Merry Mayhem - UPDATED

Status
just count i haw ben online for 6½ ohuer to day now

so if it count from now on i cant even make one hunt to day
lol

With this rules MA could just draw the winner between all MM and similar dmg weapons as well.
Nobody but those stand any chance anyway now and the idea about a contest about dedication is changed into one about money only now. :(

Zeus people! isnt 6 hours a day enough to play?!?! :confused:

I personally don't see why everybody is so happy.This means that the few 'ubers' will definitely win this one as they can hunt Mulaak'f for only 6 hours at the highest possible rate and have the prize for sure.
I wanted to take part in this event and hunt atrox low maturity for as long as possible, but the new rule made me aware that I will stand no chance in these conditions.
You can, ofcourse, disapprove with this, but in the end there will be one of the current 'ubers' and that won't be because he/she played smarter or better during the event.
Thanks MA for another real challenge with tons of fun!

A good move by MA if you ask me. The longest session I ever played in EU was 4 hours. Usually it is between 1 and 3 hours. I cannot imagine playing for 6 hours or more. :eyecrazy:

Cheers :beerchug:

I suppose it's a mechanistic problem why they did it like this. Because how can MA tell you're hunting for the event or just running around? If you kill a trox, wait 5 mins and kill another, that could either mean you took a break or you simply ran around looking for a trox... no way for MA to tell.

No idea how hard to implent this is (and in which time, which is way too short now I guess) but best option to me seems to have a 6 hour timer / 24 hours for everyone logging in.

When you enable the timer you can gather event points, when the timer has run out, you can get no more points.

You can pause the timer, but each time you enable it, it will keep running for 1 hour. This to avoid people cheating finding huge spanws and pauzing the timer in between.

Simple solution imo, but how hard to implement? :confused:

Merry Mayhem - UPDATED
Rules
For health reasons, participants in the Merry Mayhem event may only spend a maximum of six hours logged onto Entropia Universe during every 24 hour period for the duration of the event.

Excellent news and it proves that threads are read, but, I think this really needs some clarification.

1) I guess anyone who kills one of the three mobs will be considered a participant whether they wish to be or not? So if not interested they just exceed the 6 hour limit and get disqualified?

2) After the six hour limit we can just stop hunting these 3 mobs and continue 'in game' hunting other mobs or crafting etc. as usual? I can easily spend more than 6 hours a day in EU. What happens if we then come across an Atrox while out mining or hunting. We can't shoot it or we will be disqualified so yay more decay to MA while we just wait to die! :(

2b) Or, does it mean that people who wish to be entered have to log off after the 6 hour limit and find another game to spend their money in?

This is a great move on MA part, but when I play its easy to stay for way longer then 6 hours, instead of a disqualification maybe the points should not count and maybe even a message stating your points do not count towards the events.

I know you have a feature that tells players how long they been online for the session but that does not work if the player ctds.

I have been knows to stay online for 3 to 4 hours at a time take a break and come back for another 3 to 4 hours so that would have me online for anywhere from 6 to 8 hours per day, I would really prefer that the points after the 6 hours did not count towards the event and a message (like a auction one) was given to me that points do not count, or at the very least a message stating that I need to log off if I want to not be disqualified from the event.

ATM I’m retired disability so guess this shows I have darn to much time to spend in EU :(

Back in the day when I had no life, I used to play pe for 12 to 18 hours per day... no wounder my bank account went down.

I totally agree - just make @ amount of kills in 6hrs period... and not disqualify

Thats a cool moove MA.

Also, this advertizing about Health must be displayed when u cannect to EU, mabe just after u click "accept" button, with a "dont show again" option (dunno if the law allow that). But every games u buy, u always have this advertizing on the very first pages of the manual.

So, @Ben, play a bit PE, then moove to vent on a pig pk on Crysis online, and enjoy christmass break:)

Tree.

no comment anymore......all erase

Last edited:
Agree with most ppl in here, make it 6 hours from first mob killed and then if one logs of it stops the timer, after that when i log on kill first mob timer start again and keeps going until my 6 hours are up, after that just stop the calculation or something similar.

I don't get it.. (yeah, big surprise..)

6 hours then i have to log off?
That's just enough time to get warmed up.
And how is the time counted?
Per day or floating 24hrs?
If it's per day i can log on @ 18:00, play until 23:59, take 2 minute brake and get back on for another 6 hrs.

If it's floating time i have to keep track of when i log in so i don't log back in before that time the next day.
This is all very confusing.

Ah..wth..discualify me then, i'm playing!

lol for this Update.... Gratz for the Uber winner.

agree... now all that MA did with these "Rules" was to decrease the chances of midlvl players down to 0. at this point my guess is that 5% of the EUs active players, at most, have A chance, as for the rest...prepare for some pics only. :(
oo.. and those 5% are only ubers, nice work MA. :lam:

6hr-rule

I think it's good that there's some kind of a new rule.
Problem is: I can EASILY hunt 6hrs/24hrs, so I'm down with this, but does it mean I can't chat or trade or craft afterwards... I don't like to complain but I don't like to HAVE to stay offline to not get disqualified either...

another problem is: today the event starts
so if I hunt 6 hrs this evening, and 6 hrs tomorrow during the day, will it be considered as different days, or as within 24hrs, and getting me disqualified.

also: when you're disqualified, should you get a notice of it? or are you gonna keep on blasting your ammo and making decay?

best regards
Naomi

Last edited:
If you can't live with 6 hours in EU per 24h, are you sure that you don't need professional help? But anyway, if you can't cope with that, EU must be so important, that missing this event shouldn't be a problem.

And as the ppl whining about whiners say, then don't participate the event....

