Skill Scanner

Regardless of who has paid what and who hasn't there still is no finished version of scanner for many months even for those that have donated 100 ped +

I managed to use the beta once and get print screen to get data but not since.

All this stuff about how much you donate etc or like Jesus isn't really relevant to having a full working version and the last full version must have been around 6 months ago.

The beta has always worked for me and still does as far as I know. Just press "Load skills from Chipping Optimizer" first to enable Auto Scan.

What ever happend to this scanner, it dont seem to work with "print screen" anymore.

What ever happend to this scanner, it dont seem to work with "print screen" anymore.

I am not sure why yours is not working because mine has worked from day one. This may be a dumb question but did you do the setup and indicate the path where you want the print screens to be stored ? That is the only thing I can think that would cause it not to work.

I am not sure why yours is not working because mine has worked from day one. This may be a dumb question but did you do the setup and indicate the path where you want the print screens to be stored ? That is the only thing I can think that would cause it not to work.

Mine have also worked from day one... the last (I dont know) 5 years?.
Ive never stored any screens, just clicked "print screen".

Mine have also worked from day one... the last (I dont know) 5 years?.
Ive never stored any screens, just clicked "print screen".

Did you recently change comps/OS? I know I have to fiddle with setting to get it to work anytime I reinstall windows 7.

Check if you have EF tracker running, if yes the skill scanner don't work.

Other thing can be the black printscreens that you got under win 7. Check this thread to make it work.

(I have the Entropia client with the option to "Disable desktop composition". So everytime I open the client you are ready to make the print screen key to work in the game)

I'm getting a 404 when clicking on the download link. Is it down or do i need to login first somewhere?

Instead of everybody fighting...

MAYBE we should all blast MA with requests for this nifty function, Like suggested here.

What is really puzzles me is the fact that MA, owning this game where some people blast an insane amount of money on skills, cannot be bothered to make a little icon "Export your skills".

It has nothing to do with loot patterns - is so weird this info cannot be easily exported.

As for those arguing back and forth...

(I've been a programmer since 2100BC... Well I've got a bigger Wank than you!... "children, stop fighting, mommy has a migraine!")

let's toss my 2pecs in... I BUILT my first computer in 1978, and soldered every darn connection myself... and didn't stop building, programming, and designing them and their software till I was forced to retire due to a disability (getting shot tends to change many things)... so ya'll quit yer complaining, and either support him, don't support him, or write your own program to do the job! but stop acting like a group of 4 year olds with only one toy. Sheesh!

MAYBE we should all blast MA with requests for this nifty function, Like suggested here.

(I've been a programmer since 2100BC... Well I've got a bigger Wank than you!... "children, stop fighting, mommy has a migraine!")

let's toss my 2pecs in... I BUILT my first computer in 1978, and soldered every darn connection myself... and didn't stop building, programming, and designing them and their software till I was forced to retire due to a disability (getting shot tends to change many things)... so ya'll quit yer complaining, and either support him, don't support him, or write your own program to do the job! but stop acting like a group of 4 year olds with only one toy. Sheesh!

Well said! If you don't like the food eat at another restaurant.

So you can answer what is: function ins(@d,NULL){%s = ret($1+10);rout(#."is".(answer here),%s);}

(getting shot tends to change many things)... so ya'll quit yer complaining, and either support him, don't support him, or write your own program to do the job! but stop acting like a group of 4 year olds with only one toy. Sheesh!
I figured since you can't even english that this might be genuine, but, pics or didn't happen.

sorted, need to meet jdegre, sent friend request

Last edited:
seem that the page for the download of the skill scanner is giving a 404 message now. is there anyweher else we can get a skill scanner? or do I have to count every single one of them? i sent Jdegre a pm, but no reply.

regards,

PW

I love the new autoscanner, great job mate 8))))

Maybe some mod should add this to OP's post as a mod comment :)

Even the mods can't edit a post that is more than 4yrs old. Sorry.

Is there a way to use the skill scanner still or the beta version for that matter if i do not have an account in the chip optimizer software? Currently the print screen function isnt working for me with the beta. Thanks

Me thinks "beta" version will stay like it is.

There will be no free version, fully functional, anymore. Why it should be? Skill chipping is big business in EU, and if the author of this little yet great tool is not connected to MA in any way, financially wise, why he should support MA for free?

There will be no free version, fully functional, anymore. Why it should be? Skill chipping is big business in EU, and if the author of this little yet great tool is not connected to MA in any way, financially wise, why he should support MA for free?

Exactly, the free lunch is gone forever. I was a programmer and I know exactly how hard this work is and I would have never had a free one after the first year. Kudos to JD for writing this is the first place.

Great program... thanks!

Suggestion:

Could you link on either the main download page, or on the chipping optimizer page any other pages that work with it?

I know of http://jdegre.net/pe/charts/skillhist.php which is fun to play with, but I have no idea if there are any others I'm missing out on.

Thanks!

This is the main D/L page for the scanner and in order for it to work properly requires a donation.

http://jdegre.net/pe/scanner/

I know that. :laugh: I was wondering if there were any other useful pages that are not obvious.

