Clothes & Armor Decay protest

I support this thread and everything it stands for. I have also sent a support case to MA. Let's hope we can reverse this ridiculous crap.

Remove the 2 pec fee and the world will be righted. Until then I cannot justify returning to the game.

Send Support Cases!

Guys, send support cases to make it known you will not be hunting, mining or crafting until this is fixed. I said in the long run if it is not fixed, I will be moving on to one of the many other similar games like this.

I"m surprised by the outrage I see. Waht did you guys expect? when they say Vu I think FU, as a matter of fact I just bend over and make happy if I want to keep playing this game! :makelove: now don't you all feel better!? DEPOSIT BITCH! :better::money:

If I want to wear my Ninja jacket I have to:

Remove armor
Put on - decay

If I want to wear armor I have to:

Put on armor (as you can't wear both, jacket is auto removed) - decay

Remove armor
Put on - decay

I fully support this thread and I already sent the copy/paste support case. :rolleyes:

YEAH WTF IS THIS !!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

fanskapsfanjefelfan"decoy"!

:( My other ingame name is Decoy =( hehe naa i know it was a typo..

But ofcourse Ma choose way to reduce lag when they can earn money from it..

And Btw My oj's were at full condition before new vu and are now totalle broke ? is that fair.. And will my armor decay for taking it off to the repair terminal ??

Last edited:
This is the best post-VU whining ever! I didn't realize this so-callled community can be that bad. Decaying clothes idea is logical and had to be implemented sooner or later. 2 pec is really small value comparing to any other activity in Entropia, also RL clothes are decaying way more, but I can't hear anyone complaining about that.

Support case not sent.

:handjob:

IRL when has any hunter shot and killed and RECIEVED NOTHING?

More details requires more polygons. More polygons to be loaded upon equipping means more lag or whatever you want to call it.

While the difficult task of any artist is creating kickass grafx with a minimum amount of polygons, EU ignore this completely and takes it as lame excuse to charge the players for their own incompetence.

Anyone can create kickass grafx with millions of polygons. The difference is to create the same with just a few polygons. Thats why are there good and bad artists out there. Seems EU sacrifices to the the more polygones the better policy and pushes it onto the playerbase.

I don't like it, but I expected something like that when I read the number two preview report.

The improvements include:

Increased Polygon Count
Higher Resolution Texture Maps
Normal Mapping Technology
Reflective and Glossy Surfaces
Redesigned Armor/Clothes/Avatar
Dynamic Level of Detail Technology, which allows crowds of hundreds of simultaneous avatars to be in one place while maintaining a good frame rate.
Advanced Shader which allows realistic combinations of leather and colored clothes

"Increased polygon count" make me really laugh my ass off at that time. Anybody else is trying to reduce polygons...*shrug* But what do I know.

I strongly support this cause to remove the decay for clothing and armor. I hope that this is not a permenant change, but instead intended to stave off massive quantities of changing on a wide scale level that could lag the servers.

Its a big shame MA ! I cant finde some other words for this stupid way to earn money. I dont accept any informations about: this decay goes to the lootpool. I dont want this decay in the lootpool.

This decay on clothers and armors are a unfair way to crap more ped from the ppl. Improve the break even, that all can realy earn ped in this game and we can discuss on this decaypoint again.

ITs a shame. I will see the next time - but this game change to a angry game. They only way for me and i think many other is only to quite.

DAN

So, for those who see the logic in this have MA extensively tested before this VU, calculated the lag due to clothes changes, upgraded servers etc and calculated a reasonable charge?

Or do we have to live with lag until they have saved up enough from clothes decay to pay for additional servers etc

Or is this total BS and just another move to extract cash?

Support case sent

I suggest that you remove the stupid decay when equipping armor/clothes.
I had a project that I started last night which was to try and loot parts of different armors to make armor sets. This has now been put on hold as has me depositing until you remove this "feature".

Forget the lag, I'm wondering what they are going to tax to make us pay for all these CTD's... :rolleyes:

Support case sent.

going to play "half secret Russian alternative" now.

Yep. me too.

I will go play that game and return to PE only *AFTER* this bug is fixed.
I have no idea what MA is doing. What in the *WORLD* were they thinking?

MY support case:

09 Oct 2007 You wrote:
The VU 9.0 was released, and I think it was very premature. I am having performance issues like none before in any VU. I can tolerate bugs, they are to be expected, but constant crashes when hunting is intolerable. I have updated all of my drivers and my hardware. I have a good machine and easily meet the minimum requirements, yet I am unable to play. Does "minimal requirements" mean "minimal play"? I would consider upgrading my video card, but will not do so under the current 9.0 status and changes.

