unlocking certain skills.

34%, a friend of mine unlocked it recently
FreezyPops said:
RDA unlocks at ~30% min damage stat

FreezyP0ps said:
Sorry my unlock X%'s are based off this
(2.0-(MaxMin/ActualMin))*100 = X%

Being really n00bish here, but HOW exactly do you figure this out. How do you fill in the red bits, what weapons stats do you look at etc. Will I get a different figure when looking at the stats on my EWE EP-21 as compared to my MK2?

Maths never was my thing :D

Apples vs. Oranges

safara said:
Being really n00bish here, but HOW exactly do you figure this out. How do you fill in the red bits, what weapons stats do you look at etc. Will I get a different figure when looking at the stats on my EWE EP-21 as compared to my MK2?

You will have different figures for sure if comparing a pistol with a carbine. :wise:
But just try with two standard weapons (i.e. weapons without the SIB - Skill Increase Bonus) of the same class, and you'll have the correct answer ;)

That calculations seems to hold true for every standard weapon, being it a pistol, rifle, carbine, long/shortblade, powerfist, etc... as long as it doesn't have the SIB (that means no Opalo, TT weapons or most of the (L) weapons :))

Enjoy!
Paolo :smoke:

I think you all areb thinking way to complicated, i think the professional standing is nothing more then the average of the applicable skills. No weights attached to them just straight up.

Let's take the following example. A professional standing is calculated by the average of skill A and B

Skill A: 1000
Skill B: 1000

At this point skill C gets unlocked:
Skill A: 1000
Skill B: 1000
Skill C: 1

Now the professional standing is calculated by the average of skill A,B,C
So why doesnt it lower?

Cause skill C has a groundlevel of 1000, the number at which it unlocked.
So for calculation of prof. standing skill C doesnt have a value of 1, but of 1+1000

Weighting and all the other solutions simply dont work, why cause even when you make the weights for Skill A and B extremely large and the weight of Skill C extremely small, you will never ever keep your professional level the same, it will always drop.

Furthermore making the weights as described above would imply that unlocked skills have almost no influence over professional standing, which i know for a fact isnt true. (if you dont believe this, try chipping an unlocked skill away, and you will see your professional standing drop)

I hope any of this makes sense.

Back to the original question: serendipity unlocks at professional standing great meaning 3k professional standing. I just got it less then a week ago

This may be a little off topic; however why are melee players penalized in the hidden skill department? I know it takes a whole lot more melee skills to unlock serendipity with melee then it does with ranged. It seems MA should make a lot more money off melee (due to decay on armor etc.) then they do with ranged players. Why don't they want us to melee as opposed to ranged - ranged having all those other hidden skills but melee having only ma and mda. The limited amount of melee weapons also reflects this attitude - high decay low efficiency weapons seem to be the only thing available to melee players. I personally think tanking a bunch of mobs with my melee weapons - beating them up face to face is more fun then murdering some poor mob a mile away with some uber powered weapon. Why aren't clubs more readily available so you can skill more melee? The only clubs around are ridiculously inneficient and prohibitively expensive. I'm really beginning to believe that MA is trying to lead us around as to how to play the game rather then to give us those "endless possibilities".

Serendipity unlocks at 3k professional standing for both melee and rnaged.

Since unlockes skills do not change your professional standing by un locking, the number of unlocked skills in itself before serendipity makes no difference

Blackblood said:
Serendipity unlocks at 3k professional standing for both melee and rnaged.

Since unlockes skills do not change your professional standing by un locking, the number of unlocked skills in itself before serendipity makes no difference

Just think you didn't understand my post - it is a lot easier to unlock serendipity by pursuing ranged skills rather then melee skills.

Paolo said:
You will have different figures for sure if comparing a pistol with a carbine. :wise:
But just try with two standard weapons (i.e. weapons without the SIB - Skill Increase Bonus) of the same class, and you'll have the correct answer ;)

That calculations seems to hold true for every standard weapon, being it a pistol, rifle, carbine, long/shortblade, powerfist, etc... as long as it doesn't have the SIB (that means no Opalo, TT weapons or most of the (L) weapons :))

Enjoy!

Thanks Paolo, but what figures do you put in the Red bit of the equation? IE, what figures of the stats when I right click on a gun are used to fill in the red bit? :confused:

Lumpy bumpy :D

What figures from the stats on a weapon do you you put into the red bit of the eqaution I highlighted a couple of posts ago. Confused dummy I is :confused:

Unlock percentage calculations

FreezyP0ps said:
safara said:
Thanks Paolo, but what figures do you put in the Red bit of the equation? IE, what figures of the stats when I right click on a gun are used to fill in the red bit? :confused:

In the red bit you put the weapon's MinDamage and *your* Actual MinDamage..
take this image as an example:
freand.jpg

bugged pistol stats courtesy of Vap0r :p
So you'll put 24.5 and 17.3, giving you the following:
(2.0-(24.5/17.3))*100 = 58.38%

I said that this method doesn't apply to weapons with SIB, because in that case you'll get the following figure:
EnKnucklesA_Stats.JPG

my maxed out TT PowerFists
(2.0-(3.0/3.0))*100 = 100.00%​

Hope I made it a bit clearer, but feel free to ask :)

This is what I have found to be true for myself and and I am sure I read it in another thread here somewhere, just can't find it to reference.

