What are your skill goals for 2008?

Jed

Provider
Society
Sanctuary
Jason Jed DelaCruz
I have never been one for New Year's resolutions. I prefer setting specific measurable goals that I try to achieve.

I reached my end of 2007 goal of unlocking Serendipity a little over a month ago. In 2008, I'm setting the bar high: Wounding and Combat Sense. I'm no stranger to skill grinding tantillions and I'm fairly comfortable holding an implant inserter in my hands when I have some extra PEDs to burn, so I think I have a good shot at getting this done. My secondary goal of unlocking Avoidance starting at level 15 Evader without chipping may be a little much, but we'll see how it goes.

What do the rest of you folks have planned for 2008?

Reaching 150HP and re-unlock Avoidance.

my goals for 2008 are not to loose as much as i did in 2005, 2006 and 2007 but i think thats an inpossible goal unless i just log in to chat :laugh: , second goal is to never be skilled again , chipping out 187k skills was a bitch :silly2:

The goals I have at the moment are those I want to achieve by mid-May, which is my 2-year point in the game - unlocking Coolness and Medicine, and getting two more crafting professions to Level 10.

I'm expecting that to be quite a challenge, especially the crafting part, but I will try hard :)

I'll go for level 15 Hair Stylist, unlocking Medicine, RDA, BPC, the list goes on....

Illusion: get a good ATH, unlock KillStrike and Quickness
Reality: to quit. :)

Hmm, I guess the unlocks of 2008 for me will be Combat Sense, Avoidance, Treatment (in that order). Its not much a of target though as I'm pretty close to all of them. And likewise there's no unlocks to aim for after that really, all the other unlocks in the hunting profession are probably due sometime next decade.

So I guess maybe I could set myself a challenge of unlocking CGA and BPC. I don't mine or craft that much so still have a reasonable distance to go for them.

My main goal is to find a proper HOF again. Unless something good happens tomorrow, my biggest loot of 2007 was on January 1st. Just in case Jan 1st is my lucky day I'll be hunting despite the hangover on Tuesday :D

Last edited:
Just reached level 29 in Laser Sniper (Hit) yesterday, so I'm unlikely to get to 30 and unlock Serendipity by the end of today, so my 1st goal in 2008 is to get that. :)

my goal for 2008 is reaching 4K in longblade and finding some golden mining spots :rolleyes: :D
But my biggest goal is ....

:yay: Maying a lot of fun :yay:

I hope that a year will be enough to reach the Coolness. I'm level 38 Laser Sniper now, but the 37->38 way took me 2 months, because I'm a breer-guy :).

Well, I totally active played 11 months (Sept 06 - march 07; sept 07 ongoing) now having the account for around 1 3/4 years (well, rest of the time i didn't play).

My total skills now are around 85.000; but due RL issues I'll have much more time in 2008 to carry on, so my goal is to reach a total skill index of at least 250.000, with following unlocks: Beauty Sense, Avoidance, Coolness, Wounding, Combat Sense, Medical Therapy, Power Catalyst, Extraction, Calypso Ground Assessment, Mineral Sense, Robotology and Xenobiology; maybe some skills with the new texturing stuff too - so lot to do for me !

Another goal also is to finally open the long planned shop - still searching for a nice location at a fair price outside the mall (simply cuz they are too expensive ground for me)

hmmm... I have CGA and extraction coming up real soon. Next is going to be avoidance, then wounding

I am hoping to hit 150 health and unlock combat sense, avoidance, bpc, and power catylyst.

I started toying with pets this week and hope to get at least 1K of zoology in 2008 as I learn the ins and outs of this skill that will be implemented sometime before the end of the centuty.

Mineral Sense, Serendipity, Coolness, Combat Sense. I've been playing 6 months and have 50K Skills. I think I can do this in 2008. In fact, I hope to do more.

