The Mob Ladder - A guide to what mob to hunt next

Status
Bump - still looking for more suggestions before I re-edit this list.

Noobs should be aware that they should check what their armour protects against. Beginner armour, Pixie, Goblin and Gnome, do not protect against Stab or Penetration damage for instance, and that means that some mobs such as Merp are not as easy as their level implies.
Aggression is another factor which raises the difficulty of some mobs. Even if you can handle single mobs of a type, it can be difficult to survive Merps and Tantillions because you may get lots of them coming at you at once.

not entirely relevant to this thread but malcruentor, hispidus, miner bots and globsters can all be killed by anyone with a decent long range weapon...ie 100m +, no armour and no fap....and its a fun hunt too...lot of running and turning around involved tho, and usually a trek to find the next one u can do this with armax too...but they WILL catch you eventually :p

Just revisiting this thread.

I've made a few changes to the ladder based on comments from others, and I've added a paragraph about aggression in the explanation.

More comments always welcomed.

Last edited:
Great List! Printed this one out for easy reference when running around Calypso :) Thanks mate!

Great Post

:yay:This is some thing I was looking for as a ref. to hunt. One small suggestion. Could you also class a skill lvl of a char into each class. That should be helpful when I can move up to the next mobs

For example: I still consider a beginer and my hunting skill are

11. Riffle - 1650 point
10. Range laser hit
8.7. Range laser damage.

:scratch2:

:yay:This is some thing I was looking for as a ref. to hunt. One small suggestion. Could you also class a skill lvl of a char into each class. That should be helpful when I can move up to the next mobs

11. Riffle - 1650 point
10. Range laser hit
8.7. Range laser damage.

Are those the skills you have on opalo right? Then yes you are as green as salad.
If you unlock Markmanship (wouldn't take long anymore in your case) you would be beginner IMHO.
But since skills are nerfed and SIB limited crap fills the loots skills higher then 50 in profession standing aren't really important anymore.
Unless you want to hunt unlimited but after 7000 in a skill it seems to go slow as hell I've heard (I find it fucking slow at 4k already)

Are those the skills you have on opalo right? Then yes you are as green as salad.
If you unlock Markmanship (wouldn't take long anymore in your case) you would be beginner IMHO.
But since skills are nerfed and SIB limited crap fills the loots skills higher then 50 in profession standing aren't really important anymore.
Unless you want to hunt unlimited but after 7000 in a skill it seems to go slow as hell I've heard (I find it fucking slow at 4k already)

Well i don't want to see the speed of Alertness after 7k lol but combat skills like rifle and lwt still moves at a decent speed i'd say. It's slow but it's absolutely not impossible to get much further. U wont take 50 lvls in a day, (unless u have MM or something i don't know about that hehe) but u can easily take 10-15 rifle lvls per day with just some regular gun. Ofc 10-15 lvls / day requires a few hours in front of the screen though ;)

:ahh:

I'm actually max out the Breers M3a and using the Riker 2 (L) right now. I just like to know when I should consider move up to the Mobs scale. (I could kill the Axtrax young to old alone with out Fap) I also unlock the Markmanship 2 weeks ago.:)

Well i don't want to see the speed of Alertness after 7k lol but combat skills like rifle and lwt still moves at a decent speed i'd say. It's slow but it's absolutely not impossible to get much further. U wont take 50 lvls in a day, (unless u have MM or something i don't know about that hehe) but u can easily take 10-15 rifle lvls per day with just some regular gun. Ofc 10-15 lvls / day requires a few hours in front of the screen though ;)

Thanks for assuring me a little bit :)

disciple settings: full set of pixie or higher.. i would scrap that and change to better then pixie armour. Molisks are hard to kill for a new player in pixie, but in gnome they are doable. same goes for argo

I'm actually max out the Breers M3a and using the Riker 2 (L) right now. I just like to know when I should consider move up to the Mobs scale. (I could kill the Axtrax young to old alone with out Fap) I also unlock the Markmanship 2 weeks ago.:)

Now you can aim at unlocking Ranged Damage Assesment, but don't get your hopes up, it will take a while and looking at your skill progress every 5 minutes makes it seem even harder in my experience :duh:

11. Riffle - 1650 point
10. Range laser hit
8.7. Range laser damage.

It's hard to give a good answer to that because the skills and equipment all play a part. My best advice would be to try a few of the mobs that are in your 'next step' and see how you do against them.

