The Mob Ladder - A guide to what mob to hunt next

Status
Yeah, you might have a point - I suppose this is a case where although for a better skilled/equipped avatar the fast regeneration doesn't make the mob harder, it does make it more difficult for someone newer, in combination with the cold damage.

I think I will probably move Feffs up - but I'll mull it over for a little while first and see if anyone else has any comments on it.

I definitely think the changes to certain mobs requires them to be "promoted" as they are certainly more "challenging" now.

Feffoid / Maffoid to Graduate definitely (especially as I cant kill them with a Riker UL2 any longer). Not disciple material :(

Atrox / Allophyl / Estophyl in Graduate should mention they have a fast regeneration. In fact it may be worth putting all the regenerating mobs in red or something like that. ;)

I definitely think the changes to certain mobs requires them to be "promoted" as they are certainly more "challenging" now.

Feffoid / Maffoid to Graduate definitely (especially as I cant kill them with a Riker UL2 any longer). Not disciple material :(

Atrox / Allophyl / Estophyl in Graduate should mention they have a fast regeneration. In fact it may be worth putting all the regenerating mobs in red or something like that. ;)

I've moved Feffoid up. Maffoids have a pretty weak attack, and although they take longer I don't think the high regeneration makes them harder.

I'm not sure about identifying fast regen mobs in the list, because if I do that then I should also add notes to mobs with fast attacks, electric damage, etc etc. The idea of the list is to keep it very simple. The Bestiary & Wiki links are there for more detailed info.

Maffoids have a pretty weak attack, and although they take longer I don't think the high regeneration makes them harder.

Then you've not encountered Clan Warlords. If i have difficulty with a Level 10 mob(and by difficult it means i have to fap. at all), I would definitely assume a noob can't take the small versions. Part of my original suggestion revolved around the fact that the list is lacking, I am curious as to why you don't listen to those with the experience i.e. Mega

Heck atrox should be moved even further anything less than 80 dmg/sec for a noob is pure pedburning insanity. I won't even touch small aurli and kreltin anymore yet you still advise noobs to hunt them. Why?

Then you've not encountered Clan Warlords. If i have difficulty with a Level 10 mob(and by difficult it means i have to fap. at all), I would definitely assume a noob can't take the small versions. Part of my original suggestion revolved around the fact that the list is lacking, I am curious as to why you don't listen to those with the experience i.e. Mega

Heck atrox should be moved even further anything less than 80 dmg/sec for a noob is pure pedburning insanity. I won't even touch small aurli and kreltin anymore yet you still advise noobs to hunt them. Why?

Are you ever going to read the first post? This is about the lowest maturities, not Clan Warlords :rolleyes:

I'm happy to take on board comments that are relevant to the concept of the thread.

Are you ever going to read the first post? This is about the lowest maturities, not Clan Warlords :rolleyes:

I'm happy to take on board comments that are relevant to the concept of the thread.

Once again, hunting Level 10 mobs for me is comparative to a noob hunting Level1's.

This:

Graduate
With something like Shogun or Rascal with plates and a FAP-50, try these. Watch out for special damage types.
Atrox (Bestiary, Entropedia)

Is ridiculous.

I've moved Feffoid up. Maffoids have a pretty weak attack, and although they take longer I don't think the high regeneration makes them harder.

I'm not sure about identifying fast regen mobs in the list, because if I do that then I should also add notes to mobs with fast attacks, electric damage, etc etc. The idea of the list is to keep it very simple. The Bestiary & Wiki links are there for more detailed info.

I suppose it depends on your weapon. With the high regen mobs you need a high dmg/sec weapon whereas before you just had to keep blasting with any suitable weapon and it would die. That to my mind is different to needing a special armor but, its your list - I take your point.

I only mention this for the Breer / Riker etc rifle users like myself. The new regen mobs are off the menu except for Combibo. :(

I've had to adapt by switching mobs (from Feffoids and Maffoids in particular), but I am going to be really angry if I'm right about 2 of the next popular mobs to be made more "challenging"

I like how you conveniently ignored the relevant parts of my post to fortify a very shaky standpoint. Are you intentionally trying to get noobs to waste money by not correcting that list? Please, find me a level 15 weapon that graduate -as you state- could successfully use to take an atrox young with, and i'll stop posting helpful suggestions that would aid new players.

