Ghost Armour Protection

Dude

Alpha
Society
OBSIDIAN
Roscoe Dude Gentry
I need some help. First let me say I use ghost with 5A no foot guards at all. Before the VU I could take Armax up to provider and hardly ever had to FAP . Now after VU I have to FAP with young mature old . The young hit me for 1 point up to 20 point . Provider hit me from 15 point to 80 .
The same for Trox. A Trox old hit me 3 times in a row all for around 25 each. I damn near died.
Having said all that. Does the foot guards make that big of a diffference in protection now or has MA decreased the protection ghost gives.

I may have to go back to my noob days and hunt exo young.
Any thoughts or theorys would be welcome .

As a side note non of the hits were Crits all just regular hits

From what i gather each mob can hit you on your various areas Harness/head/arms/shins/thighs/gloves/feet, with a chance of hitting you there.

I think the chance to hit the feet is around 13% and as you dont have any protection there it would seem that this extra damage you are taking would be down to the Mobs hitting you in your footguard area... anyone notice a change in the chance of being hit there since the VU?

Also how repaired is your armour? It offers less protection at lower TT's unless its (L) ofcourse

probably it was a temporary bug with your plates; sometimes they don't protect at all. relogging usually solves it.
i've had this bug already in VU9 (also with ghost+5a), so it might be that the bug is still there.

As been said, you need footguards now. Hunting without footguards now, is not diffrent from hunting without armguards before and im sure you werent doing that :D

Yupp, you need em... have to have em, or you have to hunt stuff small enough.

Might be the incomplete armor ?

:scratch2:Yes i noticed an increase damage hunting same mobs with same gear.
I thought it was just lag and bad moment for me but ....
If anyone have already full ghost (with foot guards) pls post if u have any differece, because i can't afford now the ghost foot guard :(

If anyone have already full ghost (with foot guards) pls post if u have any differece, because i can't afford now the ghost foot guard :(
Do you doubt that you will suffer full damage when hit on the feet? Hit chance aside, getting hit on the feet will be no different than getting hit on any other bodypart that has no protection.

poo... double post

Last edited:
at the risk of reiterating, but to drive the point home, you need foot guards. every 7th hit or so will be unprotected and take a full hit, so the example of provider hitting 15-80 seems about right.

Yeah I am in the same boat. I use ghost +5B. It's the footgards!!!

I don't have any either.:mad:

I have full ghost with footguards and it works as normal to me. But I'm not using ghost footies.
I also use vigi and the cost of ghost+vigi footies was way high, so I got some Luna footies. They dont match, but protection is about the same, maybe even better with plates. I don't care about having fashion-coordinated armor.
I think that shogun or even hunter footies with plates would help a lot, at least be a big improvement over bare feet.

go and buy a pair of paladin foot guards they are ok for the moment i use them too for now.. i guess ghost foot guard price will drop

I use Ghost with Shogun Footguards atm, but still I realize the difference a LOT.

L3xus, Paladin is a good idea.. have to look for those..

I use pixie feet as plate carriers + 4c for electric protection. Only 2 points less then ghost.

However, I have the feeling hunting bristles requires me to fap a lot more now.

no footguards = no protection when a mob stamp on your feet

ghost footguards are now around tt+400 and seems raising so buy em now :D

approx 1/7 chance of getting hit in the feet - yet, with ghost+5b (no footguards - yes, overkill) against a trox young, i was taking 20-40 dmg every 4th hit or so ... hmmmm :|

buy pioneer foot-guards, available at the armour shop in hadesheim

they cost 2 peds. plate em with 5a/5b's and you will at least have some protection. Hunt until you loot better guards.

Thanx gang

Thanx for all the advice. I do keep my gear fully repaired at all times . I believe the mobs are hitting harder. My Soc mate was on bots at Jason and experienced the same damage ( large hits from small drones ). Anyways I will pick up some feet and have a go at it again . If nothing else I will quickly build my Fapping skills ;)

After reading a myriad of threads and individual posts (as well as receiving a fair few PM's) SFE recently crafted a batch of GHOST (L) FOOTGUARDS - we had the materials handy and there is a distinct lack of them around atm.

I realise that they are L ones but its better than nothing (and they have wicked durability as well as the bonus of giving you 100% of their protection 100% of the time till they break).

Additionally we have deliberately priced them below the market price so as to bring the price down and help people out.

For more information please see this thread

screw the footguards. Buy evade instead.
No armor decay at all and you don´t even have to fap so much so that decay isn´t to bad either.

Haven´t hunted with armor since november.

But having 3 argo hunters on me at the same time is abit to much still.

This is MA we're talking about, here. I would *hardly* be surprised if mobs now favor our tootsies 50% of the time, just to necessitate our buying/wearing/repairing footguards. ;) It does seem strange to me, though, that an Atrox Guardian can scootch down low enough to nibble my toenails... :rolleyes:

screw the footguards. Buy evade instead.
No armor decay at all and you don´t even have to fap so much so that decay isn´t to bad either.

Haven´t hunted with armor since november.

But having 3 argo hunters on me at the same time is abit to much still.

What lvl evade are you and what is your HP as I was lvl 28 evader befgore I chipped out and 2 argo hunters naked would've wallopped me nevermind 3 due to the fact they do over 80 damage

This is MA we're talking about, here. I would *hardly* be surprised if mobs now favor our tootsies 50% of the time, just to necessitate our buying/wearing/repairing footguards. ;) It does seem strange to me, though, that an Atrox Guardian can scootch down low enough to nibble my toenails... :rolleyes:

The Atrox has feet just like I/you do. Perhaps he is standing on your/my toes?

That would seem physically unlikely, unless I was lying down while shooting up at him... :D And it sure seems like they enjoy stepping on our toes more often than biting us... :silly2:

I use Zombie(L) footguards with my ghost armour and will continue to do so until the ghost footie prices become a par with the rest of the armour. The zombie is very close in spec to the ghost and decay is OK.probably less than the ghost.

I use Zombie(L) footguards with my ghost armour and will continue to do so until the ghost footie prices become a par with the rest of the armour. The zombie is very close in spec to the ghost and decay is OK.probably less than the ghost.

yep, that setup is working great for me, too :) having to manually repair the plate is a bugger, though :)

After reading a myriad of threads and individual posts (as well as receiving a fair few PM's) SFE recently crafted a batch of GHOST (L) FOOTGUARDS - we had the materials handy and there is a distinct lack of them around atm.

+rep to you, sir! :yay:

Back