PVP3 & PVP4 Tutorial

Link works - THANKS !!

I have added it to my "wish list" but as in RL - VL dreams can be just as unreal(istic !!).

No mention of price but I'll bet it will be for the rich boys only - Aussie Pensioners do not stand a chance unless I steal one that someone puts on the ground whilst they have a meal / sleep / other um.. break !!

IF - yes IF - I got full power & - presumably - a top amp - not tried entropedia for the effects of the amps, but I'll bet it gives an envious boost, then I would expect to be able take out uber P.K'ers of the "mean bastard" variety (the target of my dreams).

I have seen the occasional anti-material rifle in auction (not often though) - their "current tt" leaves a lot to be desired.

My experiences of L items is not good & thus prefer unL but that is an incredibly expensive path - I aim high as I can but it still falls far short of "top gun / sword / knife".

Perhaps I will have to settle for a team effort in taking on those previously mentioned "mean bastards" - they sure do make a lot of enemies.

:laugh: ofc - having said all of that - even if I did buy top gun/sword/knife - MA would (at some future date ?) merely create another entry into the table of weapons & attributes and VOILLA - I am out classed again - me thinks - DOG does not come out on top - only MA does !!

:yay: Meanwhile I'll keep developing my skills to the point where ALL hunts are so profitable that peds will never again be a problem AND I can take myself off the Aussie Pensioner list :yay:

(good at dreaming) Aussie DOG !!

For that beastie, the main chance to ever own one would be to craft one from a rare looted BP I think. Low lvl BP just like the low lvl guns...and if I'm lucky enough to ever loot one with a few attempts (it'll be an L BP sadly), I'll give you one so you can fulfill your dream of revenge ;)
As for team action, maybe try Plasma Platoon around landgrab? Not a soc, just a bunch of plasmateers who hunt together (when we manage a meeting) which may be trying uber hunting in LG to help out one of the smaller socs.

t

t

..........the main chance to ever own one would be to craft one............and if I'm lucky enough to ever loot one with a few attempts (it'll be an L BP sadly), I'll give you one so you can fulfill your dream of revenge ;)...............

First point (craft one) GOOD point - GOSH - I'm showing my age - did not think of that !! :laugh:

2nd point (u give me 1) GREAT - THANKS MATE !!

** thinks .. doubt he means it - particularly with that wink on the end ... BUT ... HEY - why admit to being dubious - just "accept graceously" - he may be gullible enough to be generous to a DOG !! :D **

.........As for team action, maybe try Plasma Platoon ........ Not a soc, just a bunch of plasmateers who hunt together (when we manage a meeting) which may be trying uber hunting in LG to help out one of the smaller socs.

Now THAT seems like a good idea - yet - why NOT a soc ? - a venging Soc (against uber P.K'ers of the "mean bastard" variety), sounds like a very feasible way to go !! :wtg:

Aussie DOG !!

I survived pvp 4 tonight :yay:
i wnet mining nothign big but it was exciting the whole time.
i do not think i took my eyes off the radar waiting for the GD to show up

i did run into a purple dot ( hey Bean)

he did not scare me to much but i guess he could have killed me if he knew i had no ammo to shoot back

as i was leaving saw 2 GD on edge of radar but i was down in a valley and had time to tp out

it was a rush every one should try it at least once

I survived pvp 4 tonight :yay:

...............it was a rush every one should try it at least once

Congrats !!

I too felt your way the 1st few times - did not stop me getting really pissed off the 1st time I got killed (AND .... LOOTED)

Let us all know how you feel AFTER the first "being killed by a PK'er AND LOOTED".

:D

(cowardly OR skin flint-the loss of toxic shot) Aussie DOG !!

Hi all .. +rep for the threat indeed :)

sorry I havent read all the answers... I got to 3rd page only lol :) so I am not sure if thats not said already.. but anyaway ...
I mine sometimes in PVP3,4 and I have a survival tactics for there.. effective so far... running there without any armor ..keeping my health low (either letting mobs take care of it or myself) and a support weapon on a fast button ;) if I see a green dot... I just blow my arse off by shooting in the ground under my feet and leave the guy no chance to get me first :) of course you should keep an eye on the radar all the time, as someone may surprise you if you dont pay enough attention :laugh:
yeah.. it can sound a bit not logical , but by committing a suicide you can save yourself (ur loot) :yay:
....once again sorry if someone already advised this !
gl out there... its truly worthy trying to survive there ;) some adrenaline is always welcomed :rolleyes:

Ragnor;1167736 There was a team I was in once in PVP3 that included a person from a top society said:
I may have done this to a team of people once. But I was extremely drunk and bored and all those dots looked tooo damn inviting.

