Who is with me?

I've had a few above 1k, and it's partly my fault because I don't hunt very large mobs much (hogg size), but every time I see an 8k feff and hofs like that I just wonder when my turn is coming... but enough whining...

If you've reached CS/W and still not had even 1k that's pretty bad luck.

I'm past those, and I believe my best solo TT loot is about 1.9k... From an Argonaut Young a few years ago. I almost exclusively only hunt big mobs, such as Dome 4 Aurli, big Atrox, Segs, Osse, Chompers, Big Scipulor, Hogglo, Caperon, etc. My best item ever looted was an ESI. Been playing for 5 years and still waiting to break that 2k barrier. I usually hunt strategically and efficiently with my equipment and use high end scopes and lasers. If they were giving out a gold card reader for EVERY 500 USD you have deposited, I could probably glue them all together and make a nice comfy chair. I am the ultimate example of wrong place at the wrong time. Thousands of globals.... Just all small stuff. People tell me I am either very due for something huge or very cursed. ;)

I'm past those, and I believe my best solo TT loot is about 1.9k... From an Argonaut Young a few years ago. I almost exclusively only hunt big mobs, such as Dome 4 Aurli, big Atrox, Segs, Osse, Chompers, Big Scipulor, Hogglo, Caperon, etc. My best item ever looted was an ESI. Been playing for 5 years and still waiting to break that 2k barrier. I usually hunt strategically and efficiently with my equipment and use high end scopes and lasers. If they were giving out a gold card reader for EVERY 500 USD you have deposited, I could probably glue them all together and make a nice comfy chair. I am the ultimate example of wrong place at the wrong time. Thousands of globals.... Just all small stuff. People tell me I am either very due for something huge or very cursed. ;)
I'm the same as you, with the exception of never even having a loot breaking the 1K barrier, that is. My highest loot after a fair amount of hunting the last 4 months was a lame 181-PED Snarg that somehow managed to make it on the HOF charts. MA must've just reset the HOF list or something. The loot was all oils.

I'm the same as you, with the exception of never even having a loot breaking the 1K barrier, that is. My highest loot after a fair amount of hunting the last 4 months was a lame 181-PED Snarg that somehow managed to make it on the HOF charts. MA must've just reset the HOF list or something. The loot was all oils.

I think there is a big difference in amount of hunting between you 2.
I had some 1k hofs in the old days too. But since 2 years 700 ped is my highest loot (no items either). In those 2 years i got too level 48 hit after chipping out.
I think MA doesnt like chipping out.

My socmate vmax has been hunting for some years now too, has decent skills and never had > 1k neither.
I still think the 10k fefs etc was a bad move. Even when i get 1k now i won't be as thrilled as I used to be, seeing those 4k tantillons and snables above my entry. You can't upgrade either with 1k ped more.

So i'm still waiting for MA to give me my korss back :rolleyes:

now go mine 25lvls and waste 10s of Ks peds with using only oa-103--> thru the whole skilling and i would really wonder if u wouldnt hit an 4 digit... do the same in a crafting... those 2 professions are a huge money holes and it gives u a bigger chance to hit big... ofcourse that big loot wont cover even slight pit of the wasted peds...

u have to try it before u whine back

ur lvl53 thats 10lvl above me and ur solo pests been 2 ubers and lotsa hofs...
im lvl43 my solo best been 292ped and my only hof was 245ped(what came in lvl42) GG i dont think i can catch ur hofs within 10lvls

if there really is ppl who say that they cant get 4 digit loot.. they havent tried crafting or mining but dunno if its smart thing to change 20kpeds to 1kped loot

and what it comes for doer... guy has chipped shit load of skills... and while checking few things from his avi dunno how its possible to have 1500 coolness and 69 agility (unless uve sold it a little)

im 64 agility and i have way over 1500 coolness (actually that amount came in 2 days after the unlock)...

i can chip myself to lvl80 and whine that i havent got any solo hunt loot over 300ped

Ruskea - and other in this thread about MY club.

My club is for people that have skilled naturally to Wounding and Combat Sense without getting a 4 figure ped TT loot.

So far, only I and Doer meet the criteria.

Doer is a special case, he has chipped, so falls out of the "naturally skilled" element, but Doer is a skills guru, and he says that had he not chipped, he would be past these 2 milestones by now, and I believe him. Even though he kinda disqualifies himself by having chipped.

I have to have someone in my club to have fun with :)

Anyone else fit these requirements???

