Lets add up the clothes decay

Lol total for me to repair all my clothes is ...... 1294,- Ped Thanks Ma but dont think i am gonna do this waiting till they roll back this shitty VU and if not chipping out and leaving. :mad:

Already 100 ped and more than 300 extra if I repaired them all :(

Excuse me if i am wrong, but If i have 200 peds of my ped card, it is mine right?

If i transfer those peds into my clothing by repairing my hat/coat, aren't those 200 peds still mine? :scratch2:

Those 200 peds only become MA's when I decay my cloths by 200 peds by taking them on and off 10,000 times.

Why do i say this? Because I can TT the clothing any time, and get the 200 peds straight back onto my ped card. (Or sell them, with the same effect.)

For those with shed loads of clothing, well, what can I say?
Some people in real life have too many cloths too, and end up wearing only 20 items out of the 1,000's they own.
Pick your favorite 20 items, repair them, and let the rest stay lot TT (as you never wear it anyway!).

Yes you are correct the ped is still yours if you repair your clothes but the point is as a tailor to be able to sell these items of clothes looking as they did before this VU you have to fork out all these repairs first to be able to redeem the ped back when you sell. I can't think of many tailors, apart from maybe those with mall shops, that have that amount on their ped card and can afford to do this without depositing yet more money.

Now of course there is also the problem of whether tailors take the risk and deposit more money and repair the clothes and then find they can't sell them as people aren't buying them because they now decay.

PS! Repairs dont go to MA pockets, the value is still in your cloathes! Decay is what gives them money, so with no decay on clothes we would allways have the full value in our possesion!

:scratch2: What are you talking about? Repair don't going to MA pocket?

Are you out of your mind? If you do any repair on your clothes that money is tie up and you can not use it for any other activities. MA can very sure tally up all the peds that tie up in clothes and deposit that in to a saving, to make some where between 3.5-5% interest. Where is that going to help the loot pool or the game? And if they invest it in some thing that the call Ingame Banks that only charge (what?) 99.99% interest. It your money they draw interest on and the great thing is they charge you another 2 pec just to look at your money (clothes). I think this is get out of hand the way MA doing it.:mad:

:scratch2: What are you talking about? Repair don't going to MA pocket?

Are you out of your mind? If you do any repair on your clothes that money is tie up and you can not use it for any other activities. MA can very sure tally up all the peds that tie up in clothes and deposit that in to a saving, to make some where between 3.5-5% interest. Where is that going to help the loot pool or the game? And if they invest it in some thing that the call Ingame Banks that only charge (what?) 99.99% interest. It your money they draw interest on and the great thing is they charge you another 2 pec just to look at your money (clothes). I think this is get out of hand the way MA doing it.:mad:

No Im not out of my mind ;)

Yes MA can and most probobly get an %intrest of the money you tie up in your cloths.

If I repair my cloths I move value from my PED card to my cloths, I still have the same total tt value on my ava.

When you deposit MA gets your money and starts getting an %intrest on that money... Doesnt mather if you spend you PEDs in game on cloths or leave them on the card, your real money is allready in MAs bank.

You need to understand that PED is not real money, it's only virtual and no different from any items tt value.

But when you DECAY something, thats another story, couse then your total tt value decreases. But even here MA dont get more money unless you deposit, they just owe you less to pay back if you choose to withdraw

Last edited:
If I repair my cloths I move value from my PED card to my cloths, I still have the same total tt value on my ava.

Let's just do some calculations :D

You have pants "X" at TT value 10.00 ped full TT is 20.00 peds
Your ped card total is 100 peds.
Total value being 110.00 Peds

Step 01 : You repair you pants to full TT
Pants TT value is now 20.00 Peds
Ped Card is now 90.00 Peds
Total value being 110.00 Peds

Step 02 : You equip unequip your pants 100 times
Total decay cost 2.00 Peds
Pants TT value is now 18.00 Peds
Ped Card is still 90.00 Peds
Total value being 108.00 Peds

So real or virtual You will NEVER get those 2.00 peds back

The problem here is that we are FORCED to unequip certain clothes when we want to equip an armor (pants,hats,shoes) and we are charged 2 times as the armor also decays.

Why should i remove my pants before equiping my armor ? I did not had to doit before.

Why should my armor decay just by equiping it ?

Why should i pay taxes in a virtual world as there are already enough IRL.

I don't care about the 2 pecs decay, i care about the principle.

yes Arkonen, (refering to your 2 steps) did I say anything else in my post? Im talking about repair not decay, alltou I did mention at the end that decay is another story.

Im not gonna explain my self more after this post here, what I am reacting too is that ppl say: "I wont repair my cloths and give MA my money"

Bottom line is that they allready have your money! And wont get more unless you deposit. If you loose money in game they just owe you less, they dont get more.

kkthxbye... *pof* Kujo is out of this thread...

The Bottom Line

Bottom Line Kujo

You keep using this line in your post very loosely
"Kujo writes -You need to understand that PED is not real money, it's only virtual and no different from any items tt value."

