont show up. Checking up on alot of things. i found alot of holes in his stories and PM's that i did not notice before.

I then told the seller that he was BS and cheater and such. and he said he would buy the gun back and that none of it was true. But he were on CND. i could either wait 4 hours time and meet me down on calypso. or i could come CND and do the deal (smart way to make me even frustrated. Thats 50 ped for trip up/down). I thought i just get off with that item asap. so i took a trip up.

There he said he was in apartment and was just about to go auctions. Then he kept saying he were just going to do this and that for 20 min. And after 20 min he says hes running down now. and then he logged out and dident come back on.

I think he moved everything he had to a new avatar. The thing about this method is that some people will think the seller has nothing to do with the buyer.

Thing is this item was worth upto 1300 ped below what i bought it for. I honestly had no idea it was worth so little. there was no market statestic nor any statestics on internet pages from auction history's.

I blame myself for doing this job. But i wanna warn others about his trick.

Be carefull. this is a smart way to misuse a item with low to none market statestic attached.

Facts:

He arranged 3 meets. None of them ended in a meetup from his side.

I know who he bought the gun of. With which account and for what amount. It was bought with the account of which should buy it of me. so that kinda confirms alot

He has been trying to fool another participants too. i had a PM from the participant with a explenation.

A few heard bad about him before. So this is also helping to confirm.

if you got questions to the Scam (hard to put it all in correct. Complicated story). PM me because it might be hard to keep track of where you put the questions inbetween all the other post's.

Its possible you can find the original thread i made thats been locket. if its being stored and read the reply's there since some people helped me put out the description of the scam more simple, by laying up example scenarios.

Regards NoBion

I was told to add the Scam trick i suffered from here since my old thread was locket by a rule lol :)

I'll do my best that this doesent happen to others. I like to add that almost all critical points in this case has a proff attached if anyone doubt any of it.

Anyhow a new scammer is out. Hes very active on forums too. got 2 accounts here and ingame.

Occasionally. Some people sometimes work for others with less time to find more rare items. I took up a job of finding a gun for "XXX". I think that name says me something of a avatar ingame. but i doubt its the real XXX who is behind this profile.

He will offer you a good fee for finding it for him. And when you find it. And he will make sure unoticable to be around where you are afterwards. You buy the item for a price beneath that. luckily at a price reasonable for the effort.

Then you of course tell the original jobgiver that the item is found. Then he will tell you that he is busy or can meet you in some days. And when the day finally arrive he dont show up. Checking up on alot of things. i found alot of holes in his stories and PM's that i did not notice before.

I then told the seller that he was BS and cheater and such. and he said he would buy the gun back and that none of it was true. But he were on CND. i could either wait 4 hours time and meet me down on calypso. or i could come CND and do the deal (smart way to make me even frustrated. Thats 50 ped for trip up/down). I thought i just get off with that item asap. so i took a trip up.

There he said he was in apartment and was just about to go auctions. Then he kept saying he were just going to do this and that for 20 min. And after 20 min he says hes running down now. and then he logged out and dident come back on.

I think he moved everything he had to a new avatar. The thing about this method is that some people will think the seller has nothing to do with the buyer.

Thing is this item was worth upto 1300 ped below what i bought it for. I honestly had no idea it was worth so little. there was no market statestic nor any statestics on internet pages from auction history's.

I blame myself for doing this job. But i wanna warn others about his trick.

Be carefull. this is a smart way to misuse a item with low to none market statestic attached.

Facts:

He arranged 3 meets. None of them ended in a meetup from his side.

I know who he bought the gun of. With which account and for what amount. It was bought with the account of which should buy it of me. so that kinda confirms alot

He has been trying to fool another participants too. i had a PM from the participant with a explenation.

A few heard bad about him before. So this is also helping to confirm.

if you got questions to the Scam (hard to put it all in correct. Complicated story). PM me because it might be hard to keep track of where you put the questions inbetween all the other post's.

Its possible you can find the original thread i made thats been locket. if its being stored and read the reply's there since some people helped me put out the description of the scam more simple, by laying up example scenarios.

Regards NoBion

Update:

I repported this guy for creating multiple accounts on EU / EF to mindark, for the intention of exploiting to manipulate with other players with.

This is a clear break of the EULA. as your not allowed to create more accounts than one. And also i consider it to be a different kind of exploit.

Anyhow mindark only took the action of locking the second account. (which they do to people that havent really used them or the like). But did not wanna lock him just temporary as a warning for not trying that scam method again. I find it kinda dull, Since there is a break of the rules involved. And a trick/scam. So there is no point in not giving him a temporary lock

Anyhow i failed after multiple complains to get him temporary locked. Anyhow they will take my complains to evoluation on the next meeting regarding support.

Just kinda sucks anyway ;/. I just can't belive they support a idiot / scammer / tricker. When there is clear grounds for a temporary lock atleast.