I think there is a big difference in amount of hunting between you 2.

My socmate vmax has been hunting for some years now too, has decent skills and never had > 1k neither.
Actually, my skills are quite similar to VmaX's, I know him well, from the old MindArk public forums. We go back a long ways ;) He's maybe 10% ahead of me, skill-wise. And yes, he's one of the very rare few avatars who are similarly skilled (or more) and never looted an uber.

Ruskea - and other in this thread about MY club.

My club is for people that have skilled naturally to Wounding and Combat Sense without getting a 4 figure ped TT loot.

So far, only I and Doer meet the criteria.

Anyone else fit these requirements???
I'm very close to joining your club, safara. Level 45 Laser, Level 43 BLP sniper, so I'll be closing in on Combat Sense and Wounding in the not too distant future. I'm almost 100% certain I'll not have ubered before that time, or afterwards, either.

All skilled the hard way, too. I never even took advantage of exploits like bee-fapping or acid-pool-fapping or bot-scanning-when-they-didn't-shoot or container box-coloring before MA removed containers from the TT's, and many more. All skills acquired from pure hunting, in the particular style I hunt with. Oh, I didn't chip in, but I did sell a chip with 800 of my "Aim" some years ago, so my skills would be that much higher if I hadn't done that. But chip selling or not, I still "did the time", so-to-speak. :)

...which means he have spent about twice as much time/peds as you...
Skill volume from 40-50 is about as much as from 0-40...

actually it aint.. ive got from 40-43 quite fast and i dont think it will slow down dramaticaly

ofcourse u can waste time as much as u want.. ive been playing around 10 month with my new ava and skilled to 43lvl pistoleer and 25lvl prospector

i dunno how long it takes some ppl to skill to those lvls..

Ruskea, please read and let this sink in.

1) You're far less skilled than the "true" unchosen ones.

2) You haven't even been playing that long.

3) You already looted 3 ubers.

So the question remains: Why the f*** are you whining? You haven't even earned the right to cry!

im way over 3k usd on loss i think i have right to cry

and i still wanna see an event that has the less loot wins... rule
but ofcourse some "unchosen ones" would not just shoot any.. i would own everyone in less loot wins event on hispis or longus... those are the mobs that give the most crappy loot ever seen.. for me all the mobs are crappy but those 2 mobs are impossible to break even mobs

and coelecanth.. im almost ur lvl on main hunt weapon.. and i still have alot more mining skills than u.. uve played 5 years.. ive played 10months with my new ava...

some ppl are really working hard.. depositing daily.. ur just chatting in EF

im way over 3k usd on loss i think i have right to cry
Listen dude, when you're the ONLY one taking a loss, THEN you can cry. WE ALL take losses!

and coelecanth.. im almost ur lvl on main hunt weapon.. and i still have alot more mining skills than u.. uve played 5 years.. ive played 10months with my new ava...

some ppl are really working hard.. depositing daily.. ur just chatting in EF
What are your total skills, then? I have a dozen skills over level 30, and almost half a dozen over 40. Unlike you, I don't just hunt with one weapon, I'm skilled with laser, BLP and plasma, rifles & handguns. It's not worthwhile to only compare one's single-best profession, right? (Not to mention I sold 800 Aim some years ago; I may not show those skills in my total but I still did the time.) I may only hunt 2 to 4 months per year before I get pissed off and do other things for extended periods, but I probably play a helluva lot "harder" than you do, when I'm logged in.

And speaking of "playing hard", why not read my blogs of the past months since Christmas, when I returned from my usual 8-to-10-month layoff for dedicated hunting? Last night during a 2-hour stretch I killed about 1200 to 1300 Feffs and Berys by my estimation, with one...ONE global. Oh, and where was your name in the Merry Mayhem Top 2000 list? That's right, NOWHERE. You didn't even hunt those mobs enough to crack the list!

And how the fuck would YOU know what I do in-game? You equate chatting on EF with time spent playing?! Hmm someone's elevator ain't gettin' to the penthouse much... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Oh, and where was your name in the Merry Mayhem Top 2000 list? That's right, NOWHERE. You didn't even hunt those mobs enough to crack the list!

Point that hurts, even my name was shown at the Mayham Scorers List, and I didn´t hunt Troxis to win this Event, just for fun as usual :)

Go Coelacanth go go go :yay::yay::yay:

Doer is a special case, he has chipped, so falls out of the "naturally skilled" element, but Doer is a skills guru, and he says that had he not chipped, he would be past these 2 milestones by now, and I believe him. Even though he kinda disqualifies himself by having chipped.

