Merry Mayhem - UPDATED

Status
Remember this isnt about being economical, only dmg/sec, mm and imp mk 2 are very economical, but you can get good dmg/sec just by putting an e-amp 15 on a mid range weapon

I totally disagree with the disqualification after 6 hrs online time, simply because they r restricting u to a limited time in game so mining and crafting is out while the event is running i agree points should just not count after that 6hr time.

And as for health risks people r aware of the risks it is upto them to take care of themself and if they dont well tough shit.

I play EU alot more than 6 hrs a day and im still fine, so tell me what do i do for the other hrs i cant log into EU when im not sleeping lol

Relax a bit... whatever will be... will be ;)
[YOUTUBE]kwDWNKgD_rM[/YOUTUBE]

I see someone already started doing drugs...

so take a emik X5 whit a bull tac 80 that rocks to

You are right, although i dont even max that. :)

And the question still is, can it really beat a maxed out MM?

Ah well i am not really complaining that much about this event, its a lot better then all those other MA one spawn bs events.
Yet i wished they gave it more thought.

where is the option to +rep MA?
Im actually a bit impressed now:)

I totally disagree with the disqualification after 6 hrs online time, simply because they r restricting u to a limited time in game so mining and crafting is out while the event is running i agree points should just not count after that 6hr time.

And as for health risks people r aware of the risks it is upto them to take care of themself and if they dont well tough shit.

I play EU alot more than 6 hrs a day and im still fine, so tell me what do i do for the other hrs i cant log into EU when im not sleeping lol

SEX?

:wtg:

<<other games>> :lolup: .... along with sex, lundry, carwashing, playing with kids or friends or wife, seeing people, shopping, read a book .. not necessary in that order ....

DAMN so i f i want to enter the event ill have to shorten my online hours???;)

Must send a new list to santa quick ;)

I think not mate. IMO..
korss/amp and exa young/mature will raise more points. Simply because..
Trox take longer to kill
Mulaak'f will not spawn quickly enough and PK'er(even nuisance ones) will interupt the flow.
Many will accidentally/intentionally breach the 6 hours. But then i'm more the miner these days so i'm probably wrong. But thats what I think is the go. Exa's.

I suspect that some rare items exa's and Trox drop are being released this 10 days.

How to win this event: (as rules are NOW)
  1. Grab an Unique Dub & McCormick Terminator
  2. Position you in an landgrab - standing solid on same spot with 5000 ped ammo.
  3. Get a lot of friends being runners and dragging tons of trox youngs to you.
  4. Kill 'em all
  5. WHAM U made yourself an landarea
  6. Same goes for 2nd price, just a bunch of Svempa XT (L) and ammo
  7. and same for 3rd price...
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

<<other games>> :lolup: .... along with sex, lundry, carwashing, playing with kids or friends or wife, seeing people, shopping, read a book .. not necessary in that order ....

hehe ur so funny looool

look at this from your own economical point of view also!!! Who can afford to constantly kill mobs 6 hours+ in a row/day anyway ???? (hands down skalman ... )

(those of you who can and have TOO much money left now because you can't spend them all in 6hours ... I can be your personal assistant helping you off with your burden! And I wont even charge you for it :D )

David|Mindark

Sir would you please care to comment on the Rules and Clarify them for us. Theren Strange made a Great point and so have many others

Hmmmm, difficult to state ones opinion without being called a 'whiner'. But what the ****, I'll do it anyways :cool:.
And I share my opinion with most dedicated (read: hard core) players.

It's Christmas holidays for me now, and I was looking forward to skilling up, go for hunts, practise my make-up :)laugh:),..
When I saw the event at first, I was really excited: a goal I can work towards. Hey, I even have a chance, since I can play quite a lot now!

But the 6-hour time limit will cramp my style :)yay:, I can finally use that expression!). Yes, I know, some of you will say 'Get a life'. But I just like EU better than spending hours in a pub, or go to Christmas parties to talk to people I haven't seen in a year (because I really don't like them....), or watching really bad movies (which they always seem to save up for the holidays :rolleyes:).

So indeed: why not monitoring 6 hours of play for the event, and then you can do whatever you want (but no more points for the MA-event awarded). I'm a big girl, I know when to drink, eat, sleep, clean and whatever. I do go to the toilet instead of keeping empty bottles and a bucket for you know what. I still have great sex and I still play with my boyfriend (how nice if you both have the same hobby :p). My hair is nicely washed and I even have time to put on real life make-up.
Point is: I want to compete for the event AND have the option to play more than 6 hours a day.
I have a couple more hours to decide what to do, but I just wish I didn't have to make that choice... :mad:.