:p

Welcome to pvp.
Oh and lovely guide thanks!

p.s. thanks for the offer of your ores to save my ammo from shooting you yesterday. However i cant resist the kill... thats y im there. I lost my streak (but not your ores) on 8 :(

Last edited:
JUST could NOT resist going into a PvP zone (again) !!

Well - not sure if I survived or not but I sure do have some questions AND finish with wishful thinking << that's an invite to read !!

Location - Akmuul PvP which is a red zone.

Questions:-
- Vaccine shots - can we give ourselves more than one at a time (cumulative effect) & thus re-enter without a further shot after being killed by another Avatar ?
- TP chip usage - sequence is broken if attacked BUT if you manage to fully energise the chip, THEN get hit, do you retain the energised state or is that broken too ?
- HIGH skill P.K'ers - Do they have better vision / radar than us lesser mortals ???

Last question is because I have tried to train myself to pick on green dot targets on the edge of my radar but have extreme difficulty seeing them - obviously a scope helps BUT that also has the disadvantage of limiting the field of vision (requiring good aiming skill to even have said target in the scope field of vision).

I was blithely shooting / blading away at mobs when I noticed the green dot - as I was not under mob attack at that specific time, I immediately pressed my "emergency TP out of there" button (DAMN - fed up with losing my loot even though it has only happened to me once !!) but to no avail.

Hunter had me targeted and my TP sequ. failed each time - so - having failed to pick him up as a target to defend myself (my eyes are OLD and tunnel vision under stress is NO help !!) - I turned tail and ran - needless to say though dogs are normally faster than humans - I am an OLD dog - I died !!

After that - I hoped I would tp to the revival before being looted - this DID happen - but more likely due to the hunter NOT bothering to come closer after killing me. Neither do I believe that my hunting injuries were higher than the damage done by the hunter.

Now - the even stranger thing - I was able to re-enter without giving myself a vaccine shot ??? Hence I do wonder if I have at some stage given myself a 2nd shot (cumulative effect) OR was also being attacked by mobs (ranged weapons).

OK - my "wishful thinking" question - I was wearing my Umbra suit under my vigi armour (which did not seem too good against the plasma shots from said hunter !!) - COULD I BE LUCKY and find I have unlocked a secret of the Umbra suit - it protects your loot ??? - well - ok - I have always been the eternal optimist !!

Dare I extend the "wishful thinking" and hope that the umbra suit ALSO prevents the loss of the vaccine shot ? - well - ok - I HAVE extended !! But my life has been FULL of "eternal optimist" thoughts being just plain old fashioined WRONG !!

BTW - I was in such an aweful PANIC to get out of there that I could have been under attack from red dots as well as the green dot but I do NOT recall this being the case - also - the shots all seemed to be of the plasma type.

Neither did I shoot myself in the foot as previous posts above suggested as a "hang onto your loot and vaccine shot" tactic.

GOOD GRIEF re-reading the above makes me realise just how vulnerable I am in a PvP zone - hence the next comment !!

On thing is for sure - I NEED ONE HELL OF A LOT MORE EXPERIENCE of PvP defensive tactics before I become safe(r) in such areas - meanwhile I sign off as:

(Cannon fodder) DOG !!

A PS to any MA guy reading this - now is your chance to satify an old dog by making his wishful thinking come true - hint hint !!

Questions:-
- Vaccine shots - can we give ourselves more than one at a time (cumulative effect) & thus re-enter without a further shot after being killed by another Avatar ?
- TP chip usage - sequence is broken if attacked BUT if you manage to fully energise the chip, THEN get hit, do you retain the energised state or is that broken too ?
- HIGH skill P.K'ers - Do they have better vision / radar than us lesser mortals ???
- Umbra suit attributes

QUOTE]

Experimented with another friend (also Umbra suit owner) - taken in sequence:-

- Vaccine shot, cumulative ? - We did not try that, so still do not know.

- TP chip usage - whilst energising - get hit - lose the energised state BUT have to wait till the cycle completes before trying again - this is quite a severe "total elapsed time" penalty and makes more than one attempt futile - the plasma rifle reloads well before you can tp if you fail 1st time.

- TP chip usage - fully energised - get hit - still have the energised state - thus can escape (but not fight as equiping of a tool is mutually exclusive to to other tools). Whilst energised, you CAN trade - thus a partner(s) can give his Loot to the "ready to TP Avatar" who can escape - leaving no loot for the P.Ker (though he does get ammo from the loot pool).

- impact of FOCUS on the above - NO DIFFERENCE - focus does not protect against a hit for the TP chip

- HIGH skill P.K'ers - I do not know - I am just a LOWLY DOG !!

- Umbra suit special qualities - there was NO evidence of this in the experiements that we conducted but both being owners of an Umbra suit "may" influence the results (i.e. too many variables for the simple testing we did).

