Member Activity Ratings

Very cool indeed... and as I checked just before writing this I am #29 :wtg:

I guess I need some kind of life.... :laugh:

Only #24? I'm not buying that. There is obviously some bug in the system. :laugh:

I strongly suggest that you send a support case!

Last edited:
#89 in Forum Activeness ... you know what that means?

I got more of a live then 88 of you!

:yay::rolleyes::yay:

Hmm wonder why my activity is so low, feels like the main thing I do except being online is clicking the new post thingie here lol. Hmm I do like the invisible mode though. ahh well no more hiding for Klod...

Nice feature! It looks like I might have to work on my activity-rate however.

#14 here. :yay::yay::yay:

If I get above #10 does that mean I need to seek therapy? Or is it already too late? :scratch:

Love the idea. Really nice addition to EF!

Good job 711.

#14 here. :yay::yay::yay:

If I get above #10 does that mean I need to seek therapy? Or is it already too late? :scratch:

Not sure about therapy, but there may be some EFD prizes at some point for Top 10, Top, 20 etc. I need to think on a fair way to give everyone a chance to participate ;)

More details to come.

Hmm wonder why my activity is so low, feels like the main thing I do except being online is clicking the new post thingie here lol. Hmm I do like the invisible mode though. ahh well no more hiding for Klod...

I think that the EntropiaForum activity is like Entropia Universe proffessions. In theory it is possible to unlock Coolness with sweating, but the contribution of the skills gained are nihil. In theory it will be possible to get 100% activity by clicking every new post, but the New Post Clicking Skill doesn't contribute much to the Activity Proffession.

I can see a new goal for me now: to find out what is needed to bring up your activity and with how much effect all the things has ... before the dynamic thingy kicks in ...

Smileys are good for my Activity Proffession I hope :flip::poke::flip:

Errm, well, as the 'formulae' is secret, it seems a little odd that people who are top posters and still with over 9 posts per day that they would have piffle all Activity on the metre

<================

;)

Dammit .. looks like I'we been slacking lately .. no dare to call ME the forum-ho anymore though!!!! .... *looks at Levithanikos* tsk tsk...:rolleyes: :D

Errm, well, as the 'formulae' is secret, it seems a little odd that people who are top posters and still with over 9 posts per day that they would have piffle all Activity on the metre

Well, I have an average of 4.26 posts per day and have 2 blog entries, so that should put me way down the list, perhaps. However, I have an EF window open for 90% of the time I am sitting at my computer, so just being a viewer could give a big effect.

Well, I have an average of 4.26 posts per day and have 2 blog entries, so that should put me way down the list, perhaps. However, I have an EF window open for 90% of the time I am sitting at my computer, so just being a viewer could give a big effect.

Actually so do I ... but I would asume we need to refresh the window often ^^.. no? (gonna let this screen stay open 24/7 :wise: .. ac-mode :D )

(jk 711 .. of course ..)

Errm, well, as the 'formulae' is secret, it seems a little odd that people who are top posters and still with over 9 posts per day that they would have piffle all Activity on the metre.

As I stated, the activity meter is dynamic. Total historical post counts do not count nearly as much in the activity rating as more recent activity (e.g. within the past 6-8 weeks). Also, some activities count more than others. The system is set this way to give a fair indication of how "active" a member is.

Think of it as an "enhanced" postcount. The activity ratings would be quite meaningless (and redundant) if they simply factored total post count: imagine a member who has say 3000 posts, but hasn't visited or posted in 9 months; would you consider that an active member?

Also, the current activity rating settings allow new members to gain a respectable activity rating after a few weeks of consistent forum activity, making the system interesting and useful for everyone.

The system's purpose is to encourage positive and meaningful contribution to the community, so short replies in a thread such as "LOLZ0ROMG" carry much less weight than longer posts. Also, certain forums can be weighted more than others...

Actually so do I ... but I would asume we need to refresh the window often ^^.. no? (gonna let this screen stay open 24/7 :wise: .. ac-mode :D )

(jk 711 .. of course ..)