Here are the numbers:
Skill w/o chips with chips
____ ________ ___________
Laser Sniper (Hit)
Level 54.70 55.06
Volume 2235 2348

Weapons Handling 4947 5029
LWT 7413 7510
Aim 3971 4109
Courage 4351 4599
Combat Reflexes 4473 4570

Ranged Laser (Dmg)
Level 53.90 55.19
Volume 2020 2237

Anatomy 6417 6798
RDA 5811 5950.03
LWT 7413 7510
IRD 4073 4255

As you can see, the degree of chipping is almost inconsequential

Actually, my skills are quite similar to VmaX's, I know him well, from the old MindArk public forums. We go back a long ways He's maybe 10% ahead of me, skill-wise. And yes, he's one of the very rare few avatars who are similarly skilled (or more) and never looted an uber.

I was talking about metatron and you.

Oh, and where was your name in the Merry Mayhem Top 2000 list? That's right, NOWHERE. You didn't even hunt those mobs enough to crack the list!

Not everybody hunts atrox ...

i'm kinda in the same boat as Doer. Sure i chipped at the start (impatient, skills were cheap...seriously - life saving evade? for a few hundred ped?) i've pushed handgun from 0-6.1k and closing in on wounding(laser pistol is highest skill). highest is Aurli Hunter 979 :eyecrazy: estimate 400 hunting globals too. (stopped counting as wof/teams were spamming global chat)

combat sense a month or so off ;) probably more

btw i expect my uber..right about.......... now

Listen dude, when you're the ONLY one taking a loss, THEN you can cry. WE ALL take losses!

What are your total skills, then? I have a dozen skills over level 30, and almost half a dozen over 40. Unlike you, I don't just hunt with one weapon, I'm skilled with laser, BLP and plasma, rifles & handguns. It's not worthwhile to only compare one's single-best profession, right? (Not to mention I sold 800 Aim some years ago; I may not show those skills in my total but I still did the time.) I may only hunt 2 to 4 months per year before I get pissed off and do other things for extended periods, but I probably play a helluva lot "harder" than you do, when I'm logged in.

And speaking of "playing hard", why not read my blogs of the past months since Christmas, when I returned from my usual 8-to-10-month layoff for dedicated hunting? Last night during a 2-hour stretch I killed about 1200 to 1300 Feffs and Berys by my estimation, with one...ONE global. Oh, and where was your name in the Merry Mayhem Top 2000 list? That's right, NOWHERE. You didn't even hunt those mobs enough to crack the list!

And how the fuck would YOU know what I do in-game? You equate chatting on EF with time spent playing?! Hmm someone's elevator ain't gettin' to the penthouse much... :rolleyes:

I have around 90k total skills... and i dont have any of scanning, melee or other bullshit skills... i was gonna unlock few melee skills tho when i get the peds to do that

and indeed during merry mayhem i was mining.. i probly killed 5 of the event mobs during the time.. and i got probly disqualified 5 times.. coz playing more than the limited time u can per 24h

and my best been over 500k ammo to feffos without getting a single global... i dont know whats the excact amount but over 500k ammo wasted... u can guess how many feffos thats makes (that happened after my "good" 3 days of feffo hunt)

and best on mining... 25 oa-103s without a single global... the row woulda continued but i changed to OA-104 to turn those larges to abus..

and indeed this is my second avatar... if i woulda never changed the avis i woulda gone long past u and would have over 40lvls of prospector

I skilled about 80% naturally and as some of you may well know have had TONS of 4 figure HoF's (avg once a month) and countless 3 figure loots and two 5 figure loots.

It is all about how much money you run through the system plain and simple. If you deposit regularly (even small amounts) your loot will absolutely get better. Also if you run at least 1k PED of ammo through the loot pool every day you log on you will also find your loot will go up. Just some advice from well over 3,000 total hours of hunting.

Oh and BTW about the post above, an OA-104 does not turn a XII into a XIII it will change a XII into a XVI trust me on this I have dropped countless thousands of bombs and used to buy OA-103's 4's in lots of 30 at a time for single 5 and 6 hour mining runs.

I was talking about metatron and you.
I know. So why did you bring up Vmax? :confused:

Not everybody hunts atrox ...
No kidding. Neither do I. I was even out of town for an entire week, and I hunted a lot of other areas than south of Ithaca during that event, and even then, I came in #242. The only reason I was hunting some Atrox is because they were globalling every minute and I wanted to see what they were dropping. Little did I know I'd have to hunt them for a cumulative 15 hours before I finally got my first global.

