unlocking certain skills.

I have read several post in here about when marksmanship is unlocked and they all say once i have reached the rank of qualified in rifle skill ..... well i was working toward this goal seeing as though it will be my first hidden skill unlocked ,and have passed qualified in rifle and i am now trained but still no marksmanship??? Is there something else i need to do before it unlocks?

You need to have Qualified in the rifle PROFESSION level. Not in the Rifle SKILL level.

You need to have Qualified in the rifle PROFESSION level. Not in the Rifle SKILL level.

And it's called "Laser Sniper" or "BLP Sniper" (or plasma, etc), not rifle, just to be pedantic. Look in the professional standings window, not the skills window. You may have to pull up your action book (x) to find the professional standings window. On new accounts it's automatically mapped to a button but on old accounts (before November i think) it's not.

2007-PE-Professions-icon.png

Last edited:
Thanks for the info on unlocking marksmanship ...so close i should have it this weekend !!:yay:

Wouldn't it be pretty obvious that a marksman is good at aiming? :silly2:

I am not a part of that "some" ;P

And I am not a part of the "some skills don't give HP some" either :p

Not that I really have chipped my skills much, but it would seem odd to me if not all skills gave HP, even though it might be more on some than others :p

TBH I think the amount of HP is related to how much a skill affects the professional standings. And that would be why the skills you unlock in the end ups the HP a lot since they rise the average skills more than those you have from the start. And thats my 2 pec :D

Yup. but in the past some have said MMS doesn't contribute to it ;) Anyhow, further proof lol.

Gratz on the unlock Blade.

It was commonly accepted in the old Sniper/Pistoleer pro-standing calculation thread that Marksmanship contributed to the Hit professions. Due to some mistakes in our assumptions we got its contribution slightly wrong though (we had about 10%). ano recently chipped it for the chipping thread and it was found to contribute precisely 8% to Sniper (Hit) professions.

And I am not a part of the "some skills don't give HP some" either :p

I can't possibly agree with you on that, in an ammicable way ;) If tried fapping after a wide variety of skill checks and re-checked and re-checked to be sure. Skills that give hp, you will get a successful FAP provided you didn't hit a regen point, skills that don't give HP, well, you can't FAP ;)

But, to each their own, with opinions on this subject :)

Gratz on the unlock Blade.

Cheers :)

It was commonly accepted in the old Sniper/Pistoleer pro-standing calculation thread that Marksmanship contributed to the Hit professions.

Having had discussions with people within EU, some were adamant that MMS was a (Dmg) giving skill not a (Hit) skill. :)

I understand that it's a Hit skill ;)

Having had discussions with people within EU, some were adamant that MMS was a (Dmg) giving skill not a (Hit) skill. :)

I understand that it's a Hit skill ;)

They were most certainly mistaken. Its actually both a (Hit) skill and a (Dmg) skill, like LWT for instance.

MMS contributes 8% to Sniper (Hit) professions, 7% to Pistoleer (Hit) professions and 10% to all Ranged (Dmg) professions, including the Mindforce ones.

Summary

Could someone post a summary of the skill unlocks (and make it sticky)?

It is hard going through 28 pages to find out what the next unlock will be.

Cheers,
Paul

Could someone post a summary of the skill unlocks (and make it sticky)?

It is hard going through 28 pages to find out what the next unlock will be.

Cheers,
Paul

First post in this thread has a pretty good summary :) Not sure how up to date it is, especially since we now have the new skills window thingy.

Pe-Wiki is good as well for info on when cerntain skills unlock.

First post in this thread has a pretty good summary :) Not sure how up to date it is, especially since we now have the new skills window thingy.

Pe-Wiki is good as well for info on when cerntain skills unlock.

It is out of date. The correct information is in various places in this thread, but this has become a 28 page discussion. (I am adding to it :) )

http://www.pe-wiki.info/Chart.aspx?chart=Skill

It is out of date. The correct information is in various places in this thread, but this has become a 28 page discussion. (I am adding to it :) )

50% true 50% false.

the skills posted there are the unlocks currently known.
the skill unlock levels are not accurate since at the time of creation of this topic it was not known as much as we know today.
+, you go try update this everyday when your job + school take about...all day :)

ill try going trhough the info someday soon and edit the darn thing...

If anyone wants to test further and see if you can get instant Avoidance with no other skills than Evade, I have put a 60 ped Evade chip on auction ending March 24.

Unlock Something... ANYthing!

Here's a :whiner: question ....

I haven't unlocked a New Skill in ...Jeez like 8 months I guess.

Any hints as to what's going on? I have 30K+ total skills...still plugging away

Anyone else experienced such a long dry-spell without a New Skill Unlock? Is this normal?

:scratch2::confused:

Anyone else experienced such a long dry-spell without a New Skill Unlock? Is this normal?

All you ever wanted to know about skill unlocks is here:

Patience grasshopper. I too have 30k skills without an unlock to my name. :)

Just curious, what kind of profession have u guys (mainly Yirrk & toshi) choosen? Myself I have 20k & unlocked Markmanship awhile ago... :scratch2:

well as you burn through the unlocks, don't expect them to come any faster.

between coolness and combat sense was for me about 9 months, maybe 10.

;)

Just curious, what kind of profession have u guys (mainly Yirrk & toshi) choosen? Myself I have 20k & unlocked Markmanship awhile ago... :scratch2:

The path of the blade :)
I believe MDA or Martial Arts will unlock first, level 18 or 20 swordsman so any time now!

The path of the blade :)
I believe MDA or Martial Arts will unlock first, level 18 or 20 swordsman so any time now!

Ok, well gl with that! Don´t forget to post under achievements when u done it ;)

Back