Skill Scanner

Well no wonder I can never find you in-game to donate via peds.

sigh.

Well no wonder I can never find you in-game to donate via peds.

sigh.

Send him an offline message in game, or message him here on the forum and he will come in game to get with you for a donation. That is how I donated. (Forum message and ingame friend request might work best, since he's not in much to check his messages).

I did make my last donation via pay-pal and that worked just fine. When I set it up originally I gave him a log-in name and he supplied me with a password.

Just my opinion on those who don't agree with paying a fee for the program, if 10 or 15 dollars it to much then you will have a very hard time making it in EU. If you plan on playing EU for free, which you can do but it is very hard, then you really won't need this program because I don't think you will get enough skills to track. Not trying to be rude but a statement of fact IMO.

I did make my last donation via pay-pal and that worked just fine.

I guess the issue is, if you want to keep game-related things ingame only; That you don't want to send Money with paypal to someone you don't know. It's like facebook and other "3rd party services".

I guess the issue is, if you want to keep game-related things ingame only; That you don't want to send Money with paypal to someone you don't know. It's like facebook and other "3rd party services".

I am not sure what you mean by "Someone you don't know" jdegre has been around a long, long time. This post was started Jan 6th 2008. I send money to people on e-bay when I buy something and I have no idea who they are. just saying.

anywho, payment methods notwithstanding (I keep my gameplay 'off the grid' ie deposit with cash (paysafecard) etc.) I will try to contact Jdegre via forum PM to set up a time to meet ingame.

cheers

Guess i'm doing skills manually for a while...

quick and painless donation via 50ped ingame - I PMed Jdegre here on PCF....10 mins later got a reply to basically meet him ingame right then. boom boom account created done and done.

thx Jdegre :thumbup:

Its a great tool, but
why have the word "Donation" now changed into meaning "Purchase".
Arent donations meant to be free...
I say this because i "donated" some for a looooooong time ago, and now i have to purchase, wops i mean donate to use it again.

Its a great tool, but
why have the word "Donation" now changed into meaning "Purchase".
Arent donations meant to be free...

i think i explained it in a previous post, but i'll try again: i made a tool, back in 2006/2007 called Chipping Optimizer. It was free, it is free and it will continue to be free (7-8 years of free continued service, and counting... not bad, in my opinion).

People were free to donate (*not purchase*), and support the tools, or not. As a reward for donators, an account in my site was offered, with some functionality enhancement (such as saving in my site your skills, your custom-defined skill prices, and so on...). Some people donated and, while I offered to everyone the possibility to make an account, some people did not even want it, mostly because of privacy concerns and such. Others, however, donated a 1st time, got their account, and donated a 2nd or a 3rd time just as sign of support or appreciation.

Then, I made another tool, called Skill Scanner, which is a convenience to save you some typing in the main tool (Chipping Optimizer). The reason for this tool to exist is simply because MA does not make available the list of skills as part of the avatar info in their web site, for reasons unknown to me. This 2nd tool, Skill Scanner, was fully functional in the beginning, and now it only works with an account (which is obtained as always, by *donating*).

I say this because i "donated" some for a looooooong time ago, and now i have to purchase, wops i mean donate to use it again.

if you donated via paypal, i do keep record of all paypal transaction emails; so, if you keep the email sent by paypal, or even if you only know the email address you used with paypal, we'll find the donation and of course you won't need to make any new donation.

if you donated in a pvp trade, and did not want an account back then, then unfortunately i did not keep track of those donations :(

i think i explained it in a previous post, but i'll try again: i made a tool, back in 2006/2007 called Chipping Optimizer. It was free, it is free and it will continue to be free (7-8 years of free continued service, and counting... not bad, in my opinion).

People were free to donate (*not purchase*), and support the tools, or not. As a reward for donators, an account in my site was offered, with some functionality enhancement (such as saving in my site your skills, your custom-defined skill prices, and so on...). Some people donated and, while I offered to everyone the possibility to make an account, some people did not even want it, mostly because of privacy concerns and such. Others, however, donated a 1st time, got their account, and donated a 2nd or a 3rd time just as sign of support or appreciation.

Then, I made another tool, called Skill Scanner, which is a convenience to save you some typing in the main tool (Chipping Optimizer). The reason for this tool to exist is simply because MA does not make available the list of skills as part of the avatar info in their web site, for reasons unknown to me. This 2nd tool, Skill Scanner, was fully functional in the beginning, and now it only works with an account (which is obtained as always, by *donating*).

if you donated via paypal, i do keep record of all paypal transaction emails; so, if you keep the email sent by paypal, or even if you only know the email address you used with paypal, we'll find the donation and of course you won't need to make any new donation.

if you donated in a pvp trade, and did not want an account back then, then unfortunately i did not keep track of those donations :(

So, basically, skillscanner just isn't free anymore, you cannot have it as a free version, just to scan your skills.
Appreciate the work though, nice tools, keep up the good work!

v0.52

I uploaded today a new version 0.52, which hopefully fixes an error scanning the Industrialist skill, as some people reported.

Also, it is compiled for the first time with Java 8 instead of Java 7. It should work fine with existing Java 7 JRE's, but if anyone runs into troubles with this, please consider upgrading to Java 8 first, and see if it works fine.

1) got security warnings on windows 8.1, first chrome then windows smartscreen
2) seems on this version, the print-screen capture is not working - simply does nothing... jre 8 update 31 here.
I uploaded today a new version 0.52, which hopefully fixes an error scanning the Industrialist skill, as some people reported.

Also, it is compiled for the first time with Java 8 instead of Java 7. It should work fine with existing Java 7 JRE's, but if anyone runs into troubles with this, please consider upgrading to Java 8 first, and see if it works fine.

hi smilgs. i have already replied to you over email, but let me repeat here what i told you, since i've got quite a few PMs about the same issue.

