EFD Store Maintenance

Status

Site Admin
Admin
I am currently upgrading the EFD store software.

Please do not be alarmed if any forum functions relating to EFDs, gifts, custom user title settings etc. are not working. All data has been saved, and all EFD features will be restored shortly.

Many of the features of the EFD store are already working:

Donate
Bank
Lottery
Icon Shop

Links to all of these can be found in the Quick Links menu of the navigation bar at the top of every EF page.

As for username/title customizations and other features, that will take a bit more time, as I am waiting for the release of the addon package to enable such features in the new EFD system.

I expect that to be within 3-4 weeks or so.

However other EFD features that do not depend on the release of that addon may be added before then.

Subscribe to this thread for updates.

***Update Log***
_______________________________________________​

EFD Lottery & Donations Instructions

EFD Gift Icon System Restored

of course I saw this after it said I didn't have permission for this action....LOL. always check the new posts first.;)

daaaarn ... :silly2:
i PMed moderator for this :laugh:

I freaked out for a second...WHERE ARE MY EFD!!! I said, oh well, hope it's up and running again soon :)

you sneaky you :laugh:

it said credits where it says efd now...lol nice one

4% a month is pretty neat, but i am not stoked about paying 1% to put EFD in my savings, nor 1% to remove it. i tend to deposit my efd daily but i think i will stop doing that so frequently :)

also will i be able to purchase stuff in the shop without transfering? to even look at the shop items one would have to have the efd to spend outside of the bank. i don't want to pay 1% to just window shop :(

4% a month is pretty neat, but i am not stoked about paying 1% to put EFD in my savings, nor 1% to remove it.

Where did you find those Infos?
Dunno if I will use bank anymore if I have to pay for depositing / withdraw EFD .. :scratch2:

:rofl:

I was on my user cp and saw I had 13515 efds .. then I went to new posts and it changed to 13520 ... Just to make sure my eyes did not trick me, I went back to user cp again through the link in the head menu ... 13515 ... I went back to the new posts with the link in the head menu .... 13520 ... I went back to user cp and refreshed the site ... 13515 ... I gave up and worked a little came back and now my efds are 13525 both places :silly2:

Thank you Lootius!

(while reading this it changed to 3240.81275 HAHAHAHHA :D )

woot.jpg

Last edited:
There may be some odd behavior with the display of EFDs while I am tinkering with the new settings ;)

All EFD data is intact and double backed up, so no need to worry.

Also, EFDs are still being awarded and counted during this upgrade, so members are still receiving EFDs for forum activities.

Thanks for the info 711 ;)

are we paying for pm's now ?

I have less and less EFD after each send today

Angel

Bank said:
Minimum savings of 500 EFD required for 1% interest every 30 days. Deposits require pending time of 1 days before interest accrues, or a 1% early withdrawal fee applies. Deposits may be moderated. Maximum savings of 100,000 EFD allowed. Transaction fee of 1% applies on all transfers.

Can anyone please translate this to english? English as in "well, I'm no native speaker of that funny language" kind of way?

Please. Thanks.

There have clearly been some changes to the bank and efd in general. I realise that at the moment, maintenance is ongoing.

Once maintenance is complete please can you post a thread explaining the new rules/how efd and the bank now works.

Also if there is a penalty for withdrawing which has been introduced without warning, will we get an amnesty to withdraw without penalty if we do so before a certain date?

(Btw the richest users looks way wrong - surely bertha and alice should figure there somewhere? And yes I know - maintenance is ongoing :) )

Thanks

4% a month is pretty neat, but i am not stoked about paying 1% to put EFD in my savings, nor 1% to remove it. i tend to deposit my efd daily but i think i will stop doing that so frequently :)

also will i be able to purchase stuff in the shop without transfering? to even look at the shop items one would have to have the efd to spend outside of the bank. i don't want to pay 1% to just window shop :(

I am still in the process of configuring all the settings in the new and improved EFD system. Many of the settings you see now are default settings, and will be adjusted.

are we paying for pm's now ?

I have less and less EFD after each send today

Angel

See my reply above.

Can anyone please translate this to english? English as in "well, I'm no native speaker of that funny language" kind of way?

