The Mob Ladder - A guide to what mob to hunt next

Status
Well sec ents have less health and with a good gun u can bring them down without getting hit at all (that does not happen with chomper).. but on the other hand, when sec ents do hit, they hit significantly harder in avg (still wearing ghost but with 6a's attached)
With high dps gun then yes maybe sec ents are easier but with a relatively low dps gun i'd say chompers are easier.
Give it a go, Ghost+6a, ek 2600 and a P5 and see if u manage to bring down a sec ent before it kills u :D

Yes, if you have high ranged dmg/sec you can take quite a bit off Segs. Also whilst Segs hit harder, they hit maybe under 30% of the time for me, whereas Chomps hit probably over 90% of the time. Also Chomps crit quite regularly. I'll probably die a bit more on a crazy SEG hunt than on a crazy Chomp hunt, but at the same time even with more tp'ing back the crazy SEG hunt will be way more economical.

And yes, I've killed two SEGS in Ghost+6a, P5a, 2600 without dying. I probably killed about 30 or 40 that day so its pretty rare but it is possible.

What do we think about the Eviscerator then?

From what I've been told, it's not all that hard, but the bots around it are a bit of a nightmare. Especially on VU day when there were tons of people aggroing mobs everywhere. I only got to see the new mob once before dying in a hail of robot fire :laugh:

Molisk, Cornundos and Caudas all have increased regeneration now but I don't think they need to be moved up.

What do we think about the Eviscerator then?

From what I've been told, it's not all that hard, but the bots around it are a bit of a nightmare. Especially on VU day when there were tons of people aggroing mobs everywhere. I only got to see the new mob once before dying in a hail of robot fire :laugh:

Molisk, Cornundos and Caudas all have increased regeneration now but I don't think they need to be moved up.

Not encountered new Molisk or Cauda yet. Certainly don't think Cornudos needs a change of classification though.

As to the Eviscerator, like you say - the main problem is where it spawns. On its own, I don't think it deserves anything more than the Medium classicfication.

Not encountered new Molisk or Cauda yet. Certainly don't think Cornudos needs a change of classification though.

As to the Eviscerator, like you say - the main problem is where it spawns. On its own, I don't think it deserves anything more than the Medium classicfication.

So a Gen 1 comparable to Ambu Young, perhaps?

I haven't tried the new Caudas yet either, but Cornundos and Molisk don't appear to be any harder. A Molisk Young still only regenerated once or possibly twice when I killed it with an S60. I can't imagine the Cauda being much different to that.

It's interesting that these newest high-regen mobs appear to be different to the previous ones, in that the regeneration has been increased but the max Health hasn't. It's a better way to do it, imo, as it prevents the problem with Ambus where they changed overnight to taking 3 times as long to kill without actually being more difficult, making them very boring to hunt, for me.

So a Gen 1 comparable to Ambu Young, perhaps?

Yeah, I think so. Perhaps a little harder due to the slightly weird damage types.

But really its a pretty easy mob, its only made difficult due to the stuff it spawns with.

Eviscerator added to the Medium category - thanks for the input Jimmy.

I noticed while editing it that I still have the old Umbranoids listed, I must fix that at some point but I don't have time right now :)

I haven't tried the new Caudas yet either, but Cornundos and Molisk don't appear to be any harder. A Molisk Young still only regenerated once or possibly twice when I killed it with an S60. I can't imagine the Cauda being much different to that.

Tbh, I would move the Cornundus one step up. They are now not much easier than Molisk Young, as it takes much much longer than before to kill them (and -that was my impression- they hit much more often).

Edit: and move the Snargs one step down. The lower maturity Snargs (can be found at Aegis Mound, occasional providers can be easily avoided). They are certainly not any more difficult than Atrax and Atrox.

Last edited:
It will take me some time (ammo precisely ;)) till I get from the beginner to noob :). Great guide though.

After hunting Umbras for a few days now, I'm thinking they should go in the Disciple category. Umbranoid Adept is quite similar in damage/health to Argo Young, though the umbras do seem to hit a bit more often so perhaps they should go in the Graduate category instead, where the old M/F Umbras used to be.

Any thoughts?

I reckon Disciple. They're pretty easy at the lowest maturities.

The bigger ones are certainly tougher than Disciple, especially as like you say they hit more than similar mobs, but thats not how the list works...

I reckon Disciple. They're pretty easy at the lowest maturities.

The bigger ones are certainly tougher than Disciple, especially as like you say they hit more than similar mobs, but thats not how the list works...

Thanks Jimmy. I'll wait for any more comments but I think Disciple is probably right. They seem a little easier than the old M/F Adepts, and with the Cut/Impact split damage they should be easier to handle in something like Pixie or Gnome than the old 100% Impact guys were.

