where are the promised footguards?

Lugzan

Elite
Society
The Maniacs
J- Lugzan M-
so, they were promised to be in loot frequently enough and we all get them before 9.1. many have said that there was not enough of them in loot and I kind of agree with them. 90% of those I know online did not complete all their sets, far from that - the only thing actually in loot was pixie and some lucky ones got vigi in best case, jaguar and better is but a legend via this forum, very few got that lucky. we were told it will not be about luck, we were told there will be enough in loot...

long story short - WE DEMAND THE PROMISED FOOTGUARDS!!!

J.

P.S. to all the MA officials and "officials" : you know it was done in an unfair way to your customer, and I don't think it's very polite from your side. do you believe, after you act like that, we will do better? get photorealistic!

I'm sorry but this just drives me nuts. There's been incessant whining about this from day 1 of VU 9.0.

Maybe I'm in the fortunate position of being able to solo most mobs ingame, but I didn't spend the 2 months of the VU hunting Atrox for the Jag feet I needed, or Bristles for my Gremlin, etc. I picked mobs I knew were dropping feet, and sold those for way way way more than I needed for all my sets of armour. I even budgeted for PoE, but luckily I didn't need to buy those.

IMHO I feel that most people who feel hard done by, just didn't adapt to the situation. Every VU the most important thing is being able to adapt.

(prepares for the flaming and -reps)

no need to whine and we don't do that. we just ask for MA to act fair to the customer and keep their promises. of course we would adapt if that would be true. adapting to bend over is not our wish, that's ist.

J.

I have managed to loot pixie and goblin footguards but it does seem to be the case that a lot of other varieties of footguard are as common as Eomon dung.

Now that our footsies need to be protected from Atrox treading on them, I can only join the people who would like to see an increased droprate.

Uh oh that kind of thread is what normally gets me started... Dont dont dont dont start me...

I'm sorry but this just drives me nuts. There's been incessant whining about this from day 1 of VU 9.0.

Maybe I'm in the fortunate position of being able to solo most mobs ingame, but I didn't spend the 2 months of the VU hunting Atrox for the Jag feet I needed, or Bristles for my Gremlin, etc. I picked mobs I knew were dropping feet, and sold those for way way way more than I needed for all my sets of armour. I even budgeted for PoE, but luckily I didn't need to buy those.

IMHO I feel that most people who feel hard done by, just didn't adapt to the situation. Every VU the most important thing is being able to adapt.

I adapted, tried all mobs that drops feet up to shadow and solo killed minimum 500 of each of those, 500 hogglos (didnt find justification for losing more peds than that), 1.000 warriors, 10-15 second entity, 50 falx, 5.000 (at least) trox, 1.000 neconus, 10.000 agros, and 50 exo stalkers - and looted 3 pair of pixie footguards...

no need to whine and we don't do that. we just ask for MA to act fair to the customer and keep their promises. of course we would adapt if that would be true. adapting to bend over is not our wish, that's ist.
J.

Agree +rep

Please correct me if Im wrong but they didnt supply any UL Ghost Bps and only a few L Ghost Bps so the prices were skyhigh... Even if I wanted to cough up +250ped for a pair of limited feet I can't because they seem to be sold out.. A lot of people use Ghost, pisses me off that we all have to wear plated pixie/whatever

i think the problem is that even where people did try to adapt, they have had little success. if you need shogun or pixie or other commonly dropped armour, then fine. If you needed Nemesis, Jaguar, Angel etc, then only a few dropped. one would have expected the drop rate to be quite high at least for a while. But it seems you are no more likly to loot jag foot guards than jag harness. I was very fortunate to get some angel feet, but subsequent weeks of hunting drones and warriors did not drop any nemesis. As for Ghost and other crafted armours, the implementation there just outright sucks and helps neither the crafter or the hunter.

I hunted Hogglio, which were dropping Shadow, for about two hours almost every day, as soon as MA announced that footguards would be required. When a friend alerted me that kretlins had also dropped Shadow foot guards, I camped them as well. Again, I made a point of hunting for several hours and ~500k ammo x 2 each time.
But.... I still don't have a set of Shadow foot guards to go with my once-complete set of Shadow armor. And while I was camping those Hogglios and kretlins, there were a number of other friends and acquaintences doing the same thing, and none of them looted Shadow footguards either.
Yes, some were looted; but I'm upset that it really looks like not nearly enough of the higher end armor footguards were put into the loot pool. So Avery, I don't think its accurate to say that most people managed to get footguards before the new VU and new damage area was implemented.

