PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 14 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 141

Thread: How Armor Works

  1. #31
    Marauder Witte's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2005
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Avatar
    Vlugge Witte Harrie
    Society
    Delta Force Elite
    Posts
    5,713
    Images
    38
    I have added the article to Entropedia: Template: armor decay. I made some minor changes: Replaced "wiki" with "Entropedia", added links to all armor, plate and mob names, and I left out the non armor related part. If you do not agree with any of the changes I made, feel free to change them back .

    EDIT: also added "*Note that these are theoretical values, as the most an armor can ever absorb is its maximum protecion, given that all relevant damage types are offered. " under the graphs.
    Last edited by Witte; 01-03-2008 at 10:52.
    Member of Delta Force Elite and admin of Entropedia

  2. #32
    Elite Dorsai's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2005
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Off-line
    Society
    Supremacy Reign.
    Posts
    4,424
    Blog Entries
    10
    Images
    363
    Excellent.
    +rep.

    I might have to read it more than once though, to fully understand.

    Can I perhaps make a slight suggestion....

    Could the following be amended
    For armors with durability below 10000 the formula is:

    Decay = (0.003 x dmg^1.75 + 0.05 x dmg) x (1 - Durability/100000)

    For armors with durability above 10,000 the formula is:

    Decay = [0.0015 x (3-Durability/10000) x dmg^1.75 + 0.05 x dmg]x (1 - Durability/100000)
    to
    For armors with durability below 10,000 the formula is:

    Decay = (0.0030 x dmg^1.75 + 0.05 x dmg) x (1 - Durability/100,000)

    For armors with durability above 10,000 the formula is:

    Decay = [0.0015 x (3-Durability/10,000) x dmg^1.75 + 0.05 x dmg]x (1 - Durability/100,000)
    (IE add decimal separators (Commas , )to the big numbers, makes them lots easier to read, and add a superfluous 0 to the 0.003, as that makes it easier to see the other formula is using half that value..Of course it might juts be my mild dyslexia working against me...)

    Also, do you think it would help if you put in a examples for each formula, using an armour that has an (L) and an non-L version (such as ghost, 2,000 durability and 12,000), same damage, as I tried a few private calculations, and got the L armour coming out with more dmg, when I believe it should have been less, so I must have got my numbers in a twist


    AKA Naws Tel Telmah.

  3. #33
    Deactivated Account Tree-doctor's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Sakura - Sachi condo 8F
    Avatar
    hulyss treedoctor bowman
    Society
    The Disturbed Ones
    Posts
    2,877
    Blog Entries
    5
    Images
    6
    Wonderfull thread, very usefull.
    Thank all who did that possible.

  4. #34
    Indioni Jones Jimmy B's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2005
    Location
    UK
    Avatar
    Oni
    Society
    Skillin' Villains
    Posts
    12,277
    Images
    625
    Quote Originally Posted by Xen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have to say though I don't like how lack of one protection type for an armor can be made up for with another protection type. So if a mob does 25 impact and 25 electric damage, the armor could absorb all the damage with 50 impact protection and no electric. This doesn't make sense. If an armor doesn't have electric protection it shouldn't be able to protect against it. This means, for example, that you could take ghost with 1 acid protection, slap 5b's on it and have 32 acid/impact protection (31 impact and 1 acid), if the mob also does impact damage. Or am I misunderstanding?
    Yeah, some people like it, some don't. It's just the way it is.

    With the Ghost+5B acid query. Yes in a way. It depends on how much damage the mob is doing though.

    If it hits you for 19 Impact and 13 Acid you'll absorb it all yes since the Ghost protects 19 Impact and 1 Acid and the plates protect another 12 Impact.

    If it hit you for say 20 Acid and 10 Impact, Ghost would protect 10 Impact, 1 Acid and the plates would protect 10 Impact - so you'd take a 9.0 hit.

    If it hit you for 50 Impact and 20 Acid, the effect would be irrelevant (since the Ghost and plates don't cover all the impact).

    Quote Originally Posted by Shin Tha Nin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hmm id like to know exactly what % will Serum bee wery good to invest = with 8aL Plates also % = it.
    Well, like I said, Serum will be roughly 20% more efficient than an UL armor (little bit more for large hits, little bit less for smaller hits). So just for decay considerations you maybe want to buy at 120%. But the constant protection, and the fact the armor has better protection for certain mobs than the low-markup UL armors may cause you to judge it worth a higher markup than that. There's no numbers I can quote for those things though, the last two require a bit of personal judgement I guess, and depend on what other armors you have.

    Quote Originally Posted by Witte View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have added the article to Entropedia: Template: armor decay. I made some minor changes: Replaced "wiki" with "Entropedia", added links to all armor, plate and mob names, and I left out the non armor related part. If you do not agree with any of the changes I made, feel free to change them back .

    EDIT: also added "*Note that these are theoretical values, as the most an armor can ever absorb is its maximum protecion, given that all relevant damage types are offered. " under the graphs.
    Nice Witte thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dorsai View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    (IE add decimal separators (Commas , )to the big numbers, makes them lots easier to read, and add a superfluous 0 to the 0.003, as that makes it easier to see the other formula is using half that value..Of course it might juts be my mild dyslexia working against me...)

    Also, do you think it would help if you put in a examples for each formula, using an armour that has an (L) and an non-L version (such as ghost, 2,000 durability and 12,000), same damage, as I tried a few private calculations, and got the L armour coming out with more dmg, when I believe it should have been less, so I must have got my numbers in a twist
    Right, I'll leave the commas out for now unless other people request it. My reason for choosing to do that originally is that people in some countries use , as the decimal place so things could get confusing.

