best armour for feffs?

eagle

Dominant
Society
Belgian Dutch Society
Vincent eagle Victor
I have shogun now and breer 2a+A102 but i dont have a skillbonus anymore (rifle 2060).

Ive decided to start hunting feffoids. so i need a new armour set. Also because i want to loot a riker UL3 as thats going to be my nxt weapon as it still has damage bonus for me.

What would be the best armour to take? should i buy plates ? (does this give lower total decay?)

thanks

eagle

Kobold unplated works great for me.

decent protection as long as you dont get a few on you at once, and I get about 6 ped decay on it per 100000 ammo fired

Kobalt is the armour what you are looking for..

its cheap and it kicks ass you will be able to get clan warlords with not too much fuzz..
Depending on your fap and hp off course;p
like a fap 50 will do probably

Last edited:
Koboldz

Kobold without plates (unless you can grab 7 cheap 5D plates, but that's pretty unlikely currently). The Kobold foot guards were a bit expensive so around Christmas (+42 peds), dunno the situation now. GL :D

Kobalt is the armour what you are looking for..

its cheap and it kicks ass you will be able to get clan warlords with not too much fuzz..
Depending on your fap and hp off course;p
like a fap 50 will do probably

My nothern nub friend is right :D

Yup Kobold is the way to go. Its cheap and the most economical armour for hunting feffs. You will need a fap tho, Clan Warlods can hit about 28.0 damage through Kobold.

Viking is an awesome armor against feffs ;) Used it a while ago and I hardly got hit :D Could easily take 10-15 feffs at a time ^^

Lootius bless

If you want it easy and dont care much about decay I agree kobold is the best choise. When you want minimal decay, you will be better off with something like goblin+5d or 5b. I reccommend to try out Entropedia: Creature Maturity Levels and try different combinations of armor/plates.

Kobold without question. Viking is too much protection and all else if fugabarba! :D

In Kobold the biggest hits you will see from a Clan Warlord will be in the order of 30s-40s.

It's important to be at the right Evader level of course, otherwise you will need to over protect.

if you got a viking paying around, go for that, if you dont, kobold with 5b plates for maximum protection, or unplated, personaly i go with plates always, but on the other hand, how offen do i hunt? ^^

i always go naked and with fap-50 when im skilling fists.. great way to skill first aid too.. but when a clan warlord attacks.. im pretty screwed if fap breaks :p and if they get a few hits in and then a crit im pretty dead... but otherwise a great way atleast for me :)

hi brownie,

whats your evade level then? did you max the fap 50?
i dont think i stand a chance with that method i think...

eagle

Just check over on entropedia the other day on this and it seems gremlin is also a great armour for feff's plated or unplated depending on your evader of course, you will take slightly more damage than with kobold but with alittle less decay ^^

Kaza

well i think the best would be kobold + 5d, but i don't use this combo.

i hunt them with gremlin + 5b, easy to do and decay is ... errr ... "ok".

Kobold + 1a or 2a plates will let you take the biggest feffs without trouble :)
Although, the extra plating protection doesn't really do much, so for best eco, unplated...

Last edited:
Im still suprised by people which are playing more than one year and still dont know what type of armor is for specific mob. Do we have 300 armor sets ? lmao, i really dont think its too hard to know all armors in game.
These posts are something "Attention here im"
You can put me neg rep but i think i have the clue.

Regards me

Edit: Anyway GL with feffs :)

Last edited:
nekkid... don´t even have to have much evade for that... but 4-5 clanwarlords at the same time demands abit fapping though... lvl 20 evader atm

Armour for feffs?
Nahh..
If i'm to be paying for decay i rather pay it via usage of the fap instead, and get skills in the progress for the money spent.
Ain't no skills earned by paying armor decay.

Just tag'em and take them one by one and you'll be fine.

Last edited:
Do em armorless if you are high HP...

Do em armorless if you are high HP...

yep, with 2k+ rifle your HP & evade should be high enough to just fap (if you do one at a time)

well i think the best would be kobold + 5d, but i don't use this combo.

i hunt them with gremlin + 5b, easy to do and decay is ... errr ... "ok".

I've been experimenting with armour/plate combos and switched from Kobold to Gremlin + 5B. The armour decay bill is about half of Kobold + 2A and you only need to fap on a big critical hit so the fap decay is about a fifth of what it was with the Kobold set up...

