The Mob Ladder - A guide to what mob to hunt next

Status
I am looking forward to get back into the game when I get my laptop to work. I have Grafix problem. It seems that my Intel GMA 950 lets me down.
This list is great, great, great.

I hope that you'll keep it updated in the new VU

+++ rep

:yay::yay::yay:

Cool post, thank you for it :)

Usefull

THNX :yay: this is Usefull !:wtg:

Great thread will be using it to try "missed" mobs that I haven't tried

Hi there,

Where would you clasify Kerberos???
:scratch2:

Updated to add Kerberos into the Noob category. The small ones seem to be about the same difficulty as berys.

I guess you missed this post, Thor :)

I wish this page was sticky so I wouldn't have to go find it all the time.... lol

Man i still want u too take them Troopers one step down, their low HP makes them very easy. Not nearly as strong as Scipulor, Sumima or other mobs in that category.

Scip young has MORE than 3 times the HP of Trooper 01 and it hit's harder and much faster.

Man i still want u too take them Troopers one step down, their low HP makes them very easy. Not nearly as strong as Scipulor, Sumima or other mobs in that category.

Scip young has MORE than 3 times the HP of Trooper 01 and it hit's harder and much faster.

But don't they hit really hard? I've never hunted Troopers and I'm not great with bots so I might be mistaken but if Warriors are in the right place, doesn't it make sense that Troopers should be the next step up?

Comparing them to Scipulors maybe isn't the best mob to choose - I'd say Scipulor is at the hard end of this category. How would they compare to some of the easier mobs in the category, e.g. Oculus or Formidon?

I should probably go hunt Troopers to find out...

I wish this page was sticky so I wouldn't have to go find it all the time.... lol

If you want it to be sticky you could PM a moderator to request it.

But don't they hit really hard? I've never hunted Troopers and I'm not great with bots so I might be mistaken but if Warriors are in the right place, doesn't it make sense that Troopers should be the next step up?

Comparing them to Scipulors maybe isn't the best mob to choose - I'd say Scipulor is at the hard end of this category. How would they compare to some of the easier mobs in the category, e.g. Oculus or Formidon?

I should probably go hunt Troopers to find out...

Troopers are easier than you think.

• lvl 12 dodge
  • Shogun+6As (Don't even need Vigi)
  • FF 8k (comparable to Bravo)
  • korss+A104
  • EK-2600

I can hunt them all day w/ only 2-3 faps per mob at worse.

They hit for about 45-50 on a bad hit, (not crit) but they don't hit that often or that bad. The trick is the long range attack. They s-l-o-w. (Which is a hint for how to hunt certain other mobs)

I really see no difference personally between warriors and troopers when I hunt them. I'd say Fjolla's right. They need to be in the "Medium" category, along w/ Warriors.

OK, since two of you think they should be moved, Troopers will be moved!

And I promise to myself that I'll shoot more bots.

OK, since two of you think they should be moved, Troopers will be moved!

And I promise to myself that I'll shoot more bots.

Great decision :D
I have never been hunting Troopers really, just come across them from time to time and they have never caused me any troubles even without armor.

The smaller gens have 4XX -5XX HP ... meaning ~10-12 shots with maddox 4 + beast.. they go down surprisingly fast ;)

Nice ladder, didn't see it until today, so I give it a little bump :)

Think I will log in now and grind some more medium mobs
:handgun::monkey::bull:

This is a very informative thread - accurate as well!!

Seems I am High-Level.... which I find very surprising indeed!

Good luck all

Great guide, It's helped me that's for sure :D

Attacker would come under one of the early ones, I think... Since they're easy to kill... But then they're in a PVP zone...

- Nightwolf

nice list ^^

I keep to beginner/noob mobs for now since I have a bit of a low budget ;) (non-depositor) but I have killed some bigger mobs before... I actually killed a Longu (young or mature it was) once using only shogun armor and an EWE EP-33 pistol, which is a little less than what you recommanded (and you are right, because it was close one for me, guess i was lucky lol) :D

yay iam medium and high :D :D

Little Birdies
Tiny non-aggressive birds that will die with a couple of shots. Not really recommended for hunting but it can be fun to wipe them out!

Chirpy
Fugabarba
Gibnib
Turp

Beginner
Beginning hunters should start with these mobs. An opalo should be enough to kill these without any armour or a FAP.