Otherwise just request this thread locked due to it not being maintained sufficiently :dunno:

I like how you conveniently ignored the relevant parts of my post to fortify a very shaky standpoint. Are you intentionally trying to get noobs to waste money by not correcting that list? Please, find me a level 15 weapon that graduate -as you state- could successfully use to take an atrox young with, and i'll stop posting helpful suggestions that would aid new players.

Otherwise just request this thread locked due to it not being maintained sufficiently :dunno:

Immortal, every thread I read you always try to prove that you are smarter than everyone, that only your calculations are correct, and that something everyone has proven wrong is right.

I can tell you right away that I was hunting small Trox in Rascal + 5A + H400 + A104 + FAP-50 and it isn't hard. All you need to do is try to avoid anything bigger than Guardian.

And why do you assume that you have to use lvl 15 gun?? (I might have missed that in posts)

Immortal, every thread I read you always try to prove that you are smarter than everyone, that only your calculations are correct, and that something everyone has proven wrong is right.

I've posted 100's of posts where I am wrong. I 've posted thousands where I am right. I display facts and other points of view. If I followed all olegs advice, or other pro-eco's, I wouldn't have the fap+evade i do now.

I can tell you right away that I was hunting small Trox in Rascal + 5A + H400 + A104 + FAP-50 and it isn't hard. All you need to do is try to avoid anything bigger than Guardian.

And why do you assume that you have to use lvl 15 gun?? (I might have missed that in posts)
They also have close to zero evade. Find me a noob who does well with the setup (we are talking someone with 10-20k skills tops) and I will accept the point. And by that i don't mean "they killed one". I mean "they killed many and died never".

Unless of course, you consider yourself a noob. Chip out your evade and try again. What's guardian to you is young-old to a noob. That's how the mob scale works. It would be like me telling you to go hunt neconu. I bet your evade isn't anywhere near enough what it needs to be. Getting hit everytime really screws up those kind of stats, and that is a large proponent that is missing from this list. Hence, my suggestions.

fyi, i can kill trox old with fox ME, or cb13. But why should I advise that to anyone? It's insane. Like telling people the next step up from warrior is *lol* caperon.

Unlike some people, I speak from experience, not from looking at numbers and spreading misinformation.

Well I understand your point but as we talk about Graduate hunters not noobs we speak about people who have probably arround 1,5k+ Evade and 3k+ Handgun or Rifle in my opinion. It really would be insane to dress up in Angel, buy Isis HL-11 and go hunt Hogglo with only 500 Evade and 1k Handgun. But I understand we speak of Graduate hunters who by the time they get to graduate have arround 40-60k skills and as I said before arround 2k Evade and arround lvl 23-30 Laser Pistoleer (Hit) or other.

Why would someone go hunt any of the mobs in Graduate lvl in Rascal +5A with lower skills?? They would be in lower class.

This post is writen for inteligent people not noobs who think that they have burned 1k PEDs of ammo on Argos or Berycled and they are Graduate.

So let's treat it as a thread for intelligent people and not for crazy ones :)

Unlike some people, I speak from experience, not from looking at numbers and spreading misinformation.

As I understand it, you've chipped a great deal of your skills and have been playing for less than a year. I, on the other hand, have skilled naturally over 2 years to Level 44 and 100k skills. The Mob Ladder exists primarily because I have travelled the path myself, and 90% of it comes from my own personal experience.

JohnnyBravo is correct. You're the biggest know-nothing know-it-all on this forum. I admire your enthusiasm but almost every piece of advice and info I have seen you give out on EF is wrong. Admittedly you're getting a little bit better these days as you actually gather some genuine knowledge, probably only 70% of what you write is complete nonsense these days.

Here, you have missed the point completely. If you want to make a 'Guide to which Stalker mob Immortal can hunt next' thread, go ahead. Just please stop trolling this thread with your idiotic, irrevelant comments.