I skilled about 80% naturally and as some of you may well know have had TONS of 4 figure HoF's (avg once a month) and countless 3 figure loots and two 5 figure loots.

It is all about how much money you run through the system plain and simple. If you deposit regularly (even small amounts) your loot will absolutely get better. Also if you run at least 1k PED of ammo through the loot pool every day you log on you will also find your loot will go up. Just some advice from well over 3,000 total hours of hunting.

Have you even read the OP? The whole point is we already do that but dont get the hofs... :mad:

No kidding. Neither do I. I was even out of town for an entire week, and I hunted a lot of other areas than south of Ithaca during that event, and even then, I came in #242. The only reason I was hunting some Atrox is because they were globalling every minute and I wanted to see what they were dropping. Little did I know I'd have to hunt them for a cumulative 15 hours before I finally got my first global.

Why I bring up vmax is because thats what the topic is about....

About the trox: why do you mention it then??? :confused:

Why I bring up vmax is because thats what the topic is about....

About the trox: why do you mention it then??? :confused:
chielsen, are you simple or what? How is this topic about VmaX? It was posted by safara, FFS. And why did I bring up Merry Mayhem? Well you really must be thick, because it was a direct response to ruskea's supposition that I "chat on EF" instead of do "hard hunting". Are you two Bobbsie Twins or some damn thing? Geesh. Zip it and do us all a favor. Take your HANDS off the KEYBOARD until you've activated your frontal lobe. :rolleyes: Or at least allow yourself a few moments to read the frickin' posts before hitting "Post reply".

chielsen, are you simple or what? How is this topic about VmaX? It was posted by safari, FFS. And why did I bring up Merry Mayhem? Well you really must be thick, because it was a direct response to ruskea's supposition that I "chat on EF" instead of do "hard hunting". Are you two Bobbsie Twins or some damn thing? Geesh. Zip it and do us all a favor. Take your HANDS off the KEYBOARD until you've activated your frontal lobe. :rolleyes:

:lolup:

Read the title FFS. Who is with me? -> vmax

You bring up the merry mayhem to make a point that he is not hunting die hard. That's a very bad / invalid point because real die hards do not only hunt 6 hours. Not being in that list says nothing about hunting alot or not.

At the time this post was created, VmaX had 132 health and I had 126. I'm now at almost 131, so I assume his health was increased similarly. I still fail to see how this post is about VmaX. Nothing in the first post said anything about VmaX. Just because VmaX is going to be part of the club (and me too) doesn't mean this topic is about him. :rolleyes:

3 weeks before Christmas, my health was at 123 or so. 123 to almost 131 health in only a few months where I mostly was only able to hunt a few weeknights per week and every other weekend is evidence of some pretty serious hunting, the times I *was* able to get in-game.

Of course, people who were too crappy hunters to get into the top 2000 at Merry Mayhem are going to say "I didn't hunt atrox" or "I was mining/crafting instead" and blah-blah-blah. Yeah right. Whatever. :laugh:

At the time this post was created, VmaX had 132 health and I had 126. I'm now at almost 131, so I assume his health was increased similarly. I still fail to see how this post is about VmaX. Nothing in the first post said anything about VmaX. Just because VmaX is going to be part of the club (and me too) doesn't mean this topic is about him. :rolleyes:

3 weeks before Christmas, my health was at 123 or so. 123 to almost 131 health in only a few months where I mostly was only able to hunt a few weeknights per week and every other weekend is evidence of some pretty serious hunting, the times I *was* able to get in-game.

Of course, people who were too crappy hunters to get into the top 2000 at Merry Mayhem are going to say "I didn't hunt atrox" or "I was mining/crafting instead" and blah-blah-blah. Yeah right. Whatever. :laugh:

:eyecrazy::holyshit::hammer::hammer:

You are kidding right

Uh, why don't you take it to PM guys. Or something. :p

:eyecrazy::holyshit::hammer::hammer:

You are kidding right

You might order one of the T-shirts. ;)

Special offer: "COEALACANTH IS WRONG" is 20% off! :eek:

/Edit:
I can almost feel coelacanth moan in the post below...

ignore list is a blessing! *wink* *nudge*

However, this thread has a topic, let's respect it!