Daikiba
Exarosaur
Plumatergus
Pupugi
Sabakuma
Snablesnot Female
Snablesnot Male

Noob
These are a bit trickier but once you have a few skills they won't be difficult.

Berycled
Caudatergus
Combibo
Cornundacauda
Diripi
Igni
Kerberos
Merp
Prancer

Low Level
When you've got a few pieces of low-end armour, try some of these. A bigger gun or an amp would be good at this point.

Cornundos
Faucervix
Foul
Gradivore
Mourner
Rippersnapper
Snarksnot
Tantillion

Disciple
Now we're rolling, you've got a full set of pixie or better and a FAP and you're using something better than an unamped opalo.

Argonaut
Attacker
Calamusoid Female
Calamusoid Male
Drone
Equus
Estophyl
Feffoid
Hiryuu
Maffoid
Molisk
Morsusilex
Tripudion

Graduate
With something like Shogun or Rascal with plates and a FAP-50, try these. Watch out for special damage types.

Allophyl
Armax Cow
Atrax
Atrox
Bristlehog
Gokibusagi
Longu
Mermoth
Repesilex
Thorafoid
Thorofoid
Trilomite
Umbranoid Female
Umbranoid Male

Medium
You'll need at least Gremlin/Ghost/Vigi with 2a plates or similar, plus a fairly powerful gun before you can move up to these mobs.

Aetherex
Ambulimax
Armax Bull
Fungoid
Itumatrox
Kreltin
Miner Bot
Mulmun
Nexnecis
Scaboreas
Snarg
Tantardion
Tezlapod
Thorifoid
Thorio
Trooper
TskTsk
Warrior

High Level
Ghost+5b and a FAP-80 is a good indication of what you'll need to take these mobs (though several of them have special damage types).

Aurli
Caperon
Cersumon
Cornoanterion

Formicacida
Formidon
Hispidus
Hogglo
Kingfisher

Muluk-hir
Neconu
Oculus (NB - Oculus Mature is easier than Young)
Phasm
Scipulor
Sumima

Uber
These are the really hardcore mobs, you'll need some uber gear and good skills before you think about killing these.

Araneatrox
Chomper
Daspletor
Falxangius
Globster
Malcruentor
Mulaak'f
Osseocollum
Second Entity

--> If this was tied to the mob info as suggested, this would be a sticky post imo. +rep and hope to see it linked when you have time :)

--> If this was tied to the mob info as suggested, this would be a sticky post imo. +rep and hope to see it linked when you have time :)

Oops, thanks for reminding me about that, I'll see what I can do.

Links to Entropedia pages and Bestiary threads for each mob added.

It's easy to make mistakes in all that copying and pasting, so please let me know if you spot any incorrect links.

Thanks to Jimmy B for making this a Sticky :)

Just maybe a small indication for people.

I have Ghost +5B
EK2600
Adj M2722 + 104amp
103 HP (Yes THAT low)

and I can take down Hogglo Youngs without problems (Till they crit me 100+ ;))
I've been on quite a few solo hunts and they are ok.. sometimes if I'm lucky I can have 2 nagging on me at the same time but that's just asking for trouble ;)

In my view it is very simple and useless list because

- no hunt strategy is taked into account. Did you mean dreary tanking only ?
It will be different of mobs feeling between pistol/melee and rifle hunting.
Some mobs need for special remarks like Armax is so slow that you can run out from Young-Old and start to shoot them remotely.

- no maturity dependance. Just try to kill Molisk Leader after Young.
The same exercise ages ago bring me to make a hierarchical map of spawns.
Some kind is present in Entropedia, but neomap is more usefull.

In my view it is very simple and useless list because

- no hunt strategy is taked into account. Did you mean dreary tanking only ?
It will be different of mobs feeling between pistol/melee and rifle hunting.
Some mobs need for special remarks like Armax is so slow that you can run out from Young-Old and start to shoot them remotely.

- no maturity dependance. Just try to kill Molisk Leader after Young.
The same exercise ages ago bring me to make a hierarchical map of spawns.
Some kind is present in Entropedia, but neomap is more usefull.

Er yeah, well it depends on:

a) applying some intelligence
b) reading the post

Good list, it's helped me finalise the WoF 2008 moblists:)

I agree with the Trooper thing; they are way less danger than Warriors IMO... too slow to spoil your day.

I'd also move Goki's up one.... they hit hard.

Hurrikane

Status
Back