What is real Money? Money in real life is nothing more but a
"Value"
What is Virtual Money a Value with in that Virtual space or World

This is the Definition of the Term Money from "Dictionary.com"

1. any circulating medium of exchange, including coins, paper money, and demand deposits.
2. paper money.
3. gold, silver, or other metal in pieces of convenient form stamped by public authority and issued as a medium of exchange and measure of value.
4. any article or substance used as a medium of exchange, measure of wealth, or means of payment, as checks on demand deposit or cowrie.

PEDs can be obtain by Deposit and in many cases demand deposit
PED with in the Realm of Project Entropia or Entropia Universe is the Medium of Exchange.

Definition 4 explains any article or substance used as a medium of exchange,

PEDs with in PE/EU is the Measure of Wealth or its used as a Means of Payment

Everything in PE/EU has a Value which is base on PEDs.

If a person can deposit real life money into a Virtual World, and obtain
X amount of PEDs and then Withdraw from X amount of PEDs and obtain
real life money, that is no different from utilizing any other article that
is considered a "Medium of Exchange".
The key word here is I can "withdraw" real
capitol by having so many PEDs from a world where PEDs is the
Medium of Exchange.

The key to this is $10 dollars = $100 PEDs as MA states

What really makes your point incorrect is the fact that anyone can
Withdraw real money.
If its not real money, then I'm not suppose to be able to
withdraw real money back. Yes it is Virtual Money, but the bottom line
is with in the realm of Entropia Universe PEDs is money.

This late comment you made here concerning PEDs
Kujo writes - "it's only virtual and no different from any items tt value."

I'm not going to even comment on that unless you comment.

Done with this

ReVeaL

Last edited:
And has anyone seen less lag yet? I know it takes a week or two for the dust to settle, but this vu is BS.

287 ped for me....that is Hard...If I knew this was comming I would have been putting ped into my cloths a long time ago...
Now Cloths are like armor...
I dont like it one bit.
I miss my dark greeen =(

repair = NONE for me. I gave my clothes away the first day of the VU in disgust at being blamed the lag. :mad:

And as for decay in use? NONE I hunt with no armor now, or clothes :laugh:

Bottom Line Kujo

You keep using this line in your post very loosely
"Kujo writes -You need to understand that PED is not real money, it's only virtual and no different from any items tt value."

What is real Money? Money in real life is nothing more but a
"Value"
What is Virtual Money a Value with in that Virtual space or World

This is the Definition of the Term Money from "Dictionary.com"

1. any circulating medium of exchange, including coins, paper money, and demand deposits.
2. paper money.
3. gold, silver, or other metal in pieces of convenient form stamped by public authority and issued as a medium of exchange and measure of value.
4. any article or substance used as a medium of exchange, measure of wealth, or means of payment, as checks on demand deposit or cowrie.

PEDs can be obtain by Deposit and in many cases demand deposit
PED with in the Realm of Project Entropia or Entropia Universe is the Medium of Exchange.

Definition 4 explains any article or substance used as a medium of exchange,

PEDs with in PE/EU is the Measure of Wealth or its used as a Means of Payment

Everything in PE/EU has a Value which is base on PEDs.

If a person can deposit real life money into a Virtual World, and obtain
X amount of PEDs and then Withdraw from X amount of PEDs and obtain
real life money, that is no different from utilizing any other article that
is considered a "Medium of Exchange".
The key word here is I can "withdraw" real
capitol by having so many PEDs from a world where PEDs is the
Medium of Exchange.

The key to this is $10 dollars = $100 PEDs as MA states

What really makes your point incorrect is the fact that anyone can
Withdraw real money.
If its not real money, then I'm not suppose to be able to
withdraw real money back. Yes it is Virtual Money, but the bottom line
is with in the realm of Entropia Universe PEDs is money.

This late comment you made here concerning PEDs
Kujo writes - "it's only virtual and no different from any items tt value."

I'm not going to even comment on that unless you comment.

Done with this

ReVeaL

*pof* back ><

you dont agree that MA allready has our money?

you think that if its on your PED card MA cant touch it (dont get intrest from thier bank)?

you think MA gets more money if you repair an item? (not talking about when you decay it)

this above is what I was talking about in the last post, the other stuff is just interpretations that everyone can feel free to do with thiere own perspectives.

I wont depate the tt value thing either couse that is to complex due to ingame markup...

Bottom line for me still is that MA allready has our money. In this bold statement the definition of what PEDs are is not that important.

Current total: 14.477Ped

ReVeaL:

To have your "looking" as before it will cost you money to repair those clothes.
Imagin you hunt for 100$/month (means you loose that money, which is normal for most mid-lvl players i guess).
Now you need to repair your clothes for 100$, this means, if you like to go on as usual, you need to deposit 100$ extra.
Those 100$ will be bound to EU in your clothes to the day you or someone else trashes them in the TT. (Looking at the MA system its no diff. if you sell them to somebody else, they will only care if you trash them.)

