The Mob Ladder - A guide to what mob to hunt next

Status
:yay: I´m high lvl hunter :yay:
(better then I was expecting :cool:)

It might be to do with your armour not being ideal for Stab/Cut/Impact. What are you using?

Shogun, with the exception of goblin gloves and gremlin mask

Shogun, with the exception of goblin gloves and gremlin mask

Other than the Gloves, that should be fine. Youngs will give you a lot of 1.0 hits in that setup. With 2a plates it'll be very easy.

You'll get some nasty hits on your gloves though, Goblin is rubbish for Atrox (unless you have good skills and stick 5b on it, then it's OK for an eco hunt).

On the other hand, if you're trying to kill it with an Opalo, it isn't gonna work.

On the other hand, if you're trying to kill it with an Opalo, it isn't gonna work.

Of course not! that's like trying to break a boulder with a pen knife.

Damn.. I just started at the Beginner level! :ahh::wtg: But thanks for the great list!

I managed to hunt a few low-level Furor yesterday in the few minutes before the maturity was raised.

Wearing Ghost+5b they seemed about the same difficulty as an Ambu Young, so I'm thinking these belong in the Medium category. Any objections?

i think, it's more close to the scip difficult grade, execpt for the distance of the revive...
with no study about it, they seem to be high level to me, they have also hit ability pretty much accurate than the ambu. let's see other opinions^^

i think, it's more close to the scip difficult grade, execpt for the distance of the revive...
with no study about it, they seem to be high level to me, they have also hit ability pretty much accurate than the ambu. let's see other opinions^^

Do you mean Furor?

I would say Gatherers were hitting me with roughly the same success as Scip youngs. But a Furor Adept would be way way easier than a Scipulor Young. And this guide is based on minimum maturities.

Yes, as Jimmy says, that's probably true of the current spawn but I was looking at the Adept, in keeping with the concept of the thread,

Unfortunately the Adept was only in existence for an hour or so before Deathifier raised the maturity so it's hard now for people to get a perspective on it unless they were there for that first hour. I certainly found the Adept to be quite easy at my level. Given that we've now discovered that Gremlin+5b would be better protection than the Ghost+5b I was using, if anything they are probably even easier than I thought.

I find it very tough with the current spawn so I think they get much harder quite quickly as you go up the maturity scale (as do Ambu btw, to go back to my original comparison).

I will add them as Medium for now but I'd still like to hear thoughts from anyone else who had a chance to hunt the Adepts in the short time they were there.

yes i was talking about furor :D i aknowledge your thoughts then. what i only tried yet, was the gatherer maturity and thief. since they were so hardcore in comparison to an ituma guardian or ambu old and also the amount of acid "what-a-pain" damage that ghost cannot suck, they drove my mind to the high level. :D
thnx for your guidance,
Lisbon here w/ respect

yes i was talking about furor :D i aknowledge your thoughts then. what i only tried yet, was the gatherer maturity and thief. since they were so hardcore in comparison to an ituma guardian or ambu old and also the amount of acid "what-a-pain" damage that ghost cannot suck, they drove my mind to the high level. :D
thnx for your guidance,
Lisbon here w/ respect

Yeah, I would certainly say Furor Thief is a pretty high level mob (I haven't gone hunting big ambus since the regeneration nerf, but I imagine Ambu Guardian is equally tough). I agree Furor Gatherer is probably a tougher mob overall than Ambu Old but they probably would fall in the same category nevertheless.

As for armour types, I don't think its right to classify it as a harder mob due to it doing Acid. Although yes, people tend to get Ghost before Gremlin, both are fairly easy to obtain.

As for armour types, I don't think its right to classify it as a harder mob due to it doing Acid. Although yes, people tend to get Ghost before Gremlin, both are fairly easy to obtain.

I think even Goblin+plates would be a reasonable armour against Furor Adept.

About time to add Frescoquda to the list, and it should clearly go to high level.

About time to add Frescoquda to the list, and it should clearly go to high level.

Thanks for the reminder, I'd forgotton about the Fresco as I was distracted by WoF :)

I agree it should be in the High Level group, added.

delayed...

Kind of delayed compared to other posts, but nice thread. I would personally say I am a beginner, somewhat on the noob lvl. I've never been Little Birdies. I am sometimes doing young Combibos along with young and sometimes mature Daikibas.

Great job! :yay:

I believe that most don't start out as Little Birdies. Those people can easily do Daikibas easily, I did. Combibos are bad starts, even though they are usually the first creatures newcomers see. Second is probably a Exarosaur. Next is a Daikiba. The 2nd and 3rd may be interchangeable.

I believe that most don't start out as Little Birdies. Those people can easily do Daikibas easily, I did. Combibos are bad starts, even though they are usually the first creatures newcomers see. Second is probably a Exarosaur. Next is a Daikiba. The 2nd and 3rd may be interchangeable.