    I'll put a couple of examples here, I may add them to the post later:

    Shadow (5000):

    Decay = 0.95 x (0.003 x dmg^1.75 + 0.05 x dmg)

    Spartacus (15000):

    Decay = 0.85 x (0.00225 x dmg^1.75 + 0.05 x dmg)

    So 115 damaged absorbed will decay Shadow by 16.97 pec, compared to 12.61 pec for Spartacus. A nice example of how L armors decay even less compared to UL armors for big hits, the Spartacus takes about 26% off here. Not that you'll ever get Spartacus for 126%

  5. #35
    Mutated Xen's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2005
    Avatar
    Xendar Xen Xal
    Society
    Payn Inc.
    Posts
    9,625
    Images
    393
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy B View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With the Ghost+5B acid query. Yes in a way. It depends on how much damage the mob is doing though.

    If it hits you for 19 Impact and 13 Acid you'll absorb it all yes since the Ghost protects 19 Impact and 1 Acid and the plates protect another 12 Impact.

    If it hit you for say 20 Acid and 10 Impact, Ghost would protect 10 Impact, 1 Acid and the plates would protect 10 Impact - so you'd take a 9.0 hit.
    Ok, now I am confused... by the difference in the two examples you gave. In the first example, the ghost protects against the remaining 12 acid damage by using the additional impact protection, but in the second example it does not.. why? I'm also confused by the second example when considering your original post where you say angel + 5b absorbs the acid damage done by kreltin when it has no acid protection at all.

  6. #36
    Elite jdegre's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2005
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Madrid, Spain
    Avatar
    Jesus jdegre de Gregorio
    Society
    Survival Program
    Posts
    2,946
    Images
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by Xen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok, now I am confused... by the difference in the two examples you gave. In the first example, the ghost protects against the remaining 12 acid damage by using the additional impact protection, but in the second example it does not.. why?
    in the second example, you are overprotected wrt impact. you're hit by 10 and ghost could have protected for 19. these extra 9 points are "wasted", you're not using them to counter the acid damage.
    The Chipping Optimizer Tool
    &
    Skill Scanner
    Automatically extract your skills from in-game screenshots





  7. #37
    Mutated Xen's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2005
    Avatar
    Xendar Xen Xal
    Society
    Payn Inc.
    Posts
    9,625
    Images
    393
    Quote Originally Posted by jdegre View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    in the second example, you are overprotected wrt impact. you're hit by 10 and ghost could have protected for 19. these extra 9 points are "wasted", you're not using them to counter the acid damage.
    Ok, I understand that. But this is a very weird way of handling mob damage. So if some imaginary mob does 30 impact and 12 acid to someone wearing angel + 5b, the angel will first absorb all the impact, and then the impact protection of the 5b's will absorb all the acid damage. But if the mob does 31 impact and 11 acid, the armor will absorb 30 impact, the plates will absorb the remaining 1 impact, and then there will be 11 acid damage to the avatar. Very strange and illogical...

    Ok, consider this scenario.. you have an armor that protects 30 impact and plates that protect 12 impact and 1 acid. A mob hits for 31 impact and 12 acid. If the impact damage is presented to the armor/plates first, then 30 will be absorbed by the armor, 1 by the plates and the avatar will take 12 acid damage. But if the acid is presented to the armor first, the armor will absorb 0 acid damage, the plates will absorb 12, then the impact damage is presented and the armor absorbs 30 and the avatar takes 1 impact damage. So there would be a difference of 11 damage depending on which damage is presented first, just because the plates have 1 acid protection. Is this correct? If so, do you know the order in which the different damage types are presented to the armor/plates?

  8. #38
    Elite jdegre's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2005
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Madrid, Spain
    Avatar
    Jesus jdegre de Gregorio
    Society
    Survival Program
    Posts
    2,946
    Images
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by Xen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok, I understand that. But this is a very weird way of handling mob damage. So if some imaginary mob does 30 impact and 12 acid to someone wearing angel + 5b, the angel will first absorb all the impact, and then the impact protection of the 5b's will absorb all the acid damage. But if the mob does 31 impact and 11 acid, the armor will absorb 30 impact, the plates will absorb the remaining 1 impact, and then there will be 11 acid damage to the avatar. Very strange and illogical...
    the plates would absorb 10 impact; remember that full dmg is presented to both armor AND plates.
    it is counter-intuitive, i agree.
    The Chipping Optimizer Tool
    &
    Skill Scanner
    Automatically extract your skills from in-game screenshots





  9. #39
    Marauder Witte's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2005
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Avatar
    Vlugge Witte Harrie
    Society
    Delta Force Elite
    Posts
    5,713
    Images
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by jdegre View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    the plates would absorb 10 impact; remember that full dmg is presented to both armor AND plates.
    it is counter-intuitive, i agree.
    5B absorb 12 impact So in that example, total damage you absorb is 30+12=42 so total damage you receive is 0, or 1
    Member of Delta Force Elite and admin of Entropedia

  10. #40
    Elite jdegre's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2005
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Madrid, Spain
    Avatar
    Jesus jdegre de Gregorio
    Society
    Survival Program
    Posts
    2,946
    Images
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by Witte View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    5B absorb 12 impact So in that example, total damage you absorb is 30+12=42 so total damage you receive is 0, or 1
    hehe, yeah, that's what i meant
    The Chipping Optimizer Tool
    &
    Skill Scanner
    Automatically extract your skills from in-game screenshots





Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 14 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Planet Calypso on Twitter  Follow Planet Calypso on Facebook