Armor Deterioration Changes

And I am back from my vacation. I didn't think that it would be warmer here than in real life, but I am ready.

In the future MA will convey more information about changes and upgrades before hand and have discussions about it. I will also make sure that the MA mission statement/vision will be made available in the next couple of weeks, to present how and why MA do things and what we intend to create, long-term.

Can I please have a hug before I get flamed? ,-)

Big Hugs... welcome Back Marco :)

What will be next. I can still see it for there are lots of things with health bars not yet taxed. EVERYTHING in your apartment.Every tool,weapon, fap etc. They will all be next.

You bet :money:

Xen sig
The new project will permit up to 7 million concurrent users logged into the virtual universe with an overall aim to attract some 150 million users from all over the world. -25 May 2007
The increased detail of armor and clothing will demand more system performance. In an attempt to stave off a lag increase, a deterioration of 2 PEC per item has been introduced when equipping garments and armor. -9 Oct 2007

+rep those sig quotes alone :)

Yes, a quick-fix will come in VU 9.0.2, where the middle mouse button functions as change aim-/cursor-mode. In a future TBD VU we will add customization to mouse buttons, as many mice today has a gazillion buttons.

I hope you don't remove the function when you hold down the scroll wheel while in cursor mode and zoomed out from your avatar and can move your mouse to pan your view around. :umn:

• Decay on clothes? Fine. Many of us were expecting it anyway.
  • New piece of armor? Fine. We'll deal with it.
  • Decay equipping armor? Unacceptable at any price.

Simple.

I agree with this post 110%. I don't really care about the clothes decay. Seriously, how often do people change their clothes :) But this does open up possibilities for future VU's, like (L) clothes. I think that this would not harm the tailors but help them in the future then they start dropping (L) clothes BPs. I don't think it'll take that long to implement either. However, MA needs to fix the bugs that unequip various clothes pieces...that's just not right.

New armor piece.....big deal. The only real issue is for the PoE sets. It's an additional armor piece.....it's not really the end of the world people. I think that EU should extend the time period to allow players to try to get the foot guards though. I think an increase in the grace period would show that MA is willing to compromise with the player base since they threw us a curveball.

The armor decay is WRONG!!!! Completely remove it!!!! Hunters and sometimes miners where armor in their day to day business and equip it MUCH MUCH more often than clothes are equipped. If the lag worries MA so much INCREASE the equip time using the hot keys....big hairy deal. I think that everyone would rather have a MUCH longer reload rate than pay decay on something that MA makes enough cash on from decay.

Come on Marco...step up to the plate and LISTEN to the community for once

If we get back the ability to toggle aim/cursor mode from the mouse (any button i dont care), you will get a hug marco ;)

What about alot of looted clothes which have seen their color changed or bugged !? shirt which have not the same color as the pants have or should have like in the previous VU, just to name a few, white shirt which looks grey.. Maze shirt which has dark wine instead of dark red color, white show grey and light orange.. dark orange.., black boots showing grey and "black", pulsar which used to be white black and steel blue is now purple and white (quasar pants color WTF ?!) maze pants female same bug as the maze shirt male, purple shirt pinkish aswell with many other color bug..

I'm sure you can do some test on your own with different looted clothes set and see that something is wrong with the color code on some of them !

Any comment about this ?..

They should make a "try on clothes" preview function, so we can try on clothes in a shop to see how they look before buying, or experiment with combinations of clothes we own before committing to one combination.

What an extraordinary suggestion! I LIKE IT. It would alleviate some of the problems people are running into now. + rep for you.

Somehow it's heartwarming to read MA doesn't only fail to communicate with their players. Here's a beer, and welcome to the low levels of us common folk, big guy :beerchug: :D

It must sure suck to come back from a vacation to this, though.

Here's my solution for the clothing thingy:

There'd be a very easy way for MA to remove any thoughts that this is just another way to get people's money.

Make all clothes have a TT value of 1 PED, and unable to decay. No need to burden the servers with heavy calculations on how many threads to show have loosened, no need to calculate which part of the jacket should be torn, or where a patch should appear on the clothes to indicate they have been sewn.

Add whichever value over 1 PED people had on their clothes to their PED card. Added bonus: People will go on spending sprees.

The only disadvantage to this would be tailors would have far more trouble gloabbling, though that can be fixed by making sure that even though the clothes are worth exactly 1 PED, what now is extra TT would be given back as residue.

Everybody'd have nice looking clothes, lag reduced, people happy, MA happy, VF gets a mod fap for coming up with the idea. I only see positives, to be honest.

In case you do want to add the decay anyway, make the max TT still be 1 ped, or perhaps a max of 5 ped or so. That would ensure the situation remains reasonable for tailors and clothes hoggers, while still generating plenty of income for MA, and with people still being able to look their best without having to drop hundreds of PEDs.

