Moneta Bank Comments

I've been doing some research into the regulatory side of things, because I continue to be dumbfounded by the number of untapped opportunities, even beyond those you've already mentioned.

What I've been finding out so far is:

1. Regulatory and Oversight - is less restrictive in the US than Sweden, but since EU is based there, the more restrictive requirements apply. This could be circumvented by having servers in the US (and other countries as well), but could generate a tax liability (or two), as well additional overhead costs (such as FDIC Insurance for US-based).

2. Operating as a "Credit Union" would have less regulatory concerns, however credit unions have little standing in multi-national financial networks.

It might be the better route to do something akin to this, and thereby circumvent tax laws*, regulatory restrictions and oversight committees, as an LLC (Limited Liability Corporation) making investments in established, offline investment firms, and paying interest privately, with the initial tax liability falling on the LLC.

However, to make this sort of "private investment banking" workable, contracts would need be drawn and signed by all parties involved, to ensure the enforceability of applicable local and international policies.**

* Circumvent, in this case, is not intended to imply any form of tax-evasion, but rather a means of limiting the tax liability to a single entity for sake of day-to-day operation.

** Hence the move to a one-world currency, while convenient, is a near-impossibility due to - yep, you guessed it, one too many lawyers.

LoL, true. Although I would point out that the array of currencies in the world (more accurately, their various central banks) allows world markets IDEALLY to function better, since after all, if the whole world is booming and China's busting, either the rest of the world would get kicked into inflation by Chinese-friendly moves by the global central bank or China would continue to suffer whilst the world rode on ahead of it. Not to say this is entirely a bad thing: like all markets, if life (business) in China is bad, the BEST response economically is to go where life (business) is good-someplace else. However, getting a global currency AND global freedom of immigration...now THAT would be a trick you'll only see on Star Trek....

Not sure if this is the right place, cos don't often wonder into the bank area... but here goes.

scenario, theres a LA on auction, with a 300K buy out bid. i am un able to depo that amount for what ever reason but would hate to miss out.

In the future do you think, would i be able to take out a 300K ped loan from the bank against the LA deed... to pay it back there could be either a auto system or manual system were i pay you X peds each week/month. i miss a payment or two and you can auto take the deed back, and offer no refund for the peds i have payed so far. meaning if the price drops you do not lose... loands could be done on deal to deal basics making sure the item isn't over priced etc.

i think people would be happy to pay maybe 30% ( me anyway :)) meaning a cool 90K ped profit after max for like 4 years or what ever number of years for doing nothing.

this system could work for anything armour, tools, weapons etc. and until they have payed the money back you can remove/take the item back at any point, making i highly safe.

this is a purely do you think sorta post btw...

so to fund for such investments the banks could open up bank accounts for people. if you were making 30% interest on each of these big loans, you could easily offer 5% interest for people money (which makes the other thing work) and still make a nice profit.

just an idea, to see what people think the banks will offer in a few years time.

Last edited:
In the future do you think, would i be able to take out a 300K ped loan from the bank against the LA deed... to pay it back there could be either a auto system or manual system were i pay you X peds each week/month. i miss a payment or two and you can auto take the deed back, and offer no refund for the peds i have payed so far. meaning if the price drops you do not lose... loands could be done on deal to deal basics making sure the item isn't over priced etc.

i think people would be happy to pay maybe 30% ( me anyway :)) meaning a cool 90K ped profit after max for like 4 years or what ever number of years for doing nothing.

Someone just laughed, but Ill try to point out the pitfalls:

1) Noone will sell LA for the right price ATM. Since they are risky investment - price of the LA should be:
(daily income - dnas * 15) * 365 * 4 = around 90k PED, for a LA with daily income of about 120 ped and 4 maintained DNA on it (which is about average I think)

2) If someone offered me a CASH credit for 7.5% APR - Id take it IRL - screw LAs and other mumbojumbo, basically APR in my country is around 12% for CASH

3) You can earn more than 30% in 4 yrs doing nothing by putting your money in your country issued bonds or margin credit loans. This money basically isnt in danger of crisis and other mumbojumbo since its basically short term and well funded.

