Votes: 17 8.9%

• Total voters

P-J

Prowler
Society
Aquarius
PJ
Having been left with an avatar which is less than perfect (see:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...orially-challenged-avatar-un-pimp-my-avi.html )

I was thinking of investing a few peds in some surgery. After meeting Akbar recently in game and listening to his diplomatic comments (after he had recovered from his fit of hysterical laughter) of ‘you look like a girl’ etc I am now thinking of investing in some really serious surgery. This will mean, however, that the ped's investment in the physical makeup of P-J will be quite significant.

I was reading somewhere on the forum and other threads (I think posted by Wistrel) about the relative cost of avatars in other games. Apparently as avatars are personalized in other games and players invest money into their avatars they then trade the Avatars (as a side comment its the only place where women's appearance cost's less than males).

Now I know that officially MA frown on this idea of selling avatars, however, have either allowed the sale of avatars under some circumstances or seem to have ‘turned a blind eye’.

Given that we are now investing in the physical make-up of the avatars (size etc) – should MA allow us to sell them (to recoup our ‘investment’) or is this a horrible mercenary response.

Last edited:
Ma should allow us!
All I can say about this right now ^^

-Bee

I personaly don't think you should be able to sell your avatar or buy someone elses... you can already chip out or in... and there is cosmetic surgery avail for those who require it... I dunno... I've just become very attached to my avatar and would never sell myself. :) That being said, maybe I could rent myself out for a couple of hours LOL (pavement hostess maybe? lol)

Now I know that officially MA frown on this idea of selling avatars

Ive never seen MA's official stance as frowning on the idea in the least....they only frown on deals made "outside" of the official game parameters. If want to know their "true" stance on the matter, write a support case and tell them you would be willing to do it there in their offices (isnt the first time it has been done), and I think you will be quite surprised at their response.

Officially, it isnt so much "what" you do, but rather "how" you do it.

Ive never seen MA's official stance as frowning on the idea in the least....they only frown on deals made "outside" of the official game parameters. If want to know their "true" stance on the matter, write a support case and tell them you would be willing to do it there in their offices (isnt the first time it has been done), and I think you will be quite surprised at their response.

Officially, it isnt so much "what" you do, but rather "how" you do it.

Yep MA have allowed a few players to do this, however, the inital response is and always has been that this isn't allowed. An interesting paradox.

'The practice' is also fairly easy if you live 100 yards from MA's offices, however, kind of difficult if you live in Australia lol.

I was kind of more interested in the way in which people identify with their avatar. Reading a few people's post on this issue (e.g MS9's temporary or permanent withdrawal (or reduced input) into the forum over this issue of the change to avi's or the post from someone who said 'my avi is me and I am my avi') some people identify closely with their avi while others don't.

I think selling your avatar is a bad thing. An avatar needs to be personal and not soled like a product.
Also if you sell your avatar you take over someones name and reputation.
Maybe the only possibility ma must give us to sell all the skills of your avatar.
The buyer can then create a new avater whit the same skills.
But MA will never do that because of the $$. By chipping out ma already loos money.
If you can sell all your skills in one the losses of MA would go up very vast ;)
That's why I voted NO.
But you never now EU is dynamic :D

Yes, but there should be a legal contract.
The buyer and seller should sign it. The price for avatar should go in a trusted account. MA account. And when all papers are in order, MA can transfer all ID to a new person. Eventualy change the name of the avatar to the name choosed by the new owner. EU is virtual economy. We invest in our avatars and is normal to have the ability to sell them or buy them. MA can put a fee for all this job and set a minimum transaction cost to a sum that will not make this procedure very atractive for people that practicaly have nothing to sale.

Reactions: P-J
I voted yes, as the avatar represents a property after all. Also there should be some regulations in case of RL death, where avatar ownership could be transfered to living relatives or according to the owner`s will(think Neverdie also asked for this in the past).