I'm still in the same situation I was when the first announcement came out and the first pair of Shadow footguards was looted: I can pay over 1400 Euros to complete a set of armor that was already complete, or I can take crits on my toes that occasionally kill me.

I completely agree with you that doing well in EU meamns thinking fast on your feet and adapting on the fly; but I'm still steamed over the foot guards. For owners of rare armor, I don't think MA acted fairly.

Ok so here is my view:
1 Looted Footguards for higher than gremlin - BIG BS (a few fortunate found some the rest will have to pay big or w8 months for someone to loot them and pay k's of peds for them)
2 If there were enough that the ghost footguards woulb be everywere as that is the most comon armor ingame (just my oppinion)

So if even the ones who MA could easy control (drop enough Ghost footguards BP and i dont think all crafters would stick together just to keep price high, dont get me wrong but i dont think ghost should be at the same price as Bear ....) it is no surprise to me that everyone who has good armors have problems finding Footguards.

DROP THOSE FOOTGUARDS MA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And for those lucky who found their foodguards or bought them - this is not a whine, there are not enough footguards it is not like asking for imp fap for everyone, the footguards are needed by everyone and just cant go at hogs with pixie footguards because that is the only one that is droping enough

Well I could live with ghost footguards for now...

Since it apparently takes MA a shizloong time to figure out what button to push to drop me my jaguar foots

I picked mobs I knew were dropping feet, and sold those for way way way more than I needed for all my sets of armour. I even budgeted for PoE, but luckily I didn't need to buy those.

Do you mind share info, how one can see from a mob if it is dropping feets or not? You must be only one who can see that. And now when you know it, don't be surprised that other ppl have real difficulties to get those &%"¤#& feets. Luck is not an adaptation issue.

And I think everyone who has been in EU over 5 VUs, and still is here, have "adapted" well. But all ppl don't eat every bit of sh** which is offered.

Has been said sevaral times ... Footguars are not dropping ennough...

If you introduce a piece of armour late and it's still more likely to loot any other part of the armour more often than the feet, then I do not see how you can possibly satisfy demand.

It is a big fat blow into the face of people who once had a complete set of armour... I don't think this is fair from MA ...

Well, here is my take on these matter:

Like all who "whine" according to the lucky FEW; I tried to be modest at 1st... hunted the damn bristlehogs 24/7 for the lousy gremlin footguards, dunno how many ammo went in them.. but approx. 300$ worth of ammo.. no friggin cheap footguards droped... except 1 female part after a few days.:laugh:
Ok, you would say "for 300$ you could buy them damn angel footies almost...lol" well yeah.. ur right, but then why would then MA say that the footies are dropping more nowdays?! Not sure but, can this be called irony or pure stupidity or w/e?! I wanna play the damn game, not search and fight on auction for the damn items. And with that pay extra to some re-sellin scum eventually.
I wont even describe how went the latest hunts on neconu/warrior up at Zeus... as you can imagine it was more expensive than bristles.:silly2:

Anyhow... one learns stuff, not by others experience but from his own "mistakes". So I guess, all is left to do is to change the way I play... gotta figure out what new way of playing will still be fun for my ass.:scratch2:

Cheers all!

Robo:smoke:

Well a good example for showing how well suplied we are with the footgaurds is starman dent. I have no numbers or nothing but just check the fall hunting thred he have had over 750 globals and no feetsies ? Is that an good suply ? me my self i have at the best looted nemesis F the day after 9.0 but after those shoes it was totally stop for the exetion of pixie then :D

yo

I Second that!

MA needs to hear about the low droprate of Jaguar-Shadows FG, so pls also send them supportcases about it :)

// FluidHat

i was about to make a comment here but then i realised you guys probly just hunt more seriusly then i do and dont get stuck in a town chating. so i wont :rolleyes:

But as from what it seems to me theres never been a bad thing with a bit "over-flow" of some part of armor sets, that is a way to guarantee people that has the sets to be able to buy one or loot one for a fair price, and if it would happend that someone loots them that didnt have the set befor, but wanted it, its surely a good start to complete the whole set over time, rather the the oposit. people are lacking footguards and are not able to play as they used to one VU ago :scratch2:

Hey hey !

Dont worry that much.

I still have all ur footguards in my storage but i cant provide all off u in the same time.

