Skill Scanner

are you running PEAss at the same time?
while in EU, when you press print-scrn, do you hear the camera sound, and after some seconds do you hear the confirmation sound?
does the bottom part of the program (the text console) shows any info at all?

(i need detailed info about the problems, guys... :D )

Nope, no PEAss.
I hear camerasound, i hear confirmation..
When i tab out.. there is nothing :)

Nope, no PEAss.
I hear camerasound, i hear confirmation..
When i tab out.. there is nothing :)

well, with that info it's impossible for me to reproduce the error, or to imagine what could be the reason. is there any text in the console? (probably we should take this to PM since it seems to be an isolated issue affecting only to you for some reason?)

Worked brilliantly for me :D Thanks jdegre

I've added a CSV import for my skill calculator... mostly because I plan on using the Skill Scanner for now on :D

Entropia Tools: CSV Skill Calculator

Thanks again

that's perfect; glad to help to complement one of the best EU-related tool sites.

maybe, just a suggestion wrt the link; i think you should clarify the beta status of the program, and also maybe point the link to this thread, or otherwise keep in mind to change it in the future (the "howto" page is only intended for the beta testing; once the program becomes more stable, i'll change it to something else).

maybe, just a suggestion wrt the link; i think you should clarify the beta status of the program, and also maybe point the link to this thread, or otherwise keep in mind to change it in the future (the "howto" page is only intended for the beta testing; once the program becomes more stable, i'll change it to something else).

sure thing ;) Thanks again

are you running PEAss at the same time?
while in EU, when you press print-scrn, do you hear the camera sound, and after some seconds do you hear the confirmation sound?
does the bottom part of the program (the text console) shows any info at all?

(i need detailed info about the problems, guys... :D )
I´m having the same issue in full screen mode.

I hear camera and then confirmation but no skills occur.
This is what it says in the logwindow.

Data!
Nothing found! Trying with higher gamma
Nothing found!

Running vista.

Looks good and easy though.

I will try window mode also.

( It works fine in window mode. )

Last edited:
Just tried it, and it worked awesome! And very nice to see my skill value at entropiatools.com. Just one thing, it apparently has trouble with skills I had but are no longer have unlocked because of chipping out. They are displayed in ugly red, and it doesn't see them. I can see why and how that happens, and it isn't important, just mentioning.

I´m having the same issue in full screen mode.

I hear camera and then confirmation but no skills occur.
This is what it says in the logwindow.

Data!
Nothing found!

Running vista.

Looks good and easy though.

I will try window mode also.

( It works fine in window mode. )

ok, that's much better; _now_ i have an idea of what can be going wrong... :)

could you please check the gamma setting in EU? if it is too extreme, try setting it in the center of the slider.

(and it would be great if you could send me a screenshot of the EU screen, showing the skills panel, while in full mode?; please, take the capture in BMP and email-me to <jdegre AT gmail DOT com>).

same goes for zabler (if your error msg is the same...)

@Daar: yes, this is a known issue, which quickly became a feature :) ... re-locked skills, in red, are not (and will not be) recognized by the program.

Do you think the two event ratings should be removed from the listing/total? These are not really skills and I doubt MA counts them as skills for society rankings. Some people might not notice these are included and think they have ~2k more skills than they do. ;)

Do you think the two event ratings should be removed from the listing/total? These are not really skills and I doubt MA counts them as skills for society rankings. Some people might not notice these are included and think they have ~2k more skills than they do. ;)

in fact, these pseudo-skills are not accounted in the total displayed, but i forgot to include a reminder in the "howto" :duh:

ok, that's much better; _now_ i have an idea of what can be going wrong... :)

could you please check the gamma setting in EU? if it is too extreme, try setting it in the center of the slider.

(and it would be great if you could send me a screenshot of the EU screen, showing the skills panel, while in full mode?; please, take the capture in BMP and email-me to <jdegre AT gmail DOT com>).

same goes for zabler (if your error msg is the same...)

@Daar: yes, this is a known issue, which quickly became a feature :) ... re-locked skills, in red, are not (and will not be) recognized by the program.

Dont get a errormessage in fullscreen, when i tab out the program is 100% white.. No text, no nothing..

So i buggfixxed it myself.. started the game in windowmode, captured, restarted.. works like a charm ;)

in fact, these pseudo-skills are not accounted in the total displayed, but i forgot to include a reminder in the "howto" :duh:

True, the skills I have in these are not included in the total provided by the Skill Scanner.

I went on to try this since every other tool i tried for collecting and upload skills to various sites and other tools failed without exception. Naturally my expectations were low to say the least.

Made a manual count of my skills, then ran Skill scanner for comparence reasons. The results match 100%, and in my world it can't get better than that. :yay:
I uploaded to Chipping optimizer and Hey, there's a new world here:laugh:
The csv is neat and clean. I can't really find anything to complain about or find a reason to suggest some improvements at the moment. It just works!:silly2:

Great work! As usual!:D

+rep

Steve Mischief

Last edited:
I've tried fullscreen & windowed mode on my XP machine, both worked flawlessly. Great sounds effects :D

Oh, I thought they were included in the total because they were in the list. So I guess I have 2k more than I thought. :)

Doesn't work for Me:cry:

same as described before:

Data!
Nothing found!