The buyer and seller should sign it. The price for avatar should go in a trusted account. MA account. And when all papers are in order, MA can transfer all ID to a new person. Eventualy change the name of the avatar to the name choosed by the new owner. EU is virtual economy. We invest in our avatars and is normal to have the ability to sell them or buy them. MA can put a fee for all this job and set a minimum transaction cost to a sum that will not make this procedure very atractive for people that practicaly have nothing to sale.

that would be a good way how to do it ...even MA would have something out of it (with avatar transfer fee)

No ...

WE allready seen changes.. MANY changes in this VU .... so what could happen in the future? Change your face , body type because the new VU and new Cryengine will come... and will change it again :laugh:

So what is the point, making possible to sell your Avi ..Because it is your "perfect" outlook creation?

No thanks

my 1 last pec

Demonikos :tiphat:

No just you don’t chip the skills and give % for ESI’s + I think that I well know avatar that was sold not long ago that we now all know about so why not;)

Didn't vote...
You get more usable poll results if the poll options are neutral. ;)

I voted yes because i think it should be possible but at the same time no :D'

it would be so much easier to just sell the whole ava than auction every single item or auction it on ef and then chip the skills and find buyers for that. Selling the whole ava would go muchfaster, but every ava in game has there own reputation and line of friends and most often people that know a little bit of the ava but not them sell in fact. If MA could implement something that resets the ava´s FL/name and diferent map locs it would clear out the problems i mentioned but i think MA has no idea of doing that :D

Just a little bit of my thoughts and lousy english.. hehe

I think it should be allowed.

People will hate me for this, but it could be a good way for MA to make a couple of dollars more in the process. They could charge a fee for being the middle man in the transaction. Though, i think the friend list and the avatar name should be changed after the transaction, so that the new owner is forced to build his own reputation.

Hey MA, more money for you guys, i think it's a great idea! :)

Simple NO...

Capital 'N', captial 'O'.

Any person who says different is not part of the community...

...and I did not check posts before saying this.

I wanted to say No, but then I tried to imagine that I'm going to leave (what I believe will never occur). Well, possibility to sell the entire avatar could be more convenient than to chip out, not saying that I can't chip out everything. Anyway, people should have an option. What we are afraid of? Incoming of ubernoobs swarms? They're already here with all this chipping. I don't think that selling of avatars would put us in any additional troubles.

The only thing about our avatar that we cant sell in auction is attributes. I dont think we should be able to sell a whole avatar with skills attached as people get to know an avatar. If a person leaves the avatar should as well. If an avatar was sold how would people who interact with them know about it, would leave open the possibility to scam. Maybe MA could make it so that attributes could be sold like all the other skills. However i have mixed feelings about this as it is one way to tell if someone really has spent time skilling. It could also be the way for MA to reward the people with time invested.

I dont think we should be able to sell a whole avatar with skills attached as people get to know an avatar. If a person leaves the avatar should as well. If an avatar was sold how would people who interact with them know about it, would leave open the possibility to scam.

It's easy. For the sold avatar should be implemented a mandatory purification procedure on first login: full avatar redesign with a new name entering, emptying of friendlist and so on.

Selling PE avatar :
-200k skills
-120 agility
-Level 18 4 Strength 4 Stam Leather Belt
etc.

Buy now for $ and I send you loginname and password via email...

I voted yes, as the avatar represents a property after all. Also there should be some regulations in case of RL death, where avatar ownership could be transfered to living relatives or according to the owner`s will(think Neverdie also asked for this in the past).

Yes, this was an interesting case to say the least. :rolleyes: Island Girl's account was considered by MA to be an "asset" which ND had ownership of with MA's consent and approval, even though it was widely stated by MA (Marco in particular (do forum search)) that it was against the EULA for anyone to own more than one account. This went on for quite some time, as we all know the IG account was able to own and operate a land area and actively participate on the auction/etc. Clearly a case of an MA sanctioned "dual account". Sometime last year the preferential treatment was no longer extended to him and ND was told by MA that he had to "retire" his extra account (also available thru forum search).

So by this example I do not think that a single player is "openly" allowed to own a dual account, whether by estate asset transfer or otherwise.

I agree with this, some type of contract and inuput of new owners info.

