PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
MindArk Goldcard Offer
Page 1 of 16 1234567811 ... LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Recoda
    Images

The efficiency of scopes/lasers - Statistics/Discussion

A lot of research, and attempts to research the efficiency of items with skillmodification have been made the last couple of months. The last thread was rather messy, so I thought we could just try to gather all of the statistics and test samples on the first page instead. So, those will be found in the next post.

The old thread can be found here

Hit Ability
    The Hit Ability on a weapon determines how often the user will be able to hit the target. It is affected by your skills, certain skills affects the Hit Ability in a certain way, some more than others. The H/A may also be higher or lower depending on if the weapon is a SIB weapon or not.

Previous tests have shown that the H/A ranges from 80% hits (0.0) to 91% hits (10.0). The impact which this will have on the economy of the weapon is rather impressive, which is why most people out there who are yet to max a regular weapon are instead using limited ones, or SIB weapons.

The efficiency of items with skillmodification on non-maxed weapons
    It is believed, or at least - I believe that items with skillmodification will increase your (real) Hit Ability. It is yet to be shown on the weapons stats, but my tests have shown that the Hit Rate is indeed increased.

My test have so far shown that the skillmodification increases your H/A with the skillmodification percentage number on the item. Thus, an item with 30% in skillmodification would increase the weapons H/A from 5.0 to 6.5.

The efficiency of items with skillmodification on maxed weapons
    This is currently unknown, it is however possible that these items with skillmodification also increases your skillgain, or such.

Attachments and their TT Value
    I have yet to do any large tests with attachments that have a low TT Value. It may however be possible that the TT Value of the attachments have an impact on their efficiency. This means that a laser with half its TT value may not increase the H/A as much as a laser with a maximum TT Value. This has yet to be shown in any large tests however.
    Last edited by Recoda; 08-31-2007 at 10:33.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Recoda
    Images
    Test Sample 1 - 5000 Shoots:

I thought I'd do another large test to see what the results would be. And so far, they're still positive. It's a hard task to fire 5000 shots, as that would end up being approximately 100k Ammo Cells on a Strikehammer. I thought I'd be better off just using a regular Mann MPH, as it is faster - and the possible loss while doing such a test would be lesser.

Here's a diagram over the amount of misses per 100 shoots.
    As you can see, the amount of misses ranged from 7 to 24.
    It is possible that the misses over 20 were caused by lag, package loss or such,
    which may mean that the Hit Rate should be higher.

Stats, calculations:
    Weapon Used: Mann MPH
    Hit Ability: 5.2
    Calculated Hit Rate: 85.72%
    Skill Modification: 30%
    Modified Hit Ability: 6.76
    Modified Hit Rate: 87.43%

Result
    Total Shoots: 4696
    Total Hits: 4100
    Real Hit Rate: 87.31%
    Hit Ability for such Hit Rate: 6.64

Test done by: Recoda

Test Sample 2 - 1000 Shoots:

Stats, calculations:
    Weapon Used: Improved Mk. II
    Hit Ability: 5.3
    Calculated Hit Rate: 85.83%
    Skill Modification: 52.5%
    Modified Hit Ability: 8.08
    Modified Hit Rate: 88.88%

Results - Without Attachments
    Total Shoots: 1000
    Total Hits: 846
    Real Hit Rate: 84.6%
    Hit Ability for such Hit Rate: 4.2

Results - With Attachments
    Total Hits: 862
    Real Hit Rate: 86.2%
    Hit Ability for such Hit Rate: 5.65

Test done by: RazorFire

Test Sample 3 - 1000 Shoots:

Stats, calculations:
    Weapon Used: Improved Mk. II
    Hit Ability: 4.7
    Calculated Hit Rate: 85.17%
    Skill Modification: 52.5%
    Modified Hit Ability: 7.16
    Modified Hit Rate: 87.87%

Result without attachments:
    Total Hits: 823
    Real Hit Rate: 82.3%
    Hit Ability for such Hit Rate: 2.1

Result with attachments:
    Total Hits: 854
    Real Hit Rate: 85.4%
    Hit Ability for such Hit Rate: 4.9

Test done by: RazorFire

Test Sample 4 - 500 Shoots:

Stats, calculations:
    Hit Ability: 4.63
    Calculated Hit Rate: 85.1%
    Skill Modification: 36.0%
    Modified Hit Ability: 6.30
    Modified Hit Rate: 86.9%

Result without attachments:
    Total Shoots: 500
    Total Hits: 431
    Real Hit Rate: 86.2%
    Hit Ability for such Hit Rate: 5.63

Result with attachments:
    Total Shoots: 500
    Total Hits: 436
    Real Hit Rate: 87.2%
    Hit Ability for such Hit Rate: 6.54

Test done by: Witte
    Last edited by Recoda; 09-01-2007 at 15:01.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Recoda
    Images

Test Sample 1 - PvP Battle:

This test was made to see what kind of an impact skills have on PvP-Battles.

Maxed Stats
    Weapon Used: M2100
    Hit Ability: 10.0
    Total Shoots: 100
    Hit Rate: 100%

Low Hit Ability
    Hit Ability: 1.0
    Total Shoots: 5x100
    Hit Rate: 81.8 +- 4.3%

Without Attachments
    Hit Ability: 4.7
    Total Shoots: 2x100
    Critical Hit: 1/200
    Hit Rate: 97%

With Attachments
    Hit Ability: 4.17
    Skill Modification: 28%
    Modified Hit Ability: 5.34
    Critical Hit: 1/200
    Hit Rate: 98% +- 2

Result:
    It apparently is indeed possible to get 100% hits in PvP. What's not so certain is the nature of the range from 0 HA to 10 HA. The base HA gives around 0.8 hit rate -- the same as against mobs -- but even at just halfway to maxed i was getting nearly perfect hits. I think it might be a higher order curve than linear, which would mean that skill mod attachments in PvP would be less effective than against mobs (and also mean that low (Hit) skills in PvP aren't as important); however, it is not certain from my tests if skill mod does anything at all in PvP.

Test done by: Doer
    Last edited by Recoda; 08-31-2007 at 21:20.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Vlugge Witte Harrie
    Society
    Delta Force Elite
    Images
    A suggestion for these test would be to determin the total decay of the amp or gun, and with it calculate the actual number of shots fired. I notice that in case of lagg your ammo is returned sometimes, as if the shot never happned. That might effect the outcome of these tests.
    Member of Delta Force Elite and admin of Entropedia

Angelica Coffee Lastrome
    Society
    Caffeine Junkies
    Images
    I know I read somewhere (I think on the ingame mouse over info) something to the effect that Hit Ability is a ranking but does not translate into a percentage chance. That among the determing factors of actually hitting something is the creature you are shooting. Something I feel that MUST be taken into account (though will be very difficult to do so) is not only the MOB type, but also Maturity.

I have seen on many instances during a hunt, more misses on higher level mobs (Gen 07, 08 Drones) than I have on lower level (Gen 01-04 Drones). While there may be a smaller variance between closer maturities, I don't believe it is insignificant enough to be able to completely disregard.

Edit: Something else to take into thought. I have experienced and read on various things throughout my time to lead me to another possible variable for actual Hit Rate (vs. Hit Ability). I believe that weapon selection mixed with skills may have an effect. (i.e. someone may miss more with a MK V than they would with a MK I.) Although it does not seem as though that would be an issue here, as the weapon in each case is the same.
    Last edited by Coffee; 08-31-2007 at 00:12.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    David "Doer" Falkayn
    Society
    Trial period
    Blog Entries
    Images
    For reference, the previous thread was here.

Based on the possibility that the skill mod works as Recoda believes (our working hypothesis), I did some calculations on how much attachments will increase (or decrease) your economy with some weapons and they can be found here. Witte has included the ability to calculate this in the wiki weapon chart if you check the box "Attachments".

Here are my test results (original post 2nd 3rd):

Most of my tests were with the intent to check the effect of attachments on maxed SIB weapons. My tentative conclusion was that they don't improve hit rate, as seen by the large departure from the expected hit rate (highlighted in yellow). This begs the question of what Marco meant in the live chat at Leipzig:
    Jimmy_B: Hi Marco. Thanks for giving this chat! Thought I'd give this a go hehe Do laser sights and scopes perform any function on maxed out weapons?
    Marco_MindArk: I believe that the attachment mods come after the Skill mods but I am not sure about that.
    Marco_MindArk: Meaning Yes, the affect it.
    Marco_MindArk: (it should be like that anyway).
    My thoughts are that he didn't really know how skill mod attachments work, but until he is willing to clarify, we won't know.