I've aired my opinion, thanks for reading if you did :D.

Regards
Nexia

Last edited:
To me the new and improved rules doesnt make sense.

First of all, if someone has nothing better to do than play 20hrs/day throughout the ENTIRE holidays, then oh my god please give him/her a LA, god knows s/he probably didnt get any other xmas gifts.

Second, die from EU? Cmon. If they wanna push themselves to that, then that's possible during other times aswell, not just during this event, and it's a choice you as a participant make and not on Mindarks responsibility. And it only goes to show that natural selection is alive and kicking. :rolleyes:

Third, a Virtual Universe (in my book) would equal social interaction of sorts. Limiting a participant to 6hrs playtime per 24hrs means that those 6 hrs will be completly devoted to hardcore hunting (with a minimum of chat, min of trade, min of chilling, min of browsing), followed by an immediate logout and then login to another game most likely. Oh the joy of being part of a virtual online experience where you're limited to the amount of time you can spend online w/o being disqualified from the (afaik) the highest prize contest so far. The change to the contest rules are not only alienating participants from the developers due to badly implemented restrictions but also from other participants due to said rules.

If account sharing is such a big issue, then set a 10 day activity cap instead of a day cap. For 10 days the sleeping time needed would normally be 60-80 hrs. Minus 30 for dedication, and you end up with say 40 hrs of minimum sleep. So just set a 10day cap of 200 hrs, and let people stay up for 2 days straight hunting or spread out their hunting as they please. Even with the 6hrs/24 hrs this is badly needed - give us a 60 hr counter and let us see how much time we have left until we're disqualified.

In conclusion, if Mindark feels the need to restrict the event-gaming to 6hrs/day then by all means: their contest, their rules. But to disqualify people from the contest because they enjoy Mindarks product and want to spend time using it? Thats a magnificently stupid move.

Awesomely well thought out ...get a job at MA event planning.

+rep for that one.

t

It's certainly an improvement. 6 hours per day is a nice amount to hunt.

Everybody has to understand they can't make any set of rules to please everyone.

It's unfortunate that this is all so last minute. It would have been awesome if they had been able to implement a daily 6 hour timer for every individual.
You start the timer once every 24h period and then it counts down from 6h to 0. After that the killed mobs don't count anymore, but you could still play, sell loot, prepare for the next day, chat with other participants, etc.

What I wonder is why they haven't thought of the health issues etc. when they were planning this event. MindArk, consider asking advise from experienced players next time to prevent things like this.

Another way to get more players involved in the event is to offer some random prizes in addition to the top 3. Maybe hide some special loots in the mobs, or give out a prize for every 100.000th mob killed (overall), stuff like that.

Hey MA Your player base has a Knack for brainstorming Utilize it

To me the new and improved rules doesnt make sense.... EDITED... sorry....In conclusion, if Mindark feels the need to restrict the event-gaming to 6hrs/day then by all means: their contest, their rules. But to disqualify people from the contest because they enjoy Mindarks product and want to spend time using it? Thats a magnificently stupid move.

I agree with your points. It is my time to do with as I choose, but thanks to the "woe is me" whiners, support cases and online polls / petitions the event got changed. I don't think those people understand just how much they bent themselves over. The magnificently stupid move was to demand that MA be Mommy and Daddy to us and dictate how long we can play. Does this mean that on Jan 1 2008 it will suddenly be OK to kill trox for 20 hours a day? Since there is not a LA at stake I guess no one will care anymore who dies infront of their PC playing EU? Give me a break... :rolleyes: It is either an issue or it isn't. No one comlpained about this during the Glowbones Quests. No one complained during previous landgrabs. I am not saying they should have - not at all. I am just saying that if you cannot control how long you spend at a computer game you have serious problems. And there is no reason to ask the game maker to regulate your use for you. That is like taking McDonalds to court because the coffee you ordered was actually hot and it burned you when you put it between your legs. What is next? Should the XBox be made with an automatic shutdown so that people remember to eat and take a crap? There is no self-responsibility anymore. There is always "someone else" to blame for the stupidity in the world instead of the ones that are stupid.

I am one who is very grateful to MA for going thru the trouble of putting together these events. This proves they listen to us and are working hard at boosting moral. Way to go MA.:yay:
I hope everyone has a great time and again thankyou MA for all your hard work and commitment to the comunity.

