best places to mine

alexisd

Old
i have all the gear now and know how to do it but where is the best places to mine near the cities in the mountains in the sea?any one any ideas?

Best places to mine? well lets see anymore its seems quite random. If you are in Port Atlantis to the NE in the swamp I have found numerous ores and enmatters and the to th SE near the sea I have found some too. It will take you some time to get a feel for spots to mine. I find new ones all the time. This is where you can take a big loss in mining is just trying to find a field that has not already been mined. Most miners will not give up their spots that routinely yield resources. If I start getting good solid hits in an area I would tend to keep bombing in a pattern until I start getting no hits. Usually my max for no hits is 3 in any area but you will have to know your own limits there. As for the oceans and bodies of water they yield ore and enmatter but usually closer to the shore. Some lakes will contain resource concentrations but I would just stick to land unless you get a feeling a vein is leading you into the water. I have found more resources around some of the cities in this VU. I would not bomb within Hadeshiem I have never found anything in the city there (around the power plant S of town used to be a different story until this VU) My best advice is read the mining tutorials and check out some of the mining Society websites there is invaluable information there. Have fun GL and don't keep bombing an area where you get no resources found :D

Startup Costs to Mine

I'm very interested in the mining aspect of this game. I had a thriving business for a long time in SWG (Star Wars Galaxies) centered around mining activities.

How much of an expense is there in getting started mining here?

I'm brand new to the game - have not even logged in yet. (Problem with the account right now)

Mining here is a quite diffrned than in SWG :p cause every bomb here cost you like 10 US cents... you cannot drop them so much as checking areas in SWG... there is also no amount of cash that you need to start mining... but everyday you should be able to at last 100 bombs or probes... so like 150 peds for beginning and later like 50-60 peds per day if you gonna be unlucky.... if you gonna have some luck then like 500 ped total should last you for long time....

just want to vent some frustration here... and you'll understand why soon enough, I went south to north in pvp2 yesterday, got through 60peds of mines and found nothing but less than 10peds of melchi and oil and 14 lyta.

I am soo frustrated becacuse i badly need angelic and dunk for crafting.

hurumph i say :|

Good luck tho

zzzztj said:
just want to vent some frustration here... and you'll understand why soon enough, I went south to north in pvp2 yesterday, got through 60peds of mines and found nothing but less than 10peds of melchi and oil and 14 lyta.

I am soo frustrated becacuse i badly need angelic and dunk for crafting.

hurumph i say :|

Good luck tho

Sorry to hear that you did not find what you needed :mad: I have been mining for a long time and still don't find angelic or dunkel very often. One place I did find angelic was to the E of the Thorio Temple. I did not find very much and the mining wasnt all that great but that was last VU. This VU I have been finding ore and enmatter where typically it used to not be. I always seem to find small amounts of dunkel, binary, and angelic mixed in with other enmatters. I am not sure if they are random spawners like the high end ores. GL in the future :)

yeah i know what you mean i seem to drop loads and get hardly anything decent in return, i think the mining industry is in chrisis lol

MY ability to find ores has gone straight down now that the new VU has come about. Tbh, what level of mining skills do you need to effectively mine?

wow... possibly things back to normal? so low skilled ppl has low outpot as normal? wow that would be nice

if this is true, than newbies should mine lysterium/oil :wise:

pvp3 has plenty of ores.... :)

...and plenty of n00bs who can't smell a hispidus but hope for a pvp loot...

errr... goo to camp echidna. from there go south. when u will die instantly with no apparent reason, there is pvp3.

for acces in pvp3, u need toxic shot from tt. pvp3 is one of the most chalenging areas in-game, because:

- high concentration of mobs
- presence of some of the most powerful mobs in the game
- high concetration of iron and lysterium
- some presence of the most wanted ore in game, rugaritz
- possibility of being killed and looted by another avatar (the only area where u can be looted). what can be looted? all ur stackable items: ores, hides, wool, loose peds in inventory, etc. u won't loose: bombs, tools, guns, armor, peds on ped card.

so stay away until u will be able to kill a great rifleman wearing shadow armour:)

it doesn't sound as appealing as i first anticipated lol think i'll leave that to the big boys till i get all my tp's etc and up my skills

There seems to be a very persistant misunderstanding about losing peds in pvp3. You can not lose your peds there, wether they are on your card or loose in your inventory. If you get looted and your looter gets peds they come from the 'lootpool', not from you.

dutch chap, let's test it this evening. u put all ur peds in inventory, u stay sitting duck, i'll kill u, and after i will let you know of the results.

Those things (peds/tools/armour) make a huge difference for a decision to enter pvp3 or not.
I thought you had a chance to loose everything you carry/wear except the PED-on-card

Kerham said:
wow... possibly things back to normal? so low skilled ppl has low outpot as normal? wow that would be nice

if this is true, than newbies should mine lysterium/oil :wise:

Maybe with that 100K hof it ended the mining event and now things will normalize. I am not sure though as I type this someone could be getting a huge ATH. I am going to try a all out mining trip tomorrow night to see how things go for me. I am mid skilled in mining and last VU I had more profit days than non profit days even in some of the high taxed LAs. I am curious with the new intro of the mining tools how that will affect things.

I agree that someone new should try to find large quantities of smaller ores and enmatters. I will help raise your mining and drilling skills and become a more efficient miner. With most tools, having a skill bonus, it should not take long for your skills to rise.

I've been in pvp3 several times, and gotten looted several times as well. I've lost ores, hides, hair gel and stuff like that, but never loose pecs/peds.

Thx Darkaner.

Kerham, test it out with a socmate or something. If you loot peds they come from the lootpool.

I was going to post pvp3 as being a great place to mine. I walked away with 1k of oil and lysterium each last night. Not a lot of value in it, but it's good for generating skills :)

Back