4) ... and most important - which bank do you think HAS 300k PED to loan out :laugh: they run outta cash on 200 ped loans. The fact they are called banks doesnt really mean theres money in them... cmon I call my dog Bugsy and dont expect him to join Cosa nostra and start earning millions :laugh:

I.

A bit dissapointed

...ok...it was only a summer offering, but I really liked those 30 days in the loan terms.
A flexible term would be very nice, sometimes it can take a bit until some new cash arrives.
Well, I hope for a nice x-mas offer now :D

...ok...it was only a summer offering, but I really liked those 30 days in the loan terms.
A flexible term would be very nice, sometimes it can take a bit until some new cash arrives.
Well, I hope for a nice x-mas offer now :D

X-mas came early for you. :)

X-mas came early for you. :)

Yep, that is more like it :D
It financed a nice night for me :D
The updated rates should be really posted, I personally always found those 15 days inconvenient.

Someone just laughed, but Ill try to point out the pitfalls:

1) Noone will sell LA for the right price ATM. Since they are risky investment - price of the LA should be:
(daily income - dnas * 15) * 365 * 4 = around 90k PED, for a LA with daily income of about 120 ped and 4 maintained DNA on it (which is about average I think)

I would try to get hold of a LA because it makes some money and is really cool, if i lose 100K ped over night it will hurt me but i would not count it as a loss because the LA will make it make back.

Maybe it's a silly question... but what's happening with the Banks??

I explain...
I used to go sometimes to the Bank in Argus.. in the first times, the interests were quite faire (even if a bit high) and OBJECTS where prices a bit lower than the market price which was fair enough...

I took back some weeks ago some stuffs that I had at the bank and I noticed that now the interests hare rised up to 50% and the objects are always 90% of their value... !!!

In those conditions no one will never use it...
Had a look on the other banks... quite same thing for the markup prices...

If banks don't become Player friendly... I guess that players will never more use them..

Yep, that is more like it :D
It financed a nice night for me :D
The updated rates should be really posted, I personally always found those 15 days inconvenient.

Anyone got a loan currently with Moneta, and if so, what is the time allowed? Last one I had was definately a month, just paid it off last week of February, but I apparently just lost items in my last one that was no more than a week (hoping on MA support and Moneta to find this was actually a bug or mistake, it could not have been even remotely 15 days). I checked around the threads here and don't see anything posted that shows clearly the longer times on offer again after the holidays.

They changed the loan conditions quite a bit, was down to 7 days a week ago.

They changed the loan conditions quite a bit, was down to 7 days a week ago.

Ok, completely my fault then I guess, having had a month long one, paying that off, and not noticing the next one a day or so later had changed the terms that badly :( Must take the loss I guess, but it's a big one and so no more banks for me, stupid mistake on my part for sure, just with nothing posted here I admit it never occurred to me it changed that much that fast.

Ok, completely my fault then I guess, having had a month long one, paying that off, and not noticing the next one a day or so later had changed the terms that badly :( Must take the loss I guess, but it's a big one and so no more banks for me, stupid mistake on my part for sure, just with nothing posted here I admit it never occurred to me it changed that much that fast.

Actually it changed twice since january, was two weeks inbetween.

Just so everyone knows...

Moneta Bank is stopping issuing any new loans, reason we kept shortening our loan length term.

The system doesn't offer any "plug off" feature that is why we have to go trough this process this way.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

As for the questions: Why, What, When... etc. All Banks operations are currently on Hold.

Moneta Bank is stopping issuing any new loans, reason we kept shortening our loan length term.

The system doesn't offer any "plug off" feature that is why we have to go trough this process this way.

As for the questions: Why, What, When... etc. All Banks operations are currently on Hold.

ouch :scratch2:

I don't think Bank operations ever really started

"market prices keep dropping and people keep leaving items in our vault"

:scratch2:

I just wanted to say a plus rep to Moneta, as he worked with me and helped me out of the jam I got into from not reading the fine print. I wish him the best of luck, not many would have bothered :thumbup:

Ooops forget what I said, wrong bank. Thank god. :ahh:

Jamhot

Last edited:
Back