The efficiency of scopes/lasers - Statistics/Discussion

Wow, this thread is still open. Since i've had it linked in my sig for years, i guess i'll post an update.

Fortunately we have chat messages about misses now, so it's a lot easier to get data.
Here's a post summing up quite a chunk of data with/w/o attachments with large enough samples to at least convincingly suggest attachments increase hit ratio, albeit very subtly. It may be purely coincidence, but you could reasonably conjecture from this data that every 10% skill mod gives you an effective increase in 1 level of Hit profession. Of course, that could be a coincidence.

In that post a 28% skill mod gave a ~0.003 increase in hit ratio (== 3 level Hit pro standing increase).

Here's a summary of our current understanding of hit ratio, crit ratio, and attachments:
summary post 2014

Feel free to post your attachment tests here. Maybe we can finally pin down how the skill mod works.

I personally think scopes and lasers have a greater effect on skill gain than anything else.

Small enough to not notice, but over the course of 100 levels equates to 10 levels or so in hit for those who use the most effective ones throughout. Amps do the same for damage skills. But typically you see people complain starting around prof 70 that the inequality between them (damage and hit) is nearly 10 levels, because most people opt without.

I personally think scopes and lasers have a greater effect on skill gain than anything else.

Well it's a different effect. And it would probably be quantifiable if it weren't so miniscule. However, based on the other cases of skill increase buffs we have now as a comparison, i think the few percent skill increase bonus of attachments is probably the same. I guess a good question is whether it stacks with e.g. the pills, as we have seen some buffs don't, but there's nothing really unique in that aspect of attachments now.

In any case, as i described in the summary, Hit profession is not the most important one for maxing the non-SIBs.

Back