Who is with me?

We have almost identical stats, VmaX! How many HP do you have? I just got to 127 last night. I've picked up 3 HP since I started my mobicide 2 to 3 weeks before Christmas...

Got 132 now.. Never used melee so thats quite an acomplishement :)
Started chopping axes recently since I found that that really boosts nmy hp

Thanks for the tip, I have a 1x0 and 2x0 in my apartment, I was goofing around last night with the TT knuckles and fisting the noob mobs near Phoenix with my disciple, it was stupid fun!

Well, it'll have to wait, because I can't login to the game now for the past 15 hours. Because I'm already logged in, apparently. :rolleyes:

Took my tally to over 600 globals tonight

Still 505 peds TT is the highest :)

In the true spirit of my club I am pressing on strong :sniper:

Long ago

I have been playing for about 4 years. No chipping and my ATH was on a Cornodius whatever they are. The BIG round 2 leg guys lol. I got 450 ped. I had been playing for about a week, that's the first and last Solo HOF I got. Oh well try try again I guess. :wtg:

I have been playing for about 4 years. No chipping and my ATH was on a Cornodius whatever they are. The BIG round 2 leg guys lol. I got 450 ped. I had been playing for about a week, that's the first and last Solo HOF I got. Oh well try try again I guess. :wtg:

But are you skilled past level CS and W?

Count me in. I have 67,8 agility, 140HP, unlocked CS and wounding naturally. I have never had single loot worth 4 digits (be it TT or market value). I feel seriously fucked up :mad:

im at lvl 35 laser pistoleer hit got 5k lwt and 4k blpwt all natural and havent got an solo loot over 245 ped :yay: :(

I don't know if I must feel at ease with so many people in the same hofless boat or feel worried ;P

Count me in. I have 67,8 agility, 140HP, unlocked CS and wounding naturally. I have never had single loot worth 4 digits (be it TT or market value). I feel seriously fucked up :mad:

Welcome to my club Denis, 3 of us now :)

Aint it great :yay:

Gratz Dennis, a loverlee loot.

What a way to get kicked from my club :D

I shall continue to fight the good fight. 664 swirlies now, but still the highest TT is 505 peds.

I don't know if I must feel at ease with so many people in the same hofless boat or feel worried ;P
Hmm VmaX, let's not forget that the people who are in the same category are representative of a small minority. The thousands of other players who have similar (or lower) skills who've ubered, are obviously not replying. ;) It would be better to do a poll, for example, asking only people with, say 80K or 100K+ skills to choose options for their best-ever loot; 1-250, 251-500, 501-750, 751-999, and simply, "Uber" (1000+).

I think that would generate an intriguing graph. The more players with 80K+ or higher skills that had an uber, the more likely it would seem that there are preferentially-MAL-treated avatars. ;) If it was 50/50, I wouldn't bother complaining. But people I've talked to, who've played as much or less (skill-wise), who've been around as long as I have, tell me my luck is insanely bad. Anyone whose luck is worse, is just as ridiculously, impossibly unfortunate, and trust me, it's a pretty small group when compared to the rest of the players who've inputted a similar amount of time/decay/deposit investment.

700 Swirlies now and still a member :)

Spike just to make you feel good I had a just over 1k mining hof when i was about lvl 3 prospector :yay:. no hunting hof yet though and close to unlocking serendipity

Thanks mate :) That makes me feel all peachy :silly2:

no hunting hof (that isnt a glorified global)...

but a few nice silent ones ;)

lvl 42 laser pistol

Damn a club I can´t join. Got a five diggit loot and I am far far away from combat sense :)

Anyway, I wish all in this club best of luck and hope you get kicked of this club due to a nice loot :)

around 400+ solo hunt globals and biggest been 292.. no silents even.. coz silents are counted thats what i think team hofs aint counted coz thats stealing someone elses luck.. oh and lvl43 pistoleeeer CS im coming.. right after i get that tower in mining... laff so never.. if it would come it woulda came 20lvls ago

You ain't coming into in my club Ruskea :D

First you have not hit Wounding and Combat Sense yet.

Second, you have collected a 4 figure ped amount from one loot.

:)

Ruskea is biggest whiner and still she is only at lvl 43 pistoleer and already had at least 3 ubers (which are in signature). I say stop whining and look at Spike and Doer. I got lucky lately, but my first uber came at lvl 53, which was skilled naturally.

to those talking about luck , MA made clear that there are such thing as avatar luck , but at the same time , you as an irl person can get lucky and your ava might hit something big.

But the system wont have a flag for luck , but you as irl person might :)

// ermik

I'm quite sure I will join this club soon. Lvl 44 & 40 BLP. Highest loot 505 ped formidon.
Altho did get this silent UBER [br]Click to enlarge[/br]

But I dont count that. Hopefully I will never have to join your club, but it looks like it :confused:

A warm welcome will await you Simon :)

A while to go yet for you, but you are getting close to being a member of the most exclusive club on Calypso :)

to those talking about luck , MA made clear that there are such thing as avatar luck , but at the same time , you as an irl person can get lucky and your ava might hit something big.

