PVP3 & PVP4 Tutorial

Ragnor

Provider
Society
BAHQ
Ragnor
A Tutorial
Two of the most exciting places for me on Entropia are PVP3 & PVP4. This is a basic tutorial for those who are unfamaliar with these zones.

Most new players keep far from these places, but when I was knew I went in them and so assume either the curious, the brave, the foolish or pure adrenalin junkies will also venture into such places as tourists, hunters, miners or explorers, or for any other reason so here is a tutorial.

PVP means Player versus Player.
In PVP3 or PVP4, if another player kills you they get pool loot, which comes in the form of ammo. They also get any stackable items such as hunting or mining loot you are carrying. Vice-versa if you kill them your get pool loot plus any stackable items. They cannot get you armour, weapons, ammunition, medi pacs or any other equipment you carry and you cannot get these from them.

These PVP zones appear as red circles on the map once you have discoverd them.

PVP3 is on the Continent of Eudoria
The nearest TP's to PVP3 are;
Camp Echidna, coordinates 17880 19607 (Zone is South from here)
Chimera Canyons, coordinates 15435 16280 (Zone is North East from here)
Fort Pandora, coordinates 19558 15396 (Zone is North West of here)
There is a revival outpost to the south of the zone.

PVP4 is on the continent of Amertha
The nearest TP's to PVP4 are
Akmuul, coordinates 10624 3456 (Zone is just West of here)
Myrene Island, coordinates 4224 3456 (Zone is East from here)
There are two other revival outposts to the North and South West of the zone.

To enter PVP3 or PVP4 You Need to buy a Toxic Shot from the Trade Terminal
So, don't worry. You cannot wander into thse zones by accident and lose your hard won loot. You have to buy an anti toxic shot from the trade terminal at a cost of 5.10 Ped, equip it and use it which injects you so that you can enter the zone without dying, unless a mob or player kills you of course. You die immediately you enter the zone without taking the shot to prevent people wandering in by mistake and losing a lot of hard won loot.
A warning sign comes up when you are near to the zone. Read it.

aas1_thumb.jpg

Another warning sign comes up when you have entered the zone. Read it.
aas_thumb.jpg

A warning sign comes up when you have left the zone. You can still get killed for the next 30 seconds after you leave the zones but at the date of writing if you get killed in this time you do not lose your stackable loot.

(Will load pic soon)

So, why bother taking the risk to go into PVP3 or PVP4? Various players will answer this question differently. There are different types of players who go in there.

Mob Hunters. (Solo players or teams)
In PVP4 there are mobs which are unique to that zone and cannot be found anywhere else. This draws players to the zone.

Mobs in PVP4. Attacker Generation Robots, Mulmums, Mulaaks and Muluuks. I won't tell you where these can be found in the zone as it will be more fun for you to discover this by yourself should you decide to venture in, plus, their locations sometimes change with various EU updates.

In PVP3 the following mobs can be found.
Armax, Atrax, Berycycles, Caudaterus, Chirpies, Dakibas, Exarosaurs, Feffoids, Fugabaru, Hipsidius, Hiryuu, Imunatrox, Longu, Merps, Sabakuma, Snablesnots.

Drones. You may occasionally come across Robots Drones in either of these zones, I have done so. These are the result of a miner finding a Robot Spacecraft and for whatever reason did not stay around to finish off the Drones guarding it.

Is loot on mobs any better in PVP3 or PVP4? Not that I am aware of though I have not carried out any statistical tests so that is just my opinion not infallible data. I welcome & invite others to post their opinions or findings on this.

Solo Human Hunters (Solo players or teams)
These are often highly skilled players equipped for PVP who mainly hunt human avatars in there as this can be a profitable venture. For a few rounds of ammo they can get all of the loot earned by hunters or miners. Be efficiently equipped and skilled if you hope to make Ped by becoming a human hunter yourself in any of these zones.

Recommended armours are Infiltrator, Hermes, Eon or Spartacus although low end armours such as Vigiliante, which I use myself, can keep you alive but often not for long. :)

Miners
Mining is good in both zones. That is why many players take their chances and mine in them. The list is not exhaustive and I have not previosuly kept records of what I have found in the zones but am doing so now, therefore I will add to it as I find more and other community members may well post what they have found in each zone and I will include that in a future update. These are the recent ores and enmatters that I have found or others have mentioned can be found in these places.

PVP3
Ores - Adomasite, Belkar, Caldorite, Cumbriz, Dianium, Erdorium, Durilium, Gazzurdite, Ignisium, Iron, Lysterium,

Enmatter - Acid Root, Aliencies, Angelic Grit, Binary, Garcen Grease, Growth Molecules, Oil, Lytarian dust, Magerian Spray, Melchi Water, Typonolic Steam.