Of course - all of the above was in either a simple PvP zone (for TP chips) or a PvP red zone for the other tests - the latter makes testing quite a commitment as it involves re-vaccinationg yourself for each kill.

I STILL sign off as:-

(Cannon Fodder) DOG !!

Last edited:
Youngnott;1949887 - Vaccine shot said:
ANSWER - NO - system recognises that the 1st shot is still active, thus cannot give yourself a 2nd shot

OVERALL - I do NOT know what happened in the PvP zone - the testing simply does not validate what I thought happened there.

Even the looting by the P.K'er is automatic and it may very well be that distance does not prevent it happening.

One thing is for sure - if you TP to revival immediately upon being killed - then you were killed by another Avatar AND said Avatar will have looted you.

I saw two guys chatting at the revive west of PvP4 a while back, apparently the first one was victim of the other and was thanking him for not looting him, the other guy was laughing because someone had blasted him too..someone way off the first guys radar and thus invisible to him. 3 dots, on everyones radar except the unlucky guy in the middle...the outer 2 unaware there were more than 2 around.

Sights get better as you go up the ladder, but strangely I find that at long range you can see mobs clearly but not avatars next to them. Even if you can see one and keep it targetted, firing a plasma at it from range often results in you moving closer as you are out of range slightly which buggers up your scope view badly sometimes.

All this is academic really, taking on an uber with a Tango and 300 health in Vigi is a complete waste of ammo...even a bravo crit won't kill him IF his massive dodge lets you hit at all....a high end FAP will fix that quickly. You will be dead in one hit from a Tango most days, and good PKers have control skills and agility to not miss very often.

There are ways to give yourself time to TP, water and other obstacles mainly....the bad thing is that if you can't see the GD then you can't tell if you're dealing with a n00b miner or uber...and if you CAN see then it's too late to get away should it be someone intent on your demise. :laugh:

I wonder if a much better scope helps with that?

t

thanks for this post! lots of fun in there...I always loose but it's what I expect :D I'd+rep u but...the+rep button is gone lol! <----oh it's back! +rep!...no,no it's still gone lol! well +rep in spirit (-=

Question on Globals / HOF's in PvP red zones

Anyone prepared to say how Hof's and Globals function in PvP red (lootable areas) ?

If they are no different from none lootable areas, then the risk of a massive loss is extremely high.

If the loot for a big gain is always in ammo for PvP Red, then being looted would not be so scary.

Logically - I would expect mining to be in lootable items - not ammo.

Thus I doubt that hunting is different.

Imagine getting a 10K+ hof, then being looted before you can safely get out of the area - YIKES (<<< only used for printing purposes RL would be much stronger wording) !!

Aussie DOG !!

I may have done this to a team of people once. But I was extremely drunk and bored and all those dots looked tooo damn inviting.

:p

Welcome to pvp.
Oh and lovely guide thanks!

p.s. thanks for the offer of your ores to save my ammo from shooting you yesterday. However i cant resist the kill... thats y im there. I lost my streak (but not your ores) on 8 :(

Hehe don't worry Jak, it wasnt you

nice guide you make it here,even I'm not interested in pvp you doing a great job.Btw i found blood moss in other place also,but this is not means that the guide is not good,is great.:)

...... the other guy was laughing because someone had blasted him too..someone way off the first guys radar and thus invisible to him. 3 dots, on everyones radar except the unlucky guy in the middle...the outer 2 unaware there were more than 2 around.
THAT is very disconcerting - yet I have doubts about the range of weapons allowing that - unless someone has brided an MA official & gotten an Official MA pistol !!

As for "what is happening on the radar" at the point of extreme adrenalin rush - I think we all get confused with that - it all happens too fast.

Sights get better as you go up the ladder, but strangely I find that at long range you can see mobs clearly but not avatars next to them. ..............

I use Jzar and can see the Ava very clearly but he is fighting a mob that I cannot see. The problem with all scopes is that (for me ?) they are still only good for seeing "life" which appears on radar, though you can see (somewhat dimmly the landscape beyond that.

...... All this is academic really, taking on an uber with a Tango and 300 health in Vigi is a complete waste of ammo.............

Ha Ha - now THAT explains my problem in a nut shell !!

...... There are ways to give yourself time to TP, water and other obstacles mainly....the bad thing is that if you can't see the GD then you can't tell if you're dealing with a n00b miner or uber...and if you CAN see then it's too late to get away should it be someone intent on your demise. :laugh:

I wonder if a much better scope helps with that?

t

Thanks for that - it is all helpful for the pool of techniques being added to in this thread. yet - it is also very restrictive in what we can do if we need to stay near a mass of water.

