Skill Scanner

i have just uploaded version 0.05; i have included a new feature, which calculates skill volume (tt value of the equiv. ESI chip) and market value of your skills, everything on the fly, at the same time of the scanning process. columns are sortable too, so you can sort your skills per market value descending, and see in the first positions where do you have a higher cash "potential".

i have uploaded a screenshot with some random skill values:

enjoy :)
/jdegre.

Cool. :cool:

I guess the esi markup is static, or does the app contact your website to get the current markup? If it is static, maybe you could make a place where you can enter a number.

Cool. :cool:

I guess the esi markup is static, or does the app contact your website to get the current markup? If it is static, maybe you could make a place where you can enter a number.

everything is calculated server side, and therefore, it takes the latest prices for ESIs and skill implants.

everything is calculated server side, and therefore, it takes the latest prices for ESIs and skill implants.

Yeah, sorry, just noticed "Requesting skill values from <jdegre.net>..." :)

While you are adding more ... would be cool to see Totals in every category of Skills ... Like :Total Mining , Total Combat . etc :)

With another button to extract it in .txt or other simple form ... ;)

What do you think ? Is it easy to do ? :scratch2:

While you are adding more ... would be cool to see Totals in every category of Skills ... Like :Total Mining , Total Combat . etc :)

With another button to extract it in .txt or other simple form ... ;)

What do you think ? Is it easy to do ? :scratch2:

the csv format is as simple as can be; you can name it .txt if you want, since it is pure text. try opening with notepad, it is absolutely straightforward.
the good thing with csv is that you can easily import it to other apps (excel for instance) and create your own forms, graphics, or whatever fancy stuff you want to do.

the subtotals/category has been suggested by other people as well, and i'll think about it. thx for the suggestion.

the csv format is as simple as can be; you can name it .txt if you want, since it is pure text. try opening with notepad, it is absolutely straightforward.
the good thing with csv is that you can easily import it to other apps (excel for instance) and create your own forms, graphics, or whatever fancy stuff you want to do.

the subtotals/category has been suggested by other people as well, and i'll think about it. thx for the suggestion.

No doubt that .csv it's nice , was just asking if it would be easier for you to do it in .txt .

Thanks for the advice and the time you spend for this tool .. Already posted a link in my Blog , for this thread.. the Tool is great....:yay:

Works like a charm :) Great work jdegre!!!

+rep for a great tool!

/Droid

I tried it, it didn't work until I fiddled with it and now it rocks :wtg:

did you buy the full license??? if not, there's a 5 scans limit... sorry.

j/k :laugh:

i guess that there must be a problem (most probably in my code) that creates some kind of interaction with other programs listening in the windows clipboard. as stated in first post, there is a known issue with PEAss; and now, with AutoScreen... I think I have solved it in the new version but I have to do more tests.

total skill count is displayed only in a "status line" below the skills table, and above the "text console"; do you mean that it does not appear there for you or that it says "total: 0 skills" all the time?.

total skill count is not included in the CSV file (i didn't see the need, since CSV files are intended to be processed further by other applications, which will calculate this total if desired, but if someone finds it useful i can add it).

I meant, as you guessed, that it does not include a total skills count in the CSV file.
When I uploaded to Entropedia, my total skills remained as they were, as Entropedia does not process the data.
I did not immediately bother to manually calculate & then edit my total Skills.

When I did, a short time ago, I did notice a problem I had missed. After a bit of checking I worked out what was going wrong.

The code consistently missed the number 9, if it was the third digit. so 119 was counted as 11, 1293 came out as 123.
All the skills that it had miss-counted had 9 as the third digit, and all skills with 9 as the third digit had been miss-counted.

I realise you have made changes since I downloaded it, and as I have only read the thread up to your reply to me this may have already been addressed.

Edit.
I see some one else reporting a similar bug with the third digit.

Last edited:
I meant, as you guessed, that it does not include a total skills count in the CSV file.
When I uploaded to Entropedia, my total skills remained as they were, as Entropedia does not process the data.
I did not immediately bother to manually calculate & then edit my total Skills.

When I did, a short time ago, I did notice a problem I had missed. After a bit of checking I worked out what was going wrong.

The code consistently missed the number 9, if it was the third digit. so 119 was counted as 11, 1293 came out as 123.
All the skills that it had miss-counted had 9 as the third digit, and all skills with 9 as the third digit had been miss-counted.

I realise you have made changes since I downloaded it, and as I have only read the thread up to your reply to me this may have already been addressed.

Edit.
I see some one else reporting a similar bug with the third digit.

hi dorsai,
in fact, i have received fewer parsing-related bug reports than i expected. usually, the solution is really easy, as long as the image has a good quality (BMP with 24/32 bit color-depth).
but, in order to solve it, i need to have screenshots of the screens where you have identified the problem.
you can find my email address in the chipping optimizer site.

cheers,
/jdegre.

+rep for great program :wtg:

Worked 100% 1st time for me!!

Another cool tool.

Ty :)

Works great for me. I'm using Vista, Windowed Mode (1280 x 960 res on a 1680 x 1050 display). My hardware is all Dx10, which tended to cause problems with other parsers, so you're doing something right...

Good job!

Downloaded at the weekend.

Used it several times since, great tool. All works fine for me.

Thank you for your efforts in getting it up and running.

Regards,

Will

Great tool, indeed! Works like a charm for me!

Any chance you'll add the pro standings calculation (to have them in the .csv file for uploading to entropedia) anytime soon?