But windowed mode didn't work for me :scratch2:
Played around with gamma settings too..

Will try it on another PC and send you the bmp's of my PC tonight

please, read the instructions carefully. remember the beta status, and avoid posting here "it doesn't work for me, this program sucks" messages :silly2: if you don't like to try half-cooked applications, probably it is better to stay away until it is a little bit more mature...

There should be np with this, I've played PE/EU for 4½ yrs now! :D ;) j/k
I use Excel and put my stats in there, so I will probably not try the app.
But good luck with it thou', quite useful (and way faster than Excel :D). :)

I use Excel and put my stats in there, so I will probably not try the app.
But good luck with it thou', quite useful (and way faster than Excel :D). :)
The app can save you skills in a CVS file which should be easy to import or copy/paste into Excel if you want.

I will start with a +rep to Jdegre, assuming I am allowed., might have done it too recently already.

2 minor issues.

First:
It will only do 5 scans (for me) if auto-screen is running.
Tried several times.
Auto screen on, 5 scans (presses of PRT-SCRN) and it stops scanning.
It does not crash.
Can save results, etc. Just wont process any more screen shots. :scratch2:

Second:
Does not calculate a "total skill count".

All skills accurately counted. No total value.

A pre-release tool with such minor problems is rather exceptional. :D

First:
It will only do 5 scans (for me) if auto-screen is running.
Tried several times.
Auto screen on, 5 scans (presses of PRT-SCRN) and it stops scanning.

did you buy the full license??? if not, there's a 5 scans limit... sorry.

j/k :laugh:

i guess that there must be a problem (most probably in my code) that creates some kind of interaction with other programs listening in the windows clipboard. as stated in first post, there is a known issue with PEAss; and now, with AutoScreen... I think I have solved it in the new version but I have to do more tests.

Second:
Does not calculate a "total skill count".

total skill count is displayed only in a "status line" below the skills table, and above the "text console"; do you mean that it does not appear there for you or that it says "total: 0 skills" all the time?.

total skill count is not included in the CSV file (i didn't see the need, since CSV files are intended to be processed further by other applications, which will calculate this total if desired, but if someone finds it useful i can add it).

I finally got around to testing it...
It rox! :yay:

Worked perfect for me in full screen. Great job. +Rep :)

But... (always a but right?)
2 minor things:
- Checking the skills, seems a bit slow compared to NRF. Maybe it's possible to optimize a bit in a future version?
- When I took shots w/o skill window open, I got the "gamma error thingy".... (expected), but the sound was the same as when it succeeded. :scratch2:

Anyway, great tool.. Thx for that. ;)

- Checking the skills, seems a bit slow compared to NRF. Maybe it's possible to optimize a bit in a future version?

Yeah, but overall, for me at least, it's a lot faster. With NRF I had to switch compatibility mode for entropia.exe to win2k, switch to full screen and different res in client loader (wouldn't work for me in windowed mode), then alt-tab a bunch to parse the skills, then switch it all back afterwards. With this it's just one button push for each skill screen. :)

total KICK ASS tool!! +++rep :yay:

just finished up using it (and telling soc mates about it) ... worked PERFECTLY in my case ... tyvm and +rep :)

I finally got around to testing it...
It rox! :yay:

Worked perfect for me in full screen. Great job. +Rep :)

But... (always a but right?)
2 minor things:
- When I took shots w/o skill window open, I got the "gamma error thingy".... (expected), but the sound was the same as when it succeeded. :scratch2:

Anyway, great tool.. Thx for that. ;)

wrt your two issues:

- yeah, there is _lots_ of room for optimization, maybe not so much in the parsing phase (it takes 2-3 secs./skill panel in my case) but specially in the startup phase.

- the "gamma error", in that case, is not really related to the gamma; it is just that the position of the skills panel could not be found. sometimes it is because you just had it closed, but sometimes it is because the gamma is very extreme and i cannot detect any known "reference" point. in any case, there should be an error sound - fully agreed.

@others: thx a lot for the nice feedback and the +reps; it's greatly appreciated.

I tested it last nite.
I indeed get a freeze after 2 to 4 captures when i have PE ass running.

The recognision itself seems to work perfectly though.

I hope you can resolve the issue with other programms running.

Cheers
Richard
(ingame Siam)

i've posted a new version 0.04
it tries to fix the interaction bug with PEAss and AutoScreen.

if any of the people who experienced these problems could report if it works now, or if the error persists, i'd appreciate it.

/jdegre.

Just tried the new version and it works well in combination with autoscreen ( autoscreen does a screenshot too but thats obvious)

My only issue (a minor one) is the parsing time using win2k ... parsing the skill values takes 12-15 sec which seams a bit much but might be just a problem on my pc

Nevermind i'll do a update of my java install and come back then

Back