"Free Skillin' Papparazzi Extra"

MindStar9

Self-Requested Deactivation
MindStar9
First: MB? ... if this is the wrong location for this post, then plz move :) Thx!

Second: When I got wind of the free skillin' bug (here at the forum), I immediately jumped on it as my next photo op assignment, as any diligent member of the "papparazzi" would do.

As I wandered from city-to-city, I thought I would find a couple of ppl here and there taking advantage of this opportunity to free skill, but nooooo ... what I found was an out-and-out assault not only on bartenders, barmaids, patrons, technicians, and auctioneers, but ppl taking wacks at each other. AND ... I believe I was at Nymphtown about to get into the TP when someone in full Nem came up behind me and starting stabbing away with a dagger ...
!@#$%^&.

As I traveled from city-to-city, the theme was the same ... no one cruising the auctioneer for goods, no one purchasing blueprints from the technicians, no one repairing armor (ok, that's a sore subject), no one buying bullets for their next hunt, and no one relaxing or dancing at a bar. INSTEAD ... I found the masses in a frenzy openly "free skilling" on everything and anything, including each other.

The pics speak volumes . . . (there will be several posts with the pics)

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Last edited:
More "Free Skilling" pics . . .

More "Free Skilling" pics . . .

o_O.....I guess there be a lot less players around if MA enforces the EULA.

This whole episode pissed me off. I worked and paid for my melee skills, and to see so many people knowingly abuse this bug really made my blood boil. I hope MA hits the ban on everyone who sat there for god knows how long free skilling on NPCs.

do i see familiar faces there? ;)

and rave chill *pets* ;) :kos: listen to songs i sent, 666 forever

Rave said:
This whole episode pissed me off. I worked and paid for my melee skills, and to see so many people knowingly abuse this bug really made my blood boil. I hope MA hits the ban on everyone who sat there for god knows how long free skilling on NPCs.

If they dont ban the free skillers they should at least reward the honest people. Thats what realy pissed me off the fact that the ppl that didn't take advantage look stupid.

"I'm Great in Longblade now"
"Gratz I'm still only at 2k"
"Stupid why didn't you skill when you could have for free"

hopefully Lootious will at least make things right :evilking:

I'm at work right now and like to know what's going on... basically your saying that MA messed up and that the melee weapons don't decay and that you can skill freely on n.p.c. and other players?

I'd like to know all this before i get home tonight and do something stupid.

Regards

ElbryanWolf said:
I'm at work right now and like to know what's going on... basically your saying that MA messed up and that the melee weapons don't decay and that you can skill freely on n.p.c. and other players?

I'd like to know all this before i get home tonight and do something stupid.

Regards

Too late. It's fixed already.

true it is fixed, but it is true, i know i tested it myself :kos: only few hits though

you ppl are kinda stupid... :p
I have reported few bugs while I have played.. never been BIG bugs.. but bugs..
MA says thanx, I did report a exploid once that ppl used, and got the usual thanx in reply.
But now, Im not gonna report any more bugs or exploites for a while, why?
with the "blueprint" bug, some ppl made 12k ped.
He who reported it, got 500ped revard. But omg.. think what 100ppl could make of this bug.

So then the "freeskill" bug comes, some dude report it, and prolly gets a thanx?
NONE of the users of the "blueprint" or "freeskill" bug, have gotten their accont locked.

I know there are many honest ppl out there, but I think when it comes to realmoney, they may get out numbered, by ppl that take the 12kped insted of the 500ped + a thanx.

What have we learned?
MA dont lock accounts, use all the bugs and exploits you can find :wise:

Kimmi said:
MA says thanx, I did report a exploid once that ppl used, and got the usual thanx in reply.
He who reported it, got 500ped revard. But omg.. think what 100ppl could make of this bug.

So then the "freeskill" bug comes, some dude report it, and prolly gets a thanx?
NONE of the users of the "blueprint" or "freeskill" bug, have gotten their accont locked.

I know there are many honest ppl out there, but I think when it comes to realmoney, they may get out numbered, by ppl that take the 12kped insted of the 500ped + a thanx.

What have we learned?

I didnt use the bug, not even test it, out of the principal of it. I don't care if MA nerf's people or not who use the exploit, im just happy to see that it is over with and we can move on. I am happy to skill the good ol' way of doing it, and if people catch a bug here and there, more power to them, I'm just not interested.

all i'm gonna say is that i miss diripi fields and AC

RexDameon said:
If they dont ban the free skillers they should at least reward the honest people. Thats what realy pissed me off the fact that the ppl that didn't take advantage look stupid.

"I'm Great in Longblade now"
"Gratz I'm still only at 2k"
"Stupid why didn't you skill when you could have for free"

hopefully Lootious will at least make things right :evilking:

I second this! :wise:

Kimmi said:

What have we learned?

Honestly i would +rep you for this comment if i could casue it proves my freaking Point!

Thats nice to hear rex...
But, dont get me totally wrong here...
I would much more prefere that ma revard the ppl that DONT use the exploits, and ban or give warrnings to they who do.
But that isnt the case... MA dont care!
(maybe you could +rep me on another post ;)

ppl made that much money from the bp bug and were not banned?

Back