Coloring System, by Sarah

You did forget the 90% TT back :)
Also , i havent done the math , but i dont think there a point to use the 300 can.
I think 150 is enought.
Maybe som math people can write for fumula to find the best number of cans :)

Yes you get the tt back in ped but then you have to replace the paint again at those markups. Paint back would make far more sense.

I tried colouring with 150 cans in 3 fields with 2 x umber and 1 x yellow and I had 2 bad results so didn't try again

Yes you get the tt back in ped but then you have to replace the paint again at those markups. Paint back would make far more sense.

I tried colouring with 150 cans in 3 fields with 2 x umber and 1 x yellow and I had 2 bad results so didn't try again

I've done several attempts with 150 cans per field, even 200. And it doesn't seem like 150 cans per field is the best solution for items with three fields. It works for items with one, and two fields, but you often fail completely on those with three fields.

I've also done an attempt with 250 cans per field, on three fields. And I once failed completely on one of the fields. I think this is rather odd considering that the CoS should be 97% or so?

Sorry If I missed the info before, but havnt seen it.

I was just wondering, if I just where out to start Skilling in coloring, what
would probably be the best way now? Before (only done tiny skilling!) I used
1 can of orange each try. How you ppl think would be the best way to start
skilling right now (The lowest cost possible for skilling, not acctually colour anything).
Thanx for answers, and +rep for a great post with lots of info =)

I'd like to know this too. But low markup paints like brown and violet seem to be the thing since you get 90% back and higher tt paint seems to give higher skillgains(?). Not sure how to get optimal skillgain though, it is nearly impossible to find the paint you have learning period on to a good price.

Cheaper now!

So if someone wants me to colour 3 fields of an item Mauve the cost today will be 354 ped using the full COS and that's just for the paint.

So it's cheaper now then!

Before:
Assume 3 attempts (not bad an assumption for a 3 field item, and you still didn't get 100% CoS)
180 cans Mauve @ 2200% = 435.60 PED :yay:

and in the new system you would get the 89% of TT back!

Well from what I saw using 1 can per click does nothing for you but waste your peds. Bare min to get any kind of decent skill gain for me was 100 cans and the skill gain was very nice then. That will be totally different based on your skill level though.

Basically no one knows anymore whats best for a starting colorer except for mindark.

What I suspect though is you need to calculate how much pec you loose per click in actually TT values. The higher the loss the more skill you gain. All things are like this

I've done several attempts with 150 cans per field, even 200. And it doesn't seem like 150 cans per field is the best solution for items with three fields. It works for items with one, and two fields, but you often fail completely on those with three fields.

I've also done an attempt with 250 cans per field, on three fields. And I once failed completely on one of the fields. I think this is rather odd considering that the CoS should be 97% or so?

Maybe i am sudently lucky.
I havent make much test , but i did 6 item with 150 paint on 3 field.
4 whent out perfect colored on the 3 field , 2 had 1 field total fail.
So i guess there is still som hope.
Be carefull , do test in other town , we have allready saw 1 town where the craft or coloring server where bugged , and the number of fail was insane.
I think about the well know echidna craft bug for exemple.

Maybe i am sudently lucky.
I havent make much test , but i did 6 item with 150 paint on 3 field.
4 whent out perfect colored on the 3 field , 2 had 1 field total fail.
So i guess there is still som hope.
Be carefull , do test in other town , we have allready saw 1 town where the craft or coloring server where bugged , and the number of fail was insane.
I think about the well know echidna craft bug for exemple.

I've noticed that it usually comes out perfectly if I do two attempts with 150 cans on three fields however. What really annoys me though is when one of the fields turns out to be a complete failure, that's what I think is a bit odd.

I'm going to do more attempts later on though, to see which amount is the best. It's possible that 100 cans could be better on two fields, or such. That's yet to test I suppose.

I've noticed that it usually comes out perfectly if I do two attempts with 150 cans on three fields however. What really annoys me though is when one of the fields turns out to be a complete failure, that's what I think is a bit odd.

Interesting so in that case we may as well just stick with using 300 cans per field

Interesting so in that case we may as well just stick with using 300 cans per field
I do have got 2 fail in row with 300 cans...
I wonder if it was bad luck or a bug on the item.
Was on bono shade.

I do have got 2 fail in row with 300 cans...
I wonder if it was bad luck or a bug on the item.
Was on bono shade.

Yes, I actually did get a fail using 300 cans as well. So it feels like there's something wrong with the CoS. Here's something which really makes me feel like there's something wrong though:

So IMO it looks like coloring service is no longer worth it.

I have experimented with just 1 can.

I still have noob skills, can only do orange, yellow and blue.

I used 1 can each try and used colors that i don't have skills for. And often at second or third atempt it worked. :)

I'm finding the same as the rest of you.

I have had a few successes at 150 cans on paints that I can use with ease and yes in three fields one of them seems to fail completely.

I've also had failures with 300 cans when the indicator is clearly 100% success.

Guess a support case to MA to look into it is needed. *Runs off to write one*

Skill gains for me are almost non-existant unless I use the ones with a SIB (which are hardly on auction anymore :()

Yesterday I bought 150 cans of deep cadmium to try to color a pair of pants. I didn't set it to full color, because I wanted it to match my shirt.

I got 100% success and got most of my peds back. I bought the paint for under 110%

I am a total noob colorer, but it was allot of fun to try it out.

Just my story...

I tried lots of clicks with 1 can and got just failures, just one was a little bit success (20% or so)..