Please. Thanks.

This text is the default. I will edit it so that it is more clear once all the settings and configurations are finalized.

There have clearly been some changes to the bank and efd in general. I realise that at the moment, maintenance is ongoing.

Once maintenance is complete please can you post a thread explaining the new rules/how efd and the bank now works.

I will of course post a comprehensive guide of all the new and altered EFD features. But first I need to finish the upgrades and configurations ;)

(Btw the richest users looks way wrong - surely bertha and alice should figure there somewhere? And yes I know - maintenance is ongoing :) )

Thanks

There is a bug in the richest users list which results in sorting based on EFD checking balance rather than the (checking+savings) balance. I have reported this bug to the programmers, and it should be fixed shortly.

Bertha Bot and forum admins (myself and MindBuster) have been excluded from the richest users list, so that the list reflects only members.

***Notes***
One feature I can point out is that the EFD balance you see under your avatar image in a post (and in the Welcome Box at the top right of every forum page) reflects your total EFD balance (checking+savings). Clicking on the [Manage] link will direct you to the EFD bank, where you can deposit or withdraw EFDs from you savings account.

I still have lots of work to do on finalizing the new EFD system, but you can try out the new Lottery features ;)

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/credits.php?do=manage

There are now two types of drawings:

Lottery : Members select a number between 1 and 10000 and enter it in the 'Drawing Number' field. This field is pre-populated with a random number for convenience, but you are free to change it to your 'lucky' number if you like. A winning number is randomly drawn once per day (at 5 am MA time) or once per week for the weekly drawing. If no member has chosen the winning number, the jackpot rolls over to the next drawing. If multiple members have chosen the winning number, the jackpot is split equally among the winners. The software will display how many tickets you hold for the next drawing, and your chance of winning (# of tickets / 10000). The chance of winning for each ticket purchased is 1:10000.

Raffle: This works in the same way as the old EFD lottery. Members purchase tickets. Each day (at 5 am MA time) a purchased ticket is selected at random, and the jackpot is awarded. The software will display how many tickets you hold for the next drawing, and your chance of winning (this is dynamic, depending on how many other tickets have been sold. As there is always a winner in the raffle drawings, prizes are not rolled over.

The maximum number of tickets members can purchase for any individual drawing is 25.

The Donate function is also working properly, so members can still transfer EFDs to one another during this maintenance period.

Links to both the banking and donate/drawings section can be found in the navigation menu in the left column of the User CP

Enjoy, and thanks for your patience! :cool:

Default settings said:
Maximum savings of 100,000 EFD allowed

Will this cap be raised? By how much? :dunno:

I like the efd system, as it is a way for me to earn a few peds for ingame use other than sweating (when I finally get around to selling my 11k and growing efd's). I wonder if it was necessary to add the 1%fee for transfers? Is that what you meant by default settings that will be changed? You didn't specifically adress this issue.
Thanks again for the system 711 and +rep;)

Originally Posted by Bank
Minimum savings of 500 EFD required for 1% interest every 30 days. Deposits require pending time of 1 days before interest accrues, or a 1% early withdrawal fee applies. Deposits may be moderated. Maximum savings of 100,000 EFD allowed. Transaction fee of 1% applies on all transfers.
lol?

edit, never mind

edit2

sounds a bit like a nerf with game money
"nah, your monopoly money is worth the half now!"
funny :p

the transaction fee hurts :D

besides, do we have to pay decay when we take the clothes off as well now?

and will the gifts i had be replaced, or i get the EFD back for them?

i would also like a feature to just show the EFD which isn't in the bank ^^

edit 3

any reason given for the 100k on bank max?
i mean, where is the fun to collect them when you cant place them on the bank even?

i think its lame
oki, i have most, ofc i had to say that, but still
it isn't fair and doesn't seem to have a useful reason

kinda like clothes and armor decay?
maybe it reduces the lag while transfering EFD, huh?

Last edited:
To the starter of this thread, dont worry i think the EFD system works perfectly :)

so, I get my colered user title back then :scratch2:

oh noooooooo

i cant shop!!!! whats a girl to do????