+rep, as soon as it'll let me again... :D

Last edited:
I just tried it and I think it works very, very good for a alpha/beta application. :)

Select: "Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 Update 3"
(notice the JRE, instead of JDK; it is a ~14 MB. install)

There's an "..(JRE) 6 Update 4.." and I downloaded that instead - worked no problem.

Other then that I looked at all the skills and I didn't see any faulty integers.

Two things, though:

It doesn't include "forgotten" (red) skills, which I didn't expect it to - but maybe the finished version could have a check-box option to include them if wanted.

The default name of the .CSV file is skills.CSV - maybe an option for the default name to be the date of capture? (Even "advanced" with custom order of yyyy:mm:dd or mm:dd:yyyy or how people prefer it..)

Just some thoughts. :)

There's an "..(JRE) 6 Update 4.." and I downloaded that instead - worked no problem.

true, it has been released today or yesterday; i'll update the "howto" file as soon as i can.

It doesn't include "forgotten" (red) skills, which I didn't expect it to - but maybe the finished version could have a check-box option to include them if wanted.

yes, i'm aware of this, and tbh, i don't think i'll be able to add this feature any time soon. it is not easy to do at all, and the benefits are minor (imho).

The default name of the .CSV file is skills.CSV - maybe an option for the default name to be the date of capture? (Even "advanced" with custom order of yyyy:mm:dd or mm:dd:yyyy or how people prefer it..)

yes, i had in mind to include the date in the filename from the start, but finally i did not do it, not sure why... :laugh: i'll add it in the next release.

thanks for all suggestions.

/jdegre.

PS: forgot one reply:
@wizzszz: the professions panel is totally different than the skills panel, and it requires a lot of extra code. i admit it would be pretty useful, yes, and i'll try to see if i can add it in the future, but i'll have to balance this feature with other features i have in mind. i'll see what i can do.

Awesome tool jdegre!

I was all lost having to calculate all the skills manually during the short period the scanner didnt work.

The tool really rocks, And it works perfectly!

+rep to you!

Peace out

really great tool however got a question about this point:

If everything goes fine, the table should be filled with the scanned skills, and you will hear a confirmation sound (note that during the scanning process you cannot capture any other screen); the working mode of the program is to process completely one screen at a time, instead of capturing everything and process all the screens at the same time; please, keep this in mind

I found it quite slow. One page takes about 50 secs. So capturing all takes approx 10 minutes. Is this only me or you guys have same?

Processing time: 52.469 secs.

I have no idea why it takes so long for you, becouse for me its very fast:
Processing time: 4.984 secs.

each page :)
mayby it depends on locations of skill window, here is mine:
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Hm from what I see it takes longest time till it says window found at... from this point it goes right away...

I tried window mode, full screen, different resolutions. Still the same. However I do have 2 monitors connected to my PC. Maybe there is a problem

yes, i'm aware of this, and tbh, i don't think i'll be able to add this feature any time soon. it is not easy to do at all, and the benefits are minor (imho).
I agree, very minor indeed. That's why I was talking about maybe including it in a final release - and that doesn't even have to be in 2008 for all I care (it works great for me as it is). :cool:

Hm from what I see it takes longest time till it says window found at... from this point it goes right away...

I tried window mode, full screen, different resolutions. Still the same. However I do have 2 monitors connected to my PC. Maybe there is a problem

I would expect 2 monitors to take longer, have you tried alt-printscreen in windowed mode? just a suggestion...

Jdegre pointet out that higher resolutions lead to longer parsing time - anyhow 54 sec is really a lot. I have a 2 monitor setup too but i play fullscreen and never get parsing time above 10 sec so maybe try fullscreen to track down the problem Gandalf

Edit: Argl i was too fast ... in this run i had parsing times up to 20 sec but still much better than 54

Edit2: I think the window localisation takes quite a good part of the processing time so what about just doing it once per run? I know that might result in some errors but most times the position does not change during the scan. It might speed up the process IF the possible errors due to moved window can be cought easy - i mean just an exception if the parsing is not successfull

Last edited:
locating the window takes most of the time, that's right. i'm thinking of ways to optimize it and, one of them is what sledge suggests: to use the "last known" location as a hint for the next scans. this will be added before the 1.0 release, that's 100% sure.
at the moment, each scan starts looking for the skills window from the start, and that's a far from optimum approach, evidently.

regarding the multi-monitors and the 50 secs. issue, i really don't know what is happening there, since i've never tried multi-monitor configurations. what happens when you press print-scrn and you have multiple displays? what gets copied into the system clipboard? does anyone konws?

regarding the multi-monitors and the 50 secs. issue, i really don't know what is happening there, since i've never tried multi-monitor configurations. what happens when you press print-scrn and you have multiple displays? what gets copied into the system clipboard? does anyone konws?

Running full screen, system res 1152x864, game res 1024x768:

Only 1 friend online :zzz:

Running windowed, system res 1152x864, game res 1024x768:

(EF window on right is still in state of "shift" from first full-screen pic, due to resolution change, fyi)

if you just press printscreen, and you have 2 monitors running 1024x768 (for example), you're effectively processing a 2048x768 capture, window or full-screen :)

Last edited:
yeap onyx was faster than me :) You just get screenshot of both monitors. I am running mine at 1600x1200. So there is a lot of data and I would expect problems there.

ok so it would be needed to get the position of the active window (you should get that from fullscreen too) and cut the screenshot down to that size.
Have done that in c#.net easy but not sure how to do it in java :ahh: ... you need access to a windows dll to use that function

PS. Sorry jdegre if i sound like i would actualy code it with you ... i'm not, just try to help ;)

Back