Last edited:
You might order one of the T-shirts. ;)

Special offer: "COEALACANTH IS WRONG" is 20% off! :eek:
20% off, eh? They mustn't be selling well, for obvious reasons. LOL Try again, wizz. :laugh: Your humor fails you (again). ;)

Oi, you lot!! Take your arguing elsewhere, PM's or your own thread :laugh:

Come back in here and make an application to my club once you have the required Natural skills and an absence of a 4 figure loot :wise:

Oh and BTW about the post above, an OA-104 does not turn a XII into a XIII it will change a XII into a XVI trust me on this I have dropped countless thousands of bombs and used to buy OA-103's 4's in lots of 30 at a time for single 5 and 6 hour mining runs.

i ment to change those LARGES i find on OA-103s so in fact the large is a ample without amp.. with oa-103 u get around 37ped larges and with oa-104 u get something between 47-55ped most often.. trust me ive blasted countless amounts of bombs with oa-103/104 :F

wasnt the event a week long? so how come u were week off the town and still managed to hunt hours daily?

and it tells alot how low amount of players this game has if u managed to get to #242... while being out of town the whole week

i dont do events myself.. coz i have so crappy luck and i wouldnt have a chance on em.. and merry mayhem event.. well no hope so uber based event

ive been doin those exa events sometimes.. coz no loosing on em.. coz its free and i managed to global on one of the events!!! and i still came 6th place

and while watching my bro do some events... someone always wins the event without getting a single global while my bro gets 5 globals... that tells alot of the loot ubers get in this game..

I appreciate your comments, but i don't think it is that plain and simple, hence the whole existence of this thread. I suppose human nature is to internalize success and externalize failure, but when one has tried everything and nothing works then it's pretty hard not to look "outside".

I don't have a schedule that lets me shoot 1k peds every day, but i do cycle PEDs, or output them, at least. :( Today i had time, so i went through 3k PEDs ammo on scips. I had one global over 100 peds and a few 60 pedders. The final result was a loss well over 1k, so there's another anti-uber hof chalked up. :eek: At the same time, i watched a couple small teams show up and rattle off globals or a HOF, another player globaling 3 times for every one i hit. Sure, we have our good and bad days, but i'm about at the end of my rope. I can't see any reason to believe that it's possible for my avatar to actually loot well, and i'm not the only one who has made that observation.

I did get a HOF this week, my second highest loot (422), which was completely gone the next hunt.

At this point i'm just trying to decide what pro. level to set as the sell-out point if I don't see some sign that i'm not bugged (55.4 Sniper right now).

Alright, I'm done. Someone can bring me some cheese now. :p

Ya i'm going back to my strategy of "if it doesn't loot it 5k ammo, fk it" and switch. Uber-eco hunt and losing 50% for a week :eek::eek::eek:

I too, would like some cheese.

Hee! Whats this talking about me!? :D
FYI:
I am at 137.8 now, healthwise.

Doer said:
I appreciate your comments, but i don't think it is that plain and simple, hence the whole existence of this thread. I suppose human nature is to internalize success and externalize failure, but when one has tried everything and nothing works then it's pretty hard not to look "outside".

I don't have a schedule that lets me shoot 1k peds every day, but i do cycle PEDs, or output them, at least. :( Today i had time, so i went through 3k PEDs ammo on scips. I had one global over 100 peds and a few 60 pedders. The final result was a loss well over 1k, so there's another anti-uber hof chalked up. :eek: At the same time, i watched a couple small teams show up and rattle off globals or a HOF, another player globaling 3 times for every one i hit. Sure, we have our good and bad days, but i'm about at the end of my rope. I can't see any reason to believe that it's possible for my avatar to actually loot well, and i'm not the only one who has made that observation.

I did get a HOF this week, my second highest loot (422), which was completely gone the next hunt.

At this point i'm just trying to decide what pro. level to set as the sell-out point if I don't see some sign that i'm not bugged (55.4 Sniper right now).

This sounds very much like the experiences of many participators in this thread (like me).
I really HATE it when people say "you must be doing something wrong" while the only thing they do 'good' themselves is having fat luck but regarding that as 'normal'.
Stories like yours, Doer, do strenghten me in my believe that there really IS some avatar attribute that influences your 'luck' during your EU/PE career.
The only question is "is it infinite or is the bad luck stroke ending some day?"
It could very well be possible that some avatars are marked for the very first 6 figure loot but to get it have to achieve a certain level, like killstrike or something :D

In the meantime I (frustrated) accept the fact that I will not get big hofs as easy as some others, and that the game is thus more expensive for me.

Back