Images
    + rep for your microguide

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Society
    The Calypso Rescue Team
    Images
    Bump since this has fallen a little

Please could a Mod sticky this or something if you read it (And think it's good enough of course)

Thank!

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    timmmers
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Helpful bump as a weak form of apology for not finding the OP with some argo skins in time for the coat...hat maybe ?

Awaiting the HOF mode tutorial now

t

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Norbert Falco Gregory
    Society
    Rising Potentials
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If your maximum resolution is 1024*768 pixels – Unfortunately your computer will not be able to run EU in window mode.
    Now i know why I cant play in windows mode.

Thanks for explanation.

David Konve Williams
    Images
    If your maximum resolution is 1024*768 pixels – Unfortunately your computer will not be able to run EU in window mode.
    It could - someone, I don't know who, posted how to do it here on EF. It was a bit dodgy, though (ie Mindark might not like it) so I will give no instructions. Anyone interested would have to try and find it themselves.

Exclamation

Actually, this is not completly true. It's may not be possible with the EU ClientLoader to set window mode, with 1024x768 resolution, but with a lil workaround, it's possible.

Simply create a shortcut to the entropia.exe and in the destination window you add

-n<username> -p<password> -col32 -dw -w1000 -h720 -bw1500 -v0 -k1 -r4 -a0

the parameters are as follow:

-col32 / -col16: Color depth (16 or 32 Bit)
    -dw / -df: windowed or fullscreen
    -w: Width in pixel (You can enter any number here, but it's wise to put a number which is multiple of 4/16)
    -h: Height in pixel
    -bw: bandwidth in kbit/s (1500 means: 1.5 MBit)

not sure:
    -a: Antialiasing?
    -r: maybe visual quality (have it on max, and it has 4 steps, and r=4
    -k / -v: dunno

So the complete textfield may be look like this:
    "D:\Online Games\Project Entropia\Entropia.exe" -n<Username> -p<Password> -col32 -dw -w1000 -h720 -bw1500 -v0 -k1 -r4 -a0

Of course you have to replace <Username> with your actual username and <Password> with your password, without the < >.
    For example:
    If your username is "RandomGuy" and your password is "ultrasecret123", then you enter "-nRandomGuy -pultrasecret123". There is no space between -n and the username, same for pass.

Another important thing is, the commands are case sensitive. So it's important to use -col32 and -nUsername and NOT -COL32 -NUsername!

Warning: Since you're bypassing the Client Loader by this way, it's important to insert the username and passwort inside the shortcut (or you won't be able to login by this way). This may be a security risk, because anyone who has access to your PC, can log in EU by just double clicking on the shortcut, without entering the username and password (or open the properities of the shortcut and can see the login information as clear text).
    It is YOUR TASK to make sure, that if you use this method, no one other than yourself, has access to your PC/the shortcut.

There are also a few sugestions how to limit it:
    If multiple persons using your PC, don't let them login with administration account. You change the access rights on the file, with NTFS restrictions (if you HDD is formated in NTFS format). You can see this in your Windows Manual or Helpfile how to do this (or maybe someone other explain it here, i'm to lazy). It would also be wise to encrypt the file with windows encryption (supported in Win2k and later versions on NTFS Filesystem), so only the user who encrypted it, can encrypt it.

Another nice side effect, you don't have to enter your username and password everytime. It's not that much of an issue for newer EU players, but the old ones who played since PE went gold, the usernames and passwords was kinda cryptic and random letter/numbers and pretty pretty hard to remember (like mine -_-) ^^

Good job, on the how to do, i don't use it but i am sure it will help a lot of people who will . thank's

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    True TJ Juan
    Society
    Cz-Sk Crows
    Images
    THX, I just needed this at the very moment

Really thx

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Society
    The Calypso Rescue Team
    Images
    BumP - Cos I just had to refer a friend to here, thought others might need it tooo

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast