strange turn.

Status

Nymphe

Mature
Society
Danish Mercenaries
Catja Nymphe Kean
just got a call from one of those analytics companyes that ask you all kind of defriend things, but the funny think is that the questions startet with all the basics age etc. then over to politics and how i dress who buy my clothes and what kind of heating i use, and for the end how big the city i live in is, i mean cant they put those questions in an order there is some logic in....
:wise:

Sorry plz move to off topic didnt c that one :rolleyes:

When those call, lie on every single question.. mess up their papers a bit ;)

sounds like one of those "psychology tests" when the order and point of the questions are intentionally messed up to catch you off guard so your answers "will" present you for what you really are rather then what you want people to think you are...

i have seen similar "questionnaire" used by scientology (a hollywood based religion/sect, i think tom kruse and travolta and others as such are members of it). they even have a score chart to read your answers to deturmine your "place in a flock" :dunce:

I prefer to just answer questions with questions. Had a rather long and interesting chat with someone with a middle-eastern accent that had called about a free cell-phone offer. Was quite quite comical.

Had another long one with a woman that was trying to get a donation for a not-for-profit organization about the disease (cancer) that she was trying to get funds for. I lost an aunt to cancer, she had lost an aunt as well, was actually a rather sober conversation. I don't donate to people or answer any questoins about myself unless I can see the person face-to-face though.

Too many of these over-the-phone canvassing companies are actually just call centers that handle a number of contracts, and sometimes these details and such are an additional source of income that they generate by selling your information to other companies so that they can call you up as well and attempt more targetted advertising.

My father once made a donation over the phone. Now he gets an average of half a dozen calls a week or more for various donations. I've answered the phone while visiting a few times to hear the familiar greeting that seems often a standard in their profession.

"bring out your dead, *ding ding* bring out your dead"

Sorry mods, too much free time with game down... it's hard to resist but I'll limit one per day at the very most, I promise. ;)

Ahhhh, 2005, a good vintage!

Status
Back