PVP4
Ores - Azzurdite, Belkar, Blausarium, Caldorite, Cumbriz, Dianium, Durilium, Erdorium, Frigulite, Ganganite, Gazzurdite, Gold, Hansidian, Himni, Ignisium, Kanerium, Langotz, Lysterium, Megan, Morpheus, Narcanissum, Niksarium, Zinc, Valurite

Enmatters - Acid Root, Aliencies, Angelic Grit, Binary, Blood Moss, Chalmon, Devil's Tail, Garcen Grease, Growth Molecules, Oil, Lumus leach, Lytarian Dust, Melchi Water, Solis Beans, Typonolic Steam, Vegitation Spores.

If I am correct the highly prized blood moss refined to make Medical Compresses are unique to this zone. If others have found Blood Moss elsewhere I will rectify this statement.

Zone Etiquette
Basically, inside the zone there is none, it is fight or flight, kill or be killed, unless you are already friends with the players you meet.
Don't always trust players who ask for a truce or to be your friend when they meet you in the zones. They may shoot you in the back. It has been done. There was a team I was in once in PVP3 that included a person from a top society, he left team and without warning shot everyone else not in his society in the back. A person of real low character in my opinion despite his in game popularity outside of PVP.

Don't always trust people who try to make friends with you outside the zone. I have some good friends whom I would trust even with a no 1 mob or mining ATH in there and they know they can trust me because the friendship has been tested many times with numerous Mob or Mining Globals or Halls of Fame in each zone. However, on three occasions I have teamed with people in the zone whom I did not know that well and they have shot me in the back, so be careful who you trust. Only go in there in a team if you trust people, though, ironically sometimes the only way you can build trust with them is to go in over a period of time.
If you get shot and looted in there in a fair fight DON'T go back to the terminal and abuse the player who shot you. If they have not coerced or tricked you into going in there or asked to be your friend, teamed with you and then turned on you, then remember this. You took the shot. You had the warning messages flash up. You took the risk. If you were shot and looted, the victor did nothing wrong as that is what the zone is for. It is amusing when you shoot a player in there and they come back to the terminal and abuse you or demand for their loot back. You are only humiliating yourself so take being killed and looted in their like a good Entropian.
It can hurt if you lose a lot of loot, especially if you have a CTD, your avatar freezes, and players turn up just at that time. I lost a global once that way. It sucks to be killed in this manner but it can happen sometimes so excpet that as part of the risk as well.
On two separate occasions when I was a new player in there without asking the player who shot and looted me freely gave the loot back to me. I have given loot back myself on a couple of occasions. However don't ask for your loot back and don't expect it. If it happens, then smile and be grateful.
Sights of Interest
There are no particularly interesting sights in PVP3, but there are three sights of interest in PVP4. I won't tell you where or what these are as go and have an adventure in there yourself.

The nature of PVP4 and the players to be found in there has evolved a fair bit recently. Some top Societies tend to battle it out in there or work together to control the zone and make it as safe a hunting ground as they can.

PV3 & PVP4 can be great fun, the only people who spoil it are those who are insulting or ingracious either in victory or defeat, but the negative side of human nature emerges in every sphere of life so expect to see it here at times.

Remember, if you see a green dot, fight or run, it's your choice.If you meet me in there don't stop to say hi. I won't be in there to chat to people I don't know nor to make friends with them. LOL. Have Good luck! Good loot! But most of all Good fun in there!

Last edited:
verry nice

i specialy like the ''no etiquette'' part
u can kill annyone anny time whit out explaining why ( exept friends)
because when u enter it u get a window that say's ur ass might be kicked

/goes into PvP4
/types "Hi Rag ..."
/revives

:D

Nice tutorial m8.

There are a lot of other trick you can do in there - the only thing to say is - learn of each mistake you do - you can only get stonger.....

CU in there

/goes into PvP4
/types "Hi Rag ..."
/revives

:D

ROFLMAO

Mine would be:

/ sees green dot
/ tries to get the tp chip charged, but pressed the wrong button
/ sees glowing skull over my head

LOL

ROFLMAO

Mine would be:

/ sees green dot
/ tries to get the tp chip charged, but pressed the wrong button
/ sees glowing skull over my head

LOL

I had something quite opposite happen. I was there shooting me some attackers when I suddenly noticed a green dot. I started charging my TP chip as the dot approached. BANG, got hit once. I TP'd. While the animation was busy showing me I started TPing, BANG, got hit again. At that moment, I must not have had more than 5 remaining HP, but luckily I managed to get away.

I bet there was one frustrated guy left behind :D

I had something quite opposite happen. I was there shooting me some attackers when I suddenly noticed a green dot. I started charging my TP chip as the dot approached. BANG, got hit once. I TP'd. While the animation was busy showing me I started TPing, BANG, got hit again. At that moment, I must not have had more than 5 remaining HP, but luckily I managed to get away.

I bet there was one frustrated guy left behind :D

I'm sure there was. ;)

Although it may sound like a good idea at the time, beware of going into pvp 3/4 with a bunch of your steaming drunk team mates unless you can handle the fun :yay:

Last time I was in a PvP area...seen the green dot...up come the marber....zoom in....bang..........met up with the guy afterwards...scanned him....new player...oops :) but when in a PvP new or old...chances are your gonna get shot... :)

Good guide ;)
Magerian can also be found in PVP3 (NW of PA) :wtg:

PVP3 & PVP4 Tutorial or How to Get Shot.

