Merry Mayhem - UPDATED

Status

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Merry Mayhem - UPDATED
20 Dec 2007

Join the Christmas carnage and compete for a pristine land area south of the scenic New Switzerland. Help the Imperial Government to cull Atrox and Exarosaur herds, and thwart the smuggling Mulaak'f by wiping out as many as possible between Friday December 21 18:00 UTC and January 1 00:00 UTC.

The Government will award 1 point for every Exarosaur killed, 3 points for every Atrox, and 10 points for every Mulaak'f put into an irreversible coma. These points will be awarded regardless of maturity or location on Calypso.

The fierce colonist to have accumulated most points by Jan. 1 00:00 UTC will receive the new land area on Amethera.

The second prize winner will receive a complete Shadow Armor Set, and the third prize winner will receive a large amount of raw materials, with a Trade Terminal value of 10000 PED, for the new Make Up and Material Customization systems.

Rules
For health reasons, participants in the Merry Mayhem event may only spend a maximum of six hours logged onto Entropia Universe during every 24 hour period for the duration of the event. The 24 periods start from Friday Dec. 21 18:00 UTC. Participants that exceed this limit will be disqualified. It is up to participants to keep track of their time online. We also recommend that participants do not play for six hours straight, but take regular breaks with physical exercise or activity, food and refreshments during each session.

Creatures killed by teams will not generate points. Club NeverDie hunting domes are included.

Originally Posted Here

That's more like it...

EDIT: after thinking about this, this is a wonderful move as it eliminates the tempation for one person to exhaust themselves and potentially DIE trying to win a virtual land by playing them 24/7 for 10 days.

OTOH, it now opens the possibility of one person running 4 accounts in 6-hours shifts, 24/7, to try and win all 3 prizes. In that case, I don't feel any remorse as I would *want* them to die for their greed...;)

Last edited:
:yay: That levels the playing field a bit!!!

Go MA!!!!

Jamhot

What is this, you are doing funny events, AND you are listening to the community. Again, im feeling my belive in MA is slightley coming back, but just slightley. But its atleast something.

during chrismas and newyears eve i planned to play definetely more then 6 hour a day so im disqualified i think :laugh:

btw Xfire will be a good tool to keep tracking of your spended time

Thanks so much for the clarity and rules!! WTG MA!!!! :yay:

This is a great move on MA part, but when I play its easy to stay for way longer then 6 hours, instead of a disqualification maybe the points should not count and maybe even a message stating your points do not count towards the events.

I know you have a feature that tells players how long they been online for the session but that does not work if the player ctds.

I have been knows to stay online for 3 to 4 hours at a time take a break and come back for another 3 to 4 hours so that would have me online for anywhere from 6 to 8 hours per day, I would really prefer that the points after the 6 hours did not count towards the event and a message (like a auction one) was given to me that points do not count, or at the very least a message stating that I need to log off if I want to not be disqualified from the event.

ATM I’m retired disability so guess this shows I have darn to much time to spend in EU :(

Back in the day when I had no life, I used to play pe for 12 to 18 hours per day... no wounder my bank account went down.

Last edited:
sory bud its the most stupit i haw sen to dat

i can only be logt on for 6 ohuers a day becures of the event

i am normaly online the most of the day so that a problem

i cant be in the event if i wont to do what i normal do a day in pe

that cant be right

ther shut just set a 6 ohuers limit hunts on the mulaaks and trox and exa

not all of the game i yous a lot more time to other things in that

Merry Mayhem - UPDATED
20 Dec 2007

Rules
For health reasons, participants in the Merry Mayhem event may only spend a maximum of six hours logged onto Entropia Universe during every 24 hour period for the duration of the event. The 24 periods start from Friday Dec. 21 18:00 UTC. Participants that exceed this limit will be disqualified. It is up to participants to keep track of their time online. We also recommend that participants do not play for six hours straight, but take regular breaks with physical exercise or activity, food and refreshments during each session.

Creatures killed by teams will not generate points. Club NeverDie hunting domes are included.

Originally Posted Here

lol for this Update.... Gratz for the Uber winner.