Yes, I do say in the main list that I don't recommend the birdies for hunting :)

For beginner hunters I always recommend Snablesnots at Atlas Haven, but it might take them a while to get that TP so Exas and Daikiba around PA are a good choice until then.

For beginner hunters I always recommend Snablesnots at Atlas Haven...

Camp Phoenix might be a good alternate suggestion, with a much easier TP run.

Camp Phoenix might be a good alternate suggestion, with a much easier TP run.

Indeed, but the Berys there can make it difficult for a beginner. It's good though, I hunted there quite a bit myself when I was a noob. Atlas is better for low-level hunting and I always recommend people get the TPs there as soon as they can.

Fantastic thread 0leg, Increadibly helpful for people such as myself who are wondering whats next?

OR whats for breakfast ;)

Letomie

My first impressions of Letomie are that they belong at least in the High level category, and possibly even in Uber.

Any thoughts?

My first impressions of Letomie are that they belong at least in the High level category, and possibly even in Uber.

Any thoughts?

Well it's sort of in the middle, you dont exactly need 200 hp, doa and an impfap to kill them, but HL11, gremlin and t20 might not be enough either. Also young are much easier than say guardian, so might be doable with a smaller setup.

Good Luck choosing :D

Well it's sort of in the middle, you dont exactly need 200 hp, doa and an impfap to kill them, but HL11, gremlin and t20 might not be enough either. Also young are much easier than say guardian, so might be doable with a smaller setup.

Good Luck choosing :D

Yes, they'd certainly be one of the harder creatures (if not the hardest) in the High level category - harder than Hogglo for example. But I don't think they are as hard as any in the Uber list.

Letomie added to High Level :)

Thanks for a great guide and that you keep updating it.

It gave me an idea about my present level (Graduate to Medium) and what to look forward to.

:yay::rocket:

Coming from someone who is working his way up the list, I'd say that Maffoids belong in the Graduate level. They don't hit hard, but holy gods they have a load of hp and high regen compared to other mobs in its group.

I can kill Argos, Hiryuu, Molisk, and Umbranoid easily (until you get high up on their maturities)... I tried out one of the youngest Maffoids, and felt like I hit a brick wall.

It wasn't dangerous, Pixie + 3A had it hitting for next to nothing. But until you have a weapon that can kill Graduate level mobs without large amounts of effort, you're just going to be wasting ammo on these things.

-Alex Z.F.-

Coming from someone who is working his way up the list, I'd say that Maffoids belong in the Graduate level. They don't hit hard, but holy gods they have a load of hp and high regen compared to other mobs in its group.

I can kill Argos, Hiryuu, Molisk, and Umbranoid easily (until you get high up on their maturities)... I tried out one of the youngest Maffoids, and felt like I hit a brick wall.

It wasn't dangerous, Pixie + 3A had it hitting for next to nothing. But until you have a weapon that can kill Graduate level mobs without large amounts of effort, you're just going to be wasting ammo on these things.

-Alex Z.F.-

We're back to the old regeneration question again :)

What weapon are you using?

Great job with the list!

Ive read through all the comments and edits in this thread and feel that there is a valid reason to consider regeneration.

You probably have them properly ranked already but a qualification for being in the disciple range of mobs should be more than if they can stay alive. They should also be able to kill them with a weapon that has a recomended level below the mentor-disciple graduation level of that weapon.

I dont know what the pro levels are for graduation just the specific rifle,pistol, etc.. skills so i cant really say if your list is right or wrong. Just that even though its not the intent of your list it does need consideration at least for the disciple levels and under.

keep up the good work,

narfi

Great job with the list!

Ive read through all the comments and edits in this thread and feel that there is a valid reason to consider regeneration.

You probably have them properly ranked already but a qualification for being in the disciple range of mobs should be more than if they can stay alive. They should also be able to kill them with a weapon that has a recomended level below the mentor-disciple graduation level of that weapon.

I dont know what the pro levels are for graduation just the specific rifle,pistol, etc.. skills so i cant really say if your list is right or wrong. Just that even though its not the intent of your list it does need consideration at least for the disciple levels and under.

keep up the good work,

narfi

Thanks narfi. There isn't a profession requirement for graduation, your professions depend on whether you focus on one area or whether you vary professions. I would think typically people graduate at around about Level 15 hit though.

Your point is certainly worth bearing in mind, weapon power is very important with those high-regen mobs.

Trilomite seems way overrated, I've been slaughtering them (young to old) naked with BL800 (required lvl 5.0).

but then, this guide is probably meant for laser guys. :D

Assuming that lvl 15 is an accurate estimate of where someone would be at graduation then your disciple rank list is spot on. The Feffoids and Maffoids are the ones i wasnt sure about and they can be taken down fine with an H400 even unamped. The SIB range for the H400 is 12.8-15.5 so with the lvl 15 assumption a disciple will have been able to use it for a while before graduating. I would assume that the other hunting professions will be similar.

So good work, and hope I haven't turned the topic away from your intent too much,

narfi

Status
Back