OK this is how MA's response has read to me....

MA threw the event in there thinking...UBERS WILL BE OUT IN FORCE YAY

Suddenly the PLAYERS bring to light the whole avatar sharing deal and MA think hmmm that is true we cant see who is playing.....

Then they read the responses to the first MERRY MAYHEM in which many of BIG names in game tell the community that they dont have the time to make the hrs needed to win....due to christmas commitments

suddenly MA reduces the hrs we can PLAY not compete and the ubers who only had limited hrs are now back in the ballgame...

ther just ned to spend sum time making the event

and ther woden be a problem

and all event wod be grat

I like it :)

Certainly fairer than it was before :)

I have to say even though I'm not playing anymore really, and not competing in this event, I would like to give a huge +rep to mindark for their rule regarding the health of their players. This gives me quite a bit of faith in them that was lost before, and with the development team recently telling a couple clues about the decay formula, wow.

I think MA lawyers suggested this change. In the past, when a gamer had a marathon session and died the game company wasn't blamed. But with an event like this, MA could be accused of 'encouraging' a marathon session that lead to a players death.

That being said, it's still a bad event.

1. The players that can kill mobs the fastest benefit. Those that can kill the fastest and most economical benefit the most. If you own a Imp MK2 you are at the top of the list. While an Exo is a 'noob' mob, MA is rewarding those that can kill the fastest. Hunting with an Opalo isn't going to win this thing.

2. In the past MA would have a 'kill this kind of mob event' and attach some sort of storyline to the event. We don't even get that here. No storyline. Just go spend as much money on decay and hopefully you'll win.

It would have been far better if MA did the raffle system that was suggested in another post. For every Exo you kill you get 1 raffle ticket. At the end of the event a drawing is held to award the prize. Those that kill the most have the biggest change - but everyone has at least a chance.

They surely need to clarify if there is a max play limit for all people.

Let´s say you don´t want to participate but enjoy just being online, chatting, trading etc. I know i have done more then 6 hours ingame alot of times and especially during a 24 hour period. With the christmas leave and all i wasn´t going to sleep as much coz i have the possibility not to.

If i play 3 hours when i get home and then go to a pub and then come back and play another 3 hours.... Am i no longer able to logon for the next 24 hours in order to not disqualify myself... I´m sure i won´t be able to track that...

Merry Mayhem - UPDATED
between Friday December 21 18:00 UTC and January 1 00:00 UTC.

This also needs clarification I think:

Do the 24 hours run from:

18.00 (fri) - 17.59 (sat) - 24 hours
18.00 (fri) until 00.00 (fri/sat) - 6 hours not 24

If 18.00 (fri) - 17.59 (sat) then the last day is only 6 hours again and not 24

Now I've totally confused myself :laugh:

and as I guess most people in the UK/Europe will be out for New Years Eve this last day is totally null and void anyway

because it's fking xmas dude... if u want to do something wonderful for this community, do it ffs.. if not, just pick the ubers from a top list, give them some gifts (Land Area, Shadow set :p ) and that's it, don't bull sht everyone with this crapy "event"

I fail to see how a 6 hour event structure favors high skilled avatars with the best equipment any more than a 24 hour event structure does. :confused:

An advantage in killspeed is an advantage in killspeed regardless of the time frame involved. If you dislike the fact that some participants kill faster than you, then invest more time and/or money in your avatar. Also, as others have suggested in this thread, Mindark structured this event with some very common mobs that players of all skill levels can hunt, and scoring is not dependent on maturity level (though using a sliding scale of points for mob maturity actually would have been a more fair way to do it, and would have added more strategic dimensions to the event, in my humble opinion).

Hmmm, maybe this is the point behind some events, Mindark encouraging people to enhance their avatar's abilities and equipment for the long term...

Finally, if you think this is a "crappy event" then don't participate. Seems pretty simple to me.

[Off Topic]

That is like taking McDonalds to court because the coffee you ordered was actually hot and it burned you when you put it between your legs.

This actually happened:

Liebeck v. McDonald's Restaurants - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[/Off Topic]

Last edited:
6 hours a day? On my days off it's not unusual for me to be on more than 6 hours, but I don't do it in 1 session. Usually 2-3 hours for 3 sessions or so.
If MA wants us to spend less time online, they should make it so that we don't have to work like crazy to make a ped.

Status
Back