Skill Scanner

I have similar problems at times when I run the scanner and EU in parallel. A very simple workaround is to take screenies in EU, close EU and then simply open the skill scanner and your favorite picture viewer to show the screenies taken. As you copy them to the clipboard, the scanner does the work very nicely.

yes, that's always a possibility of course. also, in case the site is down for whatever reason, you can do the same; save the pictures in bmp to your desktop, and process them later, out of EU.

I have the feeling that the communication between the scanner and jdegre.net is somehow impaired by EU as it hangs when the scanner tries to get data... for me it always eventually came through, but once I waited about 10 min. As I am not the most patient person, I took the workaround ;)

hmm, that would be really, really strange. i'm aware of interactions between PEAss or Autoscreen with the Skill Scanner, due to the way the windows clipboard works.
but i've never noticed anything strange in the communication with the server (except isolated issues when the site has problems, obviously), and never related to the fact that you are running EU at the same time, or not.

i'll keep an eye on it, thou.

tried again without PEass turned on and skill scanner worked perfect again.

donno if its related or not.

i'll keep an eye on it, thou.
To support that: I run on Win 2k SP5, OpenOffice 2.4 Quickstarter running, FRAPS as well. If autoscreen interacts, maybe FRAPS does as well? Don't worry too much about me though, I'm getting along nicely with this great tool :)

Just a quick question, not sure if its been asked/answered yet as i didn't read ALL 43 pages ;) I had been using Skill Scanner for awhile and trusted its Net Value was correct. Recently i added it all up then manually calculated the tt value and auction value. Was nearly 2x the net value. So...well i guess thats my question... :cool:

Just a quick question, not sure if its been asked/answered yet as i didn't read ALL 43 pages ;) I had been using Skill Scanner for awhile and trusted its Net Value was correct. Recently i added it all up then manually calculated the tt value and auction value. Was nearly 2x the net value. So...well i guess thats my question... :cool:

Auction value is not net value. Net value subtracts the estimated cost of the esi's you would need to buy to chip all of your skills out.

Auction value is not net value. Net value subtracts the estimated cost of the esi's you would need to buy to chip all of your skills out.

exactly, net value considers cost of ESIs, _and_ the 10% chip-out loss.
this applies to the total net value of your avatar, and also to the incremental net value shown in the 'progress' tab.

So net value is really auction value -10% and the esi, 900-1000%? Sorry never really put the time into figuring out the math involved here, dont plan on chipping out any time soon ;)

I never plan to chip out anything, but this sure does add a nice dimension to skilling.
+rep for sure

Okay this is not working for me any more

all it says nothing found what am i doing worng doing exactly like i used to only difference is it says nothing found now

Okay this is not working for me any more

all it says nothing found what am i doing worng doing exactly like i used to only difference is it says nothing found now

hmmm, no idea what could be the problem.
it works ok for me, i have not released any new version, and i have not touched anything server side :scratch2:
are you using the same gamma setting as always? have you applied java patches and/or windows patches lately?

also, i don't know if you're using peass and/or autoscreen, but it's a known issue that these applications don't get along very well with the skill scanner. if you're using them, try shutting them down first, and try again.

hmmm, no idea what could be the problem.
it works ok for me, i have not released any new version, and i have not touched anything server side :scratch2:
are you using the same gamma setting as always? have you applied java patches and/or windows patches lately?

also, i don't know if you're using peass and/or autoscreen, but it's a known issue that these applications don't get along very well with the skill scanner. if you're using them, try shutting them down first, and try again.

Hiya

Im using windows vista 32 bit as autoscreen has stopped working for me since last update so removed that dont use peass, no patches nothing same gamma same everything

Jdegre, I just did a scan where it did not pick up my Melee Damage Assessment, twice. Let me know if you want me to send you a screen.

Jdegre, I just did a scan where it did not pick up my Melee Damage Assessment, twice. Let me know if you want me to send you a screen.

yes, please, i've received today a couple of reports about that too! and i'm curious about the issue.
BTW, while you're at it, could you send me a screen with the particle beamer skill? i think the issue is related somehow.

I love your dedication to the skill scanner. Keep up the good work.:wtg:

find me in game I got a present for you

BTW, while you're at it, could you send me a screen with the particle beamer skill? i think the issue is related somehow.

ok, no need to send anything...
in this VU, MA has changed the skill name: Particle Beamer Weaponry Technology is now Particle Beamer Technology.
This screwed up things in the scanner; i'll fix it ASAP!!

