are you happy with your new avatar?

are you happy with your new avatar?

• yes, it's much better than my old one.

Votes: 107 45.5%
  • no, I prefered how I was before.

Votes: 105 44.7%
  • I don't care - it's only a bunch of pixels.

Votes: 23 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
interesting.

I look like I'm 14 and heavily medicated on happy pills.

lol I know what you mean. I took a long hard look at the screenies and avatars around me the other day and if you didnt opt for the angry look everyone looks like they are sort of vacant on prozac.

I think the lighting was skewed on Exodus because what my avatar turned out like on Calypso was nothing like what I thought it would be. I get a small chuckle when I switch the camera to my front view but I am learning to live with the new Sirhc in fact I kind of like fact he looks nothing like I do in RL and I am glad an opted for the stearn or angry look although it sometimes doesnt look convincing.

Given time, I am sure we will have different options which might bring back some of the exotic feel and variety EU had to offer before the VU. Now it will be up to the beauticians and plastic surgeons. I think just like my last Avie I won't modify him in anyway unless forced to once again.

Only thing that survived the creation process was hair style and color. Everything else got lost somehow.

As the creation process took a while about 45+ min or so I was figuring that it saved some in between settings and then applied it finally. I did hair style and color at very first and played around with the rest, till I made the finaly descisions.

Maybe there was a time limit for this creation process and with the time running out that setting was applied but not transported to the interface warning the player when we got over the time.

For me its not an isue. Always in Oj and newer botered with my look.
But - i liked to look other avatars and how they were messed up. Some were wery well done - almost artistic work specialy female avas.
And now scarry a bit to look at preteen dark brown zombies.

Well, I think the change is striking, especially when you consider that I began as a rather goofy looking redhead (no offense to red heads or goofy-looking people). However, I really do like my new avatar. I mean- just glance to the left of your screen. How could I not like that? ...much nicer than the old me, I must say...

Sincerely,
Donald

I am pretty happy with mine , but i do like the cartoon style or manga style.

But , dont fordget , the avatar expression , or face expression i dont remember exactly , will be redone in VU 9.1.
And i guess things like makup up will come , and probably som new "skin".

I dont think we can really judge avatar until 9.1 , since they are not finished yet.

I dont think we can really judge avatar until 9.1 , since they are not finished yet.
This is my thought too.

Im happy with the way Violet looks now. She no longer looks a miserable bitch chewing a wasp. I am getting tired of the "you look like a 9 year old" comments, but i guess being a short arse with pink pigtails i should expect nothing else.

This is my thought too.

Im happy with the way Violet looks now. She no longer looks a miserable bitch chewing a wasp. I am getting tired of the "you look like a 9 year old" comments, but i guess being a short arse with pink pigtails i should expect nothing else.

I had pink hair once irl... but anyway.. I bet they're just saying that Violet and are secretly sitting there cracking one off

Bluetail is dead...
Eldaran Bluetail Cyanurus had his origin from the mountainwoods in the northeastern sector on the continent Turdidae from the planet Passerina.

Bluetail was a man of the woods and steppes. He was sort of a loner and was most comfortable out in the wild, but enjoyed good company and visited settlements from time to time. As for the northeastern folks on Passerina he was tall and were quite strong. He had green eyes and silver-colored hair.
There was one odd thing with Bluetails skin though. Most of his kindsmen have lightcolored skin but Bluetail´s skin were darkish, almost like leather. Some of it because of being exposed to the elements but much herited from his mothers rare southern light-browned skin. His mothers origin was also the answer to Bluetails restlessness.

Bluetail was born may 25, 2004 and almost died october 9, 2007.

.... long live Bluetail!
Thanks to modern science, it was possible to save Bluetails life. However it did take several operations and even some plastic surgery to patch together his face after the horrible hunting accident. Today Bluetail has fully recovered and is actually in even better physical condition then before.

"I miss my old body, but I survived and that is what counts. Over time I will learn to live with my new appearance... And about my haircut. I have been thinking of cutting it off for a long time now and this was a perfect time to do it" Bluetail says.

adopt, adapt and improve...

Last edited:
Not sure if I had allready posted to a "do you like your new ava" thread but here it goes.

Hell yea , I like it:yay:

One thing I miss is my crown that I was pretty fond off but damn I look hot now, got myself the two tails cut , combine this with a droplet skirt and blond hair color , and you have the "real" barbie of EU , forget about matel ;)
am I glad I choose a female ava back in the days.

Did I mention I like my new Ava yet ?

GR

Castro

Since Ido fixed my height yesterday I'm feeling way more better :).
I'm a head taller now and my inferiority complexes are gone. :yay:

Still waiting for 9.1 though for some cool haircut :cool:

Voted Yes. The things I'm not happy about with my new avi are basically my own fault, and will be corrected thru plastic surgery.

Voted Yes. The things I'm not happy about with my new avi are basically my own fault, and will be corrected thru plastic surgery.

The same for me :)

I actually really love my ava this VU, such a big change, but I think its one for the better - alot of people became really attached to their old avatars, and now have to deal with the process of change with the new . . . personally it wasnt hard for me, because I managed to perfect my ava, exactly how I wanted her - I just want wait for the new hairstyles to come out ! Im dying for a mohawk ! :D

In the creation process I looked great, when I came out on calypso my character looked like a queer guy with a slick grin... not exactly what I made, especially the gay part..:confused:

weird that ingame isn't the same as creation...

What can i say ..... same problem here. Whats up with that??? :scratch2:

yes very happy, but then again I took my time makeing it so how could it go wrong ? :silly2: the rest of ya all are just n00bs :laugh:

I'm not quite satisfied. My eyes ended up looking silly, like some emo kid. Also my skin color became a bit too dark, the creation room lighting is just too bright compared to normal conditions. And even though I have almost the same hairstyle that I did, a little bunch of hair now sticks out to the side from my slicked back hair, contributing even more to the emo kid look. But it could have been worse... :)

yes very happy, but then again I took my time makeing it so how could it go wrong ? :silly2: the rest of ya all are just n00bs :laugh:

Hahaha Nakia... It's so true! I cant understand how people were buggering up character creation.

I also put alot of time and took care when re-inventing ultima ;)

I'd've liked to have been able to give my self non normal colouring and have more range on body manipulation. Hopefully, body implants will be available at some point in the future.

it seems quite a few people are happy with their new avatar. not that affected mine much, but I am disappointed that there wasn't much range for non-normal appearance - like akiranblade points out.

and, I still have too many almost twins running about...

If there are ppl who didnt noted, i asked in another thread if we could be able to remake our avatars and Marco stated that who remade the avatar before 9.0.2, can fill a support case asking to remake his avatar, so every1 who didnt liked the final result of the avatar and made that before that patch, fill a support case.

Posted by Marco here
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1016872&postcount=377

If there are ppl who didnt noted, i asked in another thread if we could be able to remake our avatars and Marco stated that who remade the avatar before 9.0.2, can fill a support case asking to remake his avatar, so every1 who didnt liked the final result of the avatar and made that before that patch, fill a support case.

Hmm, very intersesting to know. Although I'm perfectly happy with my ponytails I nagged for sooo long. :)
Now only that other thing I nagged for :D

Back