Gokibusagi should move from

"Graduate" to "Medium"

with shogun +2a and fap80 heavy trouble and much deaths
versus providers.

Gokibusagi should move from

"Graduate" to "Medium"

with shogun +2a and fap80 heavy trouble and much deaths
versus providers.

The list is based on Youngs. There's a big discussion about it all earlier in the thread ;)

I don´t know how up to date this list is.

But if its based on youngs, I have to say Armax Bull is as easy as Atrox so it should be moved down.

My disciple managed to kill Armax Cows youngs in Goblin + m2a using TT FAP ;), so this could go down a level, too!

Thanks for compiling this list. Its extremely helpful for a noob like me! =) And I'm curious do you update the orginal post with the suggestions from these posts? I didn't noticed and I probably should of before I post an idiotic question but I kinda like idiotic questions.. Makes others feel smart =p

Thanks for compiling this list. Its extremely helpful for a noob like me! =) And I'm curious do you update the orginal post with the suggestions from these posts? I didn't noticed and I probably should of before I post an idiotic question but I kinda like idiotic questions.. Makes others feel smart =p

Yes, I update the first page from time to time, as a result of changes in the game (e.g. new mobs) or discussion in this thread (though I think by now we've got a good consensus, at least from people who bother to read the thread :D).

Dammit MA, stop changing the mobs, you're screwing up my list!

Any comments on changes to PvP4 mobs? Is it another case of longer-but-not-harder to kill?

Its all dependant on maturity..

Some low lvl mats of grad are easier then of noob.

Awesome list! :wtg:

(sigh) The strongest I've beaten solo are small atrax and armax. ;.; I have managed some pretty good deaths. I got slammed in one hit by a second entity a few days ago. ;.; I just wanted some mining claims out of his territory.

Araneatrox Young are here :eek:

may I ask where?

They're in the Falx LA north of OWH. They were put there for tomorrow's Motorhead event so probably won't be there long.

I was able to solo an Araneatrox Young without too much trouble. Mature was a bit much for me, I couldn't keep up with the regen rate because of fapping too much. That's in Ghost+5b with BL1000+Beast (a bigger gun would make things much easier :))

I'd say Araneatrox Young is no harder than Hogglo or Kingfisher Young, so should probably be in the High category, though if these small ones don't stick around I'll also add a note that there are only (usually) higher maturities.

They're in the Falx LA north of OWH. They were put there for tomorrow's Motorhead event so probably won't be there long.

I was able to solo an Araneatrox Young without too much trouble. Mature was a bit much for me, I couldn't keep up with the regen rate because of fapping too much. That's in Ghost+5b with BL1000+Beast (a bigger gun would make things much easier :))

I'd say Araneatrox Young is no harder than Hogglo or Kingfisher Young, so should probably be in the High category, though if these small ones don't stick around I'll also add a note that there are only (usually) higher maturities.

OMG they added Spiders for me to play with????? :laugh: :yay: :laugh: :yay: :wtg:

Oleg can u put Araneatrox to High Level, this is because Young hit common 1hp and it often miss. While Hogglo never miss when it bites me.

I've moved Araneatrox to High Level with a note about the migration event. I also added notes to Oculus and Cornundacauda to point out maturity-related bugs.

I'd suggest to muve caudatergus from noob to Low level, since it got worse after the nerf some time ago, and is bit tough without armor for opalo

Allophyl (Bestiary, Entropedia)
Armax Cow (Bestiary, Entropedia)
Atrax (Bestiary, Entropedia)
Atrox (Bestiary, Entropedia)
Bristlehog (Bestiary, Entropedia)
Estophyl (Bestiary, Entropedia)
Gokibusagi (Bestiary, Entropedia)
Longu (Bestiary, Entropedia)
Mermoth (Bestiary, Entropedia)
Repesilex (Bestiary, Entropedia)
Thorafoid (Bestiary, Entropedia)
Thorofoid (Bestiary, Entropedia)
Trilomite (Bestiary, Entropedia)

Hey i have a question, so far off of this list I've beaten armax, atrax, bristlehog, longu, and repiselex.

But when I tried to beat an atrox I came up nada. I got eaten again and again and again. What gives?

Hey i have a question, so far off of this list I've beaten armax, atrax, bristlehog, longu, and repiselex.

But when I tried to beat an atrox I came up nada. I got eaten again and again and again. What gives?

For one thing I'd say Atrox are on the tougher end of that group, so I'm not all that surprised.

It might be to do with your armour not being ideal for Stab/Cut/Impact. What are you using?

You will need some reasonable damage per second to deal with the regeneration too.

Status
Back