You could then start a discussion if he should be locked for it or not. Since many makes more accounts and uses them to manipulate the market statestics on items and so on. And yes. I think they should punish people that manipulates and exploits with an non allowed second account.

Twenty three pages are alot to read though, so I'll just get it right out without checking if it has already been posted. I apologize if it has already been reported.

In two occasions I have been approached by an avatar wearing thorn OJs asking to team hunt. I believe he is spanish (or at least his avatar resembles spanish names).

He will approach you and suggest a team hunt. Usually called "Global". You will head off with him as he carries his laser rifle.

He never shoots. EVER. So I decide to see if my scamming suspicions were right and fire 10 shots. He's still slightly behind me and he's still not shooting.

So i decide to go all the way and I kill an Exo young to see how he will react. Animal dies, he still hasn't shot a single round, we get the loot and its devided 50-50%. Great work chap, you just got yourself a free 0.09 pec loot.:laugh:

So now I would expect this guy to run away or something. Nope. He's still waiting there, hoping for me to kill something else for him.

Its a crappy scam, wont get him far either. I hardly think he'll be getting globals that way!

Just thought I'd add my two cents and a gum.

I'll be looking for him again in the coming days, I'll try to remember his user name too.

He never shoots. EVER. So I decide to see if my scamming suspicions were right and fire 10 shots. He's still slightly behind me and he's still not shooting.
So i decide to go all the way and I kill an Exo young to see how he will react. Animal dies, he still hasn't shot a single round, we get the loot and its devided 50-50%. Great work chap, you just got yourself a free 0.09 pec loot.:laugh:

So... why u argee to use such team setting? :scratch2: Always share loot by dmg. done!!!
(50/50 setting i use only when in teamhunt with my disciple and i know that such kind of teamwork is not eco to me... but in this case - eco is not purpose.)

So... why u argee to use such team setting? :scratch2: Always share loot by dmg. done!!!
(50/50 setting i use only when in teamhunt with my disciple and i know that such kind of teamwork is not eco to me... but in this case - eco is not purpose.)

Never been scammed before and at the time I thought "Lets see what this guy wants to do".

Its an experience some people with 3 day life on EU wont want to try.

I accepted as a sort of experimentation :D

Never been scammed before and at the time I thought "Lets see what this guy wants to do".

Its an experience some people with 3 day life on EU wont want to try.

I accepted as a sort of experimentation :D

Oh well. I guess he hoped you wouldent notice he had loot or something alike that. Anyhow we are down in amounts that its kinda funny.

Oh well maybe he managed to scrabe enough pec together to go get a beer afterwards on the Twins bar ;).

In those leech-scammer cases, best thing to do is go to some remote place (like pvp1) and make sure the revive is the terminal North of there

Never coming back muahaha

In those leech-scammer cases, best thing to do is go to some remote place (like pvp1) and make sure the revive is the terminal North of there

Never coming back muahaha

/me likes this idea :we need an evil grin smiley:

Wrong Answer, Wrong Question

12488-scam.jpg

Sorry, I didn’t realize up to now that there is a no naming policy. I had to edit the screenshot a little.

Last edited:
Scammers and non scammers

This thread is of great use, but it also can make it hard for us traders... or perferably me, lol who doesnt really have the ped or irl money to depo to trade with, and say wut u want, but i have played the game for bout 1.5 years, and have ran into many of these scams, but I, being a trader, have worked for a few people, crafters and hunters and ect, have came in contact with many suppliers of things, and so in return i have many contacts for trading.
The one set back i have, is i cant personally trade them, so its hard for me to actually trade, and i have at times, asked to borrow money from peeps to afford the trading, or asked for investments, and then while reading this, i see alot of wut i do, is seen as scams, which is sad... but i have no other way of making any money in this game, i cant depo atm, just starting a job and am saving up for college, so money is scarce as it is, let alone depositing into a online game.... So for those reading, there are those out there that may seem like scammers but are true honest people, but idk how much this will affect anything said in this thread....

Btw, + rep for this thread, it does help in exposing many scams, and has been a help to me :)

I completely disagree with your logic. I think you have deluded yourself. Feel bad for a scammer? I think not! Whether they themselves were scammed (doubtful) or not, it's wrong. They are taking advantage of ignorance.

no sympathy here for a scammer, had a few try but no success from me and i have no problem making it very public when one trys some of the scams that i have seen, seems that most scammers when they are confronted in open chat tend to leave in a big hurry, the key is to not leave rest even after they leave. Make sure everyone in the area is aware of the scam, word spreads quick in EU

wow thanks for this anti scamming post it will help me not get scammed... again... lol :D

+rep, nice thread!

did not have time to read all of them.

my fav is the deciple "please i need" scam

they ask for cloths and what not in return they will deposit and what not, get you to trust them and all they want is nooby items. but they will not pay them back infact. the last time it happend to me i gave a gun and i think a crappy shirt and the fem avy dropped me as a mentor and took the loot.

its funny but i find these people no better than worthless.

it sucks because its a double edged sword, you cant black name them on the forums, and you cant harass them on EU. they can report YOU. :rolleyes:

ah, the special place in hell for scammers.