Dont make the attributes chippable Agility, Strength, Intel...ect and it brings up the value of the AV.

For true investors in the game, it doesnt really seem too fair for their assets in game to be liquidated straight to MA, if for some reason they can no longer continue to play.

The only really weird thing I see about this idea is that there will be AV's over 100years old at some point.

Would it be more acceptable if the Avi name had to change when it was sold...so you bought the shell of the Avi, however, not the residual reputation or people's perception of the trustworthness etc of the Avi?

Would it be more acceptable if the Avi name had to change when it was sold...so you bought the shell of the Avi, however, not the residual reputation or people's perception of the trustworthness etc of the Avi?

I would think this would make it more acceptable. So if "XXX blah blah" avatar get sold to a potential scammer he cannot use the same built up trust associated with that avatars name.

I still voted no. Avatars should not be sold. MA implemented skill chips which transfers the skills of any person's avatar wishing to leave. These chips funnel off 10% of skills and make MA a nice "Chunk O change" in decay. If a 200k total skill avatar sold out today 20K :eek: skills would decay as well. I think the buying and selling of avatars would cause them more headaches and customer relation issues while skill chips are sort of hands free.

I would rather MA deal with enhancing EU and fixing it rather than broker avatar sales. Now if they commisioned another company to work out the deals that might make me change my mind but MA would have to endorse it.

Yes, I own the ava, I should be able to sell it. This also helps the community because if I quit, there are no more deposits for my ava. If I sell the ava to someone, they will make deposits through a semi-skilled ava. It doesn't hurt anyone that I can think of. Skills will still be chipable and valuable. The name of the ava should be changed during the sell and the FL should be wiped and soc attachment removed.

My two animal oil residue (recently known as two pecs ;))

Not completely sold.

On the sale of avatars question;

In the case of an avatar being sold the following should happen
  • Avatar Name gets wiped. Name cannot be reused by this avatar.
  • Society info gets wiped
  • TP list remains
  • any property avatar holds remains
  • Avatar must go through the avatar creation process starting with the default Avatar
  • Fee for exchange would be the same ped as if all skills ( and attributes if they were also chippable ) were chipped out.

So the sale of the avatar would be an express chipping. No problems with people thinking it was "the other guy". It would effectively be a new avatar with better skills.

ANOTHER idea.

While this might make MA more peds and make US less peds on chipped skills, why does MA not sell a "basic hunter" avatar which has some basic hunting skills built in, or a "basic miner". Use the same idea as Mentor ship, you can do it until you reach a certain level ( of course if you wait too long they are just more expensive skills )

This would kick start peoples experience in EU and I think people would be more likely to kick start their avatar with a small deposit to MA then figure out how to go chip the required skills in.

Art

On the sale of avatars question;

In the case of an avatar being sold the following should happen
  • Avatar Name gets wiped. Name cannot be reused by this avatar.
  • Society info gets wiped
  • TP list remains
  • any property avatar holds remains
  • Avatar must go through the avatar creation process starting with the default Avatar
  • Fee for exchange would be the same ped as if all skills ( and attributes if they were also chippable ) were chipped out.

So the sale of the avatar would be an express chipping. No problems with people thinking it was "the other guy". It would effectively be a new avatar with better skills.

ANOTHER idea.

While this might make MA more peds and make US less peds on chipped skills, why does MA not sell a "basic hunter" avatar which has some basic hunting skills built in, or a "basic miner". Use the same idea as Mentor ship, you can do it until you reach a certain level ( of course if you wait too long they are just more expensive skills )

This would kick start peoples experience in EU and I think people would be more likely to kick start their avatar with a small deposit to MA then figure out how to go chip the required skills in.

Art

I like it. Or MA could just sell Uber Avi's too, get whom ever has the cash to just start killing Spiders right away.

Oh and I would sell my Avi in a heartbeat if I was leaving the game. I look at my avi as an investment, all my hunting/mining losses that get converted to skills, all of my properties, and items. If and when I decide I want to leave I would like the option of selling my avi as a whole. I can imagine the sales threads now...

Emery

Back