Make-Up by Skam

Doesnt get unequipped by armor Facemasks either, or by putting hats over it etc. :) Havent found anything that unequips it yet, and thats just lovely :D

thank god! :) I think it was done right this time ;D

I have everything needed for make-up (just the basics), and really need someone to apply it. I've tried several times, but no success because my face turns black/silver (maybe my graphics card?).

Where can I find someone to help?

Doesnt get unequipped by armor Facemasks either, or by putting hats over it etc. :) Havent found anything that unequips it yet, and thats just lovely :D

oki , that is nice :)

I have everything needed for make-up (just the basics), and really need someone to apply it. I've tried several times, but no success because my face turns black/silver (maybe my graphics card?).

Where can I find someone to help?

:wave:

You see the thread is named "Make-Up by Skam" and that Im offering to do make-up for free right? ;) So yes I can do it for you.

The gfx problems tho; Do you happen to alt-tab while doing your make-up? It seems this causes some gfx problems.

Skam, your help would be much appreciated. Where can I find you in game?

skam i send you a pm did you find it?

Very nice work SKAM,, look forward to seeing more of your creations.

For anyone trying to get hold of Skam - her router has gone pop - shes hoping to be back online soon.:(

Her access has been very limited so she may not have read all the PMs yet.

I'm sure she'll post here as soon as she has access again :D

:wave:

You see the thread is named "Make-Up by Skam" and that Im offering to do make-up for free right? ;) So yes I can do it for you.

The gfx problems tho; Do you happen to alt-tab while doing your make-up? It seems this causes some gfx problems.

yeahh EU is bugged thru :p
just dont press Alt+Tab and log off and than on again :D

Really really nice makeups Skam, after trying a easy pattern i cant be other than be amazed....

Skam or anyone else had this problem?

I made a fully painted mask with the danish flag, (all red, with white lines from forhead to chin, and ear to ear) for Doomie.
He also saw that it was paint all over and where it was supposed to be.
I added the mask and accepted and comfirmed and the transactions were made.

Trobble is that this is what ended up in the lootwindow, it lacks alooot of paint!! :confused: :scratch2:
supportcase filed too

Last edited:
Really really nice makeups Skam, after trying a easy pattern i cant be other than be amazed....

I made a fully painted mask with the danish flag, (all red, with white lines from forhead to chin, and ear to ear) for Doomie.

Trobble is that this is what ended up in the lootwindow, it lacks alooot of paint!! :confused: :scratch2:
supportcase filed too

maby I R noob but dont ya have to have some skill to make it like you want it? like painting when you dont have enough skill the clothes arent painted well..

maby I R noob but dont ya have to have some skill to make it like you want it? like painting when you dont have enough skill the clothes arent painted well..

nope u dont need skills

even a totally noob that just logged in for his first time can make a makeupface.(if he has the materials offcourse)

but then again, u deffinatly need skills irl -> steady hand, fantasy, good drawwing pen instead of mouse etc ;)

really nice make-ups Skam :)
I would need ones on me definately ^^

This has probably been said somewhere..but to refrain from going through 22 pages, what's the difference between large and small masks?:D

This has probably been said somewhere..but to refrain from going through 22 pages, what's the difference between large and small masks?:D

Thats just being lazy but i can't blame you. The answer is basically TT value. Masks are L items so if you want to change it lots, take it on and off lots then you probably want the large mask.

If you only put on a liptstick and don't really care then the small one.

Hope that makes sense :D

Maybe we could talk Scam into making a Beauty Guide of all the questions and answers here. The do's and don'ts. All in one place :)

Thats just being lazy but i can't blame you. The answer is basically TT value. Masks are L items so if you want to change it lots, take it on and off lots then you probably want the large mask.

Awesome, cheers.

So how much does a mask decay every time you change it?

supportcase filed too

This is a big problem at the moment, you need ALWAYS add the mask BEFORE you start painting. Otherwise this problem appear or it isn't any paint at all on the mask and all your colors is gone and the tranfser cost is payed.