We also don't know how the modification works at high HA levels. The two possibilities are that the effective HA simply increases until it hits 10.0, or that the increase contribution decreases gradually at high levels so that only at 10.0. HA does one effectively get 10.0 HA. I believe the first makes more sense, but no testing has verified that, yet.

There was just one sample of each of the tests on the unmaxed weapon, so that data is not very meaningful. However, it does generally support the working hypothesis about how the attachments work.

One big missing piece we need to help verify any results is the correct hit rate at 0 HA. It needs to be verified that it is indeed 80. We already guessed that the highest HA is 91% rather than 92% based on our (my) tests, so it is imperative to check the base HA, too.
    Last edited by Doer; 08-31-2007 at 16:23.
    Champion of reason, unraveler of MA's mysteries...forever n00ber
    Myth busters: Evade/Defense Skills Weapon damage Armor decay Unlocking Skills Weapon attachments
    Other esoterica: My Story Luck Project Entropia: what's in a name? More bang

Quote Originally Posted by narfi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Everything but friendships is clutter

Angelica Coffee Lastrome
    Society
    Caffeine Junkies
    Images
    This is to add to the above post I made. This is the mouse over information from in game regarding Hit Ability. Clearly there needs to be taken into account more than just weapon setup vs. skills comparisons. I don't think it can be argued from the below pic that choice of target is not a factor in % of shots that hit vs. miss. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. (Just give some explenation as to why though )

Last edited by Coffee; 08-31-2007 at 05:58. Reason: Grammar :P

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Recoda
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffee View Post
    This is to add to the above post I made. This is the mouse over information from in game regarding Hit Ability. Clearly there needs to be taken into account more than just weapon setup vs. skills comparisons. I don't think it can be argued from the below pic that choice of target is not a factor in % of shots that hit vs. miss. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. (Just give some explenation as to why though )
    That's very interesting. I could swear that the last sentence wasn't there last time I checked it, I've always been wondering if the Hit Ability was indeed affected by the enemy though. Thanks for that post, + Rep.

So, does this mean that different creatures require a different level in the Hit Ability in order to have an efficient Hit Rate?
    Or, does this mean that, even at 10.0/10.0 in Hit Ability, you won't be as successful to kill one creature, as the other?

I think we would have to try different maxed weapons on different creatures to see what the results would turn out to be. More testing has to be done I guess.
    Last edited by Recoda; 08-31-2007 at 09:17.

Marauder
    This member has helped support PlanetCalypsoForum in the past via donations.
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Cyco Kick Maniac
    Society
    Exiles Hideout
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Recoda View Post
    That's very interesting. I could swear that the last sentence wasn't there last time I checked it, I've always been wondering if the Hit Ability was indeed affected by the enemy though. Thanks for that post, + Rep.

So, does this mean that different creatures require a different level in the Hit Ability in order to have an efficient Hit Rate?
    Or, does this mean that, even at 10.0/10.0 in Hit Ability, you won't be as successful to kill one creature, as the other?

I think we would have to try different maxed weapons on different creatures to see what the results would turn out to be. More testing has to be done I guess.

To be honest I definatly think that it is possible to build up a certain affinity for weapons.
    When u get a new gun, it will always feel weird to use because its new and u got to get used to it. But I always noticed that afther a few long hunts my guns just work better.

And for instance I like to overhunt and lose peds so I often go afther mobs with UL guns that are a challenge to hunt and I miss much much more then even at pointblank range so its not because i suck at aiming
    While going afther the smaller variants i tend to feel i hit more and even have a higher average damage.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    TeranoZ Evil Slayer
    Society
    United People of Calypso (UPC)
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Doer View Post
    Most of my tests were with the intent to check the effect of attachments on maxed SIB weapons. My tentative conclusion was that they don't improve hit rate, as seen by the large departure from the expected hit rate (highlighted in yellow). This begs the question of what Marco meant in the live chat at Leipzig:

EU is dynamic, it could be possible they changed it because they saw people did not add the extra decay from attachments to their expenses while using (L) weapons.

Page 1 of 16 1234567811 ... LastLast