It's a bit more expensive than the Kobold option but I'm surprised at how much cheaper the repair bill is :)

Use armor for Feffs unless you have a medium level of evade. Your cost to heal will be far higher then what your armor decay would be. But at the same time use an armor combo that doesn't give you too many 1 dmg hits, as then you will never need to heal and will never get those healing skills up. ;)

Kobold, Ghost, Viking are all good for feffoids. Edit: Miller, I think you get less decay from Gremlin because it protects less. But half you say? Sure you're not just more skilled now and take out the Feffoids faster? :)

If you got only the options of Kobold or Ghost I'd go with Ghost as it has the same protection and decay as Kobold for the lower level Feffoids, but has better protections for the bigger ones.

Viking can give you the better protections for the higher level Feffs, but the eco on that level isn't the best. Perhaps add plates to your armor instead. (Unless MA releases an Feffoid DNA/LA with so many Feffoids Clan Warlords that you need to be careful not to be mobbed by them - in which case Viking would be good to have.)

However if you trule want the best eco combination, then perhaps Goblin+5b would do the trick. It doesn't sound as you're going to be hunting the big Feffoids anytime soon, so the lack of protection on that level might not impact you too much with this combo.

Edit: Even more eco might be to just tag them and kill them one at a time, armorless. And then healing with the TT Vivo, but it comes down to if you can really do one at a time (and if you've got the patience) and it would probably not work for bigger feffoids at your level.

You're going to need an eco armour ....rikers 3s are pretty rare, you'll need to kill a lot of feffs to loot one I think.

On a sidenote....Kobold is great for Feffs, but as you progress it will likely end up in storage where a gremlin set would still be very useful on bigger mobs indefinitely. You'll probably end up needing it anyway?

t

all of the previous info is true.

however they are forgetting you already have one of the most virsitile lowend armors in the game. why invest in kobald that you will likley throw in storage in a few months tying up a large sum of ped that may become hard to sell? go for the plates 5D you will be able to use them for as long as you play on any armor you advance on to and will provide close to the same protection on your shogun as kobald unplated. everyone in eu should know that plates are often a better idea then another armor set better decay and have more varied and long term usage.

edit:
i take them in nemesis+5b but thats only when they find me i never look for them

Kobold, Ghost, Viking are all good for feffoids. Edit: Miller, I think you get less decay from Gremlin because it protects less. But half you say? Sure you're not just more skilled now and take out the Feffoids faster? :)

Yep, I tested this just the other day when I decided to get Gremlin. One hunt with Gremlin, one with Kobold, one with Gremlin, one with Kobold - sold Kobold :silly2:

I use Ghost on them, but thats just me :kos:

i hunt them naked :ahh: one at a time np;)

i dont use any, they are pretty much dead before they get to me anyway :)

Im still suprised by people which are playing more than one year and still dont know what type of armor is for specific mob. Do we have 300 armor sets ? lmao, i really dont think its too hard to know all armors in game.
These posts are something "Attention here im"
You can put me neg rep but i think i have the clue.
You earned a rare -rep from me. This forum is about the sharing of information. If you have nothing useful to offer, keep your hands away from the keyboard and venture on to a different thread. I highly doubt you're an all-knowing godlike EU-being so stop posing like an uber.

I've used Ghost, Kobold and Nemesis when hunting feffs, usually that depends on what else I'm hunting. If I'm just focusing on feffs, I'd recommend Ghost or Kobold. (Not everybody has a full suit of Viking sitting around...) :)

Armor? Dodger/Evader[ and Vivo T1]!

As I preach to my society and disciples: armor is overrated. This game that is not a game consumes all the PEDs that you offer up. It is better to hunt armor-free and use Dodger/Evader, and Vivo T1!

If you hunt without armor, you have the hardcore option of waiting for your health to regenerate over time. If you feel compelled to use a Vivo, emergency medical kit, first aid pack, or the like, you at least have the opportunity to gain skill increases while spending PEDs. Aside from uber FAPs, the Vivo T1 is the most economical FAP substitute available for avatars because they are available from Trade Terminals without markup and players can use it at maximum effectiveness at level 3 Paramedic. You can see this from the Healing Tools chart by checking the [x] Skill based (help) and [x] Include Markup checkboxes in the chart settings, and then sorting by the Eco column.

For the uninitiated, skilling the Paramedic profession has side effects.
  • Anatomy contributes at 20% to Damage professions and affects the economy of your hunts.
  • Dexterity contributes at 3% to Hit professions and affects the economy of your hunts.
  • Serendipity contributes at 4% to Damage and 1% to most Hit professions. It also contributes to Dodger, Evader, mining, and other professions.
  • It contributes to increasing your Health attribute.

Back