Seems like the noob colorers can do better atm :eek::eek::eek:

Great post as always Sarah +rep again for another brilliant post.

It appears as if these are going to be extremely uncommon. I believe that the lower-end paint cans are still going to continue dropping like they do, they will most likely stay at around 105 - 110%. These color enhancers are going to be rather nice to use with Dark Blue, etc, though.

I have yet to loot another one, but we'll see what happens. One question, did anyone loot one of these using less than 100 cans?

Not sure if someone answered this already, I'm just catching up with this post. I did a coloring skilling test yesterday with 50 cans of paint each time. Received 1 pigment enhancer, so yes, they are able to be gotten with smaller amounts of paints.

Also, got a lot of skillgain using 50 cans of paint per try. Might try with 100 today.

Last edited:
Not sure if someone answered this already, I'm just catching up with this post. I did a coloring skilling test yesterday with 50 cans of paint each time. Received 1 pigment enhancer, so yes, they are able to be gotten with smaller amounts of paints.

Also, got a lot of skillgain using 50 cans of paint per try. Might try with 100 today.
What color did you use , and what is your skill ?

Just thought Id post this here:

17 Oct 2007 Entropia Support:
Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments. They will be passed on to the design team. We are constantly working on improving Entropia Universe to make it an enjoyable place for all.

The coloring system was rebalanced to provide the same output from fewer paint cans compared to before, so the amount of paint in the stacks you had changed in accordance to this. http://www.entropiauniverse.com/en/rich/6891.html

Thanks for your patience and participation in Entropia Universe.

Kind regards,
Entropia Support

I had 31 black cans. I now have 10.. And it doesnt seem that would give me 1 1/2 field of black now. :(

Hi Hi All

I have done some skilling tests and holly molly can the skill gain ever vary!

What I have found so far

The more TT value that is lost ( the 1/8 of the paint tt value ) the more skill

Useing paints higher than your skill level does not seem to matter just the tt value gives the skill

At my skill level I found that useing 20 to 50 brown or 100 to 200 orange gave really good skill gains. 1.4 skill points per gain. That will be difrent depending on your skill level of course.

Using multiple fields raises the chance of getting a skill gain

For myself I found one of the best skill gains I got was on a hat putting in 100 orange in one field and 10 brown in each of the other two fields. I got a skill gain every 2 to 3 clicks and it went up pretty quick.

When doing serious coloring with 300 cans per field sometimes I get skill gains so I checked the amount on that too..

High.. Really high. sometimes 4 or 5 skill points per gain and sometimes in both coloring skills.

Hope that help and please other people post your results I for sure want to keep testing and get this all figure out fast! hehe

I want to loot a pigment enhancer!!! WAH! * cry *

Just thought Id post this here:

I had 31 black cans. I now have 10.. And it doesnt seem that would give me 1 1/2 field of black now. :(

yeah i got kinda same answer from them :(

Last edited:
What color did you use , and what is your skill ?

I used brown mainly and sometimes violet cream.

Color matching = 214
Coloring = 389
Colorer = Level 3

I know, it's low.

The coloring system was rebalanced to provide the same output from fewer paint cans compared to before

I wonder who cant do math here :scratch2:
300can, or 150 or even just 100can is LESS than 20???

Did somebody test if CoS is better with higher TT Value Paints? Maybe thats the reason?

I have done som research and it says I get more skills by doing 100 x 3 and doing that 10 times than doing 1000 x 3 one time. Any thoughts on that?

Therfore fore skilling I do 100-200 x 3....

Yes, I actually did get a fail using 300 cans as well. So it feels like there's something wrong with the CoS. Here's something which really makes me feel like there's something wrong though:

Yes I'm seriously thinking about starting a coloring business.

And I'm also think it's wrong, but what would I do?
I have used up to light green and turqoise with good result. Only using one can for each attempt, then bleach and try again. Often, not always, it works within2-5 attempts or at least 10.

I have something like 280+ in coloring, lvl 2 I think.

So with 300 cans I would have 300 chanses to succeed. Instead of blowing all the cans at the same time.

Since my pictures disapeared in the quote, I repost them.

Just to clear things out, I do almost never get any skill gains, but who cares if you don't need skill to succeed? ;)

Clear

Very clear it is .....!
thanks for this great explaning job :wtg:

Tried 1 bucket in each of the two fields of a basic pattern pant and got success for one file on the first try.

Tried 1 bucket in each of the two fields of a basic pattern pant and got success for one file on the first try.

Which color did you use?

I am the only one to experience a lot of fail with turquoise ?

I coloured a Cognac Coat today with 2 x green fields and 1 x violet cream with 300 cans in each so 100% COS and 1 violet cream field totally failed :mad:

Something can't be right somewhere :scratch2:

outstanding post .. to everyone.

i have now been able to update MY color list (including the cornsilk) .. and i am hoping that i can collect more skills quickly .. i was sooo close to umber before .. now it is just that much further out of my grasp. (sigh) ..

my best results were using 50-100 cans of paint for each field. and i was able to loot 1 enhancer (sorry, was coloring 1 item several times - forget what exact combination i had at the time.). i am having the folks bring their paints to color their items.. and not charging fee. because most folks are asking for the colors that i can already use (mauve and lower). i have rarely gotten poor results. but, can happen.

most of my difficulty coloring tends to be with mob leathers .. some like certain paint .. others do not ..

will try to keep posted.. thankyou for all teh new info ..

Back