Last edited:
As I understand it, you've chipped a great deal of your skills and have been playing for less than a year. I, on the other hand, have skilled naturally over 2 years to Level 44 and 100k skills. The Mob Ladder exists primarily because I have travelled the path myself, and 90% of it comes from my own personal experience.

JohnnyBravo is correct. You're the biggest know-nothing know-it-all on this forum. I admire your enthusiasm but almost every piece of advice and info I have seen you give out on EF is wrong. Admittedly you're getting a little bit better these days as you actually gather some genuine knowledge, probably only 70% of what you write is complete nonsense these days.

Here, you have missed the point completely. If you want to make a 'Guide to which Stalker mob Immortal can hunt next' thread, go ahead. Just please stop trolling this thread with your idiotic, irrevelant comments.
Lollll to put you straight, i chipped 5% total volume of 172k skills so far thanks very much.

Entropia tracker only misses a third of my globals, whats your excuse?

Agility doesn't lie, Oleg.

I'll let you have your way with your thread. For noobs.

But please, don't insult real players, by suggesting caperon are the same relative difficulty as phasm. Maybe if you ever hunted them, you'd know.

*unsubscribes*

Last edited:
Lollll to put you straight, i chipped 5% total volume of 172k skills so far thanks very much.

Fair enough, apologies for my misrepresentation.

Are you suggesting that because you get more globals than me, you know more about the game? :scratch2: That's clearly ludicrous, and frankly I find that attitude rather pitiful.

Agility doesn't lie, Oleg.

I know, I have plenty of it.

I'll let you have your way with your thread. For noobs.

Wow, you finally got it, it IS a thread for noobs (primarily, though not exclusively).

But please, don't insult real players, by suggesting caperon are the same relative difficulty as phasm. Maybe if you ever hunted them, you'd know.

I have, and I addressed this earlier. Only an idiot would interpret the post as suggesting that all mobs in a category are exactly the same difficulty. Araneatrox are harder than Chompers, too. They still belong in the same category, otherwise the list would be a sprawling mess. The whole point is to keep it simple.

*unsubscribes*

:yay:

Last edited:
I have to agree that trox should be a bit higher up the ladder. The thing with them is they have a huge regeneration, are aggro and normall live in dense spawn.
So chances are you get more than one of them on you. And since they have so much regeneration you don't want to be fapping on them. I think most people of that level have a very hard time coming close to breaking even on them.

Also, muluk-hir ghost + 5b? I can just handle big mulmuns with that setup, muluk-hirs are really a step up. Mind you that they hit faster(50%?) than 'normal' mobs and do impact only.

Last edited:
I have to agree that trox should be a bit higher up the ladder. The thing with them is they have a huge regeneration, are aggro and normall live in dense spawn.
So chances are you get more than one of them on you. And since they have so much regeneration you don't want to be fapping on them. I think most people of that level have a very hard time coming close to breaking even on them.

Yeah, high aggro can be a problem. There are lots of places to find less dense spawns though. It's only on the LAs that it gets dense, and at Ithaca to a lesser extent.

South of Zychion, north of Sakura, or in much of the general wilderness there are plenty of lone Atrox to hunt.

Also, muluk-hir ghost + 5b? I can just handle big mulmuns with that setup, muluk-hirs are really a step up (or you have a very nice gun with good range, but it say it's in the same league as phams and osseos). Mind you that they hit faster(50%?) than 'normal' mobs.

I've never hunted Muluk-hir so I may have this one completely wrong. It is where it is on the list because of comments from others in this thread. Anyone else have more thoughts on this?

Ghost+5b is only an 'indication', not a panacea, so don't get too hung up on that :)

Not quite sure why this thread has got so heated :laugh:

There's always going to be some debate about which particular category the mobs fit into, and the fast regeneration makes it even trickier. Largely prior to that the list was aimed at which mobs you can survive at low maturity at various points along the skill progression. Shogun+plates+fap50 is quite sufficient for anyone to survive a trox young. The regen issue doesn't change that but yes there's an issue beyond just survival now.

