PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 13 ... LastLast

Thread: How Armor Works

Oni
    Society
    Skillin' Villains
    Images
    Thanks for all the nice comments people, I hope its useful. And its just a summary of lots of work done by many people, the credit goes to them!

Now, sorry for the mass one-post reply:

Quote Originally Posted by Coop_ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You might clarify in the damage-->decay formula that damage refers to the amount of damage absorbed by the armor, not the total damage done by the mob. I've had some questions along those lines in my soc.
    Thanks, done.

Quote Originally Posted by Oleg View Post
    Make it a sticky - if Jimmy is too modest to do it himself then I'll PM 711 till he does it
    I have no shame...I made it sticky when I originally posted it

Quote Originally Posted by Oleg View Post
    Ah, well in that case, whine grumble whine, stupid Jimmy gets a sticky just cos he's a mod... pah
    I'm always open to making other threads sticky on request

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dragon View Post
    damn it Jimmy you are real monster..
    I mean you are like entropia scientist, how you get all these data?
    Thank-you. All these data come from the amazing contributions by people from this community. People put in a lot of time, and sometimes expense. Its very much appreciated by myself, and I think by the community as a whole. Certainly you shouldn't think I did it all myself, that is very far from the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Witte View Post
    Nice work and well written .

About the "Effect of decay on protection" part, I tested that using both pixie and kobold, ranging from 10% to 100% (about 5 steps inbetween). I tested the decay, and it corresponded exactly to the damage it would absorb when the condition/protection relation is linear. For one point I also tested the damage (as that is much harder to test) and it also corresponed to this relation. I never posted this as the testdata got lost.
    However, in a more recent test I think coop had a bit of an odd result, so this might need more testing. A little addition to this section may be that when protection is less, so is decay.
    Thanks Witte - I've made a few amendments as you suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by ruskea View Post
    do the mobs use diff style of attacks... coz like allophyl does electric+impact... and sometimes they do the electric attack and sometimes they kick does it have an effect on the dmg u take? like allo is 67%ele and 33% impact... will u only get the impact dmg while the allo kicks u?
    Yes this is something that we've wondered about a little. Its the topic of the mob damage thread I linked to in the first post.

Currently, I've seen no evidence that mobs do different attack types with the different animations but I can't say for sure it doesn't happen. There's an example with Warriors for instance that do two different animations (one that looks like its shooting you, and one that looks like its hitting you with a knife). Although its an old study and needs retesting, Avery had a look at Warriors a while ago and found that they do Burn, Penetration (shooting) and Impact, Cut (hitting) with each attack.

But like I say, this is something that needs more investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by Hally View Post
    Jimmy could you be bothered to make the calculations as example with gremlin+5b and serum + 5b for dome 1 mobs ? if i get it right serum will be amazing compared to gremlin ?
    I could of course - I'd have to know how much it costs you to make the Serum though.

Looking quickly at the graphs for a rough guess I'd say Serum will decay about 20% less than Gremlin (for the same damage absorbed). I don't know if the savings due to durability will be enough to justify it after the markup? However, it also has more CP protection, and with the attack speeds on CP the fact you get constant protection as it decays is a bonus.

I've been using a set of Zombie (L) in place of Ghost recently. I got it at half-tt from Auktuma's shop and he was selling it for the very low price of 105% presumably because it wasn't full tt. I really like using it and its lasting quite well There's definately some mileage in the L armors.
    Last edited by Jimmy B; 01-03-2008 at 02:53.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Vincent Vincent Valaro
    Society
    Brainstormers
    Images

Bravo

Very well done Jimmy. One of the best posts I've ever seen. Enlightened me a lot +rep for you, I wish I could rep you more.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Society
    Mine To Extract
    Images
    so if serum was supplied at 120-140% it could be as good or better then using gremlin .. thats quite nice
    "Don't talk back to Darth Vader, He'll get cha!"
    Please note you cant steal copyright on that line, as its allready stolen by me from the internet

Oni
    Society
    Skillin' Villains
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hally View Post
    so if serum was supplied at 120-140% it could be as good or better then using gremlin .. thats quite nice
    Yes I'd say if it can get to somewhere in that range its certainly becomes an interesting option. It has quite a bit more protection than Gremlin (and other low markup UL armors) for CP too. So it could make a bit of difference in the maturities people could handle too.

That's not necessarily all that surprising. Given the 10000 bonus durability, MA clearly wanted to make the L armors more competitive.

Banned
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    ruskea kheet kheeter
    Society
    The Blacklist
    Images
    yeah i noticed the shooting and melee type of attack vs warriors and troopers.. usually happens when u go very close to em.. so they try to hit u with melee

Xendar Xen Xal
    Society
    Payn Inc.
    Images
    Thank you very much for this.

I have to say though I don't like how lack of one protection type for an armor can be made up for with another protection type. So if a mob does 25 impact and 25 electric damage, the armor could absorb all the damage with 50 impact protection and no electric. This doesn't make sense. If an armor doesn't have electric protection it shouldn't be able to protect against it. This means, for example, that you could take ghost with 1 acid protection, slap 5b's on it and have 32 acid/impact protection (31 impact and 1 acid), if the mob also does impact damage. Or am I misunderstanding?

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Larson "Lars" MacDonald
    Society
    Federation of Free Wanderers
    Images
    Thanks for the info. this is the most useful thread in quite a while, I think.
    Thanks, and +rep to all the contributing parties.

"If you lose your sense of humor, it's just not funny anymore."- Wavey Gravey

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Shin Tha Nin
    Society
    Drop Zone
    Images

Nice Job Jimmy + Rest :)

Hmm id like to know exactly what % will Serum bee wery good to invest = with 8aL Plates also % = it.

What iv cheked now on entropedia infos with diff mops dmg to diff armor
    ghost+5b boar+5b Serum+8a

I would LOVE!! to have 1 or 2 these Serum 8a Sets
    in near future if the % is good enouf.

Cheers + rep

Site Admin
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have posted a copy of this thread (opening post) in the Entropia Universe Tutorials forum.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Inherent Marxus Legends
    Society
    Dirty Dingos
    Images
    Jimmy, Doer, Coop, Witte ... You guys did some amazing work and quite fast too I must say! +rep to everyone for sure!

Jimmy thanks for this summary thread in laymans terms, it's my opinion that it of tremendous value to the community as a whole, I read all 33 pages of the research thread that Coop started and clarified some things there but I must admit that your summary has further increased my understanding of the inner workings of armor decay, plates and durability as a whole.

Thanks again and hopefully I will have the chance to contribute on a future project!

Legends

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 13 ... LastLast