Regards,

J.

This has undoubtedly been the single best VU ever for looting items. I don't understand why more people didn't take advantage of it. I can understand people at a certain level would battle to kill most of the mobs that dropped tons of shoes; but any team of 3 people with ML-35s or similar could have made an easy 5K PED each of markup on Boar shoes alone.

Also, if you got a Falx team together early, you would have been able to sell the first few pairs for 1k+, even 1.5k+. And believe me, they were dropping a lot. With not that many people hunting Falx, they still dropped around 200 pairs.

And Wormie, you could just check auction history on items in auction to learn which shoes are dropping the most.

Even without my Shadow and Angel loots (those are lucky drops IMO), I could have paid for shoes for all my armour sets, and still had way more than enough for paying for PoE if MA had made another decision of what to do with them.

There were very many opportunities this VU for everyone. Ambu had a few days of dropping a lot of Tbird, Hispis dropping Viking, etc. Even Gremlin Shoes off Bristles. If you watched things carefully enough and hunted them intensely when they started dropping them regularly, you could have made a packet.

DISCLAIMER: I don't for one second imply that this was handled perfectly. I think MA should only made Shoes necessary around 9.3. That would have given people ample time for acquiring their shoes.

Last edited:
Maybe it's a better philosophy to get MindArk to publish a list of avatar names who are hoarding feets.

Then you could all chase them around chanting and cursing with your pitch forks in the air... lol

Avery, you are one of the level that profits constantly already (which I have nothing against, we all wish to be "there") and even if you wouldn't loot the boots you need, you can afford to buy them, correct me if I'm wrong.

J.

This has undoubtedly been the single best VU ever for looting items. I don't understand why more people didn't take advantage of it. I can understand people at a certain level would battle to kill most of the mobs that dropped tons of shoes; but any team of 3 people with ML-35s or similar could have made an easy 5K PED each of markup on Boar shoes alone.

Also, if you got a Falx team together early, you would have been able to sell the first few pairs for 1k+, even 1.5k+. And believe me, they were dropping a lot. With not that many people hunting Falx, they still dropped around 200 pairs.

And Wormie, you could just check auction history on items in auction to learn which shoes are dropping the most.

Even without my Shadow and Angel loots (those are lucky drops IMO), I could have paid for shoes for all my armour sets, and still had way more than enough for paying for PoE if MA had made another decision of what to do with them.

There were very many opportunities this VU for everyone. Ambu had a few days of dropping a lot of Tbird, Hispis dropping Viking, etc. Even Gremlin Shoes off Bristles. If you watched things carefully enough and hunted them intensely when they started dropping them regularly, you could have made a packet.

Thats plain BS

I can do falx solo and even fap my way out of it with HL6 and Jaguar+5b on me - I didnt do that, as I required an jaguar or better footguard, didnt want to do total uber mobs like falx - max was hogglo

So as stated earleir I sure as hell tried every aspect of looting footguards, solo..

Since Im "I loot what I need" type of guy, that lives from the land and not reselling my loots unless I don't need them - I wouldn't have hunted for things I didnt need.

When hispidus, ambu and so forth were dropping (seemed it was when jag also dropped), I was constantly doing troxs and neconus.

Madman and my soc sure knows how many hrs a day I spent on uber, medium and tiny trox... Without any drops - thats at least 100hrs spent alone hunting trox...

Reactions: P-J
I always think "BS" mean "Beauty & Success". Pardon me if im wrong:ahh:

Lol OK ! im out :)

Avery, you are one of the level that profits constantly already (which I have nothing against, we all wish to be "there") and even if you wouldn't loot the boots you need, you can afford to buy them, correct me if I'm wrong.

J.

That is true, but what I stay still stands. Every VU provides changes that almost anyone can profit from. It doesn't always require good skills or uber gear. I just don't think people look hard enough as to how they can make profit from the changes MA makes. One often has to react quickly to a number of changes though.

I understand some people are upset about Shoes, and in some cases understandly so. It's just there usually is a solution; and the whole idea behind PE is to find those solutions for ourselves ;) That is the crux of what makes people successful.

I was smart and read between the lines in EF.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/general-discussion/89460-tiny-chat-marco.html

There was a topic where Marco of MA told that the VU was only 1 or 2 weeks after he posted it.
I stopped hunting for those footguards and bought last week all my footguards on auction (pixi, goblin, rascal and nemmie) and also one 5B plating.
I had a feeling that the prices raise, after the VU coming out.