Repeatedly refreshing a page (or a number of different pages) will not improve your activity rating. No need to unnecessarily burden the server. :wise:

Number 3? :eek:

This says a lot about my life, and where it all went wrong.

levithanikos...safara...Oleg....you're all banned.

Thank you Jimmy, this will probably help a lot :)

Repeatedly refreshing a page (or a number of different pages) will not improve your activity rating. No need to unnecessarily burden the server. :wise:

Back to the drawing board then ... :tele:

711, Nice addition! :)

Sadly, I have not even made it on the top 100 active :laugh: Based on what a few guys above stated, does that mean I have a life? :scratch2: j/k'ing ;)

So, I have to post big post... Post often.... And post in the right areas.... Hmmm... I think I got a plan.... :silly2:

1234567890abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz!@#$%^&*()_+-=,./<>?;':"[]\{}|`~1234567890abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz!@#$%^&*()_+-=,./<>?;':"[]\{}|`~1234567890abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz!@#$%^&*()_+-=,./<>?;':"[]\{}|`~1234567890abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz!@#$%^&*()_+-=,./<>?;':"[]\{}|`~1234567890abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz!@#$%^&*()_+-=,./<>?;':"[]\{}|`~1234567890abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz!@#$%^&*()_+-=,./<>?;':"[]\{}|`~1234567890abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz!@#$%^&*()_+-=,./<>?;':"[]\{}|`~1234567890abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz!@#$%^&*()_+-=,./<>?;':"[]\{}|`~1234567890abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz!@#$%^&*()_+-=,./<>?;':"[]\{}|`~1234567890abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz!@#$%^&*()_+-=,./<>?;':"[]\{}|`~1234567890abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz!@#$%^&*()_+-=,./<>?;':"[]\{}|`~1234567890abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz!@#$%^&*()_+-=,./<>?;':"[]\{}|`~1234567890abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz!@#$%^&*()_+-=,./<>?;':"[]\{}|`~1234567890abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz!@#$%^&*()_+-=,./<>?;':"[]\{}|`~1234567890abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz!@#$%^&*()_+-=,./<>?;':"[]\{}|`~1234567890abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz!@#$%^&*()_+-=,./<>?;':"[]\{}|`~1234567890abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz!@#$%^&*()_+-=,./<>?;':"[]\{}|`~1234567890abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz!@#$%^&*()_+-=,./<>?;':"[]\{}|`~1234567890abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz!@#$%^&*()_+-=,./<>?;':"[]\{}|`~1234567890abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz!@#$%^&*()_+-=,./<>?;':"[]\{}|`~1234567890abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz!@#$%^&*()_+-=,./<>?;':"[]\{}|`~1234567890abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz!@#$%^&*()_+-=,./<>?;':"[]\{}|`~1234567890abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz!@#$%^&*()_+-=,./<>?;':"[]\{}|`~1234567890abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz!@#$%^&*()_+-=,./<>?;':"[]\{}|`~1234567890abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz!@#$%^&*()_+-=,./<>?;':"[]\{}|`~1234567890abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz!@#$%^&*()_+-=,./<>?;':"[]\{}|`~1234567890abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz!@#$%^&*()_+-=,./<>?;':"[]\{}|`~1234567890abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz!@#$%^&*()_+-=,./<>?;':"[]\{}|`~1234567890abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz!@#$%^&*()_+-=,./<>?;':"[]\{}|`~1234567890abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz!@#$%^&*()_+-=,./<>?;':"[]\{}|`~1234567890abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz!@#$%^&*()_+-=,./<>?;':"[]\{}|`~1234567890abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz!@#$%^&*()_+-=,./<>?;':"[]\{}|`~1234567890abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz!@#$%^&*()_+-=,./<>?;':"[]\{}|`~1234567890abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz!@#$%^&*()_+-=,./<>?;':"[]\{}|`~1234567890abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz!@#$%^&*()_+-=,./<>?;':"[]\{}|`~1234567890abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz!@#$%^&*()_+-=,./<>?;':"[]\{}|`~