They can't do that, then the mall owners would get far less tax from clothing shops. ;)

Meh, it's still a stupid tax, and the premise behind it was still insulting, and there's still so many things you guys have to appologize for.

However, while I won't hold my breath, I hope this is a sign you people are getting a clue in the field of customer relations.

Anxiously awaits "tomorrow" for more Marco info... :rolleyes:

I would like to point out a positive to all this

Now that clothes need to have a certain level of % fixed to have a good look it makes clothes sellers have even footing and it alowes the tt+ to have a real use.

This also makes it so skilled tailors who craft items at a higher TT get a real benefit from their skills because they need to fix their clothes less before sale.

Also this makes having a global on tailoring an even better thing! before you get a full TT pant and you toss right in the TT because you cant sell it. Now your full TT clothes you lucky crated still have their tt+ value!

At the beginning there is a little pain to us all to fix up our stocks and collections but in the long run this makes things better for the tailor and colorer. And in a way for the customer too after all the clothes are gorgeous!

And Besides. I have had better sales in the last 3 days than in months! My clothes on display is so beautiful now I almost had tears that the things I make and color are so pretty now. i am so looking forward to the new things we get to do very soon with the wools and latex they were talking about! More customizable items? OH YES GIMME I WANT!!!

* happy kitten *

well done MA

Well done MA, I'm sure this is much appreciated :)

and hugz for Marco :d

They can't do that, then the mall owners would get far less tax from clothing shops. ;)

Shop taxes are on markup only, so this would have no direct effect. Indirectly it would probably increase sales, though.

[sarcasm]
Yay!!! :yay: Marco is back!! Now he can go to our defense against the evil MA overlords....
[/sarcasm]

Sorry Marco... I gotta call BullShit on this... You've done it for years... Coming in and telling the playerbase just enough to let them think you are going to bat for them... But in reality, you are simply the front man for the con game... I'll concede to you that there plenty of people who believe everything that comes from your keyboard is the gospel truth, but you've been saying the same things for so long that the veneer is wearing thin....

Any player who really thinks that Marco didn't know ALL of the changes that were going to be introduced and has to talk to the developers about them after the fact deserves to be the victim of the "Armor Upgrade" scam that has just been run on them.

Sooo... once again you play "Good Cop, Bad Cop" (take a lot and give back little) and the players think you are their hero... When really you are simply the bag man..

Ah, yes.

3 people Vs. the rest of the registered participants... Tough choice, for sure :p If this was prison, the mall owners'd be the bitch.

I never considered that, though. Hmm. Does this mean no mod fap for teh VF?

3 people who spent a bunch of money on the game. You know how that works, VF. :)

...The deterioration of 'Unlimited' armor parts has been reduced to 1 PEC per equip. MindArk wish to differentiate between Limited and Unlimited armor series. Hunters now have the added dimension of weighting the advantages and disadvantages of using an all-round protective armor which doesn't need to be changed as often, or using special armors that protect against specific damage types. This compliments the economic balance MindArk strive to achieve in regards to armors...

Welcome back Marco and reps for trying to find the middle ground :thumbup:

But if this is a compromise, it should be a full one.

What about to lower Clothes Wear Tax also to 1 PEC per use ???

I think that would be more reasonable and most of the participants (though not very happy and with grinding teeth) would be able to accept this kind of deal.

Shop taxes are on markup only, so this would have no direct effect. Indirectly it would probably increase sales, though.

Ah, yes, you are right, I forgot that. I retract that statement then.

Then lowering the tt would increase sales and things could even be sold at a higher markup and at the same time lower total cost. But I doubt they'd do it.

Ok, so I'm not charged when my hat and shades are removed by equipping my helmet. My shoes won't be either if I ever loot a friggin' set of boots. But how about when I put them back on? If MA takes the clothing off of me, should I get to put it back on for free? If a piece of clothing is forcibly removed, it should carry a one-time "re-equip for free" card - for every time it's forcibly removed. Those items weren't forcibly removed before the VU so the only reason to do it now is to tax.

Sooo... once again you play "Good Cop, Bad Cop" (take a lot and give back little)

This was widely expected :rolleyes:

Marco: Welcome back from your vacation, I hope you had a good one and I for one appreciate the input you've given so far, +rep to you.