I'm not sure if this one has been posted about already, but anyway, here goes...
I recently found a scammers trying to get sweat real cheap...
I was in PA, and did an advert like this:
Selling 1k Sweat .4 @boxes
Anyone who saw it would know what I mean. But a guy in real nice armour and a cool gun approached me, asked to see the sweat and then put 40pec in the trade window and costantly told me to accept the deal. I knew this wasn't right so I cancelled the deal straight away. He then tried to get out of it by saying that my advert was at fault because it looked like all the sweat was .4!
Anyway, n00bs be warned of the sweat price scammers!

That's not scamming that's bad advertising on your part :)

First:
I also, if possible, like to keep this thread free of a philosophical masturbation of the question what is a scam?. Please start a new thread if you find this subject necessary to scrutinize.

So I'm also disobbaying this. :)

wobbleday:
Nope, GalacticLord was advertizing in a very usual way.
Most ppl advertize "Selling Muscle Oil 4k, 102%" or "Selling Pixie Arms (F) +1"
They rarely put in the actual price.
Some do, to be sure, but not many.

The "buyer" is a smuck.
Or at best, he doesn't know better.

Last edited:
OK, today I was buying Vivo T5 in PA. A girl approached (at least avatar and her name were female) and gave me Vivo for free. OK, i asked her does she need my healing service because I'm offering it now and that's the reason I'm buying Vivo, she replied It's ok, I can keep it, but she needs me to do something for her. Then she said she'll even pay me 10 PEDs for telling to her acquaintance what she wanted me to tell. Ok, it wasn't shady business till that point.

I agreed, but only because of my curiosity. Then she told me that guy will come to Fort Medusa and that i have to tell him I'll buy his boar armor for 7.5 k PEDs, respectively 7.2k PEDs, but he must give 300 PEDs to her before trade. OK, now I was aware where it all leads - a guy being ripped off, and I'm part of it. I told guy that he was gonna being robbed, and that he cancels that deal.

All I wanna say by this is, people be smart, don't fall for these kind of tricks (I mean the guy that should have sold that armor, not me. I would even get out with +10 PEDs)
And best of all, karma rewarded me. Actually guy that was saved 300 PEDs gave me ore amp for TT 14 PEDs.
I even offered that scam avatar to give her back her Vivo few times,and all I got was 'F*** you'.

I'm not sure if this one has been posted about already, but anyway, here goes...
Anyone who saw it would know what I mean. But a guy in real nice armour and a cool gun approached me, asked to see the sweat and then put 40pec in the trade window and costantly told me to accept the deal. I knew this wasn't right so I cancelled the deal straight away. He then tried to get out of it by saying that my advert was at fault because it looked like all the sweat was .4!

Legally, at least in my country, advertising is not a binding part of an agreement, but considered as an "invitation to come to an agreement".

Yup it was obvious what you really meant, but that wasn't what you were yelling. They were being all literal and a bit of a pain in the arse is all... but scammer? na! It is as reasonable to call them a scammer for trying to buy at that price, as it is reasonable to call you a scammer for advertising the price falsely... and I don't think you were being a scammer ;)

OK, today I was buying Vivo T5 in PA. A girl approached (at least avatar and her name were female) and gave me Vivo for free. OK, i asked her does she need my healing service because I'm offering it now and that's the reason I'm buying Vivo, she replied It's ok, I can keep it, but she needs me to do something for her. Then she said she'll even pay me 10 PEDs for telling to her acquaintance what she wanted me to tell. Ok, it wasn't shady business till that point.

I agreed, but only because of my curiosity. Then she told me that guy will come to Fort Medusa and that i have to tell him I'll buy his boar armor for 7.5 k PEDs, respectively 7.2k PEDs, but he must give 300 PEDs to her before trade. OK, now I was aware where it all leads - a guy being ripped off, and I'm part of it. I told guy that he was gonna being robbed, and that he cancels that deal.

All I wanna say by this is, people be smart, don't fall for these kind of tricks (I mean the guy that should have sold that armor, not me. I would even get out with +10 PEDs)
And best of all, karma rewarded me. Actually guy that was saved 300 PEDs gave me ore amp for TT 14 PEDs.
I even offered that scam avatar to give her back her Vivo few times,and all I got was 'F*** you'.

You should submit a support case with the full avatar name for MA to investigate and probably lock the account to prevent further damage to the community and EU's reputation.

Back