Following the discussion I went and tried some Caperons. With Serum+5B vs Caperon and skills similar to yours, Caperon Youngs were pretty easy to kill actually and I could just about outfap up to Old. Phasm Young is also fairly easy, but Phasm Old vs Ghost/Serum+5B will kill me almost every time.

I was a bit surprised, but after trying them out I agree with Oleg's classification there. I can kill fairly comfortably a Young of all the High Level mobs. With the exception of Malcruentor which I haven't tried to outfap so I don't know, and Spider Young which doesn't really exist, all the Uber level Youngs I can't outfap.

Please, find me a level 15 weapon that graduate -as you state- could successfully use to take an atrox young with

H400 kills a trox young no problem.

Thread isn't really about economy issues, its about what you can and can't kill.

Last edited:
I've never hunted Muluk-hir so I may have this one completely wrong. It is where it is on the list because of comments from others in this thread. Anyone else have more thoughts on this?

Ghost+5b is only an 'indication', not a panacea, so don't get too hung up on that :)

Yeah well maybe you should make another level. Like chompers are so much easier than say spiders or daspletors. Muluk-hir isn't really in that class, but i say it's more difficult than most of the mobs in the high level class.
Also I think kingfishers and hisp are harder than most the the high level too.

Oh, and scrap the fap-80, I think emt 2600 is a must even for the lower ones.

Like chompers are so much easier than say spiders or daspletors.

Well, for low maturities I don't think that's really true. I think a spider young would be easier than a Chomper Young (at least pre-regen mod). Admittedly the lowest spider I've seen was an Old but even that I was able to give quite a good fight, and only died once before killing it. Not sure I can do that with a Chomper Young.

Hmmm, I think they are amongst the easiest mobs in that group lol.

hmmmm....Im having ghost 5b and a fap 2600 but i still can't do all mobs at medium lvl lol, i guess it depends what maturity you have in fron of you too.
anyway it ios a very good list and I like it that ppl spent time on doing these kinds of things to make it a bit easyer for others to choose what to do.

+ rep

Pink

Yeah well maybe you should make another level. Like chompers are so much easier than say spiders or daspletors. Muluk-hir isn't really in that class, but i say it's more difficult than most of the mobs in the high level class.

Maybe so, but again it comes down to that thing about not wanting to have too many small categories.

We pretty much agreed already that Caperon are the hardest of the High mobs, and there seems to be quite a strong opinion that Chompers are the easiest of the Uber mobs (my last Chomper experience was revive team-killing them once when I was a noob, so I don't really know, and Araneatrox Young is something of an unknown as Jimmy B says). No-one else has commented on Muluk-hir yet but you say that it's also an 'in-between' mob.

So perhaps there is a case for another level there. Possibly also including Hogglo? Or Sumima (I haven't seen a Sumima since being killed by one on the first day they arrived, so I don't know about that one either :))

I defintely disagree with that. I think Hispidus Young are one of the easiest in that category, and Kingfishers are pretty tough but easier than Hogglo or Scipulor, for example.

Oh, and scrap the fap-80, I think emt 2600 is a must even for the lower ones.

As I said earlier, I got through most of the High mobs with a FAP-80 so it's certainly passable at that level :)

No-one else has commented on Muluk-Hir yet but you say that it's also an 'in-between' mob.

I think the perception of Muluk-Hir is affected by its location in PvP4.

When scouting around PvP for WoF purposes I killed a low maturity Muluk-Hir from range before it hit me. Just standing still shooting it with M71A1 on level terrain.

That alone makes it not qualify for the top category for me.

Hogglo are one of the easiest in the list.