You will not be able to use or easly withdraw that money "inside" your clothes. The only use will be to pay that 2pec decay to MA.
You will not get % from your bank for that 100$, MA will get those %.

It might not sound like big money, but at the total it will be a nice amount for MA and MA can be sure that this money will not be withdrawn quickly.
Just take a look at those numbers i posted in this thread and you will see that its more that greed to "force" us to repair the clothes & to pay those 2pec decay.

Current total: 14.477Ped

quite a nice sum we're up at . )

no change from me though

all my clothes have always been and will always be at Mint condition : )

all my clothes have always been and will always be at Mint condition : )

what, you run around only in underpants and never change them? :laugh:

~185 here ..

So total of 14 662 and counting..

Lets make a vote of it, when we reached 150 votes we can go and make a guestimation for the total playerbase.

just do

1-10
1-20
20-40
40-70
70-120
120-200
200-300
300-450
450-600
600-800
800-1100
1100-1500
1500-2000
2000-2500
2500-3000
3000+

then we take the average of all votes and multply it by lets say 5000 and see what figure comes out..

To Kujo

Kujo writes "*pof* back ><"

Glad to see you will reveal yourself again.

Kujo writes "you dont agree that MA allready has our money?"

I never agreed nor disagreed with you here.
Bottom line I'm talking about PEDs and what it is.
Mind Ark having our money is something known for years by many.
This is nothing of what I'm referring to. (Only PEDs)

Kujo writes "you think that if its on your PED card MA cant touch it (dont get intrest from thier bank)?"

MindArk gets Interest from the real Money that you give to them.
Once again with your response, this is clearly what I am not talking about here. PEDs in this game is money in Calypso. As far as your life in this realm PEDs is money

Kujo writes "you think MA gets more money if you repair an item? (not talking about when you decay it)"

I never commented to this question, nor do I care about this question.
I'm only talking about PEDs = money in Calypso period.

Kujo writes "this above is what I was talking about in the last post, the other stuff is just interpretations that everyone can feel free to do with there own perspectives."

There are no interpretations in my writings. I'm only stated facts in them, as far as PEDs = money is concern. Thats all I'm referring or talking about here.

Kujo writes "wont depate the tt value thing either couse that is to complex due to ingame markup..."

The question here is that you made a response to my statement.
As I stated before, if you respond I will respond to your sentence concerning this. That is the way this will go
Your comment about PEDs is this
"it's only virtual and no different from any items tt value. "

This is your comment concerning PEDs, stating that its Virutal and no different from any items of tt value. None of those other items in game you can withdraw from and obtain real life money directly is the keyword here.
Virtual items or tt value items you will first sale them some sort of way in game or liquidate them first to obtain PEDs.
PEDs clearly do not function like any other "tt value item" in game.
PEDs hasn't function like any other item in game since 4 years I played PE/EU.

Besides there is no item I can Deposit real money into and it will hold
a type of weight as the "Medium of Exchange" in this game.
None of those other virtual items I can have solely in my inventory.
Then base on it's value withdraw that amount in real life money.
I will have to first convert them into PEDs before I can obtain real life
money for that item. Thats the reason why most people chip out to obtain
the "Medium of Exchange" which is PED.
Then once they obtain that X amount of Peds withdraw that from this
game into real life Money.
With that said, I can only put real life money into one thing in this game that holds the "Medium of Exchange title", and that is ----- PED.
(Not tt value items)

Kujo writes "Bottom line is that they allready have your money! And wont get more unless you deposit. If you loose money in game they just owe you less, they dont get more."

your commenting to me in out of sorts. I'm only speaking of
PED or Project Entropian Dollars nothing else.

Kujo writes "Bottom line for me still is that MA allready has our money. In this bold statement the definition of what PEDs are is not that important."

Well its not important to you, but it is important to me.
Your bottom line comment stating MA already has our money is no concern to me. I only care about one comment you made mainly and
that is your use of the term "PEDs" is not money.
Yet you will state it has a "value". In which real life money has a "value"
also the "Medium of Exchange" in the world it exist in.
In Entropia Universe PEDs is the Medium of Exchange.
It fits the definition and function like money with in this Virtual realm (EU).

That is all I care about

ReVeaL

Last edited:
between my fiancee and myself our repiar bill is 983.88peds :mad:
bringing the total in this thread too 15645

last night i spoke with a friend that has been playing a long time she has quite a large wardrobe and went to check her repair bill as it was her first login since the new VU i cant remember the exact number but i can tell you it was OVER 10kpeds ill see if i can get her to post it in here

I hear you ReVeaL,

I wish you well! Live well and prosper :)

between my fiancee and myself our repiar bill is 983.88peds :mad:
bringing the total in this thread too 15645

Yikes! thats a lot! so in ukp thats around £800 from just 80 posts on here meaning on average £10 each. If there are 10,000 players active thats £100,000 transferred into clothing.

That sorts out the MD's wages if it all goes in decay within the next 12 months :D

Back