Did that work? :laugh:

That will make you a leader of the "Top 100 Most Cruelly Banned EntropiaForum Members" list :D

:silly2: Damn, guess that was a bad idea then :laugh:

*** Runs off to think up yet another diabolical plan :evilking: ***

Not sure about therapy, but there may be some EFD prizes at some point for Top 10, Top, 20 etc. I need to think on a fair way to give everyone a chance to participate ;)

More details to come.

That would be Cool :yay:

Dammit .. looks like I'we been slacking lately .. no dare to call ME the forum-ho anymore though!!!! .... *looks at Levithanikos* tsk tsk...:rolleyes: :D

Anyone called me? :D

Hugs Lykke ^_^

Really cool feature 711 + street cred ;)

I know this isn't the right place to suggest another possible feature but what the heck...would you consider adding an EU 'Lootometer' poll and icon to the EF homepage?

Basically members of EF could post their current % hunting returns and the averaged data would influence the graphical icon (coloured bar or whatever).

Please see my blog post for further info:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/blogs/oracle/141-schizoid-scribblings-lootometer.html

then 2 posts later

now i'm comfused :scratch2:

Actually, I reversed those two, should be this:

Ratings are calculated using a predefined standard (which changes based on time parameters), and then are ranked vs. other members.

Sorry if I caused any confusion, I will edit the posts so that I don't confuse more members. :ahh:

I understand the concept 711, the tool tip when hovering over the Activity bar states that it is activity since joining the forum. This is in effect misleading.

Either it should take into account past posting trends and be known as Activity or it should only look at a few weeks of posting and be known as Recent Activity.

Just my :twocents:

I understand the concept 711, the tool tip when hovering over the Activity bar states that it is activity since joining the forum. This is in effect misleading.

Either it should take into account past posting trends and be known as Activity or it should only look at a few weeks of posting and be known as Recent Activity.

Just my :twocents:

The rating does take into account older posts, it's simply a question of relative weighting.

I see how the tooltip might be confusing, I will edit it now.

Thanks for the input :tiphat:

I realy don't get the system. This morning I had 33% almost spended all day on ef and now back to 22% :scratch2:

Think we need to crack the code :)

I realy don't get the system. This morning I had 33% almost spended all day on ef and now back to 22% :scratch2:

I added 13 blog entries and mine didn't budge. Guess it must be calculated overnight?

I added 13 blog entries and mine didn't budge. Guess it must be calculated overnight?

Many non-vital data fields (such as post and view counts on the forum index page, forum statistics, etc.) on EF are cached to increase performance and response time. These cached fields are updated at various times throughout the day, depending on the particular triggers set. All data is recorded, but the display of certain data is not always 100% real time (again, this is only for non-vital systems; obviously thread and post content, search indexes, etc. need to be real-time).

Also, because the activity system was only recently activated, it is still gathering activity data, so after a few days go by, the displayed data will be more stable and reliable.

Many non-vital data fields (such as post and view counts on the forum index page, forum statistics, etc.) on EF are cached to increase performance and response time. These cached fields are updated at various times throughout the day, depending on the particular triggers set. All data is recorded, but the display of certain data is not always 100% real time (again, this is only for non-vital systems; obviously thread and post content, search indexes, etc. need to be real-time).

Also, because the activity system was only recently activated, it is still gathering activity data, so after a few days go by, the displayed data will be more stable and reliable.

Thx for fast reasponse. I will need to have some pations :D

Is it looking at what has has happened in the last few weeks, or did it just start today and will work from here on?

Edit: Also if I hover my mouse over my own activity rating it says I have achived 41% of the maximum activity. If I look on the high-score list I have 26,7%. It's the same for everyone else; levithanikos is 63% to 38,8% in the list. What's the difference?

Last edited:
Back