Skill Scanner

I didnt manage to make it work yet. When I open the file I hear a sound, after that nothing happens. Is there supposed to be some GUI visible? I also dont see the app in the taskmanager. Tried to make screenshots, no response.

I am about to update the page: Entropedia: Upload avatar statistics. Can anyone confirm the outputted files upload correctly?

I didnt manage to make it work yet. When I open the file I hear a sound, after that nothing happens. Is there supposed to be some GUI visible? I also dont see the app in the taskmanager. Tried to make screenshots, no response.

I am about to update the page: Entropedia: Upload avatar statistics. Can anyone confirm the outputted files upload correctly?

I uploaded the CSV after unmarking the box for "upload professions" and it worked fine.

GUI:

nm, its seems somthing went wrong installing JRE ;). Installed it again and it worked. The fact I still heard a sound made me think it was supposed to be like that.

I gave it a try and all seemed to work fine here. Uploading to entropedia also went well. If its ok with you I will add a link there to your page.

ps, is there still a working tool to parse professions? Just tried NRF and no luck (I did install a new version though).

nm, its seems somthing went wrong installing JRE ;). Installed it again and it worked. The fact I still heard a sound made me think it was supposed to be like that.

I gave it a try and all seemed to work fine here. Uploading to entropedia also went well. If its ok with you I will add a link there to your page.

ps, is there still a working tool to parse professions? Just tried NRF and no luck (I did install a new version though).

yeah, the link is ok, of course, but probably the "howto" page will change to something else in the near future. you can either link to the "howto" page, and change it later on, or link to this thread.

the professions parsing should still work with EUCompanion, but i've not tested it, since i rarely used it to parse professions with it.

i _might_ start working on the professions screens (depending on how much time i have), but only once the current program is kinda finished and the beta testing of the current functions is done.

the professions parsing should still work with EUCompanion, but i've not tested it, since i rarely used it to parse professions with it.

i _might_ start working on the professions screens (depending on how much time i have), but only once the current program is kinda finished and the beta testing of the current functions is done.

Perhaps just calculate the profession levels from the skills, if the contributions from each skill to proffessions are sorted out?

Perhaps just calculate the profession levels from the skills, if the contributions from each skill to proffessions are sorted out?

That would be ideal if we had perfect breakdowns for all professions. However, i need people to have a professions scanner so i can help with finding the breakdown of the new professions.

Have been noticing some anomalies lately. Couple of weeks ago, I got some 42k skills result. Yesterday it told me I have 40k skills, and today it says 37k.
I seem to be unskilling ;)
Turns out it misses some digits. For example I have 4506.83 in LWT, but scanner says 456.83 (misses the zero)...

just uploaded a new version (0.07); it should fix some parsing problems detected by waperboy, and includes minor enhancements, such as the possibility to generate the csv file bypassing the file chooser dialog, and also the possibility to store the user/pwd of the chipping optimizer, so you don't have to type it everytime (both options are selectable, and the preference is saved for future sessions).

i'd recommend to upgrade to the latest version as soon as the program detects a new version, because i'm receiving bug reports from people using old versions, and most of these bugs have been already solved.

Ok, as previously requested, I have made screen shots in BMP format.

Error was the same as before.
parsing error of 3rd digit out of 4.

Email to follow.

A grand total would still be helpful, if only to show that parsing errors errors had occurred.

I know an update has been made, but will still forward the BMP's in case it helps.

Edit.
Mail now sent, 3 screen shots, where 4 errors were made.

Let me know if the mail fails, as I can re-send.

+ rep again.

Last edited:
Ok, as previously requested, I have made screen shots in BMP format.

Error was the same as before.
parsing error of 3rd digit out of 4.

Email to follow.

A grand total would still be helpful, if only to show that parsing errors errors had occurred.

I know an update has been made, but will still forward the BMP's in case it helps.

Edit.
Mail now sent, 3 screen shots, where 4 errors were made.

Let me know if the mail fails, as I can re-send.

+ rep again.

thanks dorsai for the screens.
i've tested them with the version i uploaded earlier today, and it worked fine with your screens too. it seems that the changes i made for waperboy fixed your problem too. cool ! :)

so, please, update to latest version, and keep checking for parsing errors (and send me the screens if you detect errors). it's the only way to fine-tune the program.

cheers,
/jdegre.

The perfect tool! Thanks a lot -- and thanks even more for using Java, something actually usable on more than one machine :)
Everything parsed fine for me no issues (my gfx settings are the most basic).
One suggestion: Can we have an automatic profession calculator in there? I think we know most of the factors by now?!
+rep on the way...

Great tool... just downloaded and it worked like a charm! Thanks a lot!

Ah, now it seems to be correct again :)
Excellent work, jdegre! Now, if you could make the net value of skills a little higher... :yay:

that was just awesome! if I even find you ingame i'll donate 50 ped :)
+rep

/krimey

that was just awesome! if I even find you ingame i'll donate 50 ped :)
+rep

/krimey

that would be great :)

in fact, i was asked some time ago (in the chipping optimizer thread) if the scanner program was going to be released for "subscribers" only, and my answer was that it was going to be "donation-ware", the same model as the chipping optimizer web app.

this means that it is absolutely free to use and people have no "obligation" whatsoever to donate, if they choose so. but, it is very appreciated if those people that find the application useful, and use it frequently, decide to support its development with a small donation.

this model has been "reasonably" successful with the chipping optimizer (which means that, in terms of donated money, it barely covers the web site hosting fees, but you get the idea, i appreciate people's gesture of contributing to it).

in the last version 0.08, together with minor fixes, i have included a "donate" link, so people can donate via paypal. other than that, if people wants to donate ingame peds, that's also ok.

donators to the scanner tool, will also be "rewarded" with an account in the chipping optimizer.

cheers,
/jdegre.

