The Mob Ladder - A guide to what mob to hunt next

Status
I've noticed that you have malcruentors under "uber," yet just today I solo'd a few of them w/o armor and lr41(L)+e15 as a weapon... they walk veeeeeeery slowly ;)

I've noticed that you have malcruentors under "uber," yet just today I solo'd a few of them w/o armor and lr41(L)+e15 as a weapon... they walk veeeeeeery slowly ;)

He means fighting them toe to toe. Any noob used to be able to trap spider stalkers. I think krelts needs to be moved :S

Bump for anyone who hasn't seen this :)

yes very nice guide :) +rep for that :D

The Best Low Level Mob For Items w/ Markup

sorry bad post

Last edited:
I am one set of 5Bs away from high level... can I has ub3r H0F so 1 can b3 sup3r c00l 2?

If this list were to continue, I would suggest these changes, based upon my experiecnes with the stalker/gen 10's and expense to kill each mob

Level N-3 Adequate Preparation of equipment before hand required to take on Stalker level.
Aetherex (Bestiary Entropedia)
Armax Bull (Bestiary, Entropedia)
Fungoid (Bestiary, Entropedia)
Itumatrox (Bestiary, Entropedia)
Miner Bot (Bestiary, Entropedia)
Mulmun (Bestiary, Entropedia)
Nexnecis (Bestiary, Entropedia)
Snarg (Bestiary, Entropedia)
Tantardion (Bestiary, Entropedia)
Tezlapod (Bestiary, Entropedia)
TskTsk (Bestiary, Entropedia)

Level N-2
Ambulimax (Bestiary, Entropedia)
Scaboreas (Bestiary, Entropedia)
Thorifoid (Bestiary, Entropedia)
Thorio (Bestiary, Entropedia)
Warrior (Bestiary, Entropedia)
Sumima (Bestiary, Entropedia)
Oculus (Bestiary, Entropedia)
Formicacida (Bestiary, Entropedia)
Formidon (Bestiary, Entropedia)
Muluk-hir (Bestiary, Entropedia)
Neconu (Bestiary, Entropedia)
Trooper (Bestiary, Entropedia)

Level N-1 Alpha level and above of these mobs are too tough for midlevels to camp.
Aurli (Bestiary, Entropedia)
Cersumon (Bestiary, Entropedia)
Cornoanterion (Bestiary, Entropedia)
Hispidus (Bestiary, Entropedia)
Hogglo (Bestiary, Entropedia)
Kingfisher (Bestiary, Entropedia)
Kreltin (Bestiary, Entropedia)
Phasm (Bestiary, Entropedia)
Scipulor (Bestiary, Entropedia)
Mulaak'f (Bestiary, Entropedia)

Level N Where Youngs hit 60+ through armor. And often.
Caperon (Bestiary, Entropedia)
Chomper (Bestiary, Entropedia)
Daspletor
Falxangius (Bestiary, Entropedia)
Globster (Bestiary, Entropedia)
Malcruentor (Bestiary, Entropedia)
Osseocollum (Bestiary, Entropedia)
Second Entity (Bestiary, Entropedia)
Araneatrox (Bestiary, Entropedia)

If this list were to continue, I would suggest these changes, based upon my experiecnes with the stalker/gen 10's and expense to kill each mob

This guide has nothing to do with Stalkers or cost though.

What would be nice is a variation of this for teams. För example, what should a team of 2, 3 or 4 "disciples" go for?

I believe you need to change this chart a bit since Atrox and Ambu can be quite tricky in Rascal +2A Mate :)

Not really. The maximum hit from an Ambu Young in Rascal+2a is 25 and Atrox Young would be 20.

Not really. The maximum hit from an Ambu Young in Rascal+2a is 25 and Atrox Young would be 20.

Well I couldn't believe it but according to entropiawiki.com you are right. Rascal+5As is actually quite perfect for Ambus even up to Old (30.2 dmg avarage). The only thing is that you would need at least Korss H400 (L) or Isis HL6 (L) to hunt them efficiently and that means you'll need A104 or better to get the best Eco out of these guns. And that's already quite an expense since A104 costs +450 now and A105 +2500...not to mention A106 +8500 :D

and feffoids and maffoids? shouldn't they be upped a bit?

one level higher then disciple?

