Skill Scanner

the tool does not say directly the size of the ESI. it says the size of the filled implant that you would get, if you were to chip out a number of skill points. knowing that the relation between both (ESI size and implant size) is 10%, the rest is pretty straightforward.

example:
- start with a blank sheet in the chipping optimizer
- pick "show all skills" in the drop down list
- enter your current skill points value in any of the skills; e.g., 5000 in Alertness
- pick "chip out" in the radio buttons, enter 0 in the target level, click go!
- in the Alertness row, check the figure in green, in brackets: (135.47 PED); that's the resulting implant size

so, the ESI size you need is: 135.47 / 0.9 = 150.52 PED (10% higher)

Fantastic, thank you

site is down :scratch2::scratch2:

anyone can confirm :confused:

i am currently abroad on a biz trip, and i'm not monitoring the server very closely, but i just checked quickly and it seems to be up and running normally...

any specific issue or was it simply that the web page was not loading?

Donation sent.

How do I set up an account? :) ty

thanks, mate, for your support, it's really appreciated!...

i'll send you a PM with your account credentials in a minute.

I have windows 10 and try everything xD Skill Scaner is not working for me entirely. When i press Print screen nothing happens even if im running it as a nadministratior ;/ No clue

I have windows 10 and try everything xD Skill Scaner is not working for me entirely. When i press Print screen nothing happens even if im running it as a nadministratior ;/ No clue

you need to have an account to make it work. not sure if you have one or not, since many people ask for an account via email, and i don't know about their PCF identities. so, in case you don't have an account, that's why it does not work for you, regardless of windows 10 or any other factor.

I still dont get this donation thing, shouldnt donations be optional?
This is not a donation system its a purchase system.

I really do like your work with this application, its just that im a bit confused :) :cool:

I really do like your work with this application, its just that im a bit confused :) :cool:

i'd like to see it as a donation, as a support gesture for developing and making available non-stop the whole set of skill-related tools in my site during the past 6-7 years.

some features are free (e.g., the chipping optimizer, which is the "core" feature), and some others (the scanner) are given as "reward" to donators, as a convenience to save you from some typing.

if you like, you can compare it to the old donation system in this forum, which gave you access to certain extra features. were those features purchased, or given as a reward to donators? not sure... and don't care, really.

but, in brief, if it helps you make you feel less confused, you can always regard it as a purchase too, no worries :)

This is most likely related to the black screenshot issue with Windows 10. Try doing it in windowed mode instead, that should work.

I understand the question by why even ask it?

(of a person) unable to think clearly; bewildered.
" was utterly confused about what had happened"
synonyms:
demented, bewildered, muddled, addled, befuddled, disoriented,

:scratch2::scratch2:

if you like, you can compare it to the old donation system in this forum, which gave you access to certain extra features. were those features purchased, or given as a reward to donators? not sure... and don't care, really.

but, in brief, if it helps you make you feel less confused, you can always regard it as a purchase too, no worries :)

Well said and a big plus for you continuing on when many others have given up on EU information projects

Since we're defining things:

donation
[doh-ney-shuh n]

noun
1.an act or instance of presenting something as a gift, grant, or contribution.
2.a gift, as to a fund; contribution.

purchase
[pur-chuh s]

verb (used with object), purchased, purchasing.
1.to acquire by the payment of money or its equivalent; buy.
2.to acquire by effort, sacrifice, flattery, etc.
3.to influence by a bribe.
4.to be sufficient to buy:
Twenty dollars purchases a subscription.
5.Law. to acquire (land or other property) by means other than inheritance.
6.to move, haul, or raise, especially by applying mechanical power.
7.to get a leverage on; apply a lever, pulley, or other aid to.

So unless the creator of the skill scanner is trying to avoid income taxes on the money he/she gains from his/her program, I see no reason to refer to it as a donation. Clearly you are required to PURCHASE the product to be able to use it.

So unless the creator of the skill scanner is trying to avoid income taxes on the money he/she gains from his/her program, I see no reason to refer to it as a donation. Clearly you are required to PURCHASE the product to be able to use it.

Well I guess if you want to blame anyone about this I guess it's me. A while back when MA updated the graphics and put the scanner out of sync there were many MANY crying none stop to get jdegre to fix this! They were more or less demanding it. So from that I sent him an email saying that he should make the scanner fully function only if one is to give him money FOR HIS HARD F***ING work. I was happy to see the next release was just that. So stop your crying and just donate 1 buck if you want to use it.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm all for a programmer profiting off of a useful program they created using lots of hard work and dedication, just don't try to hide behind the smokescreen of a donation. Come right out and say "Purchase Entropia Skill Scanner for $X or Y PED".