Dude I just used that yesterday...That thing rocks! I had manually counted my skills before....Took way too long lol...Thanks :)

Excellent tool! Works much simpler than anything else i've used to date, so great job.

I've noticed a lot of people have requested a professions scanner. I definately second this. I notice that the Chipping Optimizer automatically finds the prostanding from your skills (correctly, I might add). So maybe you could steal the calculations from there for a simple cut/paste fix? (Might be showing my lack of programming knowledge here).

You got a pm jdegre!

Just wanted to add, yeah i uploaded the latest version, and it seems like its only not working for prospecting or when the third digit is a 9.

Well done so far

+REP

Last edited:
You got a pm jdegre!

Just wanted to add, yeah i uploaded the latest version, and it seems like its only not working for prospecting or when the third digit is a 9.

Well done so far

+REP

i'm back from a nice (and short) 1-week vacation... :)

parlog, thanks for reporting; as stated by PM (just replying here for others to notice), i need screenshots in BMP to fine tune the OCR (the parser) part of the scanner. the JPG compresses the images, and usually makes them unsuitable for parsing.

so, for everyone detecting parsing errors, please send me screenshots to my email address (jdegre AT gmail DOT com).

cheers,
/jdegre.

Hey m8! :)

Love your program!!!! :yay:

Any chance to add the "Reviver" profession?

Thanks. :)

Hey m8! :)

Love your program!!!! :yay:

Any chance to add the "Reviver" profession?

Thanks. :)

thanks jak.

i've just added the reviver profession - i thought i had all the professions added, but i guess that "reviver" is not the most popular profession, so nobody had complained yet :)

btw, this belongs to the chipping optimizer tool (which deals with profession levels), more than the skill scanner tool (which deals with the skill values themselves).

This is a very usefull program, thx Jdegre :)

2 little question :

-What does "Net Value" means ?(esi counted or not ?)

-How can we load the cfv file in the program ?

Thx

This is a very usefull program, thx Jdegre :)

2 little question :

-What does "Net Value" means ?(esi counted or not ?)

-How can we load the cfv file in the program ?

Thx

- net value is after 10% extraction loss and after ESI price, so it is the real cash you would have after chipping out and selling the skill completely.

- the program does not support loading csv files (and it is not planned either)

however, what it is indeed planned is the possibility to retrieve skill data from the website database (in jdegre.net) and compare it with the scanned data, so you will be able with 1-click to track skill gains between runs (in terms of raw skill value and in terms of market value, for individual skills and/or for your overall avatar). note that you'd need an account in the site for that purpose.

cheers,
/jdegre.

Skill Scanner V0.05 (12-Jan-2008)
Checking latest version...
Version expired; please get the latest version

I started to get that. No other info. Is it an update? I have downloaded the latest archive from your site and is the same thing.

Nice program!

Just tried your program and it worked perfectly.
Thanks for the effort.

I started to get that. No other info. Is it an update? I have downloaded the latest archive from your site and is the same thing.

latest version is 0.08; i have just checked right now, and it is the only archive available in my site. maybe could it be a problem with your browser cache???... :scratch2:
try reloading the page at Skill Scanner and you should see version 0.08 there.

Hi Jdegre,

I'm one of the happy users of your superb skillscanner program...
I use it to find out how "high" my skills get during the hours of play time...
And also I use the csv files to upload the info to entropiawiki.com.

but I found out that the profession info isn't parsed at all, so entropedia will give old info on these professions...
Is there any way I can also parse these profession skills with your skillscanner? Or is this perhaps one of the todo points on your list? (didn't read all the 176 replies infront of mine...so don't (b/f)lame me if the question has already been asked... :D )

Gl on this fine program! And rep+ (if it works... didn't work before for me)

Hi Jdegre,

I'm one of the happy users of your superb skillscanner program...
I use it to find out how "high" my skills get during the hours of play time...
And also I use the csv files to upload the info to entropiawiki.com.

but I found out that the profession info isn't parsed at all, so entropedia will give old info on these professions...
Is there any way I can also parse these profession skills with your skillscanner? Or is this perhaps one of the todo points on your list? (didn't read all the 176 replies infront of mine...so don't (b/f)lame me if the question has already been asked... :D )

Gl on this fine program! And rep+ (if it works... didn't work before for me)

It doesn't currently parse professions. NRF may still work for that. I haven't tested recently.

Except in the case of professions that haven't been fully deconvoluted yet, you can always find your professional standings based on your skills in the chipping optimizer.

Thx... I have been a NRF user for quite a while... but since the 9.x VU I can't seem to get it working... So thats why I switched with this tool instead!

I'll give it a try with the NRF and also with the chipping optimizer...

Thx for the tip!

Back