Skill Scanner

I will do screenshots and send to you soon. Thanks for hard work!

hmmm...since quite a few people like me are lazy ...
What about a downloadable beta version which automaticalle uploads the taken picture to the server ?Should give you enough pictures fast.
Include an option that you can switch it off if you do not need any more pictures and if MA twiddles with the fonts again, simple turn it on again and you will be flooded with enough screenshots to work with :D

...and even though I am lazy enough to find Paint on Windows 8 (I think I used it recently, but can not remember where it was), I am willing to test the "betas" and write if I find an error. :D

There is no place to find the old scanner? thinking i could use that untill the new one works?

cheers

There is no place to find the old scanner? thinking i could use that untill the new one works?

cheers

The old one is not reading the skills properly, thats why the need of a new version!
Soon enough jdegre will bring us that ;)

The old one is not reading the skills properly, thats why the need of a new version!
Soon enough jdegre will bring us that ;)

Let's hope so, I just recently figured out that uploaded skills/professions are of some use on Entropialife.
feks: http://www.entropialife.com/WeaponList.aspx , want to give it a try, since Entropedia seldom gets an update these days.

and yes Entropedia does offer the same service as i linked, but everything new has to be tried......

wel, almost everything..

Sumo

Let's hope so, I just recently figured out that uploaded skills/professions are of some use on Entropialife.
feks: http://www.entropialife.com/WeaponList.aspx , want to give it a try, since Entropedia seldom gets an update these days.

and yes Entropedia does offer the same service as i linked, but everything new has to be tried......

wel, almost everything..

Sumo

I guess I don't understand what this has to do with this problem because all of the skills are from a csv file that is provided by the skill scanner hence anything you would get from EP would be skills you would have uploaded from the scanner before the VU and not current.
Not trying to be a smart A$$ just wondering if I missed something.

i was just wondering when the NeXT scanner will be out. You said soon several times, but i have no grasp of what soon is to you.

Is it a few days? a few months?

This is not ment as a negative reply :) i really love your Work.

cheers

I guess I don't understand what this has to do with this problem because all of the skills are from a csv file that is provided by the skill scanner hence anything you would get from EP would be skills you would have uploaded from the scanner before the VU and not current.
Not trying to be a smart A$$ just wondering if I missed something.

I just wanted to upload my current skills to EL, to make use of the link I posted in this thread.

To clarify:
In entropedia you can enter your own current stats when looking at an item. That's what i meant.

In EL, the stats you have uploaded are used, may be a way of atlering the values, but i haven't found it.

I'm sure you've heard it before but:
Thanks for giving us this Jdegre

Sumo

Last edited:
I just wanted to upload my current skills to EL, to make use of the link I posted in this thread.

To clarify:
In entropedia you can enter your own current stats when looking at an item. That's what i meant.

In EL, the stats you have uploaded are used, may be a way of atlering the values, but i haven't found it.

I'm sure you've heard it before but:
Thanks for giving us this Jdegre

Sumo

Ah, I see makes sense. You can change the values in skill scanner also and this is a great feature as the value of your professional level changes as you change the amounts in the various skill attributed to the profession.

When will the new version of the scanner be avablible? Getting error messages when trying to download it:

404 - Document Not Found. The requested object or URL, /pe/scanner/Scanner50.zip was not found on this server. The link you followed is either outdated, inaccurate, or the server has been instructed not to let you have it.

hmmm....since I already admitted that I am lazy in sending screenshots ...
Will another donation get me into beta testing ?! :D
I am at least willing to give a feedback if something is wrong (and I feel that my signature is way outdated :D )

i have uploaded a beta version restricted to existing account holders. as soon as i get confirmation of how it is working, i'll make it available to everyone.

you can get v0.51 beta here:
http://jdegre.net/pe/scanner/Scanner51beta3.zip

if you want to try the "auto-scan" feature, do the following:
- click the auto-scan checkbox
- in EU, open a skill window and pick a section with multiple pages (for instance, "all skills"), and start the process with PrntScrn.
- you will hear a different sound when the page is processed, and then you can browse to the next page (no need to hit PrntScrn anymore); wait for the new scan sound in every page.
- the scanner reads the page count (1/20, 2/20, etc) and keeps track of which pages you have scanned, and keeps going in auto until there are no more pages left to scan
- when the process is done, you will hear the old "success" sound, and you will see all skills scanned in the grid

i have uploaded a beta version restricted to existing account holders. as soon as i get confirmation of how it is working, i'll make it available to everyone.

- in EU, open a skill window and pick a section with multiple pages (for instance, "all skills"), and start the process with PrntScrn.
- you will hear a different sound when the page is processed, and then you can browse to the next page (no need to hit PrntScrn anymore); wait for the new scan sound in every page.
- the scanner reads the page count (1/20, 2/20, etc) and keeps track of which pages you have scanned, and keeps going in auto until there are no more pages left to scan
- when the process is done, you will hear the old "success" sound, and you will see all skills scanned in the grid

Very nice, will test when I get home from work.

I used your tool very often in the past, not sure if I made an account though, if I make an account now, will this beta version work?

Working for me, autoscan too, thanks!

goodnewseveryone.png

Thank you, works perfectly both autoscan and manual scan :)

AWESOME! :yay:

Will try tonight and report the results :)

Everything works fine, thank you Jdegre, you're the best :cool:

Works like a charm thank you very much.

THIS IS NOT A GRIPE!! just a question:) the scanner seems to take a little longer to generate the values than the old scanner, it is because of the auto-scan function ? It seems to read the data twice in around 4 seconds each time. Are you trapping the mouse click and then comparing the data to make sure it has changed ? You don't have to answer I was just wondering being an old programmer myself.

Again thanks much for this awesome tool.

Beautiful jdegre,

All works well here.

Will go and make a donation now.

Once again a great effort.

Cheers Jung

Auto scanned and worked 100% :wise:

Thanks again jdegre !

Demonikos :tiphat:

Hey,

iit's not working for me. once i start the tool, the print screen key doesn't work. By not work i mean that i press it and it doesn't capture the screen, so can't copy it to paint for example. once i exit the scanner i can use the key and copy it to paint. dunno what's going on there.

Regards
Thark

Back