The aim of the chart isn't really to tell you WHEN to move up, but to point you in the direction of the type of mobs you might want to look at when you think you may be ready.

I'm low lvl, w00t! :yay:
(tant powah ftw!)

Nice.

I especially like the grade levels. It beats the scale that only has noob and uber.

+rep

BTW - I'm a graduate almost ready for medium.

Grounder

for mobs im graduate but i guess i should be able to do medium :p since i have ghost + 5a, and amped korss400 :p

good ladder though ;)

Edited the position of Rippersnapper. I was hunting these last night and realised I'd put them too high up. I did have them higher due to the aggro/swarming effect, but having done a serious hunt on them for the first time, I realise that I overestimated that, as it's not too hard to get one or two at a time if you're careful.

While I'm at it, a tip for fishie hunting - anything other than first person free aim mode seems to make it virtually impossible to hit them, and if you have problems with sluggish graphics underwater (poor FPS), as I did, try selecting 'Disable shaders' and 'Reduced visual effects' in the client loader options.

Nice... looks like I'm medium.

:yay: since my last post i went from graduate/medium to medium/high, only some mob's on high tho...

Freddie

Nice list there Oleg, + Rep :)

Bit surprised to see I'm medium to high though!

An idea for you: Some might find it useful if you maybe link each mob to their thread in in the Bestiary section, maybe even someone could get it stickified in there??

An idea for you: Some might find it useful if you maybe link each mob to their thread in in the Bestiary section, maybe even someone could get it stickified in there??

Yes, that is a good idea, I'll work on that when I have some time.

Updated to add Kerberos into the Noob category. The small ones seem to be about the same difficulty as berys.

This might be helpful. The feature of entropedia chart fo mobs, alows u to list by threat. I find it useful. Click here

thanks

this is a great help i have been wondering where to goto now and this helps a lot:D

Last edited:
Nice post :)

but i find troopers are the same (sometimes easier) than most warriors, and when long ranged with a ff8000 they can fall down before they even attack me.

Just saying :)

Nice post :)

but i find troopers are the same (sometimes easier) than most warriors, and when long ranged with a ff8000 they can fall down before they even attack me.

Just saying :)

Agree with u there. They are very easy because of their low HP.

Errm I'd comment a bit.

While is true that starters should go for lower maturities, in some cases is impossible.

Let's pick calamusoids for example. Lowest maturity is outcast. Since they spawn in one place, nothing stops you from finding an outcast near a warlord.

And do try warlord in pixie+breerm2a.

Anyway, the estimation is optimistic enough as it is, pixie would be enough for outcast & bandit, guard already requires rascal if not ghost even.

Also ariving to their location in pixie is *impossible*

Disclaimer: i know that ?150 hp players could hunt them even naked, doh :p

Gokibusagi should also be took one level up.

Also, cornundacauda is *impossible* without full pixie and amped opalo.

Seems like I'm a Disciple forever, since I stuck with Argos and Feffs for more than half a year now and can't cope with, e.g., Itumatrox :)

I like your list, it's useful and fun. There is one reservation: The HP of the hunter plays a big role. Hunting Hogglo's in Ghost/5b (for example) is not a realistic option if you have 110 HP and an ML-35. Even a young will cause you so much fap- and armor decay that it cannot be classified as 'hunting'. So either get more HP (in which case you need to fap less), or get a bigger gun (which allows you to kill the mob quicker). Since the gun is not a factor in these comparisons, I took the ML as average (being optimistic there too), and HP is the remaining factor. And I know from experience: With little HP, it's not a realistic option in Ghost/5b.

Status
Back