Undocumented changes VU 9.0

Konve

Marauder
David Konve Williams
Please post anything that was not covered in the Content List for VU 9.0

I'll start with pointing to this thread:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84211

Apparently several "old" items have had their decay increased. Something that, of course, is in straight contradiction with Mindarks firm policy to never alter item stats and abilities.

What else has happened?

1. A new 'This item is busy and cannot be equipped' yellow message preventing me from switching weapons/FAP for a full 2 second delay while the MOB keeps on pounding me.
2. Although the VU list stated that weapons with attachments can now be repaired, they failed to mention the following:
(a) Attachments on (L)imited weapons will not be repaired unless detached
(b) Weapons placed in the repair terminal will lose their shortcuts/hotkeys
3. Many items have changed their size making a huge new mess in my storage.
4. Armors can now be hotkeyed.
5. TT-sword is now the Castorian Enblade-1 (with no SIB) instead of the Enblade-A.
6. No colorator in TT.
7. Double-clicking on items has changed functionality.
8. OJs now have a max TT of 1 PED per item, but unless you repair them are at the minimal 0 TT value.

Stackable items -bug is back, at least for me. Items don't stack automatically, instead those end up in new stack. This was problem some VUs ago if I remember right. More likely a bug report though.

5. TT-sword is now the Castorian Enblade-1 (with no SIB) instead of the Enblade-A.

WTH!? What next? Opalo replaced with Jester!?

Oh god. This is just too much to handle.
Do they think we are complete idiots and don't notice a thing?

Because we do MA, and I would be careful with your customers, or you might wake up one day and they are all gone.

I don´t know exactly what has been changed but yesterday I died the first time for about one month. In this month I used to hunt the same two mobs in one area. I was overprotected so that I don´t have to fap. Yesterday then, when I had to change the amp on my korss because it was broken I died the first time for weeks. I did so many times before in those weeks and never didn´t even come into a dangerous situation. Yesterday I died once and was almost dead a second time. I doubt that this can be just coincidence!
Maybe they nerfed the evade skill or the attack rate or the chance of critical hits for mobs. I don´t know exactly but something definitely changed. It also seems that the repair bill for my armor was bigger than normal but I can´t say for sure because my hunting run yesterday was to short due to early dieing.

hmmm,, thought maybe it was just me. I was out mining yesterday and came upon some ambu's. With ghoul n 5b's on and fully repaired, I was getting pounded by an ambu young. I do realize any mob can crit but this one was hitting me for 74 dam and they werent crits. I tested again against a provider and the was getting hits in the 80's and 90's, several of them. After clearing that bunch out with no friggin loot :) I ran into some snables and they started hitting in the 20's. Hopefully just a bug in that area , it did make the mining run a little more exciting though.

hmmm,, thought maybe it was just me. I was out mining yesterday and came upon some ambu's. With ghoul n 5b's on and fully repaired, I was getting pounded by an ambu young. I do realize any mob can crit but this one was hitting me for 74 dam and they werent crits. I tested again against a provider and the was getting hits in the 80's and 90's, several of them. After clearing that bunch out with no friggin loot :) I ran into some snables and they started hitting in the 20's. Hopefully just a bug in that area , it did make the mining run a little more exciting though.

An old solution for this problem used to be that there was something wrong with the system treating you as if your armour wasn't fitted and a solution was a relog or take the armour off and refit, sadly the latter action will now cost us 12 pec.

you can have 200 items and 250kg in your inventory

1. A new 'This item is busy and cannot be equipped' yellow message preventing me from switching weapons/FAP for a full 2 second delay while the MOB keeps on pounding me.

This also happens when i mine, and switching from finder to extractor. My question, why implement such an stupid feature????

about hitting - this is interesting. I have the opposite happening :scratch2:

I have ghost - semi-full (need boots .... :rolleyes:) - with plates 5B's. I went to hunt armaxes and troxes with a lot of neco's around. I always died when trying looking at a neco - I killed several yesterday and even globaled on one. I killed youngs, mature, old and even bigger ... I killed trox dominants and providers with the hit of 1-30... I felt nearly uber in my old ghost .... lol

(MA if you read this PLEASE don't go in and check if my armor/tools are bugged positively .... :( )

Maybe they are hiting you in the foot :laugh:

you always could have that..
but 250kg, cant i have more then that..or?
then its going to be hard to be on CND and mining :O

Wasn´t the max weight you can carry related to your strength in the past?

Stackable items -bug is back, at least for me. Items don't stack automatically, instead those end up in new stack. This was problem some VUs ago if I remember right. More likely a bug report though.

If you right click on stackable, there is option to merge all

I noticed that when I repaired armour and weapons without removing attachments, and by using the buttons on the repair terminal, the tt value for each item went to maximum, but the tt bar stayed at orange :scratch2:

JC

you can have 200 items and 250kg in your inventory

On a good ore strike it's not unusual to hit 300+ kg, so that is kinda stupid to me. Maybe little red wagons will start dropping so we can drag it behind us.

Getting more hits and critical hits is normal after every VU update.
It seem that the avatar experience with the particular mob is reset to 0. Normally after a view 100 ped of hunting on them you get your experience on them back and things are back to normal. It seems MA does this on purpose to increase armor decay (just my opinion though). They sometimes also do this reset on other times when they feel like it.

Cheers
Richard
(ingame Siam)

All in all, most of these 'undocumented changes' has one thing in common; they bring MA more money in one way or the other.

The dmg done by aurli and kreltin has been increased.

My ghost and 5b's could hold me through a few mobs now its like im wearing pixie in space agaisnt one mob.

:mad:

And something is done to weight and running... feels much like CP even down on calypso now...

:mad:

when putting faceguard on it will unequip shades. when putting faceguard off you need to equip shades again...

didn´t tested the 2pec decay on that.

ps: don´t know if it is the same with helmets

when putting faceguard on it will unequip shades. when putting faceguard off you need to equip shades again...

didn´t tested the 2pec decay on that.

ps: don´t know if it is the same with helmets

Ofc.. it's an easy way for the greedy fuckheads to get an extra 2 PECs.. If it was to decrease the lag, WHY THE FUCK IS THE CLOTHES GETTING AUTO-UNEQUIPPED ?! More realistic ? hahahaha yeah right..

drones dont give more dodge now
anyone noticed it?

When wearing a cap or hat you can not wear a helmet. One of them has to be taken of...... Very anoing as it will cost you money to unequip one or the other. :mad:

Did somebody also mention the "adjusted" fap decays? :mad:

I will do some tests on mining amps as i suspect they don't last as long as they did before.
That is, if someone havn't done that already.
I just had that feeling when mining last night but didn't crunch any numbers on it.

Now I feel I look much "closer", I used to be able to see my hands when holding LP470 Manis in first shooter camera, but now I just see the gun, that really makes me feel quite uncomfortable ... I hope MA can change it back.

Back