The Mob Ladder - A guide to what mob to hunt next

Status
Do you need to bump a sticky? :scratch2:

Yeap .. many ppl don't read all the forum sections or they don't bother to search ... they just pres "new posts" and that's all :D

Demonikos :)

Yeap .. many ppl don't read all the forum sections or they don't bother to search ... they just pres "new posts" and that's all :D

Demonikos :)

Good point - I'm one of those that just hits New Posts :)

I've killed me few malcruentors yesterday (they were standing on my claims, bad malcs bad) :p am I ubber ? no way. shoot/decoy/run tactics :laugh:. (that's to say they looted crap).

I think this list should use update by maturities/equipment/tactics. (but that was probably already said)

Good point - I'm one of those that just hits New Posts :)

LOL I normally go to PM's, answer those, then User CP, and answer those... then after about 2 hours of that I might go to New Posts:)

Hurrikane

I've killed me few malcruentors yesterday (they were standing on my claims, bad malcs bad) :p am I ubber ? no way. shoot/decoy/run tactics :laugh:. (that's to say they looted crap).

I think this list should use update by maturities/equipment/tactics. (but that was probably already said)

Read the thread :)

Esto, allo and ambu will probably have to be moved one step up after today. And when it comes to araneatrox, u can remove them from the list. Not even suprem, mod fap and 250+ hp will do it anymore.

Esto, allo and ambu will probably have to be moved one step up after today. And when it comes to araneatrox, u can remove them from the list. Not even suprem, mod fap and 250+ hp will do it anymore.

Maybe Araneatrox got bigger and harder to allow MA to introduce Spider Young, Adult and Old to the game without releasing an Eon(etc)-dropping mob that's only as hard as a Neconu?

Hurrikane

Maybe Araneatrox got bigger and harder to allow MA to introduce Spider Young, Adult and Old to the game without releasing an Eon(etc)-dropping mob that's only as hard as a Neconu?

Hurrikane

Possible.. i dunno. They can no longer be rev killed anyway. (which is a good thing though imo)

Possible.. i dunno. They can no longer be rev killed anyway. (which is a good thing though imo)

Oooo... is this because they heal quicker or because of more HP? Surely with enough people, any mob can be revive-killed?

Hurrikane

Oooo... is this because they heal quicker or because of more HP? Surely with enough people, any mob can be revive-killed?

Hurrikane

I'm not sure. Would be easier to find out if i didn't get CTD as soon as i enter my GC code :mad:

So ... They DID change their HP ? ... that SUCKS! :mad::mad::mad:

Like if Spiders are not tough enough FFS! :(

So plz MA take that 1 in front of the 450 HP of Ambulis Young .. it's insane :hammer:

Think now about ppl with Estophyl, Allophyl and Ambulimax LA :confused:

... i'm sure they'll lose a lot of thousands of $ just because mid players will not hunt em anymore , with so much HP :wise:

Just hope the HP increase it's only a bug :rolleyes:

I'll update the front page to note that ambus, estos and allos have changed and I'll move them after the dust settles and we've decided where they belong. I haven't hunted any of them yet myself but I will give them a go soon.

The fast regeneration rate, from what I've heard, is going to make it tricky to categorise them. It's almost like they are a different class of mob now. Damage/sec will make a much bigger difference than previously.

I'll update the front page to note that ambus, estos and allos have changed and I'll move them after the dust settles and we've decided where they belong. I haven't hunted any of them yet myself but I will give them a go soon.

The fast regeneration rate, from what I've heard, is going to make it tricky to categorise them. It's almost like they are a different class of mob now. Damage/sec will make a much bigger difference than previously.

It takes relatively long time to bring an Ambu young down with MKV..
However they are still _easy_ since the dmg is still the same but the cost of bringing them down has greatly increased. It's not actually more difficult but it's definitely more expensive and having an armor that takes away most of the dmg is now very important against these mobs, since everytime u have to use the FAP, the mob will regenerate more health, and they regen fast!

It takes relatively long time to bring an Ambu young down with MKV..
However they are still _easy_ since the dmg is still the same but the cost of bringing them down has greatly increased. It's not actually more difficult but it's definitely more expensive and having an armor that takes away most of the dmg is now very important against these mobs, since everytime u have to use the FAP, the mob will regenerate more health, and they regen fast!

Makes sense. It still must make it harder overall though. If you're someone who is only just able to hunt ambu young (with only an occasional death) then you're still going to be able to take it, but the deaths are going to be a bit more frequent since it will take longer to take down the mob.

So I guess they won't go up more than one level each, and perhaps not at all.

great list wish i'd seen this before + rep for your efforts :D

Makes sense. It still must make it harder overall though. If you're someone who is only just able to hunt ambu young (with only an occasional death) then you're still going to be able to take it, but the deaths are going to be a bit more frequent since it will take longer to take down the mob.

So I guess they won't go up more than one level each, and perhaps not at all.

Well the problem is, if u die at all, the mob will regen much, maybe even reach full HP before u have teleported back. So the time of rev-killing is gone hehe

Well the problem is, if u die at all, the mob will regen much, maybe even reach full HP before u have teleported back. So the time of rev-killing is gone hehe

Lets hope the time of people posting on this thread to say that the spiders should be moved down because they can be revive killed is gone too :)

Lets hope the time of people posting on this thread to say that the spiders should be moved down because they can be revive killed is gone too :)

Hehe yeah i dont think we will see more revive kills on them :)

I've added a caveat on CP mobs too due to the changes there.

Very nice post i'll like to this from our SOC forum later tonight.

Even with Ghost, that has better Impact than Electric, esto do a lot more damage and allo. And esto seem to have more health. So I'd recomment switching the places of Estophyl and Allophyl.

Allos are higher in the list because they do electric damage. Most people don't have any electric protection till later on. Try an allo young and an esto young in goblin+1a and you'll find the esto is easier.

You are right, however, that estophyl have more health, and their new fast regeneration will be faster than the allos now because of this, so it may be that estos should be bumped up a level while allos remain the same.

Kreltin (Bestiary, Entropedia) UNDER REVIEW DUE TO CHANGE IN VU 9.2

These can still be hunted in a small group (3 or 4) with an amped Korss H400 wearing Goblin and 2C plates. It's great fun, and tends to pay out fairly well! Just make sure you have one person dedicated to FAPing, so you can keep some decent DPS on the mob :)

nice thread good to see all the mob you can hunt. With this i will try hunt more mob that i thought to hard for me.:yay:

After some time for the effects of the VU to sink in, I've decided to leave the changed mobs where they were, with the exception of Estophyl, which I've moved up a level. It was arguably too low anyway, and the regeneration change clearly makes it a bit harder.

I haven't been up to CP recently but from what I've heard, the aliens aren't significantly more difficult than they were before. Anyone want to confirm or deny that here?

I'm going up to CP tomorrow, so I can get some notes on the beasties then:D

They hit fast now and regen fast now
I have taken up to 5 criticals in 1 mob
Mostly due to mobs do more criticals now
So i would say from how they used to be and how they are now is a big change

Status
Back