Obviously a scope helps, yet the higher the magnification, the more restricted you are in field of view. I am trying to train myself to target green dots as they appear on the radar - getting this experience in non-PvP areas is less traumatic !! I am having extreme difficulty achieving success.

Not the least of the problems is getting a true feel for "visual distance" as compared to "radar distance" - so far, particularly if on a high mound or mountain, distances are very deceptive and I am amazed at how close the Ava is - even when my radar shows the green dot on the edge.

Perhaps I need to take my Radar to a repair terminal !!!

For me personally, my main problem remains as "age (and stress) related 'tunnel vision' " - my 70yr old brain sheds the processing load to the point where I am very aware of the action (middle of screen) but oblivious to my radar, let alone oblivious to "chat".

This has also lead to me being killed by (easy for me) mobs, triggered by noobs, simply because my keyboard / mouse functions lock up when someone sneaks up and tries to engage me in "private chat" - I am just not aware until too late that the top right hand side of the screen has a "request to chat" there !!

Let us all hope that after the new engine is installed and the (much later) MA promise of a revamp of the PvP rules, will result in evening out the chances of success.

Prone firing, removal of green dots, us having more say in a critical hit (eg a head wound being more serious than a body or limb hit) will advantage all but will also smooth out the enormous gap between uber and relative noob.

Aussie DOG !!

nice guide you make it here,even I'm not interested in pvp you doing a great job.Btw i found blood moss in other place also,but this is not means that the guide is not good,is great.:)

ah thank you for info. I will update the guide accordingly :)

Anyone prepared to say how Hof's and Globals function in PvP red (lootable areas) ?

If they are no different from none lootable areas, then the risk of a massive loss is extremely high.

If the loot for a big gain is always in ammo for PvP Red, then being looted would not be so scary.

Logically - I would expect mining to be in lootable items - not ammo.

Thus I doubt that hunting is different.

Imagine getting a 10K+ hof, then being looted before you can safely get out of the area - YIKES (<<< only used for printing purposes RL would be much stronger wording) !!

Aussie DOG !!
feels about identical to globals/hofs elsewhere, you just can get much more items with worthwhile markup in loot..

Exactly the same - swirlies, fanfare and purple spam. The only difference is that the first thing you check is your radar not the purple messages ;)

Aussie DOG !!
Thankfully I was able to GTFO of there before that happened!
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/uberloots/140312-omfg-1one-still-shock.html#post1726924

Exactly the same - swirlies, fanfare and purple spam. The only difference is that the first thing you check is your radar not the purple messages ;)

Thankfully I was able to GTFO of there before that happened!
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/uberloots/140312-omfg-1one-still-shock.html#post1726924

"look at radar first" :laugh: THAT may be the reason why I drive my mobility chair FACING oncoming traffic when there are no footpaths - you get advance warning that you are about to be hit !! :D

NICE HOF !! and you got that in PvP red ??? - THAT sure would speed up the exit protocol :yay: I can just imagine my reaction in RL - exit through heart attack - AND - just to add insult to injury, my RL Dr. would write it off as "Natural. Expected at my age" :ahh:

Aussie DOG !!

feels about identical to globals/hofs elsewhere, you just can get much more items with worthwhile markup in loot..

Thank you for that - it confirms what I have always suspected - that loot / mining gives far better returns in PvP red - there HAD TO BE better reasons for entering such areas than just the adrenalin rush.

The offset to that is that BEING looted is more than just a high risk. Soc members admit to being looted many times - BUT still they return.

If I do make PvP red part of my regular activities, I will need to expand my spreadsheet analysis further, so as to indicate the returns overall.

:laugh: Easier said than done (keep expanded stats) - I am unlikely to know how much my lost loot is worth - I CANNOT imagine myself spending time making copious notes of my loot whilst attempting to take INSTANT action on a greed dot !!

In discussing with friends on fl, going in as a team makes sense - YET - I remain very UNCONVINCED by "Oh I would NEVER kill someone on my fl" - not when I read of others admitting to turning on their friends / team members !!

OH BOY - does ANYONE have any GOOD news on PvP red for a:-

(scared out of his wits) Aussie DOG !!

Will we have to buy toxic short every time we enter PvP3 or PvP4?

Will we have to buy toxic short every time we enter PvP3 or PvP4?

No, you only lose the shot you have if you get killed inside the zones

I once went there and found no one. All the pirates are gone in the space and looting spaceships there and once looted all my inventory also. I think the taxi drivers are in constant contact with the space pirates.

I once went there and found no one. All the pirates are gone in the space and looting spaceships there and once looted all my inventory also. I think the taxi drivers are in constant contact with the space pirates.

pvp zones on other planets are typically pretty empty... nice places to mine, etc. unhindered for the most part.

Back