(i wouldn't hunt those in plain pixie with a fap with something a bit better then opalo tbh)

(i wouldn't hunt those in plain pixie with a fap with something a bit better then opalo tbh)

Actually Feffoids are not that though. Pixie + 2A will keep you protected up to Warrior (avarage 19.2 dmg). That's of course if you want to still keep fap-ing and get Medical skills. Otherwise get a Kobold Armor and go on :)

yes!! I just passed little birds :D
and now Im on Beginner 8)
Daikiba's!! :D

xD Joke

The thing with the faster regeneration is that it doesn't make the mobs any harder, just more expensive to kill. I wouldn't hunt with them with Opalo either, but with Opalo+101 you could easily take down a Maffoid Outcast - it would just take absolutely ages.

Aurli & Kreltin are something of an exception - I think the faster regeneration does make it more difficult in Dome 1 for someone with lower skills due to the aggro of the mobs and their fast hit rate. Those problems are increased when it takes you longer to kill the mob. I think I moved Aurli up one level because of this, and possibly Kreltins too (can't remember exactly what I did).

I vote Caperon for highest category. I can stand infront of and kill low maturity versions all the other ones in 'high level', but I don't think I can outfap Caperon Young yet (I'll try next time on CND).

I can't survive a solo battle with any of the Uber ones yet, except for SEG very occasionally (and spider young I could do I think, if they existed).

I vote Caperon for highest category. I can stand infront of and kill low maturity versions all the other ones in 'high level', but I don't think I can outfap Caperon Young yet (I'll try next time on CND).

I can't survive a solo battle with any of the Uber ones yet, except for SEG very occasionally (and spider young I could do I think, if they existed).

I actually just tested myself against Caperon at CND a couple of weeks ago. With Grem+5b and a lot of EK-2600 I managed to kill a Young without dying, but it took a while and was expensive. Certainly not a good mob for me to hunt yet.

I agree that Caperon is probably the hardest of those 'high' mobs, and if moved up it would probably be the easiest of the 'uber' mobs, so overall I think either option would be appropriate.

You can try Caperon on land too.
Search around Solfais :)

I actually just tested myself against Caperon at CND a couple of weeks ago. With Grem+5b and a lot of EK-2600 I managed to kill a Young without dying, but it took a while and was expensive. Certainly not a good mob for me to hunt yet.

I agree that Caperon is probably the hardest of those 'high' mobs, and if moved up it would probably be the easiest of the 'uber' mobs, so overall I think either option would be appropriate.

Ah, OK, I didn't expect it to be possible for me to outfap and kill a Young. Haven't tried though, so that goes on to my to do list :D

You can try Caperon on land too.
Search around Solfais :)

Yeah that's the source of my mistake. The Caperons at Solfais are mostly around Provider type maturity. I can't survive them, but then I can't survive a Hogglo Provider either but Hogglo Young is relatively easy.

The thing with the faster regeneration is that it doesn't make the mobs any harder, just more expensive to kill. I wouldn't hunt with them with Opalo either, but with Opalo+101 you could easily take down a Maffoid Outcast - it would just take absolutely ages.

Aurli & Kreltin are something of an exception - I think the faster regeneration does make it more difficult in Dome 1 for someone with lower skills due to the aggro of the mobs and their fast hit rate. Those problems are increased when it takes you longer to kill the mob. I think I moved Aurli up one level because of this, and possibly Kreltins too (can't remember exactly what I did).