So after exacly 6h you MUST logout or else you are disqualified? You cant hunt other things like trade or hunt other mobs...:confused:

Also: MA really needs to keep an eye on the onlinetime of the players so noone plays for more than 6h, only one hour more total could mean a lot

I have a big problem with this and I want you to explain a bit. I spend always more than 6 hrs/day. More like 10-16. If I hunt 6 hrs for the event mobs and then I switch to other mobs but meet such mobs on my way am I out of the game? We need to know for sure.
I have no intention to exploit the system. I may even decide not to take part in it, but if the counter works for more than 6 hrs is unfair to take someone out of the game.
Then again, 6 hrs will be counted how?
Online time spent? Time spent killing event mobs? Any other options?
Can we have a option to start the timer when we log in event? And to log out event to stop the timer? Because taking me out of the game after 6 hrs is making me not want to try to participate. I prefer to kill hogglo.

Bless you MA...you are trying.

So now you've got rid of the account sharer risk....but there's no point in me joining in, because when I play during the day I tend to be online for 8-10 hours.

So if I decide to play the event....try to get my 6 hours in (without going over by a few secs and risk disQ), but then log out and do nothing else in EU - no selling on auction, no crafting, no mining :laugh: Not even a chance to repair and buy new ammo.

Strange.

JC

Thats probably the worst way the rules could have been changed.

Now nobody but a uber skilled player with the right gear can win.

wtg MA, cool rule

however would be nice if points will stop accumulating for each player after the 6h pass instead of not allowing participants to be online just like Nicole said

yes, close but still - make the points not count after 6 hours full for those without RL =)

and Frank, this is a nice move towards community. please, take a closer look at this issue aswell! it's on the very top of the wishlist, you know. oh, you did already? =)

J.

ther ned to haw a stop and go hutning time meny yous a lot more time in pe in 6 ohuers a day

i now i am her for 10 or 16 ohuers a day soo

that rely sucks i cant play lik i normal do

sory bud its the most stupit i haw sen to dat

i can only be logt on for 6 ohuers a day becures of the event

i am normaly online the most of the day so that a problem

i cant be in the event if i wont to do what i normal do a day in pe

that cant be right

ther shut just set a 6 ohuers limit hunts on the mulaaks and trox and exa

not all of the game i yous a lot more time to other things in that

i will be disqualified in the first day, i stai in week end ~16 h online... but anyway ....

I would really prefer that the points after the 6 hours did not count towards the event and a message (like a auction one) was given to me that points do not count, or at the very least a message stating that I need to log off if I want to not be disqualified from the event.

Much better option this :)

Still good they changed it! :yay:

Good update,

Health comes at the first place, and this way cheating with multiple players on one account is not possible.

But I do have my holiday's now, And I ws hoping to log on more than 6 hours a day.

Now if I want to participate the event, I'm forced to log off.

The perfect solution should be that only 6 hours points can be collected in 24h, but I guess we cannot have it all. ;)

Merry Mayhem - UPDATED

Rules

Originally Posted Here

Hehe MA is playing Mom ;)

But good MA i think some ground rules was need for such a big event :wtg:

lol i ned to find a nother game in the rest 10 ohuers a day

i haw to spar for it

I think that MA have realised that players becoming unwell as a direct result of being ingame 24/7 would be very bad.

YES MA!!!!!! Thanks a lot!!!! a VERY nice EVENT!!!!!!!!!:yay:

Clearification plz.
First of all great move in the right direction for this contest.
Second as stated here plz clearify how we are supposed to act with this timelimit ig.
Are we able to continue with other activities (hunts/trades/crafting) after this 6 hours or are we bound to a 6 hours limit/24 hours during event?

/Arwen

Pffft :(

One extreme to the other.....both daft.

Now an uber?rich kid definitely wins.
Now the people who would actually have more time to stay online due to holidays can't use that freedom.

6 hours is too little ...I spend more time than that online every day even if it's not all hunting ...I chat and mine and craft etc too, and I thought that was the whole point of a virtual world?

I know for sure that there are guys and girls who love this universe simply because of RL disabilities and the fact that they are free of them in EU.

Humans require roughly 8 hours of sleep per day.....we are all humans so we should know that ....do the maths, that's 16 hours free to safely do something else and not damage health.

Well it saves me a lot of ammo wasted I suppose 'cos I won't even bother now, the result is a foregone conclusion.

I place my bet on Star.

t

Status
Back