I love your dedication to the skill scanner. Keep up the good work.:wtg:

find me in game I got a present for you

wooot :yay: btw, where can i find you? :scratch2::laugh:

i've released version 0.16.
it should fix the problem with the new name of "Particle Beamer Technology", and also, now it parses correctly the skills "Miner" and "Robotology".

version 0.17

another change in skill names... :(
explosive projectile weaponry technology -> explosive projectile technology

i've updated the chipping optimizer with these name changes, so probably the import from entropedia won't work ok until it is changed there too.

Rfc...

I recently did a calculation how much it would cost me to chip to 250 HP. :D
It was just over 420K ped.
Then I did the same calculation but with Commando unlocked (which I have not yet done). Then the cost was about 230K ped.
It would cost me 43K to unlock Commando. And then it wouldn't even cost me the previously mentioned 230K to reach Tough Health. :laugh: :cool:

Obviously there are different paths to certain achievements. Would it be feasible to incorporate skills yet unlocked into the skills calculations?

I recently did a calculation how much it would cost me to chip to 250 HP. :D
It was just over 420K ped.
Then I did the same calculation but with Commando unlocked (which I have not yet done). Then the cost was about 230K ped.
It would cost me 43K to unlock Commando. And then it wouldn't even cost me the previously mentioned 230K to reach Tough Health. :laugh: :cool:

Obviously there are different paths to certain achievements. Would it be feasible to incorporate skills yet unlocked into the skills calculations?

yeah, that's a very good point. i've been thinking about that for a long time now, but the current algorithm is not capable of doing that. it only calculates the best path upto a certain level, without adding new skills along the way.

the main problem with this algorithm is that the new unlockable skills can be gained through other professions, so you should do the calculations for all the professions involved in a particular unlock.

i'll keep thinking about it, and we'll see if i can come up with a solution. btw, i'm open to suggestions for that algorithm :D

i'll keep thinking about it, and we'll see if i can come up with a solution. btw, i'm open to suggestions for that algorithm :D
A completely generic algorythm will be hard, but one tailored to each Profession (or in this case HP) should be doable.
I will give it some thought as well.

Particle Beamer is skillable now??

And for dbel's issue, can you not do it by firstly calculating the cost to Commando (so 43k) and then by entering the skills you'd have at that point and re-running for HP?

A completely generic algorythm will be hard, but one tailored to each Profession (or in this case HP) should be doable.
I will give it some thought as well.

And for dbel's issue, can you not do it by firstly calculating the cost to Commando (so 43k) and then by entering the skills you'd have at that point and re-running for HP?

the hard part is that the problem cannot be restricted to a single profession.

if we run the algorithm for a target in HP, we have to figure out that going first for commando is better, and there are 14 professions where you can unlock commando, so you have to calculate the cost of unlocking it in all those 14 professions, and then calculating the remaining HPs from the unlock level in each of those professions upto your target level.

moreover, there might be more than one unlockable between your current level and your target, and each of those unlockables could (in theory) be triggered by a different profession.

imagine that you don't have combat sense, but you are at level 49 in blades, and 48 in laser rifle; it might be cheaper to get combat sense with blades, but commando with laser rifle....

in fact, the algorithm is not that hard; it is _implementing_ it which is the real nightmare.

Yeah its pretty hard work I can imagine. What I meant was more that a user can make a sensible best-guess route and then calculate it in steps themselves.

Ah, Robotology now works? :yay:

I want to thank you for a very helpful and great program! It really saves me alot of time.

Well, I would imagine a straight solution would be to run the multi target algorythm by assuming that all skills are unlocked for a given user. Then they can check off the ones they dont have and that should adjust the optimization routine.

Would love to see a multi-target solver as part of the already awesome tool.

Particle Beamer is skillable now??

Of course. But hey, I didn't fork over all that cash to have to do all the calculating and guessing myself! :laugh:
Jesus, get your ass in gear! :D

does it work with the new skill window ?

EDIT: It works good job !

Last edited:
Doesn’t work for me =_=

It can’t work for me in any way, even with disabled every program running on background (absolutely NOTHING is running there except the jar and EU itself). I can’t run EU in Windows mode, so the full screen is the only option. Gamma is on default settings. Program itself seems to work good as start, but when I alt-tab to see the results, the program did not responds. That’s strange, because there were even sounds telling that everything is okay... I’ll try to reinstall Java...

Back