I don't think anyone would hunt Feffs or Maffs with an opalo in pixie, though. Firstly because a Maff Outcast (650 HP) regenerates 6,5 HP/sec. An Opalo+A101 combo has an average dmg of 5,3 DMG/sec. In a team it would be doable, but you're just not going to be killing any by yourself. Even a Feff Outcast (550 HP) is, theoretically, impossible to kill at 5,5 HP/sec. But I think Maffoid can stay in the cathegory as the discription does say "or something better" (m2a+A102 has enough firepower to take down either, yet slowly still). Feffoids, with their cold dmg, should be moved, though. The step from full pixie to full kobold is quite long imho and you will spend so much time healing, if your healing can even keep up, that the Feff will regenerate all the HP it lost running up to you. (Both Maffs and Feffs are likly to aggro you too, but I don't know how much you factor that.)

As for Gokibusagi - did you drop it into Graduate by mistake? :silly2: Medium mob for sure, the max dmg is more then double in Rascal+4A then allo, esto, maff, feff, trox and trax.. and with just a FAP-50 you're going to have trouble.

Finally I think the FAP-80 should be dropped to Medium level, and "At least EK2600" be put into the high level area. :)

I don't think anyone would hunt Feffs or Maffs with an opalo in pixie, though. Firstly because a Maff Outcast (650 HP) regenerates 6,5 HP/sec. An Opalo+A101 combo has an average dmg of 5,3 DMG/sec. In a team it would be doable, but you're just not going to be killing any by yourself. Even a Feff Outcast (550 HP) is, theoretically, impossible to kill at 5,5 HP/sec. But I think Maffoid can stay in the cathegory as the discription does say "or something better" (m2a+A102 has enough firepower to take down either, yet slowly still). Feffoids, with their cold dmg, should be moved, though. The step from full pixie to full kobold is quite long imho and you will spend so much time healing, if your healing can even keep up, that the Feff will regenerate all the HP it lost running up to you. (Both Maffs and Feffs are likly to aggro you too, but I don't know how much you factor that.)

Yeah, you might have a point - I suppose this is a case where although for a better skilled/equipped avatar the fast regeneration doesn't make the mob harder, it does make it more difficult for someone newer, in combination with the cold damage.

I think I will probably move Feffs up - but I'll mull it over for a little while first and see if anyone else has any comments on it.

As for Gokibusagi - did you drop it into Graduate by mistake? :silly2: Medium mob for sure, the max dmg is more then double in Rascal+4A then allo, esto, maff, feff, trox and trax.. and with just a FAP-50 you're going to have trouble.

Rascal isn't very good for Gokis though, because they don't do Impact. Shogun+1a does the job easily for a Young, and they have low HP. I think Goki is in the right place, but it's one of those where you have to have something with the right type of protection. I'd say the same thing for Trilomite, also in the Graduate category.

Finally I think the FAP-80 should be dropped to Medium level, and "At least EK2600" be put into the high level area. :)

I know that some (maybe half) of those mobs are OK with a FAP-80 because I've done it myself (I only got a 2600 a couple of months back). But certainly some of them would be a major struggle without the 2600.

I've amended the text to suggest an upgrade for the higher end mobs in those two categories.

Thanks and +rep for your contribution :)

Yeah that's the source of my mistake. The Caperons at Solfais are mostly around Provider type maturity. I can't survive them, but then I can't survive a Hogglo Provider either but Hogglo Young is relatively easy.
Lowest maturity of that spawn is on the coast littering exploit hill, just north of the LA. fyi, they are outfappable with eki-2600. As hard as chomper in fappability (start missing with some regularity ~level 25, however get very long streaks of hits only). Ofc exploit hill allows you to kill up to provider with a relatively good LR before they will ever reach you. Even then you can just revive kill :). You can also outrun the small ones w/bravo killing (like malc/oss/glob youn all those mobs that hit almost everytime and hard :) )

Lowest maturity of that spawn is on the coast littering exploit hill, just north of the LA. fyi, they are outfappable with eki-2600. As hard as chomper in fappability (start missing with some regularity ~level 25, however get very long streaks of hits only). Ofc exploit hill allows you to kill up to provider with a relatively good LR before they will ever reach you. Even then you can just revive kill :).

I'm still not convinced I can outfap em. And Chomper I really can't come close to outfapping.

(like malc/oss/glob youn all those mobs that hit almost everytime and hard :) )

Ah shh, I can kill all them without dying with my secret ways :D

Status
Back