Hmm, the arcade seems ot be missing too :(

Any ETA when the EFD upgrades will be completed, I see things coming and going still...ie...the donate efd's seem to not be available atm.

Just want to make sure its still part of the new feature upgrades and not something im missing on my end.

Regards,

NS

:cool:

I think I just shoved all EFD I had in the bank. It's all I ever tend to do with it anyway. May have just donated it to save the penguin for all I know.

See these new features seem to have increased the site's lag. That at least seems in line with current trends.

I'm sure EFD are very important...can I use them to pay for a contract to kill off those horrible folders that have appeared at the left of my user CP?

Transfer Fee for depositing EFD to bank and another fee for withdrawing them, no thanks.
My RL bank never charges any fees for depositing or withdrawing from my savings account!

I started last month selling things for EFD to build up a reasonable amount EFD in bank, but its capped now and my goal is unreachable now as I never would be allowed to deposit that amount of EFD I wanted to collect.

As this EFd system is nerved now, I stop all my EFD auctions and never will come back to it untill there are fees on bank transfers and a capped amount of EFD in bank.

I also will stop PED trades (Forumaucctions) as to execute it you need EFD to send PMs to finish the trade (meeting time and place ingame, maybe some more PMs necessary if tradepartners belong to different time zones). As PMs will cost now EFD, that will force me to spam other threads to get the EFD to send PMs as I don´t get them from posting in the forumsection I am interested in (Tradesection).
Thats real lame!

Fazit:
The new EFD system sucks and it lost its value completely to me, bad I already traded ingame items for EFD in the past. Now it looks that I simply wasted that ingame items and better had TTed it for some PED.

Transfer Fee for depositing EFD to bank and another fee for withdrawing them, no thanks.
My RL bank never charges any fees for depositing or withdrawing from my savings account!

I started last month selling things for EFD to build up a reasonable amount EFD in bank, but its capped now and my goal is unreachable now as I never would be allowed to deposit that amount of EFD I wanted to collect.

As this EFd system is nerved now, I stop all my EFD auctions and never will come back to it untill there are fees on bank transfers and a capped amount of EFD in bank.

I also will stop PED trades (Forumaucctions) as to execute it you need EFD to send PMs to finish the trade (meeting time and place ingame, maybe some more PMs necessary if tradepartners belong to different time zones). As PMs will cost now EFD, that will force me to spam other threads to get the EFD to send PMs as I don´t get them from posting in the forumsection I am interested in (Tradesection).
Thats real lame!

Fazit:
The new EFD system sucks and it lost its value completely to me, bad I already traded ingame items for EFD in the past. Now it looks that I simply wasted that ingame items and better had TTed it for some PED.

It seems you are misinformed:

There are no EFD fees to send PMs.

There are also no fees to transfer EFDs to other members, or for banking transactions.

From the current banking page:

Minimum savings of 100.00 EFD required for 1% interest every 30 days. Deposits require pending time of 1 days before interest accrues, or a 0% early withdrawal fee applies. Deposits may be moderated. Maximum savings of 500,000.00 EFD allowed. Transaction fee of 0% applies on all transfers.

I think I just shoved all EFD I had in the bank. It's all I ever tend to do with it anyway. May have just donated it to save the penguin for all I know.

See these new features seem to have increased the site's lag. That at least seems in line with current trends.

I'm sure EFD are very important...can I use them to pay for a contract to kill off those horrible folders that have appeared at the left of my user CP?

The 'lag' on the site is not related to the new upgrades to the EFD system.

I have been doing all kinds of upgrades and maintenance over the last few days, some of which is very resource intensive on the server, and can result in momentary slower page loads.

Thats real lame!

Fazit:

lol, take it easy, afaik the EFD Store link is now linking to this thread, and 711 did so because he is configuring it and to avoid that we spent unnecessary efd's until all the configurations work was done. Also a bit to avoid that kind of reactions, i guess.

What we have seen right after the update are the default options and features of the EFD system.
I guess most of them where there before but disabled by 711.

I wouldn't expect anything else but that 711 configures it like it was before and maybe something extra.

I don't mind those icons, but again i guess those are a default.

But mind you that you can collapse that section by clicking the up arrow and never see them again until utterly needed. :wise:

Status
Back