I have also notice another problem, the Remove Rough suddenly stop working and I need to start over the whole painting again. That is really frustrated! :cdevil:

// Angey

Thank you Angelyn for the answer.

Thats really bad that you have to add the mask before. I didnt do that in case all should go wrong somehow, and i wanted to be sure that the mask wasnt spent in that case....

Havent got any answer from support yet...

yep its the tt value thats diffirent

but here is a question of my own now :

Why we dont have decay on L armor when we put them on/off but we do have decay on the mask ?

i like it that we dont get decay on the L armor (not that i wear it)
but i think we should also dont get the decay from the masks, mayby make it UL ?
then i guess more peoplle will buy a mask and change more if they change cloths or so?

has skam returned??:D

The reason is technical, as having asymmetrical textures would require double the amount of memory and power of the graphics card. The alternative is to halve the resolution of the face textures, meaning blocky pixelated results.

In the future, when hardware and GPU's are more capable, I don't see any problems with having asymmetrical masks. But with today's technology, it isn't feasable (taking into considerartion that Entropia is an MMO in real time and that lag is a constant monster that must be defeated).

I'm kinda interested in this... fair doo's makes sense that FM's are actually half FM's and you flip it and apply to both sides of the face... sure ok saves memory fair enough.

An alternative is to apply it to just a single side which potentially requires less processing but that may require some extra jiggery pokery and settings. Halving the resolution ok... it doesn't need to look pixelated though just slightly blurry - this would only be an issue when you get really close though.

I don't think its fair or right to blame graphics cards however and expecially to link them to lag in the same sentence! The latest graphics cards are capable of some INCREDIBLE feats way in advance of simply applying extra textures...

I'm no expert but I know some things and this reasoning seems iffy to me. If it had been said that all avatar textures are symmetrically applied and to alter face masks from this model would be a real biatch then I'd say that makes sence...

Having said that though I think one of the things that would make avatars look more real IS asymmetry. Human are not totally symmetrical after all.

Just my thoughts. Would love it if some 3d programmers could comment and tell me if (probably) I am wrong

Wistrel

nice job:) gl whit your services;)

If it had been said that all avatar textures are symmetrically applied and to alter face masks from this model would be a real biatch then I'd say that makes sence...

Having said that though I think one of the things that would make avatars look more real IS asymmetry. Human are not totally symmetrical after all.

Just my thoughts. Would love it if some 3d programmers could comment and tell me if (probably) I am wrong

Wistrel

I have said pretty much just that in a previous post. It is the case that avatar textures are symmetrical... or rather, only one half of the texture exists to increase detail whilst not increasing the texture load. I am not a programmer, but I am involved in game dev in the area of modeling/texturing.

I also agree with everything you said about asymmetry. Maybe one day. :)

I have said pretty much just that in a previous post. It is the case that avatar textures are symmetrical... or rather, only one half of the texture exists to increase detail whilst not increasing the texture load. I am not a programmer, but I am involved in game dev in the area of modeling/texturing.

I also agree with everything you said about asymmetry. Maybe one day. :)

i think it s only half of the texture for save texture space. But would be cool, to have option where we can change from symmetric to asymmetric, but i think, Ma's tax for transfering the texture wil be dobble then, about use doble space as white symmetric texture.

hope that helps

What happen with a mask when it reaches the condition limit of 90%?
You can tt it for the remaining price or it just disappears?

I'm not sure - but I think it works like this: You need the mask to be 90% tt to make it and wear it. When you have it on it can stay on untill the % is nearly all dow (mabye a few peds down as other (L) items). If you take it off before it's down and it's under the limit 90%, you cannot wear it again. But you can tt it at the value it has (f.x. if it's 50 peds - you get 50 peds from tt terminal).

:dunno:

:)

You then have a mask that cant be equipped anymore but can still be hung on a wall as a decoration. It can also be TT for that 90% value

Back