Best of luck to everyone in 2008. ATH's all around!

mandu

325 HP, 500k Skill :)

325 HP, 500k Skill :)

Yikes :eek: Somehow I think you will achieve it :). As for me, I chipped out a while back for reasons I won't gpo into so I hardly visit on world these days but still enjoy the forum and keeping in touch when I can. So, I guess for me it's getting the basic skills again. Not sure I should use my ML35 and other such gear yet, it may not be economical. But there you go, I am a nubcake :laugh:

Unlocks Goals: Coolness, Avoidance, Medicine, Martial Arts, CGA, Extraction, BPC (long way off on this one :\), Treatment, Power Catalyst
*Maybe* Wounding by the end of the year.
*Maybe* Combat Sense also.

My goals revolve around attributes mostly. Total 200 by the end of the year would be nice.
This month's goal: 60 agility
Year: 70 agility, 50 strength, 40 Psyche
Intelligence increases passively so no goal there, though expect at least 50

Total skills break 100k

Hmm, unlocks to get in '08 would be: Wounding, Combat Sense, and Avoidance.

Might go after CGA as a side affect of chipping in mining skills for HP.
(As it is, I have to add extraction to my signature because of eating some mining chips for HP. :D )

HP goal is to hit 180+ by this time next year. 27HP away from 180, think I got a chance. ;)

Might be nice to hit 200k total skills, too.

Will be interesting to check next year how close we came to our goals. :D

just finished my goals for 2007 (yesterday :p) 60 agi & CGA, now i really dont know what to aim for in 2008, BPC is one, then.. i dunno..

well i set a general goal for 2k7 60k total skill i only made it to 56k (there maybe a chip up my sleeve to finish that off) ... but for 2k8 im going bigger.

goals and hopes

1 - medicine
2 - coolness
maybe:
3 - wounding
4 - avoidance

those are the hopes with a total skill count around 80k and at least 125HP

While not being totally unrealistic those skill goals would be for 2008 to unlock Serendipity (finally), BPC, and maybe MDA. That will probably keep me busy for the next year.

Oh, and the most important, no related to skills though, its also my goal to HOF at last.

Or atleast a global....

edit 30.05.08

Hahaa, already i can tell that my goals were overkill, i am less than 1/2 levels away from serendipity, so that i will reach ok, but BPC, that i can forget for this year, and with MDA i must have meant the other melee skill that unlocks before MDA, what was it called...cant remember...

edit 2:

Hahaa, martial arts, thats the one!

Last edited:
my goals for 2008 is to unlock KillStrike and Quickness and to get about 240-250k in skill total and to have about 1700 globals total in the end off 2008.
And to get 200 in hp :scratch2:

Now i have 182k skills, 168 hp and 988 globals. :yay:

A update: Now i have 198 k skills 171 hp and 1353 globals.

A update: Now i have 208 k skills 174 hp and 1636 globals.

A update: Now i have 242 k skills 185 hp and 1873 globals.

Last edited:
Goals for 2008:
Combat sense
Wounding
Martial Arts
140 health

Possibly get along the way but am not really aiming for:
CGA

Hope but very unlikely:
150 health
Avoidance

unlock the "no-longer-addicted-to-EU" skill ;)

My goal is to get my Agility from 88.4 to 88.6 according to my 5 year schedule of self improvements. :scratch2:

Hmmm.... I'd like to get Handgun, Rifle, Clubs and Shortblades all up to 5k and Longblades up to 6k. That'd be nice.

Hurrikane

Hmmm... 2008... I think I would like to be at 150k skills. Not really sure if that is possible in a year but I think it is do-able if I can maintain my current skilling rate. More importantly, I would like to get to the point where I am fully self sufficient and don't need to deposit anymore, I have already started to taper my deposits off quite a bit so Im off to a good start.

And my final new years resolution is to finally finish negotiatons with MA to purchase my soul back.:D

Blackjack :cowboy:

heh i actually made my skill goal yesterday i want too recieve "extraction"
i have recieved CGA 3 times now so would be fun too get extraction now again.. would be esy whith some amps...

My skilling goals for 2008 are

150 Health
Avoidance

Maybe CGA, but I will have to drop some bombs for that.

For 2008, I wish a tower in mining (never had one).
I think I will continue to mine a lot so I hope to reach level 50 prospector.
I will learn some new words in swedish and have new friends :yay:

Happy new year all:)

Back