Since we're defining things:

My guess is the donations Help to pay for server costs and everything else a gift by the programmer :)
I am going to toss some $ that way now again.

best of luck to you : )

Last edited:
Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm all for a programmer profiting off of a useful program they created using lots of hard work and dedication, just don't try to hide behind the smokescreen of a donation. Come right out and say "Purchase Entropia Skill Scanner for $X or Y PED".

ok, now that we have plenty of definitions, everyone can use their own judgement to determine what is what :) if anyone feel so strongly about it, they can call it a purchase, no problem at all; just let me call it a donation because that's how i see it.

if you think this is all about taxes, you're wrong. i don't know about your country, but in my country the obligation to pay taxes does not depend on "how i personally call things". also, for whatever is worth, when you make the donation (or purchase) via paypal, i do pay a significant fee to them, btw, and happy to do it.

so, let's close the issue, please, and let everyone call this however they want; i hope there are more interesting things in EU to discuss about than this :)

Hi Jdegre,

Amazing stuff! I have not used your app in ages, still works like a charm. Thanks for keeping this going all those years!

Hi Jdegre,

Amazing stuff! I have not used your app in ages, still works like a charm. Thanks for keeping this going all those years!

indeed !
i had to check 1st post for this thread and chipping optimizer thread, and it seems it's been 8 1/2 years of skill scanner, and 9 1/2 years of chipping optimizer, with basically zero downtime :eyecrazy:

hope it will go on for many more years :yup:

"hope it will go on for many more years"

We too Jedgre :D tnx for your efforts!

DRM

Hi jdegre, got a problem with the skill scanner.Have tryed tonight to use it but everytime i press alt/printscreen in window mode i get the message in skill scanner saying "clipboard error,cannot open system clipboard" any idea what i am doing wrong? am using w10 pro if that makes any differance.
Thanks for any help you can give me :thumbup:

Hi jdegre, got a problem with the skill scanner.Have tryed tonight to use it but everytime i press alt/printscreen in window mode i get the message in skill scanner saying "clipboard error,cannot open system clipboard" any idea what i am doing wrong? am using w10 pro if that makes any differance.
Thanks for any help you can give me :thumbup:

hi mate,
i'm using also W10, with no problems; not sure what might be causing this problem. i'd recommend to try any (or all) of the following:
- try to close any other application that you think might be using the clipboard (in the past, i was told there were problems with other EU tools that grabbed the clipboard and prevented other applications from using it, although i never experienced those problems myself)
- try running the scanner without EU launched at all (just to see if the problem is created by the EU client, somehow)
- try un-istalling java and re-installing from the scratch the latest version (Java SE 8u111, at the time of writing this)

hope it helps...

hi mate,
i'm using also W10, with no problems; not sure what might be causing this problem. i'd recommend to try any (or all) of the following:
- try to close any other application that you think might be using the clipboard (in the past, i was told there were problems with other EU tools that grabbed the clipboard and prevented other applications from using it, although i never experienced those problems myself)
- try running the scanner without EU launched at all (just to see if the problem is created by the EU client, somehow)
- try un-istalling java and re-installing from the scratch the latest version (Java SE 8u111, at the time of writing this)

hope it helps...

I am using win10 also and I don't understand why he is using alt-prtscn , is that a new requirement ? I have not used the scanner for a while.

I am using win10 also and I don't understand why he is using alt-prtscn , is that a new requirement ? I have not used the scanner for a while.

Alt+PrntScrn captures only the content of the active window, instead of capturing the whole desktop (this is a Windows feature, not Scanner-specific, just to be clear :silly2: )

Not a very big deal if your EU window is only slightly smaller than the whole desktop; but, in theory, the scanner should always do its task faster if you press Alt+... than if you simply press PrntScrn.

hi mate,

hope it helps...

thanks for the advice, but nothing i tryed seem to work! soooo i as i do a yearly reinstall of windows i tryed that and scanner is working fine now :yay:
just to confirm was using scanner in window mode with entropia thats why i was alt+printscreening.
also using windows 10 64bit.thx again for your help and advice :)

v0.56

I have uploaded v0.56 to the usual place:

http://jdegre.net/pe/scanner/

The changes are minor.. just a small tweak of the OCR to fix several glitches I have received from different people, and also I have changed how the total skill number is calculated, to align it with how EU client does it (round to lowest integer, per skill, and exclude the skill in the social category).

This way, you can easily check if the OCR is working fine for you, or not, since now both app and EU should give the same exact count.

Nice update, much faster and no clipboard errors :D

I second that it is MUCH faster, and exact match for skill count in entropia and in the tool.
Nice update, much faster and no clipboard errors :D

I've had some problems lately with skills where the progress bar ends on top of the numbers, I'll see if this fixes that. If not I'll try to send you screenshots.

Back