Getting a VU out ontime is secondary to getting it done right.

I am also appalled by your 2pec "Lag Tax". The shortcoming of your programming and hardware should not be payed for by your players. While you were touting the improvements to your graphics, this caveat was not shared. Shame on you. I don't think I will be playing very much until this is fixed...

There were some good things done this VU(long overdue in many cases), but they are vastly overshadowed by the bad.

I would urge you to reconsider your changes in the code and policies. VU are meant to improve the game, not destroy the community.

Do not bother with your cut-and-paste reply. Simply pass-along this note to those who thought these changes in 9.0 were a good thing and let them know I think they were not.

Last edited:

Remove armor
Put on - decay

If I want to wear armor I have to:

Put on armor (as you can't wear both, jacket is auto removed) - decay

so wait, you're saying not only do they make me pay for putting on armour, they take off jackets thus forcing me to put them back on? does this aply to trousers, shirts, hats etc?

guess what, if thats the case, and its not fixed, im going to drop my jacket on the ground as its worthless to me.

nice vu for tailors.

Grrrrr:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

This was really unnecessary!!! Why do we have to pay for having fun? Isnt it enough already with all the bad loot and return???
ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!

Damn it, grrr:mad:

so wait, you're saying not only do they make me pay for putting on armour, they take off jackets thus forcing me to put them back on? does this aply to trousers, shirts, hats etc?

guess what, if thats the case, and its not fixed, im going to drop my jacket on the ground as its worthless to me.

nice vu for tailors.

No, this is only for the special ninja jackets. It was like this before the VU as well.

I asked support if people were expected to change into them after every hunt, being unable to wear them during a hunt, and they said yes, that is the was it's supposed to be.

But with this VU - who will ever wear them if you Have to change and if you Have to pay for it? :rolleyes:

i´m with you

Support case sent ;)

its a shame, that they are so greedy !

After this VU - Screw this fucking game

I got it!

Mindark put the 2 PEC decay - only so they can "agree" with the community tomorrow, and cut it down to "half" the cost of 1 PEC. :rolleyes:

I got it!

Mindark put the 2 PEC decay - only so they can "agree" with the community tomorrow, and cut it down to "half" the cost of 1 PEC. :rolleyes:

LMAO, we will see...

-Zap

They've gone to far this time. It makes no sense at all, it's just a greedy new fucking way for them to make some extra ped's. And they dont even try to hide it from us cuz they know we will 'adapt and play on'.

Trust me, i will not hunt, mine or craft for a long time

Im pretty sure ive seen identical messages handed out with previous VU complaints, but do they think were absolutely stupid ?
Any excuse to make us loose money eh ?

Make up a petition with /signed names, this is enough, for fuck sakes

no its not one petition is nothing but if they get a couple of thousand......

Is it 1:st of April? lol @ MA...you´ve finally gone beyond what I expected from you (didn´t think it was possible tho)

I'm logging into the forum from school, and the first thing I see is an attempt against fashion and the expression of the individual personality (which is illogic if we take in count this V.U. was to emposer it, not subdue it).

:mad: THIS IS AN OUTRAGE! :mad:

I have raised a support case voicing my displeasure. I humbly suggest you all do the same. They may ignore it, but if we don't try then we only have ourselves to blame.

Grounder

I will be voicing my thoughts on this subject to those in LA at the E For All.

I can't believe they fubar'd the system like this. (Not to mention some other nice 'enhancements', like removing the yellow from my viking.).

All in all, some great things in this VU, but some absolutely HORRIBLE things as well.

This armor/clothes decay... completely against the idea of EU.... free to play, as long as you don't equip anything. You can completely decay your entire clothing/armor inventory without even hunting, what kind of shit is that???

Foot gaurds, ::cough:: BULLSHIT ::cough:: Guess I can't hunt thorifoids after 9.1 anymore, unless I pay an arm and a leg for one of the first foot gaurds...

Umbranoids... I called it, hairspray is going up in value to be sure...

Right click to change to aim mode doesn't work... WTF??? WHY?!?!?! fucked me up on countless occasions when 'testing' this new VU...

oh well, support case will be sent...

sorry to be me to give you this bad new.... umbranoids are there no more
they removed them from game since this very VU

Back