Selling 6-hour timers TT+500 :D

Reactions: sob
Everybody who thinks ubers are advantaged by this is hoplessly naive.

I am happy MA covered all exploit and cheat possibilities with team and length rule. I don't wanna see some *insert random MM user name here* hunting 24/7 "in personna" :)laugh:) while his socmates would guard pvp4 in shifts for a measly 1k$ each after the event.

Good job MA.

:) nice one MA

i know i wont win as i got loads of people to see during the festive season but now that's made it nice and fair for everyone. means also that there will not be any cheating too.

:yay: MA:wtg:

Is it 6h per day or 6h between 18:00 -> 24:00 MA time ?

thats a huge difference, i dont wanna sit here on newyearseve (31 dec 19:00 -> 01:00 swedish time)

agree... now all that MA did with these "Rules" was to decrease the chances of midlvl players down to 0. at this point my guess is that 5% of the EUs active players, at most, have A chance, as for the rest...prepare for some pics only. :(
oo.. and those 5% are only ubers, nice work MA. :lam:

The only thing MA decreased is the chance that some nub tries to win this event by staying online 24/7 and seriously damages their health.

Cheers :beerchug:

Mindark: Kill those mobs - get points - win landarea!!

Whiners: OMG!! UBERS CAN HUNT 24/7 AND WILL WIN!!!!

Mindark: Change of rules, you can only hunt for 6h/day - Win Landarea!

Whiners: OMG!! UBERS CAN HUNT 6H/Day AND WILL WIN!!!!

MindArk: If you have more than 100k skills you cant participate - Win Landarea!!!

Whiners: OMG!!! THOSE WHO HAVE 99.999 SKILLS WILL WIN!!!!!

Mindark: We will give everyone a free landarea...

Whiners: OMG!! NOW EVERYONE HAVE A LANDAREA!! IM NOT SPECIAL"!!!!

Well... i have to agree that it is a good rule, this allows for a fair playing field.

btw, any word from MA about if we are going to get updates of how the scoreboard is progressing or are we only going to get the results in the end?

Ok Ma I Think This Is The Most Bitter Pill Of All

finally You Create An Event That I Have A Chance To Win And Then You Tell Me I Have To Cut 10 To 12 Hrs Off My Standard Days Gameplay!!!!!

You Treat Me With Contempt.......

The One Thing That Gave Me A Chance Is My Dedication.....

When I Decided To Unlock Coolness And Spent 22 Hrs Straight Day One 18 Hrs Day 2 And About The Same Day 3 I Didnt See You Say You Cant Hunt That Many Hrs In A Row!!!!!

Why Dont You Just Say You Cannot Exceed The Maximum Number Of Hrs You Have Played In One Day In The Last 1 Mth 6 Mths Whatever!!

Instead You Are Going To Tell Me That I Have To Log Out Or Be Disqualified!!!!!

Killing a lot of young/mature atrox doesn't require you to be uber.
Super-duper uber gear will ofc be an advantage, but continuously finding the best spawn will be more important, if you have decent gear.

Before the new rule, the winner was bound to be a person with decent equipment, and ability to put in 15+ hours per day all ~12 days, and have a lot of help from friends.

With the new rules, the winner must have decent equipment and ability to put in ~6 hours per day throughout the period, and have good knowledge of spawns and some luck to find the best areas.

It sucks a bit for those (few?) people who usually spend more than 6 hours per day in EU. They must choose whether to cut in their EU time, or disregard the event.

But generally a really good change imo, as more people will have a realistic chance to be in top 3, and thus a reason to participate.
I'd still have liked to see some random prizes based on more points -> better chance, but maybe next time. ;)

I think these rules are fair,

People killing atrox or exo have a chance aswell I think, When you consider with the Mulaak'f you run the risk of being killed by other players, also they take longer to kill, and probably have a lower spawn rate.

And I don't think you need an IMK2 or MM, there are other weapons, including uber Limited weapons that do more than enough damage to kill tons of Atrox and Exo.

AWESOME!!!

That's real cool rules!!

Looking forward to KICK SOME ASS!!!! (=mobs ass of course ;) no worries )

why is it all cry abudt others ther haw skills and so

rely lol its free for all to skill up

whit the L wapens to day and so lol meny midel ar a shit load better in most of them ther call ubbers

i think ther is sum players ther ned to yous ther head now

all the dam L crap you got 10/10 on

so ubbers or not rely dosent matter

bud the play time in the game sucks for i yous a lot on auction ming crafting to that rely sucks

I second, that now anyone with a good spawn of trox youngs and ML35, Unique Dub & McCormick or mod merc can win this.

THat means U need a gun worth at least 100k ped to be able to participate, and thats way way bad... :rolleyes:

Now I can't have a chance of winning this due to endurance... And only 50-60dmg gun.
  • HL6 can in 6 hrs do 881.280 points of damage
  • Unique Dub & McCormick Terminator can in 6 hrs do 2.574.720 points of damage
Meaning - that place Dub in an atrox herd with good spawn, and she will win without question :D :scratch2:

Entropedia:Weapons will show you (Sort by dmg/sec) and place a person in an trox young spawn for 6 hrs - who will win...

Last edited:
you can please some of the people all the time and all the people some of the time, but you can't ever please EU participants :rolleyes:

pffs what is wrong with you people MA is giving away a LA...... Of course there will be some restrictions how how to win it.

WTH do you want:confused: should Marco just give it to the 1000th person who logs in? would that make you happy?

It is a contest.
There are rules to it.
If you want to play you have to follow the rules.
If you dont like the rules dont play.

I think with the new rules this is a great event and I just hope there are more like it in the near future.:wtg:

Status
Back