But the system wont have a flag for luck , but you as irl person might :)

// ermik

That is IMO a misunderstanding of the semantics. We had a long discussion of this in PJ's thread/poll "Can MA Influence Luck". We know loot can't be random, because that would clearly then be considered gambling. Therefore, it is at least partially deterministic. From that, what i said in the other thread follows.

I agree.

But here you address the issue of MA benefiting deliberatly a single player during gameplay. aka the MA employee who pushes a button.

But what about for example automatically adding a "luck" tag during avatar creation?
Or maybe players are randomly divided in large groups which get randomly different "luck" settings during a certain (long) period.
That way you could be so unfortunate to belong to a group which is due for "luck" for quite a while.
These systems can be fully automated and part of the game engine.

I know its all guessing, but Ive seen and still see results at players (and myself) that can't be explained by mere chance calculations and are surprisingly odd.
In cases like this I like to use Ockhams razor so when you exclude everything that isnt really possible the remaining theorie must be true :p

The thing is, many people aren't calling the unknown-parameter(s)-that-affect-outcome "luck", and will even (and have been) arguing that there isn't controlled luck. It's a matter of semantics. There's really no way not to have "luck" involved in EU, unless you make it purely (pseudo)random, and i think everyone who has spent time observing the system will agree that that's one thing it is not. If everything was stochastic, only luck would matter, but because it's at least partly deterministic, "luck" matters, whether you call it that or not. The question is how much MA tweaks those factors and how "fairly" they are distributed.

One possible way of implementing that "luck" that i mentioned before is as interacting sine waves. Not only does MA have a huge penchant for sines (they figure in prominently in the skill level to skill volume function, for example), but this is an easy to control and easy to calculate method that doesn't require storing a lot of data, and explains the very common phenomenon of clustered drops--be it of items in loots, HOFs for an avatar, etc.

This system doesn't even have to be defective in MA's eyes for it to still constitute a serious "luck" issue for players. Remember, they consider EU to be a long term experience. I'm sure they would not consider it "unfair" if an avatar ends up with an initial set of sine prefactors and phases that make it unlikely they'll loot anything really big until after six years of playing (or, say 1,000,000 PEDs cycled, if you want to make the sines output-based), yet when the vast majority play less than one, this is clearly bad "luck" in our timeframe.

I'm not saying MA is that concerned about the fairness of it, anyway, just that it doesn't necessarily have to be actually defective to give the results of terminally bad luck.

Last edited:
Ruskea is biggest whiner and still she is only at lvl 43 pistoleer and already had at least 3 ubers (which are in signature). I say stop whining and look at Spike and Doer. I got lucky lately, but my first uber came at lvl 53, which was skilled naturally.

now go mine 25lvls and waste 10s of Ks peds with using only oa-103--> thru the whole skilling and i would really wonder if u wouldnt hit an 4 digit... do the same in a crafting... those 2 professions are a huge money holes and it gives u a bigger chance to hit big... ofcourse that big loot wont cover even slight pit of the wasted peds...

u have to try it before u whine back

ur lvl53 thats 10lvl above me and ur solo pests been 2 ubers and lotsa hofs...
im lvl43 my solo best been 292ped and my only hof was 245ped(what came in lvl42) GG i dont think i can catch ur hofs within 10lvls

if there really is ppl who say that they cant get 4 digit loot.. they havent tried crafting or mining but dunno if its smart thing to change 20kpeds to 1kped loot

and what it comes for doer... guy has chipped shit load of skills... and while checking few things from his avi dunno how its possible to have 1500 coolness and 69 agility (unless uve sold it a little)

im 64 agility and i have way over 1500 coolness (actually that amount came in 2 days after the unlock)...

i can chip myself to lvl80 and whine that i havent got any solo hunt loot over 300ped

Last edited:
ur lvl53 thats 10lvl above me

...which means he have spent about twice as much time/peds as you...
Skill volume from 40-50 is about as much as from 0-40...

HOF lol

been playin for 2 years biggest loot 198 ped first click on a lvl2 weapon bp.

now go mine 25lvls and waste 10s of Ks peds with using only oa-103--> thru the whole skilling and i would really wonder if u wouldnt hit an 4 digit... do the same in a crafting... those 2 professions are a huge money holes and it gives u a bigger chance to hit big... ofcourse that big loot wont cover even slight pit of the wasted peds...

u have to try it before u whine back

ur lvl53 thats 10lvl above me and ur solo pests been 2 ubers and lotsa hofs...
im lvl43 my solo best been 292ped and my only hof was 245ped(what came in lvl42) GG i dont think i can catch ur hofs within 10lvls

if there really is ppl who say that they cant get 4 digit loot.. they havent tried crafting or mining but dunno if its smart thing to change 20kpeds to 1kped loot

and what it comes for doer... guy has chipped shit load of skills... and while checking few things from his avi dunno how its possible to have 1500 coolness and 69 agility (unless uve sold it a little)

im 64 agility and i have way over 1500 coolness (actually that amount came in 2 days after the unlock)...

i can chip myself to lvl80 and whine that i havent got any solo hunt loot over 300ped
Ruskea, please read and let this sink in.

1) You're far less skilled than the "true" unchosen ones.

2) You haven't even been playing that long.

3) You already looted 3 ubers.

So the question remains: Why the f*** are you whining? You haven't even earned the right to cry!

Back