;)

Also you can add in:

PVP4 ORES : Niksarium, Lyst, Morpheus, Langotz, Gold, Frigulite, Ganganite

PVP4 ENMATTERS: Binary, Acid Root, Vegitation Spores

+REP for thread nice work!

pvp4 is all the fun!! trying to get your self off there with a PKer hunting you :yay: THATS FUN!! hey... there is one trik and only one!! RUN FAST;)

btw gratz for your post.

I've always wanted to know exactly where PVP3 and 4 were. I can safely avoid them now! (Didn't know about the anti-toxic shot either)!

Rep+

Also you can add in:

PVP4 ORES : Niksarium, Lyst, Morpheus, Langotz, Gold, Frigulite, Ganganite

PVP4 ENMATTERS: Binary, Acid Root, Vegitation Spores

+REP for thread nice work!

Ty, guide updated accordingly.

pvp4 is all the fun!! trying to get your self off there with a PKer hunting you :yay: THATS FUN!! hey... there is one trick and only one!! RUN FAST;)
Except when the hunter can run faster than you :(
It's kinda frightening when you're doing top speed and this little GD is getting closer and closer ...

I'm just grateful Plasmas have a slow RoF :D

Good guide ;)
Magerian can also be found in PVP3 (NW of PA) :wtg:

That one NW of PA is not PVP3, but PVP 1.
We're talking about the red circles here, not the yellows

It Needs a Toxic Shot from the Trade Terminal
You cannot wander into thse zones by accident so don't worry. You have to buy an anti toxic shot from the trade terminal at a cost of 5.10 Ped, equip it and use it which injects you so that you can enter the zone without dying, unless a mob or player kills you of course. You die immediately you enter the zone without taking the shot to prevent people wandering in by mistake and losing a lot of hard won loot.

if I dont die in PvP, can I go back with out a new shot?

if I dont die in PvP, can I go back with out a new shot?

As long as you aren't killed by another player your shot is still in effect. If a mob in PvP kills you it doesn't take the shot away. Nor does logging out or leaving the area and coming back.

Also, you will get a message when you are killed by another player that the effect of your anti-toxic shot has worn off so you'll know when you need another.

Nice tutorial m8.

There are a lot of other trick you can do in there - the only thing to say is - learn of each mistake you do - you can only get stonger.....

CU in there

Lol when I CU in there I usually die. Oh well its only 5ped so CU in there m8 hehe. :)

As long as you aren't killed by another player your shot is still in effect. If a mob in PvP kills you it doesn't take the shot away. Nor does logging out or leaving the area and coming back.

Also, you will get a message when you are killed by another player that the effect of your anti-toxic shot has worn off so you'll know when you need another.

Actually I went in a few days ago without having been killed by a player and I died and got a message that my shot wore off...

Are you sure you had actually injected yourself with the shot? Just buying it and having it in your inventory isn't enough. You have to equip the shot and use it to be protected.

If you did have a shot and truly weren't killed by another player then I guess this is a new "feature" of EU as I've been using the same shot for a loooong time now :)

Are you sure you had actually injected yourself with the shot? Just buying it and having it in your inventory isn't enough. You have to equip the shot and use it to be protected.

If you did have a shot and truly weren't killed by another player then I guess this is a new "feature" of EU as I've been using the same shot for a loooong time now :)
Yes I injected myself and went in several times :)

A few questions...

1) is it true that if some one goes in the zone with less than half health left they can't be looted?

2) If you kill yourself, do you lose shot?

3) If you've been in the zone and just step out, and some one kills you can they loot you? Seeing as there's 30 seconds before you're safe.

4) What happens if stuff is in a storage box?

A few questions...

1) is it true that if some one goes in the zone with less than half health left they can't be looted?

No.

2) If you kill yourself, do you lose shot?

I think so, yes.

3) If you've been in the zone and just step out, and some one kills you can they loot you? Seeing as there's 30 seconds before you're safe.

If you step out of the zone, you can still be killed in the next 30 seconds, but you won't be looted (unless of course you go back in during the 30 seconds).

4) What happens if stuff is in a storage box?

You lose it. There was an old exploit where you could keep stuff in a storage box and not lose it when looted, but it was fixed.

A few questions...

I recently saw a player from the top soc in there, no armour, health low, mob on him, he still shot at me so I outmanouvered the mob and him and PK'ed him. He lost his shot but I did not get his loot. Had a friendly chat with him back at the terminal and he confirmed that you don't lose your loot in that scenario. Don't know about if you go in there with low health, but if a mob takes your health down and a player kills you, you lose your shot not your loot.

No

it just depends on what settings ma switches it to... Seems on a daily basis they are different. For a month or so it was if you were low health you would not losse your shot or your loot if pked in the zone. Just a few days ago a guy was running from me naked while getting hit by mulmuns trying to suicide, i shot him with tango with him maybe only having 10 life left so i think that doesn't work so well anymore ;)

Back