The one I linked to shows graphs of your skills over time, even breaking them down into professions or individual skills. Not that critical, but still a great function I only recently learned about. It'd be nice if there was some link on the often used pages that went to that function, or any others that I'd missed.

Edit: One other thing would be nice. Something like the chipping optimizer page, but calculates how much effect "x" amount of 'natural' skill is needed to reach "Y" level. So, as a rule of thumb, 1% of TT spent hunting is returned in the TT vale of skills gained. If I gained 100 TT of skills (10K cycled) where is my Pyro (Hit) profession expected to be at the end?

Last edited:
I know that. :laugh: I was wondering if there were any other useful pages that are not obvious.

The one I linked to shows graphs of your skills over time, even breaking them down into professions or individual skills. Not that critical, but still a great function I only recently learned about. It'd be nice if there was some link on the often used pages that went to that function, or any others that I'd missed.

Edit: One other thing would be nice. Something like the chipping optimizer page, but calculates how much effect "x" amount of 'natural' skill is needed to reach "Y" level. So, as a rule of thumb, 1% of TT spent hunting is returned in the TT vale of skills gained. If I gained 100 TT of skills (10K cycled) where is my Pyro (Hit) profession expected to be at the end?

You can kind of experiment with your skill numbers. I.E. say you 1000 skill points in Laser Weaponry Technology after you load your ranged laser damage profession. You can add points to laser W. Tech. say 150 and it will increase ranged laser damage profession accordingly. Moreover you can pick a profession like ranged laser damage and see what skills help that profession and before you start your run you can hit the K key and record all the points for those skills and after the run or the day add the increase to those skills to the chip optimizer and you can see the increase to that profession. Although you must be up to date each time before you start, you will need to run the skill scanner each day and that way you can see what increase you have had that day and how much it costs you for the increase.

Hope that makes sense to you.

BTW I don't think what you want to do will work and the reason I say that is I watch the progress bar all the time and I have noticed that the skills do not increase at the same rate all the time. Let me explain, I just unlocked kill strike a several days ago so it has had a lot of activity. At first about every time I got a greenie it would go up a full point (I.E. from 1 to 2 etc.) , now it has slowed down quite a bit as I am over 3K in points but still is fairly active and I have noticed that sometimes I get one greenie and get a full point increase and other times it may take 4 or 5 greenies to get it to increase 1 point. I am hunting the same mob and maturity does not seem to make a difference, I.E. a young will yield just as large, or small, an increase as a provider so I don't think you can predict that x amount of ped will yield the same amount of skill everytime. If you are have a good day you may spend 10K and x amount of increase and the next day half that.

Last edited:
Is there a way to use the skill scanner still or the beta version for that matter if i do not have an account in the chip optimizer software? Currently the print screen function isnt working for me with the beta. Thanks

NOTE: This version is a beta version, and it requieres an account to work properly. If you want to get an account, please contact me either ingame, in Planet Calypso Forum, or via email; a donation somewhere in the range of $5-$15, or equivalent amount in PEDs, is expected, to support the further development of the tools and the hosting fees. In the future, there might be a free version with limited features, but this is uncertain as of today.

This scanner is way to great to be for free anymore so to get the full use of it you should donate giving you full power of the scanner to upload and keep a history of all your skills plus get a cool little sig as shown below.

http://jdegre.net/pe/scanner/

Also if you did donate already, before you use it each time you first need to download your old skills first.

True, is not connected to MA.
All info, data and testing he got trought the years from comunity for free.

Not exactly what you are asking but this will take two skill snapshots and estimate how many "identical" runs you'd have to do to reach a given professional level: Profession Progress Calculator. Here's another guide on how to use it.

Actual tool URL is http://esi.coolinc.info/progress.cgi

It should be considered "beta" software.

FYI skills are gained in the proportion (in tt) they contribute to the profession being performed. There's one detail of that statement i've not been able to determine with certainty, but i won't discuss it here to avoid confusing the issue.

who knows... maybe i'll find time to play EU again, and maybe i'll find time to make a non-beta version. in any case, call it beta or not, the latest version works fine, as far as I can tell. the only problems i've been told, are related to video setups with AntiAliasing activated (specially certain strange AA modes such as FXAA). other than that, the beta version works as always (but it does require an account, true).

There will be no free version, fully functional, anymore.
this is true, yeap. however, there might be a free version with limited functionality, this is not decided. all i know is that my spare time to devote to EU has gone to essentially zero. you can check my global history in EntropiaLife, and see how much I've played this year. this is mostly due to IRL issues out of my control. whether i'll have time again for EU, or not, i don't know. so, i have decided that, if i'm going to spend time maintaining the tool (which i still do), i think it's deserved to get some kind of compensation. people may disagree of course, and i respect that.

All info, data and testing he got trought the years from comunity for free.
not sure if i'm interpreting this statement correctly, but just let me add that all info you may be referring to comes from the community, including me, and it is available and free for the community to use it, exactly. i think i've contributed to that data as much as any other player. as a result, you have the Chipping Optimizer tool, which has been running completely free for 7+ years, it is still completely free, and I have no plans to change that.

Back