Skill Scanner

i downloaded v0.1 today, looking at it now i can't see the link at all. all i can see in that box you describe is this:

Code:
Skill Scanner V0.10 (7-Mar-2008)
Checking latest version...
Ok!
Loading resources...
Done!

this is correct. there is no link because there is nothing to update.
if version 0.11 is released, you'll get the warning sound indicating that you should get the update ASAP, and you'll see the link.

could i request a direct link to the download button, like you have of the paypal please, if you have the spare time? in fact, it would probably be better if you made a function to auto-download the newest version as soon as it detects its obsolete automatically, as thats what we'd end up doing next anyway, and it'd be faster.

noted. i'll see if i can include this button to link directly to the newest version (probably i'll not make it auto-download, but at least i'll try to include a link).

Cant get it working...
I take the pictures and i hear the noises etc etc.. but when i alt+tab or exit entropia, skill scanner wont maximise...if you try to its just an empty box like its not loading or something. Please help me out!

Cant get it working...
I take the pictures and i hear the noises etc etc.. but when i alt+tab or exit entropia, skill scanner wont maximise...if you try to its just an empty box like its not loading or something. Please help me out!

try running EU in window mode, just to see if it works (and don't forget to use Alt+PrntScrn, while having the focus in the EU window).

the application should work ok with EU running in both modes, but some people have reported problems with the java system and certain applications using directX in full window mode.

Just one thing, Is the value for Marksmanship correct? It seems a little low, but that's just me.

- Nightwolf

Just one thing, Is the value for Marksmanship correct? It seems a little low, but that's just me.

- Nightwolf

you mean the market value? MMS is right now at 1020%, according to peauction. with ESIs at 862%, the net value of MMS is very very low, yes.

(actual ingame prices may differ from peauction, of course).

try running EU in window mode, just to see if it works (and don't forget to use Alt+PrntScrn, while having the focus in the EU window).

the application should work ok with EU running in both modes, but some people have reported problems with the java system and certain applications using directX in full window mode.

Since i switched to my 9600 GT vid card and started running my desktop at a higher resolution (and windowed EU at a higher resolution), windowed mode doesn't work for capture. Fullscreen works ok.

Just an FYI that it might have something to do with higher res. windowed mode. I never had trouble with my 4200 GT card before in lower res windowed mode.

Since i switched to my 9600 GT vid card and started running my desktop at a higher resolution (and windowed EU at a higher resolution), windowed mode doesn't work for capture. Fullscreen works ok.

Just an FYI that it might have something to do with higher res. windowed mode. I never had trouble with my 4200 GT card before in lower res windowed mode.

the problem you see in windowed mode is similar to what luckydave has reported?: blank screen, "...its just an empty box like its not loading or something..." (sic)

or the problem is that the scanner application simply does not find correctly the skill window and displays a "nothing found" error message in the text area?

the second error, i can look into it, and try to fix it, but the first one is most probably related to incompatibilities between the java system itself and certain directX setups; not much i can do about it, in principle.

i have 8900 and it works perfectly fine for me with window mode 1600x900(16:9) 4X AA 32bit and max quality

maybe youre using higher than that :eyecrazy: but here works fine ^^

i have 8900 and it works perfectly fine for me with window mode 1600x900(16:9) 4X AA 32bit and max quality

maybe youre using higher than that :eyecrazy: but here works fine ^^

You have your desktop at a higher res than 1600x900? :eek:

I'm not familiar with the 8900. Is it an Nvidia model or ATI?

It might just be recent Nvidia drivers that create defective DX setups as jdegre mentioned. I noticed that the vid screens at CP are all messed up (don't remember if they're supposed to work or not), so it seems there might be some texture or buffer issues with my setup.

new skill to add to skill scanner : Surface Composition

new skill to add to skill scanner : Surface Composition

you're right; and not only that, but also many other high-level skills are currently unsupported. before the scanner can recognize these skills, i need to have access to a screenshot (in BMP) of the skill text.

list of missing skills:

ok, here's the list of skills i'm missing:
- Intuition
- Doctor
- Medical Therapy
- Robotology
- Scientist
- Drilling Expertise
- Miner
- Equipment Methodology
- Industrialist
- Manufacturing Methodology <- DONE
- Coloring Methodology
- Glamour
- Beauty Sense
- Quality Sense
- Mindforce Harmony
- Force Merge
- Surface Composition <- NEW

if you have (or know someone who has) any of those, please drop me a PM.

You have your desktop at a higher res than 1600x900? :eek:

I'm not familiar with the 8900. Is it an Nvidia model or ATI?

It might just be recent Nvidia drivers that create defective DX setups as jdegre mentioned. I noticed that the vid screens at CP are all messed up (don't remember if they're supposed to work or not), so it seems there might be some texture or buffer issues with my setup.