However, it does concern me that every time there is a major change to EU, you always seem to be on vacation. I know that when I go on vacation it's essential that somebody covers my work while i'm gone, and with the amount of money MA are raking in, surely the company can afford to put someone else in your place while you're on leave. I think MA could do a lot more for community relations than they currently do. A lot of your customers are very frustated right now, and if you or somebody else had been around from the get-go, I think a lot of the negative feelings could have been quelled very early, instead of letting them stew over a week. You've lost some big depositers due to this poor communication, and i'm sure there are many more that will see anything you could do now as too little, too late. Obviously many people are upset about the changes made in VU9, I just think as a company that is out to make money, you have shot yourself in the foot not only by the changes themselves (which I hope you'll explain further in the coming days), but by the lack of PR associated with them.

I look forward to reading your replies when you next log on. Good luck and don't take any of it personally.

Alexa Hardicus Barrish.

Welcome back Marco *hug*

I wasnt that bothered in the first place, but its still nice to hear the comunity has been listened to on this :)

Hoping for more of the same in the future! (The listening to participants, not the angry mobs!!) :D

[sarcasm]
Yay!!! :yay: Marco is back!! Now he can go to our defense against the evil MA overlords....
[/sarcasm]

Sorry Marco... I gotta call BullShit on this... You've done it for years... Coming in and telling the playerbase just enough to let them think you are going to bat for them... But in reality, you are simply the front man for the con game... I'll concede to you that there plenty of people who believe everything that comes from your keyboard is the gospel truth, but you've been saying the same things for so long that the veneer is wearing thin....

Any player who really thinks that Marco didn't know ALL of the changes that were going to be introduced and has to talk to the developers about them after the fact deserves to be the victim of the "Armor Upgrade" scam that has just been run on them.

Sooo... once again you play "Good Cop, Bad Cop" (take a lot and give back little) and the players think you are their hero... When really you are simply the bag man..

Why do you think he goes on vacation when he's needed most?

All I get from all of this is Marco is not doing the job he is "supposed" to be doing. For all the good he seems to have done, go back on vacition...

No hug here.

U can say anything u want LAG problems are YOUR problems, u have to solve them WITHOUT making players pay for it

We are all aware that u are a company and are searching for Profit, but this is an HUGE mistake.

Since 3 years i m playing , u imagined LOT more how to extract our peds and placing fee everywhere than u improved the game.

During that time, we have NOTHING new to do ingame since 1year + when event system has been added, or beauty stuff or taming...

But during that time: AUCTION FEE X 10, Loots /10, ammos on loots,ads fee, event insane fees, Banks, Malls, Every new stuff added is a way to extract money in a way or in an other. All this was acceptable coz it was a new service that had his Cost.

BUT the line is crossed, u now want to extract money From people that equip stuff???? what u want> everyone that never remove his armor ? so where is the social part? use of clothes?

Ok its only 1 pec... but whats NEXT? weapon equiping fee?? teleporting fee? connecting Fee ?

It's still time, u showed that u can hear us, so dont hesitate to do more.

Welcome back Marco *hug*

I wasnt that bothered in the first place, but its still nice to hear the comunity has been listened to on this :)

Hoping for more of the same in the future! (The listening to participants, not the angry mobs!!) :D

They didn't listen to anyone, they planned this from the start. They knew exactly the kind of uproar they would get if they instituted a 1 pec tax for equipping clothing and armor. So the bright marketing boys said "Make it a 2 pec tax, then we can 'listen' and knock it back down to the 1 pec tax we planned all along. The stupid ones will thank us and pay the tax."

Hi Marco,

Welcome back from your vacation.

I am still gathering info about the foot guards and before I know more I will refrain from comments. I hope to comment tomorrow. I hope you understand.

That quote is not a sign of a well planned VU. I would have expected you of all people to be aware of major upcoming changes.

Assuming you were somewhat aware of whats coming in this VU, you should have been able to predict the firestorm that would have erupted and have allocated someone well prepared to handle it, or made it such that your vacation time does not intersect with VU so that you are around to handle it.

Saying that PoE armor owners will have more info later seems to indicate that MA did not have any thoughts about them at all till the questions started after VU.

Or else, as you stated in your earlier post in this thread (about informing us better, discussing things, etc), you would have been able to immediately say something now to remove the uncertainty.

You also stated that the 2 pec decay will be removed for unlimited armor (how can you even have such a decay on an item which cannot be repaired in the first place is something that boogles the mind.), and unlimited armor will have the decay reduced to 1 pec with some additional time being required to equip it.

If additional delays in armor equipping can reduce lag, why not add more delay so that it does not require any decay at all? Am sure we do not mind having to wait even 15 secs (or longer) to armor up before we go for a hunting run. As it is, armor is something which can be expected to decay daily thru normal use. This "lag fee" does not seem to be sensible in any manner at all.

You changed the right mouse click functionality - and now you also state that middle mouse click will be changed due to that. You seem to have broken one thing, and breaking something else to fix it now.

Why not leave it well alone when it's not broken and everyone is used to it?

Am looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
AJ

Back