The thing that throws me off is you all compare youngs with each other, but they must be huntable. You can maybe find a spider old or with extreme luck a young one but most of the time they are bigger. So you can't really do hunts on them. Just as you can't really hunt muluk-hir outcasts. So you ask yourself, "I am going to hunt small XXX, how hard will that be".
And yeah i forgot there is a young Hisp LA now, they used to be big and those are hard.
Then spiders are really tough and are correctly placed.
Chompers i can solo with ghost+5b emt 2600 and p5a (be it uneco :D) so defo not uber level.

such a list is pretty hard to make, i tried myself with one based on dam per sec, but that starts to get complicated and not that easy to get through sometimes

hence, for young-old this list here should work and its quite easy to get the idea of what you could -try- with your equipment

well, they got all my spider globals :D

(was just a team named after me, i wasnt even part of, but still, finally i know i can solo spider prowler or so :D )
not saying that it is generally wrong, but saying there are other things to measure ppl on than on globals

Hogglo are one of the easiest in the list.

I really struggle to see how. Cersumon, Formicacida, Formidon, Hispidus, Neconu are all clearly easier imo, at least.

The thing that throws me off is you all compare youngs with each other, but they must be huntable.

Yeah fair point. Think we all agree spiders live in the top category anyway, at least until the much-desired spider young LA appears.

Muluk-Hir I've never really given a serious try so I can't say more than I've said already really.

And yeah i forgot there is a young Hisp LA now, they used to be big and those are hard.

I think the LA is Stalkers at the moment, but I'd imagine it'll revert back to Youngs sometime as I don't think there's enough people who can hunt the Stalkers to sustain it.

I don't personally think the Provider-Dom spawns elsewhere are tough enough to go into the top category anyway.

Chompers i can solo with ghost+5b emt 2600 and p5a (be it uneco :D) so defo not uber level.

Interesting, I had them in a 'don't bother trying' category in my mind. I'll go and try them later, I was wrong with Caperons so I'll compare with them.

I think the LA is Stalkers at the moment, but I'd imagine it'll revert back to Youngs sometime as I don't think there's enough people who can hunt the Stalkers to sustain it.

Deathifier unlocked the maturity a week or two back, so there will be smaller ones there again now. I don't know if they've reached Young yet but if not, they will soon.

Deathifier unlocked the maturity a week or two back, so there will be smaller ones there again now. I don't know if they've reached Young yet but if not, they will soon.

Guardian-alphas there today.

Guardian-alphas there today.

Ah, thanks guys. That's my evening planned out then :laugh:

Ah, thanks guys. That's my evening planned out then :laugh:

Hmm, I must have got a bit lucky when I last took on a few big hisp in blue zone lol.

I saw from Provider - Old Alpha in the LA. I died a lot :D I'll wait for it to drop to Old-Guardian I think.

Interesting, I had them in a 'don't bother trying' category in my mind. I'll go and try them later, I was wrong with Caperons so I'll compare with them.

Right, I gave this a go. I went with exactly the set up you said (I have Polaris+5B too, but Ghost may be better anyway, and Polaris you can kinda argue is uber equipment in any case).

I can confirm it is possible to kill them with this set up. The first one I tried didn't crit me and I killed it without dying. Fap went from 120 PED to 105.96 PED.

The second one I tried gave me 1 add dmg crit and 3 pen crits, killing me twice. Fap went from 105.96 PED to 92.19 PED.

Basically for me, Caperon Young is definitely noticeably easier than Chomper Young, my fap decay would be nowhere near that much on them.

If I was in a debating mood I might try and argue Second Entities as being easier than Chompers, but in any case, there's no doubt now in my mind that all the lowest findable maturities in Uber category are harder than all the lowest findable maturities in High Level category (for someone with mid-level equipment and skills).

If I was in a debating mood I might try and argue Second Entities as being easier than Chompers, but in any case, there's no doubt now in my mind that all the lowest findable maturities in Uber category are harder than all the lowest findable maturities in High Level category (for someone with mid-level equipment and skills).

Well sec ents have less health and with a good gun u can bring them down without getting hit at all (that does not happen with chomper).. but on the other hand, when sec ents do hit, they hit significantly harder in avg (still wearing ghost but with 6a's attached)
With high dps gun then yes maybe sec ents are easier but with a relatively low dps gun i'd say chompers are easier.
Give it a go, Ghost+6a, ek 2600 and a P5 and see if u manage to bring down a sec ent before it kills u :D

Status
Back