If you look at your Hit Ability of a normal weapon in your chosen field, ie, no Skill bonus, you hit ability will give you your Prof Standing. For example, I unlocked RDA and MDA within days of each other and my Hit Ability for a carbine/rifle was 2.4 and for longblade 2.0

If you look at the charts on the first page of this post you will see that RDA unlocks at Experienced Sniper (2400 - 2599) and MDA at Capable Brawler (2000 - 2199).

So your hit ability is your Prof Standing. I would guess that at the time Paola took the screen shot of the pistol he was at Expert. 4.8 ->> 4800

So if you are at 2.0 or 1.9, your are close to MDA and the same for RDA in the 2.3-2.4 range.

Paolo said:
take this image as an example:
freand.jpg

bugged pistol stats courtesy of Vap0r :p
So you'll put 24.5 and 17.3, giving you the following:
(2.0-(24.5/17.3))*100 = 58.38%

Thanks Paolo and Pants,

too pissed at the moment to work the calculator, but cheers for helping a twit like me figure it out :D

Intuition :)

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

I wish :p

Pant said:
[...] I would guess that at the time Paola took the screen shot of the pistol he was at Expert. 4.8 ->> 4800[...]
Paolo said:
[...]
freand.jpg

---> bugged pistol stats courtesy of Vap0r :p <---

Damn, Pant, I *wish*! :)
Indeed, as stated under the image, those are Vap0r's stats on that gun, not mine :p
I follow The Path of the Blade mainly, and my HG actually has not even reached 1k :p

Last edited:
SIBUK said:
Intuition :)

Well SIBUK, given that those Snappers seems to always deal the same amount of damage, I s'pose that those two are kinda old images :p

Paolo said:
Well SIBUK, given that those Snappers seems to always deal the same amount of damage, I s'pose that those two are kinda old images :p

Another indication is that the skill page for the Beauty skills is missing.....

When was the Beauty profession introduced?
Summer last year or later?

Last edited:
Beauty skills: VU7.5

Raffaele Meiers said:
Another indication is that the skill page for the Beauty skills is missing.....

When was the Beauty profession introduced?
Summer last year or later?

Correct! And it seems like Beauty-related profession (thus skills) has been introduced with VU7.5 (30/06/2005)...

Wiki is our friend!
P. :smoke:

P.S.: why SIBUK posted that still goes unanswered, tho! :p lol

Congratulations you have gained skill in "search the forum"

thread deserves a bump :D

doing my skill searches, some great info here thanks

rotten ice said:
Congratulations you have gained skill in "search the forum"

thread deserves a bump :D

doing my skill searches, some great info here thanks

Yep, always thought the info in this thread should be tidyied and made into a sticky :D

""This formula rulez. I dont know what MA will do when they find out that we know, but it is the answer to the uncertainity with unlocking skills which many of us have faced. I unlocked my Wounding right at the point (62%) where FreezyP0ps said. So big +rep man, you are the skill genius, wiseman

Untill MA changes the system once again

Originally Posted by FreezyP0ps

Sorry my unlock X%'s are based off this

And in which cause im correct in my statment that wounding unlocks at "
""62%
"""

thenthy problably changedit..cause mine actual min dam is 15.6 and maxmindam is 21.5 (on an mk2)
im at 62.2%..but no wounding yet

Unlocking wounding... 62%?!

fluske said:
[...] thenthy problably changedit..cause mine actual min dam is 15.6 and maxmindam is 21.5 (on an mk2)
im at 62.2%..but no wounding yet

Hey fluske,
thanks for your infos...
In effect your exact percentage is 62.179487% ;)

It might be a rounding issue of some sort...
It would be wonderful if you would update us when you've gotten Wounding unlocked, so that we can have a precise percentage of when that happens.
Another thing that might (or might not!) influence this are chipping skills in/out... Did you?! :)

Cheers,

Just unlocked RDA and the Freezypops formula returns 30.70867% if I have done my sums right :D

Screenie of stats below on MKII

rda_318273.jpg

Well, if FreezyPops is right with his formula, and the unlocking takes place at 31%, then that means your ActualMin is 12,72. :)

sure,i will post when i unlock it..i did chip some ..first aid/medicine/rifle...1 full chip each..
lwt...3 full chips each..the rifle i chipped yesterday..cause i'm at 4.9 ha and 7.0 cha and wanted to unlock combatsense..did not happend yet :)

Mms: 17.796610%

Ok, just a quick addiction from a n00b (me! :p):
I just unlocked Markmanship, and my dmg% at the time was 17.796610%...

P. :smoke:

EDIT: edited to put more digits in the calculations :p

Last edited:
Does a combination of Rifle and HG skill contribute to RDA. I currently have 2100 rifle and 1500 HG. Beginning to wish i might have done just 1. But my HG skill is rising rapidly because i use an ep40. Economy due to misses/dmg not great but i just love using it more than anything else.

I think it does Westy, but I stand to be corrected :scratch:

paolo,it seems the formula is correct and you were right about it being an roundup issue,for when i checked my stats at an otherlasergun(mk3 or 4 i think)
i turned out to be slightly under 62%,
i unlocked wounding the day after i made the previous post

i have a little problem i am already Proficient 2787+ (Rifle skill) but haven't unlocked RDA yet.

any idea why?

thanks, Error.

Back