Luckely I have the footguards i need to make full sets, and at a bottom price.

But I must say, it was more fun when I looted those my self instead.
And I also agree that it's not fair that there are less footguards then demand.

greetings.

bigdeal

Last edited:
That is true, but what I stay still stands. Every VU provides changes that almost anyone can profit from. It doesn't always require good skills or uber gear. I just don't think people look hard enough as to how they can make profit from the changes MA makes. One often has to react quickly to a number of changes though.

I understand some people are upset about Shoes, and in some cases understandly so. It's just there usually is a solution; and the whole idea behind PE is to find those solutions for ourselves ;) That is the crux of what makes people successful.

With all due respect Avery, how can you say such a thing? You have no comparison for how hard it is these days to come to terms with low level skills at the current VU environment. Things are not as they used to be...

I am not a big skill player but very soon I gave up trying to loot my Angel/Jag feet... but I did not even manage to loot Rascal or Pixie feet for that instance. I looted 3 pairs of pixie feet Female... and that's it ... in the same time I looted tons of other Pixie and Rascal stuff ... but no more feet...

Well I could live with ghost footguards for now...

Since it apparently takes MA a shizloong time to figure out what button to push to drop me my jaguar foots

How noble of you " ohh unlucky one " ;)

luckily i managed to loot a pair for my viking armor pretty fast :)

i tried hunting falx for my boar armor, but they are abit too hard for me to hunt solo. i think i gave up after 20 falx or so :rolleyes:
at that rate it would be cheaper for me to buy the foot guards instead, but i am not too keen on paying tt+600-1500 to "recomplete" my set.

i could hunt in a team, but i would still have to pay for most of it anyways if we were to loot one.

so now i have to stick to no armor or a low end armor for my hunting. i will probably save alot of money since i have to stop hunting tougher mobs.
my average losses will hopefully go down from 1500-2000 ped per month to 500-1000, so in a way i should be thankfull :laugh: MA will give me a silent uber a month from now on:yay:

I picked mobs I knew were dropping feet, and sold those for way way way more than I needed for all my sets of armour.

so did I. I spent weeks and significant money in a high decay environment. total number of foot-guards, of any type, that I looted: zero.

you should be grateful for your luck and feel fortunate that you could use it to finance what you wanted to do. unfortuately, the vast majority of us were not so blessed.

I even budgeted for PoE, but luckily I didn't need to buy those.

...and you received a nice gift with a huge market value, as well.

Avery is right, although he decided to be submissive about the situation.

What it comes down to is this... You can try to persuade MA to do what logically should have been done in the first place, or you can try to adapt and do what Avery did. Sure, it is possible to loot other sets of foot guards and sell them to other players for way more than they are probably worth. You could eventually take these profits and just buy the foot guards you need. I would have done this, but it would have required forcing many other unfortunate players without foot guards to buy them from me for unfair markups.

When someone walks up behind you and bends you over, you can either adapt and quickly lube up your cornhole, or you can turn around and clock him in the jaw. Sure, clocking him in the jaw might still end with an ass raping, but at least you know you tried to protect your anal virginity. In this case though, MA provided the lube themselves by drastically reducing the decay on high end armor sets. Thanks, now that the pain is gone it's just humiliation.

Sorry for the crude analogy, but there is no other accurate way to portray the situation. Call me a whiner, call me complainer... I'll eventually get my foot guards someday. If MA hadn't kept the whole foot guards thing a secret until they were released I might not be so angry. If MA hadn't promised they would drop enough before the VU when they were required I also wouldn't be so angry. If MA hadn't already done many things like this in the past to me...

Oh well. Looks like MA won this fight. All of you who were silent because it didn't affect you... Just wait. MA will come along and nerf your main activity soon, forcing you to shell out more money just to be able to keep doing the same thing you have been doing. When that day comes, I will only stop into your thread to tell you to stop whining. I'll stop now, since there are too many lubers and not enough fighters in EU.

support case sent concerning not client friendly implementation of footguards (including quote being enough in loot before 9.1), suggestions how it should have been done in a fair way to all players, plus a note that if the manager who made the decision not to hand them out free to everyone (at least to full set owners) or letting enough into loot before 9.1 needs replacement, I'm open for offers.

in the name of the community,

J.

damn, forgot to add in the end that they can leave me out if everyone else gets them for free...

Back