1680x1050 desktop ^^

sry its 8600 GT PCIe 256mb up to 512mb from Nvidia

about the newer ones idk but then its not about higher res ^^

Surface composition is mentioned by Sarah in this Achievements thread:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...quality-sense-unlocked-material-designer.html

Alongside these skills:
Newskills.jpg

Hope you'll get the screenies, though i do not think i will ever have enough skills to unlock them myself ;)

Last edited:
Thanks for help jdegre, but I cannot seem to run EU in window mode, In options, the window mode tick box is faded out.
:eyecrazy:

Anyone know about this problem?
Thanks!

Thanks for help jdegre, but I cannot seem to run EU in window mode, In options, the window mode tick box is faded out.
:eyecrazy:

Anyone know about this problem?
Thanks!

You need to set your desktop resolution higher than 1024x768, as that is what EU runs in. Alternatively, run the EntropiaUniverse.exe from the root folder instead of clientloader.

I cant get this working in vista x64. does someone else?

I cant get this working in vista x64. does someone else?

it wont work until sun make a fully working 64bit java client. Right now you can only run webapplets with the regular java client as the 64bit one aint fully working yet.

in the Sun site, they say the JRE is supported for windows x64, but there are some issues:

http://java.sun.com/javase/6/webnotes/install/jre/install-windows-64.html

Sun have recently released a new version JRE 6 Update 6; don't know if they have fixed something or not.
i don't use Vista, so i cannot try it myself.

yep and this is the part you must do to make it work but i dotn know exactly how to set it correct so stuff still dont work for me. "The public JRE installed with the 32-bit JRE is not registered. You must set the PATH environment variable to point to JAVA_HOME \bin to register the JRE."

I used JRE 6 update 6 on my xp machine before running the scanner and it works fine :)

I used JRE 6 update 6 on my xp machine before running the scanner and it works fine :)

well were not talking xp.. and yes it does work just fine on xp.. it's the vista 64bit that is the problem

I am using the scanner on vista without any problems. eu also runs well on vista

well were not talking xp.. and yes it does work just fine on xp.. it's the vista 64bit that is the problem

just for a test... have you tried sending the "-d64" directive to java?

So something like...
"java -d64 -jar Scanner.jar"

I've only ever had to turn that on when I wanted > 4GB of memory though. You'll have to get the 64 bit version of the vm of course for that to work.

I have a request.

Since you know the skill curves, it would be nice if you could, for example, scan your skills, go on a 1000 ped hunt, scan your skills again, and in the progress section, or a new section, it would show you

How many times you'd need to repeat this to reach:

Commando:
Kill Strike:
Combat Sense:
Quickness:
Avoidance:
etc.

Is there a way I can do this now, manually?

I am using the scanner on vista without any problems. eu also runs well on vista

As i said, it's vista 64, not 32 as your running.

just for a test... have you tried sending the "-d64" directive to java?

So something like...
"java -d64 -jar Scanner.jar"

I've only ever had to turn that on when I wanted > 4GB of memory though. You'll have to get the 64 bit version of the vm of course for that to work.

nope, but wont solve it. it's the path you have to set cause java cant find the correct place to look if you dont set it manually. I know where to set it but not exactly what to type, so if anyone knows how to set paths in vista and exactly what to type plz let me know :)

I have a request.

Since you know the skill curves, it would be nice if you could, for example, scan your skills, go on a 1000 ped hunt, scan your skills again, and in the progress section, or a new section, it would show you

How many times you'd need to repeat this to reach:

Commando:
Kill Strike:
Combat Sense:
Quickness:
Avoidance:
etc.

Is there a way I can do this now, manually?

Yes you calculate the TT value change of each skill. This is linear, then you back calculate what TT value of skill you would require to reach XX professions. Then (sum(TT_value_required)-sum(current_skills_TT_value))/sum(TT_value_change_for_1kped_hunt)

As i said, it's vista 64, not 32 as your running.

nope, but wont solve it. it's the path you have to set cause java cant find the correct place to look if you dont set it manually. I know where to set it but not exactly what to type, so if anyone knows how to set paths in vista and exactly what to type plz let me know :)

you must include in the PATH variable the "bin" sub-directory where java.exe and javaw.exe are located. this depends on where did you choose to install it. in my box, it is:

C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin

how to add this to the PATH variable, in XP, is very easy:
- Right click on "My PC", select "Properties"
- Go to tab "Advanced options"
- Click button "Environment variables"
- Look for variable "Path" (under "System variables"), and add the directory i typed above.

most probably in vista it will be different, but i don't think that's something you cannot find yourself by googling a bit, eh? ;)

Edit: ok, ok, i looked it up for you :) see here:
http://www.javafaq.nu/murachs-java-se6-book/set-command-path-story.html

Last edited:
Back