1) got security warnings on windows 8.1, first chrome then windows smartscreen

my usual development box is win7, but i made an install on a clean laptop, with win8.1; installed java 8u31 and the skill scanner. i got the same security warnings as you (chrome and window's smartscreen), and those seemed to me as generic warnings in the line of "zip files containing exe are suspicious, please do not run them if you don't trust the source".

well, that's a wise thing to do: don't download and run exe files if you don't trust the source. what else can i do??? :) it's not like the system warns you about finding trojan XXX.YYY in the exe, right? :p

2) seems on this version, the print-screen capture is not working - simply does nothing... jre 8 update 31 here.

in my win7 box, i tried scans of both EU and of PNG files, and both worked fine. in the win8.1 box i only tried with PNG files, and it worked fine too. no clue about what could be the reason for your problem. the usual things to check are:

- log in to the scanner with your <jdegre.net> account credentials. this is different than before. you MUST log in now, otherwise it won't scan.

- start the scanner after EU is already running. if you start EU after the scanner has launched, it hijacks the windows clipboard, and the scanner does not get a chance to get screen captures. (at least it was like that in the past, no sure if it has been changed in EU in recent updates)

- make sure there are no other apps hijacking the system clipboard. in my win8.1 box, i got a popup window from Dropbox, as soon as i pressed PrntScrn, asking if i wanted to save screen captures in the Dropbox folder. in my case, it did not interfere with the scanner, and it worked anyway, but i don't know about other apps.

I am not sure what you mean by "Someone you don't know" jdegre has been around a long, long time.

Clarification: With "someone I don't know" I pretty much mean "someone I don't know IRL".

I send money to people on e-bay when I buy something and I have no idea who they are. just saying.

When I go shopping IRL I don't give my avatar name; and unless it's something I need for just entropia, such as if I would need a new computer and asking for advice; otherwise (if I'm buying a loaf of bread) I would't tell the seller that I play at all.

think i screwed up with the part about logging in :) industrialist scanned correctly, thanks :)
will report next time when glamor scan wont be working lol

Does jdegre's scanner still work with current vu? (I'm having some difficulty getting it to take screenshots).

Thanks in advance :)
Sbi

Does jdegre's scanner still work with current vu? (I'm having some difficulty getting it to take screenshots).

Sbi

I used it without issue a few weeks ago. The main problem I have is that these days I'm usually using mobile tethering to connect (in spite of the fact i supposedly have "Comcast High Speed Internet service") and it works great for EU but the Tmobile filter blocks the scanner server URL (and a lot of other innocuous things -- got to get that turned off). So I'll already be logged in and plan on doing a scan, but the scanner fails because it can't connect and i won't want to log out and back in on comcast just to get the scan (assuming i even can connect on Comcast that day).

If you don't have access to the server of the scanner service for it to call home and verify if it's the most recent version, it won't work.

Reactions: sbi
I use it regularly with no problem.

Sbi

I'm using it daily without any issues. The only issue I'm really having is the slowness since his last major update. To speed it up you really need to use ALT-PrintScreen. Other than that again no real issues at all if any.

Thanks all. Guess I'll just have to give it another try :)

v0.53

I have uploaded Scanner v0.53, introducing the new skill (Resource Gathering) and profession (Resource Gatherer).

The new skill is under the category "Mining", but the new profession is under "Combat", could be an error, who knows... but I have done the same in the Scanner and Optimizer.

In the Optimizer, the new profession parameters are still unknown, so it will take a while to figure out the involved skills and their weight, but as soon as those are known, I'll update the Optimizer DB, and it won't require an update to the Scanner.

Skills I've got from gathering so far are:

• Resource Gathering
  • Analysis
  • Dexterity
  • Geology
  • Biology
  • Bravado
  • Perception

Resource Gathering doesn't appear to contribute to HP (tested by attempting to fap after a gain).

Skills I've got from gathering so far are:

• Resource Gathering
  • Analysis
  • Dexterity
  • Geology
  • Biology
  • Bravado
  • Perception

Resource Gathering doesn't appear to contribute to HP (tested by attempting to fap after a gain).

Botany adds to Resource Gathering too... strange but true.

the scanner wont work if you do not log in.
So i need an account. How ? where ?

first post states its not obligated to donate.

im curious how to get an account.

the scanner wont work if you do not log in.
So i need an account. How ? where ?

first post states its not obligated to donate.

im curious how to get an account.

All you need to do is donate any sum of money and an account will be created for you. And yes this great utility no longer is 'free' and should be that way since this is a GREAT utility that is much needed for some. Also when you create a account you will get a sig as well as shown below.

All you need to do is donate any sum of money and an account will be created for you. And yes this great utility no longer is 'free' and should be that way since this is a GREAT utility that is much needed for some. Also when you create a account you will get a sig as well as shown below.

first post

this means that it is absolutely free to use and people have no "obligation" whatsoever to donate, if they choose so. but, it is very appreciated if those people that find the application useful, and use it frequently, decide to support its development with a small donation.

well played

first post

this means that it is absolutely free to use and people have no "obligation" whatsoever to donate, if they choose so. but, it is very appreciated if those people that find the application useful, and use it frequently, decide to support its development with a small donation.

well played

actually, as of last year, you need to donate to be able to use it (i donated 50ped in-game)

yup i havent used it for a year and switched to manual updating in excel.

i thought i would give it another try if the OP says its free

yup i havent used it for a year and switched to manual updating in excel.

i thought i would give it another try if the OP says its free

Sorry about the confusion with the OP. Unfortunately, the forum software won't let me edit it, since it is several years old.

Back